Aquaman (DCEU) vs Endgame Thanos (MCU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Arthur is hurt by mostly boulder level attacks and at times lesser like that grenade launcher.

So Thanos can probably take him down with one good hit.

However Arthur and Orm were sending each other flying. Now they weren't flying a very massive distance but it was still underwater so it took effort.

Basically I think Arthur can hold his own and possibly one shot with the trident if he hits the right spot but Thanos is much stronger and one decent punch would do the trick.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:

Thanos one shots. Someone lock this mismatch

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@jashro44: Vibranium is definitely a power metal. What I question is the extent of that power.

Well I've already shown quantifiable feats fro vibranium.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't see atlantean steel replicating this.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6-7/10 for Thanos.

People underrate Aquaman with his new gear though. They’re the greatest weapons/gear forged by his people, so they should easily contend with other high tier weapons. His old armor withstood a direct hit from Steppenwolf’s axe. And he’s taken punches and environmental damage very well. He’s been stabbed and continued fighting unphased. He’s extremely skilled. So he’s not going down easily.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman wins himself a ticket to an early grave

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is Thanos

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman has a better weapons made of Atlantian steel. Which is by feats far superior to vibranium or uru

Not to mention he is way stronger and more skilled

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos can easily cut and kill here; more skilled, better stats, and the size advantage helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did this get to 5 pages loooooool

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unless its in water, Thanos lolstomps. Not even close.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

That's not quantified. It's scaled with some of the feats for Thor in contention as outliers. There isn't even an indication of how much force Thor intended on placing into the blows. It's fallacious to accept Thor's strikes on Cap's shield and write off Steppenwolf's axe on Aquaman's armor.

It is quantified because we visibly see how hard Thor hit the shield. The shockwave was powerful enough to destroy a tank. The actual hit would logically be a lot stronger. With the second gif we see trees in the surrounding area were destroyed. We can ignore all other showings from thor and change his name to Bob and the feat wuld be just as impressive for vibranium.

Thor actually did something similar striking dirt in the battle of Vanaheim.

The expression on his face looks like he's putting effort into that one.

I can't actually view your clip but I am measuring the force based on the destruction the shockwave caused to the environment and objects.

Here is the clip I was thinking of where Thor is bleeding from a boulder thrown by Kurse that Thor had blocked with his arms. It looks like the rubble falling or shrapnel from the boulder caused the bleeding. Stone piercing his skin shows he has low showings.

Note that Mjolnir was virtually useless against Kurse but he was easily pierced by a standard sword. Later in the movie Thor is hitting enemies hard enough to dent them halfway through cars. He also grunt in pain when he gets hit hard enough to not damage a car. Thor was knocked unconscious by a shockwave that did virtually no damage to anything around it.

I don't see how this pertains to Thor hitting vibranium with enough force where the shockwave of his hit destroys a tank. As for the kurse stuff, Kurse is strong so I don't consider that a low showing. Force=Mass X Acceleration.

Atlantean steel isn't any better off, granted. What we know is that it's far superior to surface materials, which gets back to my comments on Iron Man's armor feats of durability in comparison. It also gets back to Poseidon's steel > Atlantean steel.

Iron man's armor also has better feats than atlantean steel. Cap's vibranium shield has been described as "nearly indestructible".

The other comparison I would draw would be Wakandan tech (which is based on vibranium) and Atlantean tech (which uses Atlantean steel among it's components). This scene from Black Panther shows a Wakandan ship being torn apart in a crash landing.

In this video we can see Falcon, War Machine, and Bucky using more traditional military weapons alongside Wakandan tech just as effectively as the vibranium tech.

Thanos even took the effort to use the stones to protect himself from War Machine's weapons fire in Infinity War as opposed to demonstrating that he could tank it.

We don't see how T'challa took that ship out. We also don't know for certain if its made out of vibranium. As for Sam, War machine, and Bucky using weapons as effectively as vibranium....I don't see the point. The outriders weren't durable, they just had high pain tolerance. That's not a knock against vibranium.

Thanos also used the stones to defend against Okoye spear so I don't see the point of bringing up him using them to defend against war machine. The reality is atlantean steel has no feats of taking a hit that creates a shockwave which destroys a tank or destroys trees in the surrounding area.

