AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan run a High Republic Master/Apprentice gauntlet

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Just finished reading Star Wars: Brotherhood, and wanted to do a matchup featuring the titular “brothers” around the AotC timeframe. I also thought it’d be fun to bring some more attention to the High Republic, so I decided to pit them against some Master/Apprentice pairs from that era.

So, how do Obi and Li’l Ani fare against these duos? Fair warning I’m not sure if they’re in order from least to most powerful.

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Reath Silas and Cohmac Vitus

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Burryaga Agaburry and Nib Assek

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Bell Zettifar and Loden Greatstorm

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Keeve Trennis and Sskeer

No Caption Provided

If this is too easy for Obi and Ani, I’d love suggestions or recommendations on how to make it more of a challenge for them. Maybe I could combine two teams or add other members to certain teams, such as Indeera Stokes and Jora Malli? Open to ideas, so feel free to express any!

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Tags:

@frozen, @darthor, @jedisympathiz3r, @emmafrostxmen, @daddyprometheus, @sheevsmacker, @void_reborn, @alextheboss, @thebluedragon20, @turtleman1878, @gangorca, @warlockmage, @heiqn, @geekryan@marvelfan1992, @supremegeneration, @angelica10, @lightyagamigod2, @xmen5ever, @maulsmacker, @uhu123, @lord_tenebrous, @sonofdarkness, @the_swaggot, @landon_rogers00, @samgee, @dirtyluna, @cryolancer47, @lazerbeak, @gaoron, @god_vulcan, @straight-fire, @eredin12, @achillesspawn, @catman5, @shroudofsorrow

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Obi and Anakin. Cohmac fares well against Obi, but Anakin stomps Reath.

Round 2 - Obi and Anakin stomp

Round 3 - Best round by far, but Obi and Ani take 7/10

Round 4 - Sskeer could take Obi or Anakin, but not both. So team 1 wins.

Stellan and Elzar against Obi and Anakin would be a great fight.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark: out of curiosity, why do you say round 3 is closest?

Elzar impressed me the most out of all the Jedi in the HR era besides Porter Engle. I’ve already made my opinion on Stellan pretty clear in a lot of other HR threads, but I generally don’t find him that impressive.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LightorDark

@a_fine_edition: Stellan is my favorite in the HR with Elzar being a close second. Rising Storm is the best novel, and it shows how great both of those Jedi are.

Loden shows resilience and is very wise, kind of like Kenobi. He found ways to win that weren’t necessarily with a lightsaber. Bell is the one you root for, and I’m sure Ember is nearby.

I don’t see the other padawans matching well against Anakin, which is why I think it’s the best match. Even at AOTC, Anakin is said to be near Obi’s level. Bell has the best shot, which still isn’t great. Loden has to carry slightly.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

@a_fine_edition: I’d argue Bell and Loden are more powerful than Sskeer and Keeve considering their feat of stopping Lourna’s ship while Loden was heavily weakened and considering Loden’s starship deflection feat.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

Anyway, Anakin and Obi-wan clear but it won’t be easy

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: Elzar has an incredible feat that would make him a good match for Anakin. Stellan has some good feats, too, but the duo of Stellan and Elzar may be unfair for AOTC Obi and Ani. ROTS Obi and Ani would be great. Forget it. I’m posting it. I want this debated.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

@lightordark: Anakin was out-dueling him in their fight in the Obi-Wan show, and that seemed like it was right before or at least super close to AotC. So he might even technically be superior in a fight to AotC Obi, which is also slightly supported by their encounter and separate performances against Dooku. Anakin did seem to be pressuring him much more than Obi was.

Feel free to tag me on that RotS Obi/Ani vs Stellan/Elzar matchup when you get around to it. Personally I don’t think it’s that close of a match, but I’d be interested to see if you or someone else can provide some good reasoning. Elzar has that astounding Dark Side-amped feat, but I’m not sure if that’ll be enough.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: I’ll be honest, it’s been a while since I read Loden’s stuff. But you just reminded me how good he was. He had some really great feats for the short amount of time he was around, that ship deflection feat being one of his best (though I’m pretty sure he said he wouldn’t be able to do it more than once). Forgot about them holding back Lourna’s ship.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea decent fights Obikin stomps 1, wins 2 relatively easily, evenly match at R3 which should be R4 but they can take it, and beat R4. However if Anakin have access to his enlightenment stage against Dooku they clear this rather easily

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: While I'm yet to read Midnight Horizon, I'm confident that Reath and Cohmac don't get a massive boost. So they should clear.

R2: They should clear this as well, Nib and Burry don't have a ton of combat feats.

R3: This is very close, but they win more often than not. These two are strong force wise, but are lacking duelling feats.

R4: Same situation as round 3, but reverse the force and duelling comments. They should win more often than not, but it would be close.

Side note: Loden & Bell vs Sskeer and Keeve would be a pretty interesting matchup now that I think about it.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: Didn’t Burry fight a Rathtar or 2 in The Fallen Star? I think he had Elzar as backup, but that’s still decent. And Nib fought Stellan Gios in a sparring match. I agree they don’t have much to go off of though.

Looking back a lot of HR Jedi have great Force feats. They just don’t really duel anyone I’d consider impressive. Although Loden is mentioned as “having some claim to being great” as a duelist, and his starship deflection feat mentioned earlier in the thread is actually pretty good.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Anakin and Kenobi clear, Anakin does most of the work he can outduel anyone here and Kenobi can easily hold his own

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi and Ani win all rounds. I would even say that either one of them can solo, though it might be difficult.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition:

Yes he did, I didn't mean they were hopeless or anything. Just that Burry and Nib have very little compared to the other duo's.

Yeah that's pretty much how it is, without Sith or Dark Jedi they don't really have duels that aren't against each other.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: Nib did fight Stellan in a sparring match as well. That’s definitely something. For some reason I could’ve sworn she was on the Council too.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition:

Certainly, their sparring was impressive. However when compared to the other characters in the gauntlet. It's harder to place Nib on their level, when you only have the one spar to use.

The High Republic appears to have a fair number of older experienced Jedi who you would think may be eligible to hold a seat on the council, but do not. It's understandable when you have Jedi such as Nib, Porter and Maz, to get confused.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Bump. I think there’s a chance for more discussion to be had here. Also I spruced things up with some cool images.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnight Horizon has buffed Reath, commenting on his saber combat. He has managed to beat Cohmac multiple times.

It seems like Reath would pair up against Anakin better than I initially thought. I could see them take a few rounds.

I’ve also read more HR comics, and so could see Sskeer and Keeve would be an interesting match, too.

I still think Loden and Bell are the best fight, though.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnight Horizon has buffed Reath, commenting on his saber combat. He has managed to beat Cohmac multiple times.

Were they sparring? That seems like an interesting progression.