• 145 results
#101 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (12443 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by Chimeroid (7969 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Pretending like there isn't a difference between piercing durability and blunt force durability is ridiculous.

And pretending that there is no correlation between the two is even worse. Would you imply that you can stab a Herald tier character with planetary durability with a kitchen knife?

"neck feats"...

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#103 Posted by blackpantherisb (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

N52 Aquaman could probably pull it off, his trident can one shot everyone here with it.

#104 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I just gave up tbh.. there's a reason Diana has low piercing resistance there's a reason Aquaman does to. In Aquaman's case it's due to his skin density being lower then his muscle density. Diana has a piercing weakness.

Darkseid's body density doesnt fall under the same category. In order to Pierce him you'd have to have the strength to do so as well as an item with enough density to do it.. I don't get how that's hard to follow. Or the attempts to suggest Thor and I believe he's suggested Iron Man have better durability in regards to piercing then Darkseid.

@noone1996

#105 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: @chimeroid: If they haven't displayed piercing durability, then yeah. If Wonder Woman can be pierced by bullets then why wouldn't a kitchen knife do the same? I wouldn't imply that about Darkseid, of course, because Arthur and Diana's weaponry didn't actually pierce deeply which would mean that a low level weapon would do nothing. But for example, I don't see why Wolverine, Ares, Executioner, Thor with Jarnborn, etc. wouldn't do just as much, if not more, damage to Darkseid than Arthur did. His piercing invulnerability simply isn't on the same level as his blunt force. A punch from Ares, Executioner, or Wolverine would do nothing to him, but their cutting attacks would. It's a clear distinction.

#106 Posted by Chimeroid (7969 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Well, that is just silly. There is no real distinction between piercing and blunt damage except that the force of the penetration is greater the smaller the area is. So, sure, if the blade is 1000 times smaller than the fist it will do 1000 times the damage, and thus, only need 0.001% of the power behind it. However, if someone can tank a planet busting punch, it would still take a large-island level of force to pierce them.

#107 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Then we are in agreement. Unless displayed otherwise, being able to take a planetary level blunt forced attack would mean their piercing durability significantly less than that. That's all I've been saying this entire time. When people say, "he pierced Darkseid and he's no-sold punches from the JLA" then it becomes problematic.

#108 Posted by seastone98 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: well 1 more thing u need 2 consider is dat aquaman's trident is unbreakable (so far its cut & stabbed thru basically everything it has come in contact wit) so dat helps alot 2

#109 Posted by Chimeroid (7969 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Then we are in agreement. Unless displayed otherwise, being able to take a planetary level blunt forced attack would mean their piercing durability significantly less than that. That's all I've been saying this entire time. When people say, "he pierced Darkseid and he's no-sold punches from the JLA" then it becomes problematic.

Sure, it takes a lot less force, however, it still takes a LOT. And you can't pretend that stabbing someone with planetary durability is not impressive.

#110 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: In this context, sure. It's impressive. Thing is the most durable one here after all.

#111 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: how in the hell have i missed Wolverine piercing Mangog... do you have an issue for that?

I'm curious how do you extrapolate that scan into 'wolverine piercing mangog'?

Wolverine has consistently had trouble cutting godly and magical beings. He had trouble with regular thor, his claws were no sold by king thor, no sold by a nemion lion, and no sold by mangog among others.

Everything on the panel makes this pretty clear. How did you come to the conclusion wolverine "pierced" mangog when his entire set of claws are totally visible outside of mangogs body? We've seen what it looks like when wolverine stabs or cuts someone. There are black lines drawn all over wolverines body, all over mangogs body, and all over the floor in that scan. Are you arguing that wolverine cut mangog because he made contact with him and touched him with the claws? Because in that case there's a long list of 20+ people who have damaged and cut wolverines claws. They even had yellow coloring on the tip of wolverine's claws indicating the attack was no sold (like when two swords clash against each other for example). This was also a lunge attack from wolverine. Wolverines dialogue confirms it as well, he was expecting to cut mangog as you see from his speech, then as soon as his attack is no sold his jaw drops and his speech cuts off. I really don't see how you're arguing wolverine pierced mangog when his entire set of claws is visible outside mangogs body though. Are you arguing wolverine's claws are three feet long or something and that they are stabbing mangog in that scan and we just don't see them? Because the tip of his claws are glowing yellow.