Compared to Atlantean tech....

Atlanteans have harnessed unlimited energy, something no one in the MCU can claim; not even Wakanda and their vibranium. Even Thanos main motivation is based on resources running out.

In that video, we can see Poseidon's steel being used as an energy source similar to vibranium but that relatively small amount sunk Atlantis, which is beyond what we've seen from vibranium at this point.

I think there is a very solid argument for Atlantean steel and Poseidon's steel to be compared to Asgardian steel and vibranium. I would say Poseidon's steel > vibranium based on the Atlantis sinking feat. Poseidon's steel is what Aquaman is using.

I don't see the point. Just because Atlantis has greater technology doesn't mean poseidon steel or atlantean steel ar emore durable than vibranium. In the scene your talking about the trident was used to create a chain reaction which sunk atlantis. It didn't unless all that energy at once. I also don't think that makes it more resilient to trauma than Vibranium. In real life different metals have different melting points. Tungsten has a way higher melting point than gold for example but they have around the same density. Plus what makes vibranium as resilient as it it, is its ability to absorb vibrations. So just because posieden steel can channel a massive amount of energy doesn't mean it is more resistant to damage.

As far as I am aware the best feat from atlantean steel and posieden metal by extension who be the fact that the metals can clash with each wielded by the strength of aquaman and Orm. But even than it can only do that for a time. In there first duel Orm broke Aquaman's trident and in the second aquaman broke orm's trident. While there tridents took a bit of punishment during there fight I don't see any strike that would be equivalent to destroying an armored tank with the shock wave of the hit. They create shockwaves in general and crash through stone but indirectly destroying a tank with the shockwave of the hit is still a lot better.

Loading Video...

To be clear, I still say Thanos takes a comfortable majority here, with low difficulty

Alright.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LMAO why is this a thread this is a spite Thanos stomps the shit out of him

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You understand that at around 1:47 in that video a shockwave/cavitation of that size that deep underwater that even the audience felt is like a mini-nuke at least?

Considering the underwater sonic booms and aerodynamic heating affecting the tridents (which takes even more stupidly huge amounts of energy while underwater especially) meaning they're going well over hypersonic speeds underwater, which also requires a stupidly huge amount of power as explained in this video.

Loading Video...

The tactical nukes creating several hundred meter wide cavitations at the final battle and water-to-energy converting plasma guns also make sense when this is how tough royal Atlanteans and their weapons/armor are, because they're probably the only things that could possibly damage them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrey said:

@jashro44: You understand that at around 1:47 in that video a shockwave/cavitation of that size that deep underwater that even the audience felt is like a mini-nuke at least?

Considering the underwater sonic booms and aerodynamic heating affecting the tridents (which takes even more stupidly huge amounts of energy while underwater especially) meaning they're going well over hypersonic speeds underwater, which also requires a stupidly huge amount of power as explained in this video.

The tactical nukes creating several hundred meter wide cavitations at the final battle and water-to-energy converting plasma guns also make sense when this is how tough royal Atlanteans and their weapons/armor are, because they're probably the only things that could possibly damage them.

I'm gonna need a citation for this claim. That shockwave is nowhere near nuke level. It didn't actually destroy anything unlike the power of Thor's shockwave. Yea its under water but we already know Aquaman can swim fast.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU isn’t wanker but Aquaman vs Thanos is 5 pages. Aii comicvine

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain why this hasnt been locked yet

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Underwater explosions/shockwaves take vastly more energy to get to any appreciable size because water is crushing it from all directions to a vastly higher scale than air, a shockwave like that that could reach the audience would take stupid huge amounts of power, because duh.

There's also this thing called drag force that means going supersonic underwater (which is around 4.5 mach and we know they're going even faster than this with how their tridents were heating up) requires an energy equivalence of dozens to hundreds of tons of TNT, because you'd need that amount of energy to overcome all the water you're hitting, just like air resistance but a 1,000x worse because water's mass is a 1,000x heavier. And their tridents just hit each other with that amount of force and were perfectly fine, and their arm sockets somehow weren't disintegrated either because they're just that tough.

