AoU Thor's Lightning, Vision's mind gem blast and Ironman's twin repulsors vs JL Superman

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll AoU Thor's Lightning, Vision's mind gem blast and Ironman's twin repulsors vs JL Superman (35 votes)

Supes gets melted like an ice cream 20%
Possibly K.O 26%
He tanks it 31%
No-sells it 23%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Resurrected Supes swapped places with Vibranium Ultron in the gif.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a
deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman tanks. He's more durable than Ultron.

Ezra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets a tan worst case scenario tbh.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming Ultron was pure Vibranium he dies.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron is not made of pure Vibranium and Clark is => Vibranium due to his nuke feat.

This thread is hilarious.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

I honestly could see anything from tanking to dying. Superman has literally never been scratched, and the only thing which broke Vibranium are other characters, so it isn't quantifiable by a numerical metric.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done before. A sustained lightning blast from Thor alone is dangerous for Supes, add the other two and he's a goner

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday's energy emissions were carving up islands, wrecking building like Styrofoam and could be seen for miles above the sky. They were probably as big as Thor's Sokovia slam and the most they did was push Superman back a few feet. Superman eats their attacks and stomps them. Nothing's changed since 2016 and there's gonna be even more nails in the coffin with JL, Shazam 2 &/or 3 and the inevitable fight between Superman and Brainiac and "shatter moons with my fists GG" Doomsday.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_gaurdian: Doomsday’s emissions razed the land but that’s far below vaporizing much of a land mass like Thor did. Besides range, Thor’s lightning has generally proven deadlier from pushing back building sized leviathans to hurting Thanos

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of them can take a nuke without his hair getting singed while the other got melted by heat that's not even a fraction of that.

Superman tanks

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: except sokovia had no magnetic field and wasn't anchored to the earth. They're not comparable, only one of them has real structural integrity

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: Thor also had the advantage of vibranium which amplifies his strikes. If he'd just hit the ground and nothing else I doubt he'd vaporize a whole landmass like that given all his other strikes without vibranium

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: it still vapourized bare minimum half of it of it. It’s comparable to a nuke and you really are wanking with that description “without getting his hair singed.” Also, Kryptonians clearly don’t have nuke level heat resistance for more than a millionth of a second. Superman’s heat vision (stated to be as hot as the sun) was making Faora and Nam Ek scream in pain. Much lower heat fired continuously is enough to hurt Supes and co, but they can survive much higher levels in much smaller intervals. It’s like running your hand through a fire.

Thor could very likely survive the nuke’s heat for a fraction of a fraction of a second if he can take a star’s heat for nearly a minute

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_gaurdian: it doesn’t add any more force or energy to his strikes it just distributed it, but you’re right he wouldn’t do it like that without vibranium. Iron Man had to create a heat seal to contain all the hit’s energy to Sokovia.

Avatar image for jormungandr-jay
Jormungandr-Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bitch boy scout dies

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Gets fodderized or looks like this

No Caption Provided

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: except it didn't vaporize it, that appears to be a perpetual mistake people make, the city city still fell just in smaller chunks, and no it's not comparable to a nuke, it's temperature was less than 3000 degrees based on the fact that iron man was present and we know the extent of his heat resistance and you can't compare a floating landmass to one standing on the earth anchored to it especially one whose structural integrity is completely dependent on the magnetic field being active, or would you also claim the magnitude field generated was close to the earth's?

How is that wanking the statement? He suffered no broken bones, his body wasn't burned, his body just appeared to be starved of all its radiation. Mate, considering he was at ground zero, his molecules will retain that temperature for quite longer than that since it remained intact as supposed to turning to plasma.

Zod also ran from a building that also clipped superman, does that mean he wouldn't tank it, superman also showed signs of pain when doomsday shot him with his heat vision and none of this actually caused any damaged, so them screaming doesn't mean they were damaged, so my point still stands. See I could also claim thor feeling Jane's slap but see how stupid that is?