I also don't see how you can extrapolate wolverine surviving a tail flick from mangog into "wolverine tanked an attack from mangog". Especially not when you can't even tell if wolverine jumped out of the way. The bottom line is mangog can eat wolverine or tear him apart with his bare hands.

For the record this is what cutting mangog looks like. His blood has always been shown as blue or red. I don't see how wolverine pierced mangog when his claws were clearly visible outside of mangogs body.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

This is what wolverine piercing someone looks like. You can clearly see wolverine's claws are nowhere near 2 or 3 feet long. You can also see what blood looks like.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

@ecstaticgrace: Pretending like there isn't a difference between piercing durability and blunt force durability is ridiculous.

Except the more durable you are to blunt force and energy attacks, the more durable you are to piercing attacks. Hence why people like mangog, juggernaut, king thor, among other characters have no sold wolverines claws. The weaker you are to blunt force and energy attacks, the weaker you are to piercing attacks. This applies to every character in comics. Hence why wolverine has cut people like the thing, ironman, hulk, namor, and others very easily. Wonderwoman is irrelevant here because she has a piercing weakness. Her blunt force and energy durability is comparable to someone like an enraged savage hulk or world war hulk, whilst her piercing durability is comparable to an average human supposedly.

Aquamans trident has pierced and cut people and things that are far more durable than anybody in this gauntlet. Ergo, he one shots everyone here with his trident. Darkseid doesn't have a piercing weakness. And aquamans trident shattered a forcefield that wonderwomans sword couldn't penetrate. While Wonderwomans sword itself has feats comparable to if not superior to wolverines claws.

#112 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I read this thread the more I like it. Interesting arguments.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#113 Posted by _KingofLatveria (12292 posts) - - Show Bio

like Wolverine piercing Mangog being a low showing lol

#114 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass said:

Mangog no sold wolverines claws. Can you show me wolverine piercing him? If you're arguing that wolverine pierced mangog because he touched or poked him with the claws, then that means there's 30+ characters who have scratched, dented and pierced wolverines claws.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#115 Posted by _KingofLatveria (12292 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:
@mooty_pass said:

Mangog no sold wolverines claws. Can you show me wolverine piercing him? If you're arguing that wolverine pierced mangog because he touched or poked him with the claws, then that means there's 30+ characters who have scratched, dented and pierced wolverines claws.

I honestly have not seen Mangog being pierced by Logan's claws. I'm not familiar with him at all outside of his current Version but being pierced by Wolverine's claws that go through Thanos is not a low showing in any form

#116 Edited by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

If they haven't displayed piercing durability, then yeah. If Wonder Woman can be pierced by bullets then why wouldn't a kitchen knife do the same? I wouldn't imply that about Darkseid, of course, because Arthur and Diana's weaponry didn't actually pierce deeply which would mean that a low level weapon would do nothing. But for example, I don't see why Wolverine, Ares, Executioner, Thor with Jarnborn, etc. wouldn't do just as much, if not more, damage to Darkseid than Arthur did. His piercing invulnerability simply isn't on the same level as his blunt force. A punch from Ares, Executioner, or Wolverine would do nothing to him, but their cutting attacks would. It's a clear distinction.

Executioners axe doesn't have the feats anywhere near ares, wolverine or thors weapons. Thors axe obviously would do more damage to darkseid than arthur did. And wolverines claws could do the same damage or less. I think wonderwomans sword and arthurs trident have better feats than wolverines claws, their best feat is piercing thanos but that was a very long time ago. I don't think modern day wolverine would do much to thanos.

Then we are in agreement. Unless displayed otherwise, being able to take a planetary level blunt forced attack would mean their piercing durability significantly less than that. That's all I've been saying this entire time. When people say, "he pierced Darkseid and he's no-sold punches from the JLA" then it becomes problematic.

But that isn't how piercing attacks function. A blade that pierces hulk is going to need repeated strikes to break down a building. Piercing attacks generally don't function in a planetary/city/country level of damage output. For example wolverine has cut the hulk, gladiator, ironman, thing etc with his claws. However, it would take wolverine a long time to chop through a building, and would take him forever to chop through a planet! Also, no selling planet busting punches is thanos level durability. Wolverine would struggle to cut someone who is that durable. He has one high end showing with thanos, apart from that his best feat is piercing thor, wwh, and a few others.