The entire Aquaman movie as a whole is hilarious because of shit like this, these guys are like swimming nukes, and barely anyone in CV realizes it even though it's plainly obvious how hard it is to move and do anything underwater.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:

Because no one has locked it.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is going to smack AM up half to death.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By MattyBoi

@rijehu said:
@mattyboi said:

Because no one has locked it.

It should be btw @jedixman mismatch

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrey:

Underwater explosions/shockwaves take vastly more energy to get to any appreciable size because water is crushing it from all directions to a vastly higher scale than air, a shockwave like that that could reach the audience would take stupid huge amounts of power, because duh.

Interesting video.

There's also this thing called drag force that means going supersonic underwater (which is around 4.5 mach and we know they're going even faster than this with how their tridents were heating up) requires an energy equivalence of dozens to hundreds of tons of TNT, because you'd need that amount of energy to overcome all the water you're hitting, just like air resistance but a 1,000x worse because water's mass is a 1,000x heavier. And their tridents just hit each other with that amount of force and were perfectly fine, and their arm sockets somehow weren't disintegrated either because they're just that tough.

The entire Aquaman movie as a whole is hilarious because of shit like this, these guys are like swimming nukes, and barely anyone in CV realizes it even though it's plainly obvious how hard it is to move and do anything underwater.

I think the issue is it doesn't make sense for Aquaman to be able to strike with the force of a nuke. Justice league showed a big gap in power between superman and people stronger than aquaman like steppenwolf and superman got completely zombified by a nuke. You also do have showings where aquaman was dropped a grenade launcher.

I guess I stand corrected but in light of this information this makes me think there was WIS involved. James Wan probably never took any of this into account.

Monitorhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Monitorhammer

Thanos god stomp.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

That's just trying to apply real world physics to comic book physics. It's why I don't have much faith in Thor's rings feat or Aquaman's sub feat.

For what its worth the VFX team for infinity war confirmed the rings are "miles and miles long".

As for our earlier discussion, Poseidon's steel > vibranium based on the higher energy output we see a small amount of Poseidon's steel compared to the energy output we've seen from vibranium. That's where my thoughts were going in the tech discussion, if it wasn't clear.

I do see Atlantean steel > Iron Man's armor feats and Poseidon's steel a suitable replacement for vibranium at a minimum.

Well as I said different metals have higher melting points than others. The way it channels energy isn't really indicative of how tough it is.

That doesn't exceed the shockwave that destroyed Atlantis (that the trident and armor both survived) and the trigger for the originating shockwave. Remember, Atlantean steel > than the steel used in a tank construction as well.

I don't think it was the shock wave alone which destroyed atlantis. I think there experiments created a chain reaction which sunk atlantis. We did see the shockwave destroy a giant machine but keep in mind the hit that Thor used to create a shockwave which destroyed a tank was against vibranium. The feat isn't the shield taking a shockwave, its the shield taking a hit that was strong enough to create a shockwave which destroyed a tank.

Not sure the issue with the clip (nm, on second look it had embedding disabled - you should be able to play it in youtube), but it's Thor leaping up and smacking the ground to create a shockwave that knocked over others. He looked like he was putting more effort into it with less effectiveness. Didn't even show damage to the ground.

Its hard to judge effort in live action movies because we have to keep in mind that the actors are exerting themselves acting in these scenes. Thanos grunted picking up hulk and I don't think that really means anything.

The rock decelerates the second it leaves Kurse, and how strong is Kurse by feats? It's not like we can scale Kurse off Thor to prove Thor. The feat is Thor being cut by regular stone that was thrown with enough force to destroy the stone. There's no additional shockwave. There's no damage to the surroundings. Kurse breaking the boulder free wasn't that impressive either.

Why can't we scale Kurse from Thor? Again I haven't seen this Thor movie but my understanding is Kurse was stomping Thor pretty badly.