No he can't, as we learn in ragnarok, thor got singed by surtur's fire, or would you rather claim it was a million degrees? The heat he took from the 'star' was hot enough to not damage rocket's ship or even maybe blind him considering the close proximity, anyway I would put that feat to the power of will considering the moment it made contact with his skin, dude was already burning

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KryptonianKing88

@DammeFavour:

No Caption Provided

This is Sokovia immediately after. No big chunks or massive tsunamis, so Thor likely did vaporize it. I'm not too versed in this so could you explain how the lack of a magnetic field affects the energy required to vaporize that much soil?

If Iron Man was right next to Thor, it'd be a feat for Iron Man since that specific armor has no anti feats, but he was under neath Sokovia near the heat seal and had nearly a hundreds of meters of Earth shielding him so he doesn't discredit the feat.

How is that wanking the statement?

Misinterpreted what you said. Your description implies he no sold it but you were just referring to him being unburned. My mistake.

Zod having a building collapse on him would probably hurt him or at least leave him vulnerable so it makes sense to flee. It's different from Faora/Nam Ek actually screaming in pain from heat vision hurting them through their armor. Thor feeling Jane or Rocket's slap is clearly different. That's for comedic effect while heat vision is seriously considered by film makers as very effective against Kryptonians.

thor got singed by surtur's fire,

You're gonna use sweating as an anti feat for Thor then ignore Kryptonians screaming in pain through armor and take several seconds to recover? Also, that's a feat for Surtur. Pre-End Surtur only scales to Thor

The heat he took from the 'star' was hot enough to not damage rocket's ship or even maybe blind him considering the close proximity, anyway I would put that feat to the power of will considering the moment it made contact with his skin, dude was already burning

It's a dyson spear. @rajjarsalt has the quote, so all the heat and energy's contained in the beam. Just think about it logically, why would the Dwarves work so close to heat that can burn their protectors if they can't even contain it. if you wanna nitpick visuals, that nuke is below a gas station fire in heat considering it didn't burn Clark's cape but the gas station in MoS did.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: no....this is sokovia a few seconds after that image: https://youtu.be/1MhUtPhJVnQ

Without the magnetic field holding sokovia together, its just going to be falling rocks and without earth absorbing part of the impact of nukes, there would be a lot more devastation.

The heat seal was distributed through sokovia so the energy could double back as opposed to escape the landmass, iron man's position is relevant because the explosion happened in the center of the landmass, both were protected by tons of rock.

Like I said, they can feel it, doesn't mean it causes damage or did it, I even reinforced this by using doomsday shooting at superman. Yes they might feel it but it causes no damage.

Sweating? Naa, do you know what singe means? The script says thor was singed, explains why he blocked it. Several seconds to recover? What are you on about? All three were standing before the military shot at them. Sure it's a feat for surtur but how hot was it?

Do you see the part about me saying rocket was in close proximity? He wasn't in the structure remember? And no the gas station didn't burn superman's Cape, it burned zod's

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Swaggot

At best, Clark feels a tickle. At worst he tanks it and is still at 100%.

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

yea. to the guy who took 100 million fahrenheit of thermal radiation

seems they have a chance!

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rajjarsalt

@kryptonianking88: For heat related things it's not really the amount of degrees C/K/F but the energy of the beam. This ties with specific heat capacity, the energy required to heat up an object in terms of its temperature, and the like - the temperature of the star blast is = to the star, but if I tossed a chunk of uru into the surface of the star, it wouldn't get the job done since the star blast via dyson sphere superscience/magic condenses the full output or force of the star, which makes it have magnitudes more energy than simply swimming in the surface.

So you need to have a lot of energy to heat the substance of something up to any temperature. That fraction of a second super-high temperature is insignificant because it's not that high in terms of energy, so it wouldn't heat a durable object or character as much as one would think it would. Same reason Goku's attacks would still vaporize characters like Doomsday even if they didn't have this nuke-level fraction-of-a-second temperature.