#117 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:
@mooty_pass said:

LOL no comment. I'm just here to watch an learn.

#118 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster said:
@_kingoflatveria said:
@mooty_pass said:

I honestly have not seen Mangog being pierced by Logan's claws. I'm not familiar with him at all outside of his current Version but being pierced by Wolverine's claws that go through Thanos is not a low showing in any form

I don't think modern day wolverine would pierce thanos. Thanos is a lot more durable now than he was back then. And this is the scan people used to argue that wolverine pierced mangog. Moreover the thanos feat is wolverines best showing ever. He hasn't consistently cut anyone at that level

No Caption Provided

#119 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: @beastmonster:

I just want to put my two cents in. What feats do we have that we can claim Current Thanos can not be affect by piercing attacks?

This is Blunt Force Vs Piercing. Current Thonos can tank Blunt Force, but we've never seen him get stabbed....YET anyway in his current form.(I don't THINK) As for the Mangog scan Mangog does seem hurt by Wolverine and the Lady in Red and the Guy with a weird hammer.

I don't know that's how I see it anyway. Carry On.

#120 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Thanos no-sold a glaive which could cut atoms. It easily pierced Hulk and Hyperion. This was while Thanos was dying and becoming weaker. He also no-sold Gamora's godkiller sword while weakened. The sword literally broke on his skin. Wolverine did manage to stab through him though.

#121 Posted by Vertigo- (16198 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Thanos no-sold a glaive which could cut atoms. It easily pierced Hulk and Hyperion. This was while Thanos was dying and becoming weaker.

For reference:

• Scan 1- Infinity issue 6- Corvus' glaive being confirmed to cut atoms, while also piercing Hulk.
  • Scan 2- Thanos vol 2 issue 1- Thanos fighting Corvus, and flat out blocking said glaive. Thanos was confirmed to be dying at the end of the issue.
#122 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio
@vertigo- said:
@noone1996 said:

@mooty_pass: Thanos no-sold a glaive which could cut atoms. It easily pierced Hulk and Hyperion. This was while Thanos was dying and becoming weaker.

For reference:

• Scan 1- Infinity issue 6- Corvus' glaive being confirmed to cut atoms, while also piercing Hulk.
  • Scan 2- Thanos vol 2 issue 1- Thanos fighting Corvus, and flat out blocking said glaive. Thanos was confirmed to be dying at the end of the issue.

Yes, I have read those issues Thank You. However, an argument can be made for Blunt force. Now if we ARE going to use this scan then really Thanos should have had his arm cut off. Something doesn't seem right to me. Why does his armor protect him from Atom slicing weapons? But is able to cut Hulk a character with amazing durability. And not to mention the same Thanos who fought Black Bolt and took his Full powered scream only to have the very same clothes he's wearing fall off, but not against an Atom slicing Weapon. THAT is suspicious and it doesn't make sense to me, but whatever thanks for providing it. :-)

#123 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: How could the glaive pass off as a blunt force attack? Also, piercing weapons are different than blunt forced weapons, which is essentially what Black Bolt's scream would be.

#124 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: @beastmonster:

I just want to put my two cents in. What feats do we have that we can claim Current Thanos can not be affect by piercing attacks?

This is Blunt Force Vs Piercing. Current Thonos can tank Blunt Force, but we've never seen him get stabbed....YET anyway in his current form.(I don't THINK) As for the Mangog scan Mangog does seem hurt by Wolverine and the Lady in Red and the Guy with a weird hammer.

I don't know that's how I see it anyway. Carry On.

Thanos has become a lot more durable over time whilst wolverine hasn't ever cut anyone comparable to thanos apart from the one instance 40 years ago. Thanos can be affected by piercing attacks, but it depends on how powerful the weapon or object being used to pierce him is.

That being said I don't know if the corvus glaive feat is a cutting resistance feat or an atomic manipulation resistance feat. Also thanos blocked that hit with his armor so i don't think it's really a piercing resistance feat. His armor isn't the same, as you can see some of it is just blue cloth while other parts have the golden armor which is what he used to block the hit.

