Apocalypse didn't react to quicksilver.

• 55 results
kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So many people love to use this idea of Fox Apocalypse reacting to quicksilver as a feat for other speedsters not being able to blitz him. But that isn't what actually happened. He was getting dominated and then he sped up his perception time to be able to track quicksilver. He doesn't start off anywhere near quicksilver level reactions. The only thing that saved Apoc was Quicksilver's piss poor striking abilities. So please stop using it as a game changer feat.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one gives a shit

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baph said:

no one gives a shit

Okay death2heretics.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kevd4wg  Online

But like wouldn't he have had to react to Quicksilver to speed up his perception

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: How did he realize that he was getting punched around then? Shouldn't there have been a reason for Apocalypse to speed up his perception time at that exact moment?

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: How did he realize that he was getting punched around then? Shouldn't there have been a reason for Apocalypse to speed up his perception time at that exact moment?

You don't need to see the person to realize you are being punched around, and quicksilver was giving him some pretty long breaks in between punches.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I think people already know this Franky

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread's title is the exact opposite of what happened on-screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top tier logic. Another quality thread

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kevd4wg  Online

@kalkent said:
@bladeoffury said:

You don't need to see the person to realize you are being punched around, and quicksilver was giving him some pretty long breaks in between punches.

Quicksilver was giving him long breaks from his perspective, but from that perspective Hypersonic characters would be frozen.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't react to him tho, he literally was getting mollywhopped until he sped up his perception view.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BladeOfFury

@kalkent said:
@bladeoffury said:

right, but you need to feel getting punched around. This theory just means that Apocalypse reacted to a touch stimulus instead of a visual stimulus.

This may seem unrelated, but what do you think of lightning in fiction? Is the default assumption that it travels as fast as regular lightning until proven otherwise, or is it slow until proven otherwise?

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

@king_majestros said:

He didn't react to him tho, he literally was getting mollywhopped until he sped up his perception view.

Except, Apocalypse reacted to him.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

@king_majestros said:

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kalkent

@bladeoffury said:

right, but you need to feel getting punched around.

This may seem unrelated, but what do you think of lightning in fiction? Is the default assumption that it travels as fast as regular lightning until proven otherwise, or is it slow until proven otherwise?

I mean he could feel the punches though, that's literally where the basis of AOE Attacks come from. By everyone's logic in this thread, Thor would never be able to tag Superman with an aoe attack, yet they constantly agree with him doing so. And I would think it travels as fast as regular lightning unless clearly shown otherwise.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kevd4wg  Online

@king_majestros said:

@kalkent said:

@king_majestros said:

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros said:

@kalkent said:

@king_majestros said:

Yea, getting punched what could have been hundreds of times if quicksilver was serious is reacting to him. Hell, there was even a literal noise and camera shots indicating apocalypse was speeding up his perception in the movie. And kev, you of all people? This would mean your precious thor would never tag superman.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@bladeoffury said:

right, but you need to feel getting punched around.

I mean he could feel the punches though, that's literally where the basis of AOE Attacks come from. By everyone's logic in this thread, Thor would never be able to tag Superman with an aoe attack, yet they constantly agree with him doing so. And I would think it travels as fast as regular lightning unless clearly shown otherwise.

uh? I don't see the relation between Thor tagging Clark with an AoE and Apocalypse reacting to a touch stimulus.

If you believe that's the case, Quicksilver making Storm's lightning look slow puts him in the hundreds of thousands of machs, putting Apocalypse's reaction at ridiculous levels.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh? I don't see the relation between Thor tagging Clark with an AoE and Apocalypse reacting to a touch stimulus.

If you believe that's the case, Quicksilver making Storm's lightning look slow puts him in the hundreds of thousands of machs, putting Apocalypse's reaction at ridiculous levels.

The argument for thor tagging Clark with an AOE is that he would feel himself getting blitzed and then respond with an AOE Attack. But according to everyone in this thread, you need to have the speed to react to it or else you wouldn't feel the punches, which thor would not according to this logic.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> didn't react

> Tracked him

Pick one.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: I'm starting to think that you need a Dictionary.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: I'm starting to think that you need a Dictionary.

Says the one that thinks something is an outlier despite having nothing contradicting it and has a statement backing it up...