That piece of rock wasn't even as big as the one Manta destroyed with his plasma shot. Aquaman taking Manta's plasma blast with burns is a better feat given the size difference of the rocks in question. ;-)

Right. But just because a feat can't quantified doesn't mean its a bad feat. It just means no one can really say how impressive the feat is so you can't really use it to your advantage. I don't think anything should be taken away from MCU Thor because Kurse threw a boulder at him. Hulk and Thor have hurt each other by throwing objects like trains at each other but I would never call that a low showing:

No Caption Provided

I don't think we should hold it against characters when someone who is a physical equal/peer/superior hurts someone else using weapons within the environment. Like if juggernaut grabbed a wrecking ball and used it to pummel hulk I wouldn't view it as a low showing for hulk. I view thor being hit by a boulder thrown by Kurse the same way.

The problem with that statement is Iron Man's armor has been specifically stated to be a steel titanium alloy. Atlantean steel beats surface alloys and that's precisely why I stated we can scale Atlantean steel to Iron Man's armor. A lot of things in comics and movies are described as "indestructible" or "nearly indestructible". Both are subjective statements and either only holds true to the point we see what actually causes them damage.

I don't agree with scaling between two metals in different universes. Iron man's armor being as tough as it is could have to do with the way it is designed. Maybe it has very highly advanced shock absorbers built in. At the end of the day I just don't agree with scaling atlantean steel to Tony's armor when Tony's armor has better feats.

That gets back to Steppenwolf's axe, which has some solid feats to back up the durability of Atlantean steel. In Aquaman and Justice League, we did not see anything damage Atlantean steel other than more Atlantean steel or Poseidon's steel. Well, that and the Karathon who no sold destroying it. It handled crushing pressure and lava just fine. It handled Parademons, who could tear pieces off of the Batmobile and later hurt Steppenwolf. It's above Cyborg's alien metal (which tanked Supes' heat vision as well and I can give plenty of feats of heat vision against standard metals to demonstrate Cyborg's metal is also > earthly metals) created by motherbox, which Steppenwolf's axe cleaved nicely.

I think Atlantean steel > Cyborg's metal body or Steppenwolf's axe is pretty impressive.

It is impressive. I do just want to say that I am not scaling vibranium to Thor's high end feat. I am presenting a measureable feat for vibranium that just so happens to involve thor.

Okoye's spear is definitely vibranium and using the stone to block the spear or bullets implies he believes those can hurt him. It's implied many times in Infinity War that blades and piercing weapons can hurt Thanos.

Honestly I wouldn't take anything that happened at the end of infinity war seriously. Black Widow ran at thanos with a taser.

Also, Steppenwolf has this shockwave with his axe. A person cannot simply take the high showing of Thor's hammer on Cap's shield and then dismiss the power of Steppenwolf's axe.

Anyway, I've given my opinion and stated my case.

Fair enough.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the Thanos wank.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site is full of pure fan wank now-a-days. Can’t believe people are still here.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos grinds Aquaman into the dirt. C'mon guys.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BloodTimeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol how did this last so long? Only Clark is a genuine threat to Thanos for a majority

Omandtellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU please stop thanos win.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh!t why hasn't this been locked yet? There is no reason this should be 5 pages long.

Avatar image for overlordmonitor
Overlordmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easy win.

MarMarMar203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even armorless swordless thanos slaughters...

Thanos with armor and sword tears him..

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos one shots.

Just lock this.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: Yeah. If fact, I think he has a solid chance of winning. He was trained from birth to be warrior and he is stronger thx to the submarine feat. He can make an advantage of his size difference by making sure not not to get too close. Because Thanos is a lot bigger logically he should be slower, so if he takes a swing with his double blades sword that’s gonna provide an opening for Arthur to take advantage of. He can target the openings in his armor like say his mouth. Assuming the trident can pierce him, it’s gonna be a kill shot if he goes for the chin or face. That’s my opinion.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Thanos also has been invading planets for thousands of years.The submarine feat is an outlier,though it doesn't matter because Thor alone is stronger than him via ring feat and we know how strong he is compared to Thanos.You think Thanos hasn't fought people smaller than him?But he is not,just look at Doomsday he can react to Superman.His armor tanked Stormbreaker.You are making sound like Thanos is a dumbass with no training,Aquaman has lost against people who are weaker than Thanos.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By skywalker95

Thanos stomps. This is spite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: agreed spite thread he could take on any of the JL without much effort imo except for Superman