That being said, Thor's single lightning blasts from Mjolnir are like a couple Iron Men put together. And Tony has quite the amount of energy in his suit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: Leviathans have no energy durability feats except tanking P1 Iron Man lasers which are featless. And Superman is more durable than Thanos.

Iron Man's repulsors and Vision's mind stone beam doesn't have feats to be > HV or Doomsday's AoE and Thor's lightning is doing nothing.

MCU_Jedi_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MCU_Jedi_Bob

Superman no-sells it.

Atomickitten15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@authentical: Iron Man's lasers still have their petawatt feat from the canon Iron Man 2 comic. That petawatt is more than Supes heat vision has every put out.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lots of dceu alts voting...as usual in this site

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron wasn't pure vibranium though. Just saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomickitten: Iron Man doesn't output multiple megatons via lasers.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

No Caption Provided

This is Sokovia mid explosion. The pic I showed earlier comes later. It looks like the center was vaporized while the edges remained, which makes sense since Iron Man wasn't even injured by it. Also, during this explosion, the screen glows very bright for a second, but you don't see any big chunks get sent flying.

Without the magnetic field holding sokovia together, its just going to be falling rocks and without earth absorbing part of the impact of nukes, there would be a lot more devastation.

I agree a nuke at the center of a floating landmass like Sokovia could blow it away, but Thor vaporized a significant portion of it.

The heat seal was distributed through sokovia so the energy could double back as opposed to escape the landmass, iron man's position is relevant because the explosion happened in the center of the landmass, both were protected by tons of rock.

No Caption Provided

Explosion started from Thor's position or least close to it, so he had less shielding.

Like I said, they can feel it, doesn't mean it causes damage or did it, I even reinforced this by using doomsday shooting at superman. Yes they might feel it but it causes no damage.

I'll concede that.

Sweating? Naa, do you know what singe means?

Yeah he's sweating. Timestamped it and he doesn't look too bad. https://youtu.be/EkzRK182UP0?t=228

I know the script feat you're referring to, and it's not shown on screen. He doesn't even get hit directly by Surtur

https://youtu.be/gUXG5_xBBUo?t=13

On screen damage is a slightly burned cape

Several seconds to recover? What are you on about?

https://youtu.be/CFINnkBvC2M?t=90 Counted it from 1:30 to 1:42. Supes gets 12 free seconds to get to his feet

Sure it's a feat for surtur but how hot was it?

Hot enough to force Thor to block it rather than tank it, that's not saying much. He blocks Chitauri blasts that Hulk no sold and Cap tanked. Highballing it, you would scale it to Thor's feats rather than using it to downplay them.

Do you see the part about me saying rocket was in close proximity?

He was in his spaceship, but I think my point still stands. All the energy's contained in the beam

He wasn't in the structure remember? And no the gas station didn't burn superman's Cape, it burned zod's

That's even worse then. Superman's cape is like a family heirloom, Zod is a military general and his should logically be built to withstand battle

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@authentical: Leviathans are building sized and have their own force behind them, I brought that up to counter Doomsday's AOE knocking over buildings.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: are you sure just knocking? I think DD vaporizing those building.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibranium is better than Superman.

No Caption Provided

The Sokovia explosion is superior to the nuke that wrecked Superman. Obliterating a landmass of that size is well above a sub megaton level nuke.

OT Superman probably survives but with some serious damage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealthgrey: more impressive than I remembered it, but he really just blew them away. Thor's lightning is more focused but it does the same against Leviathans that can plow through skyscrapers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday clearly vaporized the buildings.

ChaosHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has trouble cutting Thor with Adamantium in the comics. This means comics Thor has near-Adamantium durability.

Superman is obviously more durable than Thor. And Adamantium is over Vibranium in resistance. Ultron is made of Vibranium. However that was comics Thor.

So this reasoning is useless we can only guess, I say th man of steel tanks it