Aquaman (DCEU) vs Endgame Thanos (MCU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TheGerudoKing

@sexybayonetta22: he'd destroy Arthur before that happens. Arthur is pretty weak overall. Barely Diana level.

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: Arthur struggled against Black Manta. He gets stepped on by Thanos.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: but Manta lost to Arthur. If he loses to Arthur then he gets fodderized by Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If thanos bathes in iron mans missile barrage. Black manta’s rays would be nothing hotter than the sun hitting someone’s face on a hot day

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos destroys

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos one shots. Someone lock this mismatch

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 death4bunnies  Moderator

@mattyboi said:

Thanos one shots. Someone lock this mismatch

100% agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexybayonetta22: by the time that even becomes an issues Thanos will have already impaled Arthur with his own trident.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegerudoking: exvuse me to me lifting submarine casually overcoming water resistance forces is more impressive than pulling rings with rocket ship help and machine automatic force in pure deep space where u have decreased gravitational forces

TheGerudoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexybayonetta22: where was all that submarine lifting strength when he fought Black Manta? It's almost like he's just street level when on land. Thanos turns him into fish sticks.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Thanos serves him up with a lemon

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is hilarious.

Thanos would beat the piss out of Arthur. Come on.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos one shots.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The fact that this is 4 pages and not locked just shows how ridiculous DCEU fanboys are.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Aquaman is confirmed high tier team buster on here

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe: Thanos took a building, flying ship, and missile barrage to the face. He would tank a grenade launcher with no damage. He is more durable than Aquaman.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: Captain Marvel has better feats than Aquaman’s submarine feat and Thanos was able to fight with her and even managed to throw her away.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe: Thanos took a building, flying ship, and missile barrage to the face. He would tank a grenade launcher with no damage. He is more durable than Aquaman.

He blocked all of them with the power of the stones. He didn't tank any of those.

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos one shot

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe: Wrong. He didn't use the powerstone at all for the ship (caught off guard) or missiles (he had something stopping him from closing his hand).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And for the other feat he really didn't have time to completely block it yet.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos snaps the Trident, then beats him to a pulp.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: thanos has the best durability out of anyone 2 snaps and he still survives

DC fanboys will always make up some stuff up to try and downplay any of his feats

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The fact that a less than peakhuman Tony can temporarily survive the snap means that it's not that big a deal. It hurt hulk sure but that was the weakest MCU Hulk has ever been.

The fact that Aquaman can take a hit from Superman and the miles long sea monster proves that he can hold up to Thano's attacks. Also he took kept up with the faster Steppenwolf and took multiple hits from him as well. I don't see why Arthur couldn't hang on long enough to stab Thanos to death. All he has to do is go for the head.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that a less than peakhuman Tony can temporarily survive the snap means that it's not that big a deal. It hurt hulk sure but that was the weakest MCU Hulk has ever been.

The fact that Aquaman can take a hit from Superman and the miles long sea monster proves that he can hold up to Thano's attacks. Also he took kept up with the faster Steppenwolf and took multiple hits from him as well. I don't see why Arthur couldn't hang on long enough to stab Thanos to death. All he has to do is go for the head.

Tony surviving the snap is likely PIS so his loved ones would get a chance to say Goodbye. It could also be that we know Tony's suit can absorb energy so perhaps Tony's suit absorbed what energy it could to power up his armor like what Thor's lightning has done in the past (all though the gems obviously being a much more powerful source of energy). It left hulk permanently damaged despite the fact that banner said he was made for the snap since the energy was mostly gamma. Which seems to suggest hulk would be especially resistant. Yet Thanos was able to perform the snap twice and after 2 snaps his arm was still in better shape than hulk's arm.

