Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Stormcell

@PrinceIMC: 

1) Her winds will not blow away her weather cover as the weather  would be constantly generating the cover. She could use snow instead of fog and combine that with her enormous winds.  She has used this tactic before. I believe in Uncanny 167, for instance, she fought the Brood in the form of Xavier. She hit it with a multiple attack: fog and snow to blind it, winds to move it where she wanted it to go, and cold to freeze it. Poccy can probably locate people telepathically if he can't locate them visually. Storm can shield herself from being detected telepathically.

2) In regards to the endurance factor you brought up, its a very good argument, but Storm is a special case. In Ororo's case, there are numerous instances in canon where she creates a storm and that storm continues even when she doesn't pay attention to it. As a matter of fact, in her battle with Proteus, he knocked her unconscious after she created a storm and the storm kept raging even after she was unconscious. It continued until it ran out of energy. Therefore, she's not going to tire out.  Those winds are going to be blowing constantly and it would not require any effort on her part for them to maintain there barrage against Apocalypse.

3) From what I understand about Apocalypse, he is a mutant who just aquired celestial technology and uses it to boost his powers or something. That would make his brain organic. Even if it were only partially organic, playing with pressure around the brain would case some major problems for him. I am not using Storm's tactic of being able to snatch the air out of his lungs as he may be able to survive indefinately without air owing to the technology he's in possession of. However, he does need his brain no matter what. If Storm increases the pressure in his skull around his brain, she could do a tremendous amount of damage. Shape-shifting isn't going to stop this as she will always know where his brain is located. She can percieve the universe as patterns of energy and forces: http://img63.imageshack.us/i/energyworld24lq.jpg/   
http://img122.imageshack.us/i/energyworld42xc.jpg/ 
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spacelightning6jz.jpg

So given this ability, even if Poccy were to go underground, she would still be able to locate him as she would be able to see through the dirt, rock and stone that would be hidiing him. Given that her winds can scour the surface of the world to its bedrock and given that her winds can also punch objects through mountains, even if he were to tunnel underground, she could punch through the earth to get to him. Also, if she knows where he is, she will always be able to manipulate the pressure inside of his body. She's been down in the Morlock tunnels before and was able to control the elements topside of the ground. Therefore, if she's in the air, she should be able to control the elements underground since the earth does not present a barrier against her power. So she can always get to the pressure inside of Poccy's body.

4) Storm overloading Poccy would be a gamble on her part. Can she or can't she? Who knows? She would obviously have to do it in one shot otherwise Poccy could simply channel the energy out of him to avoid the energy build up. She's overloaded Sebastien Shaw with a single bolt of lightning and she's overloaded Polaris with lightning as well. Granted, I think it would take more power to overload Apocalypse, she may be able to do it. I believe that Cyclops has done this before. If he has, then Storm could definitely do it as she wields much more energy than Cyclops.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Stormcell
@Edamame said:
"@Stormcell: I already stated that Cyclops needed Phoenix's and Cable's help to overload and kill Apocalypse.  Moot point.  And how can Storm hurt Apocalypse when he grows to a size much larger than the the Empire State Building? Apocalypse is also a powerful telekinetic, meaning that he can re-direct most of Storm's attacks or protect himself in a telekinetic force field.  Storm could hurt Apocalypse through lightning because metal conducts electricity and that might prove a vulnerability.  You also forget that Apocalypse has a healing factor. "

1) Storm was able to toss Termimus around with her winds, so she can toss Poccy as well. 
2) A hurricane generates enough power to energy supply civilization for the entire planet. Storm can focus the full electrical power of a storm into a single bolt of lightning.  
3) Poccy has nowhere near enough TK power to redirect Storm's attacks. Besides, how is a telekinetic going to redirect wind, cold, etc? Storm controls lightning down to the sub-atomic level, there is no way a TK can redirect lightning against her will. Sorry. 
4) In regards to Poccy's force-field, what has it withstood? I seriously doubt it can withstand what Ororo can dish out. Even if it can withstand Storm's elemental barrage initially, he's not going to be able to maintain it forever as he will eventually tire for the continuous power use. That said, Storm has used her powers through Jean's TK force-field so there is no reason she can't control the environment inside of Poccy's shield.  
5) While Poccy does have a healing factor, Storm's elemental assaults are going to be constantly damaging him.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Stormcell said:
"

@PrinceIMC: 

1) Her winds will not blow away her weather cover as the weather  would be constantly generating the cover. She could use snow instead of fog and combine that with her enormous winds.  She has used this tactic before. I believe in Uncanny 167, for instance, she fought the Brood in the form of Xavier. She hit it with a multiple attack: fog and snow to blind it, winds to move it where she wanted it to go, and cold to freeze it. Poccy can probably locate people telepathically if he can't locate them visually. Storm can shield herself from being detected telepathically.

