No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anti-Monitor and Darkseid new 52 Vs 616 Zeus

both Anti-monitor and Darkseid have 1000 Warriors with them so 2000

fight takes at Olympius

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (35436 posts) - - Show Bio

Either solo.

#3 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhhh. Why is Zeus saying "I hate spunk."? Lol. This thread might be a little too weird for me.

#4 Edited by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats, both DS and AM can solo.

According to handbooks, Zeus is equal to Odin, who is a galaxy buster, so logically Zeus is a GB, which means he would win.

So now the question is with what to go?

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#5 Posted by echostarlord117 (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii: Lol I hate handbooks that say one thing while the comics/books say another. Go by feats. They're the most reliable source.

Anyway, either member of team one could solo.

#6 Edited by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Please, show me when comics actually say that Zeus is not as powerful as Odin.

And give me an example when handbook says one thing, comics says another.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#7 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of them solo.

#8 Posted by echostarlord117 (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii: I don't know what happened to my last comment, but what ever. Anyway, I don't get it. You just said that feat-wise, DS or AM could solo which by default makes Zeus less powerful than Odin. I mean, if you really want me to, I'll get around to posting scans or what ever (I just wrote a reeeeaaaalllly long and frankly unnecessary post on another thread so I'm a little Vine'd out atm).

And I don't read DC/Marvel handbooks, but there's a Star Wars handbook that says that Darth Vader is more powerful than Palpatine which is total bullcrap. There's another one that says Cad Band is a better bounty hunter than Boba Fett.

EDIT: The latter isn't a handbook. It's actually the official Star Wars website. -_- What has Disney done to Star Wars...

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-starwars-com-10-best-bounty-hunters

#9 Posted by Ondskapt666 (1408 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus!

#10 Posted by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

I don't know what happened to my last comment, but what ever. Anyway, I don't get it. You just said that feat-wise, DS or AM could solo which by default makes Zeus less powerful than Odin.

Yep, they can solo feat wise.

That doesn't make Zeus less powerful than Odin.

Zeus' best is beating Hulk, and Hulk didn't want even fight back, that is not impressive compared a guy who can destroy planets with Omega Beams, and that guy was wrecked by AM, so feat wise DS and AM >>>> Zeus.

I mean, if you really want me to, I'll get around to posting scans or what ever (I just wrote a reeeeaaaalllly long and frankly unnecessary post on another thread so I'm a little Vine'd out atm).

I know feats of both of AM and DS and Zeus, there is no need to post them.

And I don't read DC/Marvel handbooks, but there's a Star Wars handbook that says that Darth Vader is more powerful than Palpatine which is total bullcrap. There's another one that says Cad Band is a better bounty hunter than Boba Fett.

Those are Star Wars handbooks those handbook have nothing to do with Marvel, show me when in Marvel Handbook says one thing, but comics says another.

EDIT: The latter isn't a handbook. It's actually the official Star Wars website. -_- What has Disney done to Star Wars...

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-starwars-com-10-best-bounty-hunters

It is Disney what did you expect?

#11 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii said:

@echostarlord117:

It really doesn't matter if a comic states that a character is equal or especially handbooks yet there's nothing featwise suggesting it. Maybe if Zeus is at a equally balanced or somewhat balanced power struggle with Odin it would be clear but I see no scans here..

#12 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Aatroxxx (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Team handily

#14 Posted by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, and by feats it isn't even close.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#15 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11804 posts) - - Show Bio

Team. Anti Monitor is in league above skyather's.

#16 Edited by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii said:

@echostarlord117:

It really doesn't matter if a comic states that a character is equal or especially handbooks yet there's nothing featwise suggesting it. Maybe if Zeus is at a equally balanced or somewhat balanced power struggle with Odin it would be clear but I see no scans here..

Zeus is featless, that's why we use handbooks, and handbooks are official, they are just as good as feats, you can't deny them, just because you want so.
Handbooks state they are equal. He doesn't have feats him fighting against Odin at full power, if he had that kind of feats, i would have posted them.
You only talk about feats, which Zeus doesn't have, so we use handbooks as another source of information, which states that Zeus is Odin's equal, so he is, unless something proves otherwise.

#17 Edited by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

@lettsplay10: their is technically no new 52 anti monitor iirc through the new 52 reboot he's still the same character as pre 52

#18 Edited by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Sy8000 (35436 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Uhhhh. Why is Zeus saying "I hate spunk."? Lol. This thread might be a little too weird for me.

He was listing attributes he thought Hulk had and focused on the one he hated.

Avatar image for breakingthrones
#20 Posted by BreakingThrones (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid could possibly solo but anti monitor definitely could so together they beat him even more easily.

#21 Posted by SolarPowered (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Darkseid done something recently other than fight Anti-Monitor that gives him an advantage over Zeus? These "Darkseid stomps" claims seem bold.

#22 Posted by SolarPowered (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

@lettsplay10: their is technically no new 52 anti monitor iirc through the new 52 reboot he's still the same character as pre 52

Any particular reason his clothes are different then?

Avatar image for maninthemountain
#23 Posted by ManInTheMountain (1706 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to SAy zues

#25 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Reactor (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarpowered: What the AM is wearing now is actually the armor from his first appearance.

#28 Posted by Battle123axe (9034 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#29 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii: I'm pretty sure CV Battle forums don't allow you to use what a handbook suggest.

#30 Posted by Savageslayer (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

somehow Murloc marine wins this

No Caption Provided

#31 Edited by echostarlord117 (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii said:

@echostarlord117:

I don't know what happened to my last comment, but what ever. Anyway, I don't get it. You just said that feat-wise, DS or AM could solo which by default makes Zeus less powerful than Odin.