Superman was pretty much toying with the league in that fight. Batman also took a hit from superman but its not really a big deal. If we scale Thanos from Thor's ring feat he probably is stronger than the karathan as well, plus he is using a balded weapon. We saw atlantean steal from black manta can cut Arthur so thanos with his bladed weapon should get the job done. Going for the head isn't going to be easy. Thanos is fast and skilled enough to counter attacks from cap, iron man and thor at the same time:

No Caption Provided

Thanos armor was also able to deflect a strike from stormbreaker which can pierce thanos flesh. So its not exactly easy for Aquaman to even damage thanos. Aquaman also lacks the strength feats to meet Thanos blade head on. This isn't even getting into Aquaman's low showings in his solo movie which do exist. He was very inconsistent.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#181 morpheus_  Moderator

Thanos brings a rocket launcher and Aquabro passes out.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins the majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The fact that a less than peakhuman Tony can temporarily survive the snap means that it's not that big a deal. It hurt hulk sure but that was the weakest MCU Hulk has ever been.

tony snapped thanos’ forces. Not half the universe. so this doesn’t have anything to do with thanos and hulk snapping

and hulk had his best lifting strength feat this movie, there’s nothing to suggest he was weaker. He didn’t even fight anyone

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The fact that a less than peakhuman Tony can temporarily survive the snap means that it's not that big a deal. It hurt hulk sure but that was the weakest MCU Hulk has ever been.

tony snapped thanos’ forces. Not half the universe. so this doesn’t have anything to do with thanos and hulk snapping

and hulk had his best lifting strength feat this movie, there’s nothing to suggest he was weaker. He didn’t even fight anyone

Good point about Tony. Regarding hulk's lifting feat is it really his best feat? I'd think the space whale would be heavier. I know that was more striking power but I feel like his lifting strength should be higher.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I mean, I’ve seen people lowball hulk by saying his best feat is catching a tank. I honestly don’t know the weight of either the leviathan or the avengers hq, but considering he was also injured from the snap, I would say at the very least he’s not any weaker than other movies

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I mean, I’ve seen people lowball hulk by saying his best feat is catching a tank. I honestly don’t know the weight of either the leviathan or the avengers hq, but considering he was also injured from the snap, I would say at the very least he’s not any weaker than other movies

That's possible. Going by Tony's statement the feat of the snap would be kind of insane as a durability feat.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this is spite. Diana and Arthur together likely would fall let alone aurthur alone lol Jesus

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos beats the hell out of him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, but I find it odd you would mention Aquaman's inconsistency while using Thor's ring feat to scale when that's such an outlier. Being an outlier is why I don't give much credibility to Aquaman's sub feat so I wouldn't accept it coming from the other side as a valid argument. with the rings. It's not like it's consistent with Thor in any other appearance he has in the MCU.

Well I was mostly debating under the pretense of using high-end feats.

Plus while I can see why you think Thor's feat in infinity war is an outlier I don't think its as inconsistent as Aquaman's high end feats. Thor doesn't really have any low showings when it comes to strength to my knowledge. The main reason I can see Thor's feat as an outlier is because of Professor hulk's showing in End Game with Tony's house however it can be argued Professor hulk is weaker than regular hulk or that hulk was weakened from the snap so it is possible that might not even really apply to Thor.

As I said I can see why one would think the ring feat is a bit of an outlier. So I wont debate this.

Tony surviving the snap as long as he did was obviously PIS. There's no indication his armor absorbed anything there.

I agree. I just suggested the absorption thing as an alternative since some people hate using the term PIS.

We also saw Atlantean armor deflect Steppenwolf's axe. I have no doubt Thanos can cut Aquaman's flesh but the armor argument works both ways. I believe Aquaman's trident can pierce Thanos flesh because it was made of Poseidon's steel and shown better than the best Atlantean steel (Orm's trident). The color of Aquaman's armor seems to indicate it's also made from Poseidon's steel.

I don't think it can pierce Thanos. Its best feat is piercing steppenwolf's chain mail but I think thanos is more durable in general. As for Aruthur's armor Steppenwolf's axe was pretty inconsistent. There were times where it operated as a blunt instrument. The Russos also suggested in an interview that Thanos weapon could be made out of a special metal greater than vibranium. They said:

"Clearly Thanos is a thousand-year-old character who has fought everyone in the universe and is the greatest: He's the Genghis Khan of the universe, so he would have the greatest weapon,"

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-thanos-double-bladed-weapon-sword-origin-metal/

Given that Atlantean steel > surface materials and Poseidon's steel > Atlantean steel we have a basis to use Iron Man's armors to scale Aquaman's armor and weapons above Iron Man's armor durability. We can see Thanos impact on Iron Man's armor, as well as other Avengers at other times. More importantly, what it resists.

