Aquaman (DCEU) vs Endgame Thanos (MCU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra:

What reason do you have to think that hulk wasn’t as strong as he was in previous movies??

Because he lost to Thanos?

Can you explain why that’s a antifeat for hulk and not a feat for Thanos.

You again completely ignored the fact that the directors and writers said Thanos beat hulk because he was stronger and more skilled.

#102 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial:

Show me a better speed feat than Thanos; on land.

Or a skill feat.

I do believe aquaman might be marginally faster (via scaling) than Thanos, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is more skilled.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#103 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1897 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what Thanos does to Aquaman:

No Caption Provided

in the water?

Hell no, Thanos gets clapped easily.

On land Thanos does that

#104 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11895 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11895 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#106 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1897 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: oops

Thanos wins unless Arthur gets him in the water. But it is not a stomp.

#107 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#108 Posted by killers10333 (3442 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos drowns aquaman

#109 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#110 Posted by Darkthunder (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#111 Posted by eri123 (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps

#112 Posted by LuminousHydra (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:Yes jobbing does reduce durability. thats the definition of jobbing lol

actually cap did pretty close. Thanos hit ironman like at least half a dozen times, cap hit him, let's say 60 times. This means Thanos is about 10x as strong as cap. So Im proven correct, he's not much stronger. Stop being an mcu fanboy

@death4bunnies: No. He's not as strong because he isn't hitting enemies back as far as he would have done in previous movies. dont twist my words lol

#113 Posted by The_Red_Devil (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos destroys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
#114 Posted by deactivated-5d0b495e7009f (1844 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11895 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: What?! Jobbing doesn’t reduce durability, it reduces combat effectiveness. You know what I can’t even take you seriously.

#116 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra:

Striking force, doesn’t always equate to object movement. How far you hit something is actually a very poor measurement of striking force. Especially considering most of the strikes hulk hit Thanos with we’re directed at a downward angle.

Right after Loki said “we have a hulk”; Hulk rolled thanos. ‘Knocked him back and clear off his feet. Then Thanos got the upper hand through pure strength.

Your still completely ignoring the directors statements that Thanos overpower hulk, and that is how they wanted to show how ridiculously strong Thanos is.

#117 Posted by LuminousHydra (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:Saying im ridiculous doesnt strengthen your argument. If a character can usually tank a building falling on top of him, but gets ko'ed by a grenade launcher, it is jobbing. in the hulk argument, he is getting beaten by much less force than he normally soaks

@death4bunnies: except it is. it's literally physics, learn some. The more force you hit an object, the further you will send it moving. Hulk hit the hulkbuster with more force than he did with thanos, or else Thanos would have gone flying the same way the Hulkbuster had. Rolling isn't impressive. Ironman knocked him back several meters, the same ironman that bucky was able to hold back several meters. The same bucky that arm was caught casually by spidey.
Stop saying Thanos got the upper hand on IW hulk as if that means anything lmao. Hulk was jobbing, plain and simple.

I'm ignoring nonsense. It doesn't matter what the directors say, it matters what is shown on screen.

#118 Edited by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra:

First of all it wasn’t the “same Ironman” it was a completely different armor than used in civil war.

Ok now to the physics. Did you see how Thanos was braced? Do you think maybe the power and strength of what your hitting has an impact on how far you send it flying.

Secondly I said it was a poor way to measure the power of the hit, especially when you completely ignore the trajectory at which the punch was thrown. I.e downward gorilla like blows won’t send an object flying as far as a horizontal blow.

I guess trajectory (that I brought up in previous posts) is also nonsense for you to ignore, you know, because it cuts against your conformation bias.

#119 Posted by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Thanos is more durable than the hulkbuster armour, Thanos took a building to the head, beat 7 superheroes at once, destroyed thor and Hulk within 5 minutes (albeit Thor's was before the movie started) he tanked nebulas ship crashing into him at high speed (Cap would get knocked out by that i'm fairly sure) then he ploughed through the rest of the Avengers on wakanda

#120 Posted by Mrnoital (8240 posts) - - Show Bio

base Thanos is questionable, he took out Hulk while hulk was jobbing, they couldn't even break through a wall during their fight

Tonys new suit was getting whooped by Cull, but was giving a great fight to Thanos with a few stones

and Cull seemed like as much a threat to Spiderman as Bucky was, along with Thanos being unable overpower cap its all very questionable

#121 Posted by MetalJimmor (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

People are severely underestimating how much more dangerous Arthur with his trident is to Thanos than Hulk was. Hulk may be clearly stronger by a large margin but he's not as fast, not nearly as skilled, and he isn't holding a weapon that could potentially one shot. Thanos won't be able to go in and completely manhandle Arthur in the same way because he doesn't have the enormous skill advantage needed to casually bypass the trident.

People seem to forget that this is kind of Aquaman's thing. He punches way above his normal weight class because he brings actual deadly weapons to a fist fight.

#122 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCEU fanboys are hilarious 😂. OT:Thanos wrecks no-diff.