Yep, they can solo feat wise.

That doesn't make Zeus less powerful than Odin.

Well, using ABC logic, it kind of does...

I mean, if you really want me to, I'll get around to posting scans or what ever (I just wrote a reeeeaaaalllly long and frankly unnecessary post on another thread so I'm a little Vine'd out atm).

I know feats of both of AM and DS and Zeus, there is no need to post them.

Those are Star Wars handbooks those handbook have nothing to do with Marvel, show me when in Marvel Handbook says one thing, but comics says another.

Again, I don't understand your thought process. If you know feats of AM, DS, and the Big Z which clearly indicate that Zeus isn't as powerful as either AM or DS, yet a handbook is basically telling you otherwise, why are you asking me to provide more proof? There's the evidence of a handbook contradicting the comics right there, according to you! Like I said, I don't read Marvel/DC handbooks so I can't give you another example. Frankly, I shouldn't need to.

#32 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of the team solo. And pelirrojo Zeus is hideous, he looks cooler with silver hair.

#33 Edited by Supreme Cosmic (914 posts) - - Show Bio

Team. Anti Monitor is in league above skyather's.

More like was. He got nerfed like the gallahorn. He may still wins though

Avatar image for kindofcomicdaniel
#34 Edited by kindofcomicdaniel (549 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know much about Marvel Zeus, besides the Hulk beating and Chaos War storyline. So....Someone can post solid feats from Zeus or ???

#35 Posted by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG....handbooks and statements are truely meaningless if the ability has never been displayed...that being said ....what are the feats for Marvel's Zues...besides the Hulk and rumble with Galactus if im not mistaken...i know he has more than that...

#36 Posted by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Well, using ABC logic, it kind of does...

Dude, Zeus only appeared in a few issues, and he doesn't have feats, he is nigh-featless, that's why i say that featwise both can solo, but according to handbooks, he is equal to Odin, who is a Galaxy Buster.

Again, I don't understand your thought process. If you know feats of AM, DS, and the Big Z which clearly indicate that Zeus isn't as powerful as either AM or DS, yet a handbook is basically telling you otherwise, why are you asking me to provide more proof? There's the evidence of a handbook contradicting the comics right there, according to you! Like I said, I don't read Marvel/DC handbooks so I can't give you another example. Frankly, I shouldn't need to.

As i said above, Zeus only appeared in a few issues, and is nigh-featless, his best feat is beating Hulk ( and Hulk didn't fight back ). Just because he has few appearances and feats, doesn't mean that his less powerful than them, that's why i use handbooks. Dude, i am saying again show me Marvel Handbook saying one thing, but comics saying other thing, which basically never happened, unless you can prove otherwise, if you cannot then just accept what handbooks say. You didn't show any evindence that Marvel Handbook contradicts with comics, and as i said above show me that, or just quitely accept what handbooks say.
Then just go read Marvel hanbooks and comics, and prove that comics contradict with handbooks, i'll wait.
You shouldn't need to do it, but your given example doesn't give a solid proof that comics contradict with handbooks, those are just Star Wars handbooks , not Marvel, there is BIG difference, so as i said above bunch of times, give me example MH contradicting comics.

OMG....handbooks and statements are truely meaningless if the ability has never been displayed...that being said ....what are the feats for Marvel's Zues...besides the Hulk and rumble with Galactus if im not mistaken...i know he has more than that...

So now your opinion >>> handbooks? Cool.
The ability wasn't displayed, because Zeus only appeared in a few issues, and didn't get many feats, he is nigh-featless, and his best feat is beating Hulk.
So unless you can prove that the Handbooks are wrong, that Zeus is not equal to Odin, which i highly doubt, just accept that it says.

#37 Edited by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazeraiii: ok....well just because Odin has demonstrated that he can bust a galaxy by something like say just an energy shot from his hands or a weapon...which takes like a second...lets say zeus destroy galaxys by going to sun conjuring a spell that takes a day of siphoning energy from the cosmos...and if you think darkseid and anti monitor is going to wait for a day to give zeus hell...well they ain't ...the reason that handbooks and statements don't work because you have no way of knowing how the heck they use their abilities to get the results..I'm not just giving an opinion man...I'm just stating we don't know how Zeus is able to implement his powers...thats a fact...

He may have access to powers as Odin does but his way of accessing these abilities may be different than Odin...there is too much room for speculation...now Odin has actual evidence how he is able to bust a galaxy....whats Zeus...you could argue that the same way odin does...someone else can argue by a long drawn out spell...who knows...the book doesn't specify this...so both arguments have about the same merit...maybe Zeus has to gather energies from his fellow brothers which will take their acceptance....maybe he has to piece together...the trident of his brother...the pitch fork of hades...to make a galaxy busting weapon...which would make this a prep fight...too much speculation...either of these method would make him up there with odin...just not has conventional...

I can except that he's equal to Odin...i just dont except how he uses the abilities that odin has demonstrated...because no one has specified this and he has no feats to show how effective he is...

Dragon Ball Z characters are planet busters...but for a second there it took characters from DBZ time to charge up to to destroy a planet...like a few seconds...a few seconds to superman is eternity and clark would lay into them way before they give out a planet busting attack...we don't know how Zeus is able to destroy a galaxy or use those abilities to do so...

#38 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by thehoopergames (48 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#40 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the bump, either solo.

#41 Posted by SLQ02 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether people like it or not, Zeus is equal to Odin as long as the handbook is official. I'd say Zeus takes Darkseid but then AM takes Zeus.

#42 Posted by MrStranger (1894 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the bump, either solo.