Well if your talking about in the gif I posted it looks like he hit iron man with the side of his blade rather than the edge. We know Thanos with that blade smashed through vibranium which is something Thor with mjolnir can't scratch. Vibranium itself is above any known metal alloy on earth.

I would also put out there that Orm is an 8th dan, and 5 time winner of such and such, and his father's trident was undefeated. Aquaman did well enough his first encounter with Orm and defeated him his second encounter, so there is an argument for skill feats that we don't see from Thanos.

Thanos is a 1000 year old war lord who has been described by the Russos as being a more polished fighter than the likes of Thor and Loki. They've even described him as unbeatable albeit that could be due to his stats in combination with his skill. Thor and Loki both have some decent feats of skill so Thanos being better than them should mean something.

"He’s not using it. This is to show that Thanos, the Genghis Khan of the Marvel Universe, he’s unbeatable in a 1-on-1 battle. He’s conquered thousands of worlds. He’s a much more polished fighter than the Hulk, and Thor, and Loki."

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joe-russo-admits-thanos-didnt-need-an-infinity-stone-to-defeat-the-hulk-avengers/

Another good skill feat could be thanos fight with captain marvel depending on if you think she was absorbing the gauntlet when she no sold his headbutt. If you don't think she was absorbing the gauntlet than that would mean thanos briefly fought someone who was a lot faster and stronger than him since she was able to bull rush him before he could snap his fingers as well. Yet when they fought H2H he dodged her punch and threw her aside using her own momentum. Also while I haven't seen captain marvel's movie I know she does have some form of training:

No Caption Provided

This could be a good showing of thanos countering someone who had a massive physical advantage on him through skill. I also already showed Thanos countering/blocking attacks from Thor, iron man, and cap at the same time all of whom are very skilled in there own right. We've also seen him striking vitals against the hulk, and out perfomring Thor in terms of the number of hits he lands and dodges against the hulk once he regains his composure from hulk's cheap shot (which I think proves definitely Thanos is a better fighter than Thor since Thor never really went untouched against hulk despite it being easier for Thor to use his agility to maneuver around hulk):

Loading Video...

Aquaman is very skilled but I think if he has an advantage in skill its probably negligible. Orm being a champion fighter was pretty good but Aquaman could only beat him when Orm was out of his element. Thanos is actually quite skilled as far as power houses go.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would make Arthur look stupid.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

Off the top of my head, Thor couldn't break out of Loki's cell on the heli-carrier while Loki killed Colson. He only cracked the polymer. He didn't manage to escape until the cell had almost fallen to the ground. That's a far cry from what he should have been able to do given the star forge rings.

IIRC wasn't that cell built to contain the hulk? Also according to the script of the avengers Thor apparently shook the entire hellicarrier with that strike. So its actually a pretty good feat for Thor.

No Caption Provided

Hell, he was bleeding from in Dark World, just like Hulk was bleeding from a helicopter crashing into him in his own solo movie. People on the vine tend to go for the high feats and lowball other characters while forgetting their own favorite characters typically have their own low showings.

I never saw the dark world so no comment on this. This is the first I've heard of this showing.

Mjolnir is also blunt so scratching vibranium is less likely than a slashing type of weapon. What are vibranium's best durability feats?

Probably taking the hit from Thor in the forest.

Captain Marvel has military training from Earth and advanced military training from time among the Kree. She doesn't have the resume Ocean Master does, and Aquaman was doing well enough against Orm even in the water for some time.

Well my main point was Carol is a stat beast compared to Thanos. She was arguably strong enough to no sell his attacks depending on if you think she was absorbing energy from the gauntlet during that one scene. And she also bull rushed thanos faster than he could snap his fingers. That is the main reason I consider Thanos showing against Carol to be impressive. Its a showing of him using skill against someone who is physically superior (possibly).

Admittedly I am not sure if Carol is stronger or if she was absorbing energy from the gauntlet. I also never saw her solo movie.