2) In regards to the endurance factor you brought up, its a very good argument, but Storm is a special case. In Ororo's case, there are numerous instances in canon where she creates a storm and that storm continues even when she doesn't pay attention to it. As a matter of fact, in her battle with Proteus, he knocked her unconscious after she created a storm and the storm kept raging even after she was unconscious. It continued until it ran out of energy. Therefore, she's not going to tire out.  Those winds are going to be blowing constantly and it would not require any effort on her part for them to maintain there barrage against Apocalypse.

3) From what I understand about Apocalypse, he is a mutant who just aquired celestial technology and uses it to boost his powers or something. That would make his brain organic. Even if it were only partially organic, playing with pressure around the brain would case some major problems for him. I am not using Storm's tactic of being able to snatch the air out of his lungs as he may be able to survive indefinately without air owing to the technology he's in possession of. However, he does need his brain no matter what. If Storm increases the pressure in his skull around his brain, she could do a tremendous amount of damage. Shape-shifting isn't going to stop this as she will always know where his brain is located. She can percieve the universe as patterns of energy and forces: http://img63.imageshack.us/i/energyworld24lq.jpg/   
http://img122.imageshack.us/i/energyworld42xc.jpg/ 
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spacelightning6jz.jpg

So given this ability, even if Poccy were to go underground, she would still be able to locate him as she would be able to see through the dirt, rock and stone that would be hidiing him. Given that her winds can scour the surface of the world to its bedrock and given that her winds can also punch objects through mountains, even if he were to tunnel underground, she could punch through the earth to get to him. Also, if she knows where he is, she will always be able to manipulate the pressure inside of his body. She's been down in the Morlock tunnels before and was able to control the elements topside of the ground. Therefore, if she's in the air, she should be able to control the elements underground since the earth does not present a barrier against her power. So she can always get to the pressure inside of Poccy's body.

4) Storm overloading Poccy would be a gamble on her part. Can she or can't she? Who knows? She would obviously have to do it in one shot otherwise Poccy could simply channel the energy out of him to avoid the energy build up. She's overloaded Sebastien Shaw with a single bolt of lightning and she's overloaded Polaris with lightning as well. Granted, I think it would take more power to overload Apocalypse, she may be able to do it. I believe that Cyclops has done this before. If he has, then Storm could definitely do it as she wields much more energy than Cyclops.

"

1. I didn't say telepathy. He's got more than just vision and his technology can likely see through snow and any other weather effects. 

2. If Storm isn't actively controlling the storm sure it will continue but it won't continue to focus on Apocalypse. It'll just be a big out of control storm while he strolls through it unharmed. Trying to focus all the wind and lightning on one opponent will tire her out while Apoc keeps taking it. 

3. He's techno-organic. That's how he shapeshifts. Cable went into the past and tried to kill Apocalypse centuries ago, he thought he killed him but turns out he became infected with Cable's T-O virus which made him even stronger. The T-O virus is what allowed him to understand and control the Celestial Ship. He can control every molecule of his body and shapeshift to solid, technological and even fluid forms. His brain isn't organic (If it isn't just decentralized to his whole body) so she's not doing anything to affect his mind. 

I didn't imply that Apoc would be hiding underground, he'd use it as a momentary defense against her winds (which he wouldn't really need anyway) and use it offensively against her. Even if she can affect underground weather while she's in the air (which is different from affecting the atmosphere while she's underground) like I said he's a shapeshifter made up of techno-organic matter and Celestial Technology. He doesn't really have an 'inside of the body' he can shift his insides around however he wants and there isn't any air inside him so there's no effect there. People keep coming up with these kinda things Storm should be able to do then how come she doesn't ever do this in the comics? 

4. Polaris and Sebastian Shaw are mortal mutants. Apocalypse is so very much more.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By Static Shock

I know I shouldn't be in this thread, but people need to stop using the Galactic Core nonsense. Sure, it's a valid feat, but only in the bearings of space. On Earth, she is unable to harness that energy.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By rbysjti

Again, Storm doesn't need to see Apocalypse to strike him with lightning or anything Storm wields and controls. . If Apocalypse goes bigger, the easier and the more vulnerable Apocalypse becomes. Sharp objects being hurled by her powerful winds will stab Apocalypse. Apocalypse's eyes will be a good target to start with. Storm is very powerful so surely, she can overload Apocalypse.
chewbaccazm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By chewbaccazm

Apocalypse all the way. he'll K.O. her if not kill her 

SHE WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER WILL AGENST  APOCALYPSE ALONE EVER s o stop trying
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#161  Edited By Zoom
@rbysjti said:
"I'd say Storm wins here. Apocalypse is partly robot so an EMP can hurt. Apocalypse may be more likely to win against magneto but Storm would actually have a harder time fighting Magneto . Anyhow, I don't see Apocalypse dodging Storm's attacks. A cannonade of lightning will do, but start it first with powerful wind bursts. "

lol @ Apocalypse being part robot. 