Thanos is a lot more durable than hulk and hulks piercing durability isn't very good. He's been cut open by wolverine, shadowforge blades, ironmans energy blades, namors trident, wendigo, etc. It's hard to say what would pierce modern thanos. I don't think wolverine would cut modern thanos the way he cut thanos 40 years ago.

And regardless aquamans trident has its own feats which make it easily capable of inflicting lethal wounds to any of the team members here. In battles on the forums, gear, like speed can provide a significant, even Op advantage to one side.

#125 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Thanos arm was supposed to be cut or chopped off due to the claims of it being Atom slicing correct? Because that didn’t happen that attack now became Blunt Forced because it didn’t do what it was made to do. Black Bolts scream destroyed Thanos’s armor. So answer this. Why was Black Bolt able to shatter his armor and gear but the Glaive couldn’t put a dent? Why was the Glaive able to pierce the Hulk who’s durability is very high can’t pierce his armor? That makes no sense.

#126 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Where and when was it stated his arm would be chopped off? The only thing that makes no sense is your weird ABC logic about the glaive and Black Bolt's voice somehow being correlated... Are you trying to say that an atom cutting attack should be far above BB's voice as a principle? Because again, that's comparing apples and oranges. That's like saying, "Thor got cut by Wolverine, but tanked hits from Thanos". It doesn't make sense.

#127 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: Ok, I think understand your point, I’ll do more research on that as well for my own understanding. Though I don’t see why his claws can’t cut Thanos I mean maybe not his gear but like his actual Skin. Personally I don’t think the Corvas Glaive scan is a good scan to use because it has to much (how come?) if you know what I mean?

In regards to the fight I know I said Aquaman Wins her, but not so sure anymore. I’ll re think. But I appreciate you explaining your point. :-)

#128 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Oh my god dude calm down it’s not that serious. Since you didn’t get it I’ll explain again. For the second time. Thanos arm should be injured or damaged if given the claim to the Glaive being Atom Slicing. You can not state a weapon said to do one thing and it doesn’t live up to its reputation. And have another power outshine the weapon. Sheesh chill your so emotional.

#129 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Well the corvus glaive hit thanos armor. Thanos armor can be pretty durable considering the intelligence and tech thanos has access to. Moreover thanos is astronomically more durable than the hulk. So something cutting the hulk doesn't mean it has to cut thanos.

And I think piercing weapons might be more or less powerful depending on how they function. An atomic splitting piercing weapon may only be similar to an atomic manipulation attack. Whilst things like wolverines claws and thors axe cut through things by virtue of the material they are made out of or in some cases enchantments placed on them.

Wolverines claws did cut thanos' in the chest a long time ago. My point was I don't think they would cut thanos today since thanos' durability has gone up since then, whilst wolverine hasn't been cutting anyone with durability comparable to thanos (apart from the one instance where he cut thanos himself 40 years ago or so).

Aquamans trident has cut darkseid and has cut a forcefield that wonderwomans sword could't break. Those things are a lot more durable than anyone in this gauntlet, hence why i think aquamans trident will give him an easy win here.

#130 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: Right, which is why the Glaive smacking against the arm makes it Blunt Force. And when you add his high tech etc gives more reason to why the Atom Splitting failed ok got it.

Ok, I see your point now. Though I don’t remember the last high caliber enemy Wolverine cut with his claws. Now I’d like to see that happen.

You don’t think Arthur would be overwhelmed?

#131 Edited by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: I don't think so. Aquaman has comparable if not superior durability, comparable strength, but a large speed advantage and an extremely potent gear advantage. Those two advantages are enough to give him the win imo.

Wolverine has impaled world war hulks arm, cut thor, stabbed gladiators shoulder. I think those are some of his more recent top end feats. Apart from that he did stab hulk through the skull at one point which is pretty crazy.

The atom splitting glaive has limited feats outside of cutting hulk and hyperion. It's sharp no doubt. corvus was also only toying with hulk and grazed the glaive across his chin when he cut it. But its feats aren't really enough to indicate that it can cut thanos. Not to mention thanos' tech should all around be superior to anything the black order have access to.