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: I've never claimed anything was an outlier. That's something that you spouted and rolled with. Besides, this isn't about me, it's about you not knowing what "react" means.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: I've never claimed anything was an outlier. That's something that you spouted and rolled with. Besides, this isn't about me, it's about you not knowing what "react" means.

You literally called it a one time showing and said it wasn't consistent, that is the very definition of an outlier. Like I don't know how much more dense you can get.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@bladeoffury said:

The argument for thor tagging Clark with an AOE is that he would feel himself getting blitzed and then respond with an AOE Attack. But according to everyone in this thread, you need to have the speed to react to it or else you wouldn't feel the punches, which thor would not according to this logic.

of course you need to feel the punches to react to a blitz. I definitely wouldn't agree with that argument for Thor reacting to Clark. Reaction time from a touch stimulus is somewhat faster than that from a visual stimulus, but this difference is insignificant when the speed difference is especially large. FOX Quicksilver outclasses most characters in speed by such a massive amount, that even if we go with your theory and don't try to dispute it, Apocalypse would react to pretty much everyone he comes across.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course you need to feel the punches to react to a blitz. I definitely wouldn't agree with that argument for Thor reacting to Clark. Reaction time from a touch stimulus is somewhat faster than that from a visual stimulus, but this difference is insignificant when the speed difference is especially large. FOX Quicksilver outclasses most characters in speed by such a massive amount, that even if we go with your theory and don't try to dispute it, Apocalypse would react to pretty much everyone he comes across.

He would react to them eventually, but against stronger characters that dwarf quicksilver in striking power he would probably be dead by then. That is my issue with people using this as some end all durability and reaction feat.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By king_majestros

@kalkent said:

@king_majestros said:

You literally called it a one time showing and said it wasn't consistent, that is the very definition of an outlier. Like I don't know how much more dense you can get.

False. I've never claimed anything was an outlier. Again, you brought that up, not me. But, here's the definition of the word 'consistent': "acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate," and in Layman's terms: "more than once." And insulting me isn't going to help your case, and in fact, ruin it even further than you have already. I recommend you stop.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kevd4wg  Online

@kalkent said:
said:
said:

@kalkent said:

said:

Yea, getting punched what could have been hundreds of times if quicksilver was serious is reacting to him. Hell, there was even a literal noise and camera shots indicating apocalypse was speeding up his perception in the movie. And kev, you of all people? This would mean your precious thor would never tag superman.

No it doesn't because PC Superman doesn't fight like Fox Quicksilver at all, which was the whole basis of my argument. If he did, he would stomp. This makes me wonder how many of my other arguments you've been misunderstanding.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kalkent

@kevd4wg said:

No it doesn't because PC Superman doesn't fight like Fox Quicksilver at all, which was the whole basis of my argument. If he did, he would stomp. This makes me wonder how many of my other arguments you've been misunderstanding.

No, but you and other thor boys arguments is muh aoe attacks. But by your own logic in this thread thor wouldn't even feel the punches in order to even know he would have to use an AOE attack. I mean you also think FOX Quicksilver is comparable to PC Clark in speed so.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kevd4wg  Online

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

No, but you and other thor boys arguments is muh aoe attacks. But by your own logic in this thread thor wouldn't even feel the punches in order to even know he would have to use an AOE attack.

I've never argued he uses them by feeling the hit and doing it. I argue that Superman doesn't fight by statuing people and doesn't do a lot of damage hitting at high speeds. He goes for haymakers for real damage, which are a lot slower and slows him down, that allows Thor to hit him with lightning.

And when I was debating with you that one time, I never argued AoEs. My dude you gotta stop assuming you know every argument before you debate it. If you didn't you might make a far more convincing(if inconsistent) submission argument for Clark.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

I've never argued he uses them by feeling the hit and doing it. I argue that Superman doesn't fight by statuing people and doesn't do a lot of damage hitting at high speeds. He goes for haymakers for real damage, which are a lot slower and slows him down, that allows Thor to hit him with lightning.

And when I was debating with you that one time, I never argued AoEs. My dude you gotta stop assuming you know every argument before you debate it. If you didn't you might make a far more convincing(if inconsistent) submission argument for Clark.