Apocalypse isn't robot at all and all his tech is from the celestials, far beyond an EMP.
Avatar image for spidermanprimez
SpidermanPrimeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By SpidermanPrimeZ
@Edamame said:
" @Zoom: LMAO.  "

What's so ridiculous about that?
SpidermanPrimeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By SpidermanPrimeZ
@Edamame said:
" @SpidermanPrimeZ: Excuse me? "

Well you LMAO'd at his argument, which means you must disagree strongly with it.
SpidermanPrimeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SpidermanPrimeZ
@Edamame said:
" @SpidermanPrimeZ: No. "

Then why do it?
SpidermanPrimeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SpidermanPrimeZ
@Edamame said:

" @SpidermanPrimeZ: Do you know what I was laughing about? Don't make such assumptions.  Not everything is obvious.  "

I arrive on the thread. 
I go to the last page to see the current arguments. 
I see a perfectly valid argument. 
I see someone laughing at it. 
I ask why they are laughing, thinking (as everything so far would show) they are opposing the argument.
Then they give me a self-righteous explanation of why I was wrong to question. 

Ok, so I may not have read previous posts, but that was what it looked like. Just tell me what it was you were laughing about to clear things up instead of being so obscure in future.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By D3athstroke

Apocalypse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Storm

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#172  Edited By Zoom

He was laughing at what I pointed out, that rybistormfanboy thinks Apocalypse is a robot. 

Chill out, gentlemen.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By D3athstroke
  1. Apocalypse wins 
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Goenitz

Wins here
Avatar image for marvelhexqueensw
MarvelHexQueenSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its a long shot but i can see her (storm)getting pissed and going all out on him no telling what the weather will be like but then again apocalypse is known to be a wild card with all his knowledge in tech and more.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By xmenfallen

storm can do some damage but APOCALYPSE wins here

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By rbysjti
@MarvelHexQueenSw said:
" Its a long shot but i can see her (storm)getting pissed and going all out on him no telling what the weather will be like but then again apocalypse is known to be a wild card with all his knowledge in tech and more. "
well then, make Storm Roguestorm and Apocalypse would cease to exist.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Freefa11
@Morpheus_ said: 

Agreed, 100%. Those inconsistencies are why I go with Marvel's description that "his whisper can shutter mountains, and his full voice is the equivalent of a nuclear detonation". "
Even that is pretty inconsistent. I doubt a typical nuclear blast would come close to "shattering" a mountain.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182  Edited By InnerVenom123

Storm puts up an admirable fight..... for the .48 seconds she survives.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Edamame: I've read that comic. Technically, Venom saved the infant from falling into a river. I don't have an actual scan, sorry.  Wish I did. Lol.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#185  Edited By cascadeking09

I dont know much about him but I think Apoc wins.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Edamame: I forgot as well >_<
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#188  Edited By Magian

Although Storm will give a decent battle, I thinks Apocalypse wins.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Freefa11
@Edamame said:

" @Freefa11 said:

" @Morpheus_ said: 

Agreed, 100%. Those inconsistencies are why I go with Marvel's description that "his whisper can shutter mountains, and his full voice is the equivalent of a nuclear detonation". "
Even that is pretty inconsistent. I doubt a typical nuclear blast would come close to "shattering" a mountain. "
Why not? "
Well, off hand, from what I know the craters left behind by nukes aren't typically miles deep, which just suggests to me they have nowhere near enough penetrative power. 

A quick google search lead me to believe that Mt. Everest has a volume of about 365 cubic miles, and that stone has a density of about 125 lb/cubic foot (I haven't confirmed these numbers elsewhere though, so it might be off, but it sounds at least reasonable to me). Doing the math, this leads to Mt. Everest having a total weight of about 3.35 trillion tons. The largest nuke ever constructed (though not actually detonated) that I'm aware of was a russian project with an estimated yield of 100 megatons, or 100 million tons of TNT. 3.35 trillion is 33,500 times larger than 100 million. So the question becomes, can 1 ton of TNT "shatter" 33,500 tons of stone? No, I don't think it can. Not even close.
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#191  Edited By Chaos Burn
@Freefa11:  Your math....it...hurts :'(
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By FLCL1

storm loses
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By rbysjti

Storm wins here. Storm has been able to handle partly robot opponents with ease.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By rbysjti
@Edamame said:
" @rbysjti said:
" Storm has been able to handle partly robot opponents with ease. "
Apocalypse is not robotic in any way, shape or form. "
So how does he amplify himself with celestial technology?
Ransack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Ransack

Apocalypse Stomps
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By rbysjti
@Edamame said:

" @rbysjti: He permanently merged himself with the Celestial Technology and it is now an integral part of him.  Only the Celestials can take it away from him. "

is that metallic? or something else?