#132 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: I agree with you on the Thanos thing.

If Aquaman is to win I think he’d have a good struggle on his hands. I don’t think this would be an easy fight for him.

#133 Edited by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: True, i'd say it depends on whether aquaman is willing to kill or mortally wound the team. I would say he has the capabilities to do so if he chooses to, though!

#134 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: I'm calm. For an molecule cutting attack to not work on Thanos, that just goes to show how durable he really is. He's immune to that kind of thing. He's that durable.

#135 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: @noone1996:

-To Beastmaster: Ok, yeah I can get behind that. I can see Arthur taking the route to severely harm them so that they are no longer mobile.

-To Noone1996: His Gear you mean. The Glaive didn’t touch his skin. It’s the gear that adds to his high durability.

#136 Edited by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Yes, we weren't talking about a naked Thanos if you want to get technical. Although if you do want to talk about him...

No Caption Provided

#137 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Yeah that blunt force having some extent having to do with piercing is the point I was trying to get across. Whatever you use to Pierce said object has to have some greater density then the object it's piercing as well as the user having to have sufficient enough strength to Pierce said object. For example Aquaman pierced Darkseid's chest suggesting the density of his Trident is greater then that of Uxas chest. The distance of how far it went though suggest Aquaman didn't have sufficient enough strength to get it as far as a killing blow. Superman for example probably would of got the trident further through Darkseid.

Graves mention typically slips my mind most of the time so I liked that mention.

#139 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Not only is he naked, but that's also the scan of Gamora admitting that her god killing sword broke on his skin ;)

#141 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: Not only is he naked, but that's also the scan of Gamora admitting that her god killing sword broke on his skin ;)

OK, I stand corrected.

So basically you can't cut his skin ok thanks.

@mooty_pass: Yeah that blunt force having some extent having to do with piercing is the point I was trying to get across. Whatever you use to Pierce said object has to have some greater density then the object it's piercing as well as the user having to have sufficient enough strength to Pierce said object. For example Aquaman pierced Darkseid's chest suggesting the density of his Trident is greater then that of Uxas chest. The distance of how far it went though suggest Aquaman didn't have sufficient enough strength to get it as far as a killing blow. Superman for example probably would of got the trident further through Darkseid.

Graves mention typically slips my mind most of the time so I liked that mention.

THAT I can get behind fair enough. I have no argument there.

#142 Posted by Noone1996 (8172 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass: And again, Thanos was weakened in both instances.

#143 Edited by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@mooty_pass said:

OK, I stand corrected.

So basically you can't cut his skin ok thanks.

Thanos can be cut provided you have a powerful enough weapon. The godslayer sword didn't cut him but the godslayer hasn't really cut anyone notable. The sword itself was given to gamora by thanos.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/godslayer/4055-56963/

It's not unreasonable to assume that thanos would have some sort of resistance to tech that he himself made or gave to people. Something like aquaman's trident or wonderwomans sword may be able to pierce thanos. All though i think thanos nowadays is probably a lot more resistant to piercing and other types of attacks than he used to be.

Anytime you are evaluating piercing weapons you'd need to see the feats of who they have cut. With aquamans trident, he has cut a forcefield that wonderwomans sword couldnt cut, and has also cut darkseid. So those feats alone are enough to say he's going to severely cut everyone on the team, and he may be able to pierce thanos also!

The true power of God slayer has not been revealed. Godslayer was originally given to Gamora by Thanos to kill the Magus. Its composed of an unknown nigh unbreakable substance. It is capable of killing gods and other vastly powered beings. It has also demonstrated the ability to bring forth and engulf its self in an undefined blue energy.

When last referenced the blade had broke on Thanos' skin when Gamora attempted to kill him after his recent rebirth and upgrade in the Thanos Imperative story arc.

#144 Posted by Buckwheat (1382 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this 3 pages long?

Team wins.

#145 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8146 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: And I agree. I was more saying that we have NEVER seen a blade cut Thano's skin which was my only gripe. But @noone1996 made point that Gamora's blade didn't cut him when he was butter ball Naked(Which is HILARIOUS) that's fine i'll concede on that point. I just wanted to see actual proof of skin to blade contact that's all. :-) But @ecstaticgrace also made a interesting point.