I mean what is the point. You are already making threads about me basically mocking me. Bannable offense gg.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
deactivated-5d7ad417f1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He accelerated his perception speed in order to be able to react to him.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah no one cares because Apocalypse still stopped him.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah no one cares because Apocalypse still stopped him.

Not only that, but... this thread's title is the exact opposite of what happened on-screen. =)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@baph said:

no one gives a shit

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kevd4wg  Online

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

I mean what is the point. You are already making threads about me basically mocking me. Bannable offense gg.

Sorry you're not interested in having a reasonable discussion. As for the mocking thing, I've done nothing of the sort.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 death4bunnies  Moderator

@kalkent:

Quicksilver is the GOAT live action speedster(ok CW flash is) but reacting at all to FOX quicksilver is crazy.

——-

Here is where I think your wrong.

I’m not convinced that Apocalypses eyes were him speeding up his perception at all.

I think that’s just what happens to his eyes when he matter manipulates just like in the rest of the movie.

——-

What proof of this ‘speed up reaction time’ power you claim Apocalypse has.

——-

I think he can’t move his body at super speed, but he use his powers in conjunction with his perception and matter manipulate.

——-

Because your making the claim of a new mutant power I believe the onus is on you to prove the claim.

——-

Summary: Apocalypse’s eyes do that cloudy shaky thing a bunch of times in the movie, I see no proof of a power that enhances his perception.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@baph said:

no one gives a shit

@king_majestros said:

@webinyoureye11 said:

Oof. All the supes low ballers are banding together. I guess you guys conveniently missed the noise indication that apoc had to amp his abilities to even perceive him. He was getting the crap getting blitzed out of him in the beginning. Smh.

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We asked? This is not a battle

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 death4bunnies  Moderator

@kalkent:

I shall listen for said noise right now.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 death4bunnies  Moderator

@kalkent:

I do not hear the noise you speak of.

I only hear the dramatic music, and ambiance.

Nothing even remotely conclusive.

——-

I don’t think he has this ‘amped perception power’ you speak of.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PIS. Quicksilver if he was playing it smart could have neg diffed Apo, but they cant have a side character solo the big bad guy!

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

@geekryan said:
@baph said:

no one gives a shit

@king_majestros said:

@webinyoureye11 said:

Oof. All the supes low ballers are banding together. I guess you guys conveniently missed the noise indication that apoc had to amp his abilities to even perceive him. He was getting the crap getting blitzed out of him in the beginning. Smh.

Rotf. Repeating the same nonsense because no one agrees with you. Give it a rest.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@bladeoffury said:

He would react to them eventually, but against stronger characters that dwarf quicksilver in striking power he would probably be dead by then. That is my issue with people using this as some end all durability and reaction feat.

Depends what characters, of course, but most live action high tiers won't stand a chance. If we're to go into detail...

In this slowed down screen time, Quicksilver was alternating from blur speed (when he was moving from spot to spot) to regular speed (when he stopped to punch). The blur speed isn't that fast, a car on the freeway could probably achieve the same effect at such close distance, but let's highball it to mach 1. In reality, we know that Quicksilver runs multiple times faster than lightning, which is probably way FTL but let's be safe and say it's mach 500 000. This means that mach 500 000 in real time registered as mach 1 in screen time, so screen time was slowed down by 500 000 times. Since Quicksilver's first contact, it took Apocalypse 12 seconds (in screen time) to speed up his perception, so he actually did it 500K quicker in real time, which is 24 microseconds. This means that the character Apoc goes up against has to cover the distance and hit him in under 24 microseconds, a feat that can only be performed by a mach 300 character, at standard starting distance. Very few high tiers are this fast.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess people should stop saying New 52 Superman reacted to Flash then since the same thing happened there

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost like a character you like can't blitz apocalypse. People are also confused on how fast he reacted to quicksilver.

Earlier in the movie quicksilver made a single bee wing flap last 7 seconds which is roughly the same time apocalypse needed to react meaning it took him the time a bee flaps it's wing once to speed up his perception

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People Apocalypse didn’t initially react to quicksilver

Quicksilver walked up to apocalypse and he couldn’t see him it was only after a lot of hits he eventually sped up his perception to react to quicksilver

My point is if superman is approaching from space at Mach 22 apocalypse wouldn’t be able to react as he hasn’t speed up he’s perception at that point in time until hit