Another decisive win for team MCU

#123 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11895 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra:

First of all it wasn’t the “same Ironman” it was a completely different armor than used in civil war.

Ok now to the physics. Did you see how Thanos was braced? Do you think maybe the power and strength of what your hitting has an impact on how far you send it flying.

Secondly I said it was a poor way to measure the power of the hit, especially when you completely ignore the trajectory at which the punch was thrown. I.e downward gorilla like blows won’t send an object flying as far as a horizontal blow.

I guess trajectory (that I brought up in previous posts) is also nonsense for you to ignore, you know, because it cuts against your conformation bias.

I'm not motivated enough to respond with my own argument so I'm just going with this.

#124 Posted by LuminousHydra (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:The downward blows then should send him into the ground.

So Thanos can brace now? Nonsense. Captain America was staggering his face with his blows, so was nebula and Spidey. If they could, then Thanos isn't very good at bracing, therefore Hulk was jobbing

@extreme_pickle: power stone and thor was jobbing too

#125 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra:

The downward blows should send him into the ground?? You mean unless he has strong legs??

Why couldn’t Thanos brace? I can brace for a punch or a push.

You can twist your self into knots trying to pretend Thanos isn’t at least Hulk level strength or above; but by the directors statements, in universe, and based on the fight hulk and thanos had (that included a arm wrestle); thanos is clearly on that level of strength.

All you’ve provided was some headcannon that how much a character moves is a reliable way to scale how much they’re damaged.

Thanos 100% tanked everything thrown at him minus stormbreaker, to act like Captain America had any effect on Thanos is BS and I think you know it.

#126 Posted by LuminousHydra (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Even if you had strong legs, a blow that would send an object of your mass 10 meters away will still do the same thing, maybe 9 meters if you're really good at keeping your ground lol.

i just told you why thanos couldn't brace. if he could brace well then why was spidey and cap able to move him? but suddenly hulk is barely able to move him? Answer: inconsistency because he's fighting a jobbing hulk.

if you wanna fanboy and highball thanos then sure lol. but don't pretend that he is wayy higher than cap, let alone hulk level. avengers hulk would crush this thanos with ease

#127 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Being polite to aquabra I would say IF he somehow got things into the ocean and if he fought smart using environment he may pull a win. Thanos totally outclasses him in skill, strength and durability.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#128 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did this strange idea that the Hulk was jobbing come from?

There is no evidence for it. And for the record - it was THANOS that was jobbing later in the movie when he fought spiderman, etc. At any time he could have just turned them to bubbles, why? He fighting them all mainly just to test doctor strange and get him to use his time stone. Thanos massively jobbed in that fight.

But you use that inconsistent fight to say that must mean HULK was jobbing earlier...

Yeah, I don't think you know how this works.

#129 Edited by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: Power stone helped him get out, he took the building to the head

#130 Posted by GoodAfternoon (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomp.

#131 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets the Captain America treatment

#132 Posted by Namebk (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wrecks.

#133 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beats him into a tilapia filet

#134 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Aquaman wanked thanos stomp he could beat hulk in base by not necessary use gem.

#135 Posted by eri123 (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps especially after the leaks.

#136 Posted by nightgate (1363 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#137 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#138 Posted by RandomGuy287 (2088 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Edited by Monitorhammer (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Still thanos >>>> hulk >>>> wonder woman >>> aquaman.

#140 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

OP pictured thanos mega stomps

Melts the trident and makes a chain

#141 Posted by Magneto1995 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

On land Thanos would win in a tough fight, Aquaman has physicals on par with Thor but he's less versatile. He's quicker than thor though so I think he'd last longer than thor did in Endgame.

In water Aquaman would win.

#142 Edited by arqe (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman doesn't lose automatically on land. In fact if you saw the movie, he took Orm to the surface to beat him. He still is not perfect under water like Orm. He still is better on land.

And in that picture he uses Atlan's Trident. Which is made by Poseidon steel from Olympos. Weapon of Gods.

Base Thanos took hits from street levelers that clearly shown they all affected him. Aquaman took a grenade launcher to the face from couple of meters and said "ouch" and thats it. This is before he got his godly equipment.

Aquaman wins and probably easily.

Steppenwolf is also more durable than Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
#143 Posted by deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

Still thanos >>>> hulk >>>> wonder woman >>> aquaman.

Blah blah blah openthedoor

#144 Posted by Monitorhammer (81 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@monitorhammer: Too bad Steppenwolf is stronger than Thanos by a large margin.

Aquaman wins. By feats he could probably stomp, his submarine feat trumps anything shown by Thanos. Also who started the lie that Aquaman is somehow weaker on land? Lol!

#146 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29644 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wrecks.

#147 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos bodies him. Effortlessly.

#148 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

Fishboy doesn't have a prayer in this fight, even in the water. This is just a dumb thread and anyone arguing for Arthur is a confirmed fantwink.

Another decisive win for team MCU.

#149 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Thanos should win doesn’t mean he does

If Cap can fight Thanos Arthur fodderizes

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
#150 Posted by deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegerudoking: in water 😂 ?! LMAO ! Thanos would drown to death in water after minutes