I agree the skill difference isn't enough to change the outcome. I was just looking at this thread and it looks like several posters were severely understating Aquaman's ability here. The only reason I chose to respond to your post was because it looked thought out and you tend to be reasonable when we disagree.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

It was the cell that was meant to contain the Hulk. The movie didn't demonstrate the heli-carrier shaking. It showed the cell rattle in the chamber. The entire heli-carrier shaking should have set off alarms and brought ppl running. If that was in the script I'm not sure it made it to the end cut. Also, it looked like the cell didn't survive the fall, as well as Thor looking worried about that same fall.

Its possible that is what they meant to show but the editors edited the scene poorly. There was kind of an invasion going on so its not surprising people didn't run because there were more pressing matters.

Using Mjolnir as the best feat for vibranium after mentioning Mjolnir didn't scratch vibranium is hard to evaluate. That's an argument that started with vibranium being extremely durable because Mjolnir didn't scratch it and then Mjolnir not scratching it being the best feat to prove it's durability. Cap's shield feats, Black Panther's suit durability feats, Vision's body, Ultron's body. What they have tanked demonstrated vibranium durability.

We know that vibranium body armor is bullet proof and claws can cut metal as shown with Black Panther. That doesn't demonstrate enough. We know Cap's shield could block bullets and plasma, cut into metal, and cut Spiderman's webbing. Vision lacks much for feats. Ultron took repulsor blasts and lightning which gets a bit better. Early Scarlet Witch was able to tear his core out while he was weakened. The arguments start to seem to become circular scaling after a while without solid feats. Given that Thor struggled with the glass in the cell how much more durable is vibranium than that cell at this point, really?

The whole reason I brought up mjolnir was as a feat for vibranium.Just look at the damage the shockwaves alone create as a reuslt of the shield. In the latter gif the shockwave destroys a tank meaning the actual hit would be way stronger. The hit in the first gif looks like it was swung with greater force IMO:

As for not breaking the glass its clearly not normal glass if they thought it could contain the hulk.

The comments on Captain Marvel being physically superior don't match up with his showing in Endgame against everyone at the end. Although it would beg the question about her being more powerful that I think or is he less powerful than other people think? She certainly has some travel speed but she didn't match him in physical power. Thanos performance in that battle is a good demonstration why Aquaman isn't taking this. If she was that powerful that fight should have gone much more easily.

Why doesn't it match up? Thanos used the power gem to take her down.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

It's not normal glass, no, but it doesn't seem much weaker than vibranium. Hulk dented vibranium per SHIELD and Thor struggled with the glass. That leads me to believe vibranium isn't as unbreakable as people think as opposed to believing people are creating substances near the durability of what sone consider vibranium to be.

Hulk denting vibranium was based on a comment made on agents of shield which is basically secondary canon to the movies at this point. I know a number of AOS fans were upset about what happened in captain marvel with Colson because it contradicted the lore and there currently ignoring the snap despite the fact that they referenced thanos attack in the last season. I take that statement with a serious grain of salt.

As for vibrnaium being unbreakable its not but its still a power metal. Taking the hits it took from Thor is an amazing feat for the shield and Thanos smashed through it. Thor also augments the power of his strikes with lightning as well unlike Thanos. So Thanos would have to be a lot stronger than Thor to do that. At least in striking power. I don't think atlantean steal has feats of taking a hit where the shock wave of the blow destroys a tank. Best feat for atlantean steel is cutting atlanteans which regular steel couldn't do. Impressive but I think vibranium has it beat.

As for Captain Marvel, she never gave me the impression she was that powerful, physically.

Strength let her redirect a giant missile and striking power no-sold alien space ship hulls. Impressive enough but I have a hard time believing she's so much better than Hulk or Thor that she's a beast for Thanos.

If she were, she should have had little trouble when the gauntlet wasn't in his possession. That one scene with the headbutt doesn't make anymore sense than Captain America holding Thanos hand back in Infinity War. The earlier scene where she came in fast, got a couple shots in, and he knocked her away makes much more sense.

Well as I said I have my doubts as well. As for the captain america scene the Russos confirmed recently that Thanos wasn't trying and he was just shocked that Steve had the balls to stand before him basically.

https://screenrant.com/how-captain-america-hold-thanos-gauntlet/

Thanos was basically just so dumbfounded by Steve's courage it stunned him. At least according to the Russos.

I'm inclined to believe she was siphoning energy from the stones as the only reasonable explanation.

That's fair.