just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@just_sayin said:
@whitelantern_1 said:

@just_sayin: Apologies for the late bump, but is Hank still fused with Ultron? Do you feel Ant-Man or one of his other personas is Hank's best alter-ego?

To my knowledge, with the Infinity Wars story line so far, Pym has been separated from Ultron and resides in the soul stone.

Pym always has blended his powersets with each identity, so as Ant-Man he would grow giant size, or as Giant-Man he would shrink. I liked his Wasp identity and Yellowjacket.

ah I see. Well to the best of your knowledge is he appearing in anything coming up? or getting an ongoing anytime soon? Thank you for your response btw

Pym will probably be part of future issues of Infinity Wars. He may be the Ant-man in Loki's Cosmic Avengers (Infinity Wars 5).

No Caption Provided

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By WhiteLantern#1

@whitelantern_1 said:
@just_sayin said:
@whitelantern_1 said:

@just_sayin: Apologies for the late bump, but is Hank still fused with Ultron? Do you feel Ant-Man or one of his other personas is Hank's best alter-ego?

To my knowledge, with the Infinity Wars story line so far, Pym has been separated from Ultron and resides in the soul stone.

Pym always has blended his powersets with each identity, so as Ant-Man he would grow giant size, or as Giant-Man he would shrink. I liked his Wasp identity and Yellowjacket.

ah I see. Well to the best of your knowledge is he appearing in anything coming up? or getting an ongoing anytime soon? Thank you for your response btw

Pym will probably be part of future issues of Infinity Wars. He may be the Ant-man in Loki's Cosmic Avengers (Infinity Wars 5).

No Caption Provided

I see, thank you.

Fanawtik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1. Ant Man vs Iron Man (extremis armor) both bloodlusted Hank gets 2 days prep

The damage somebody who can shrink to subatomic sizes (or grow out of the universe, I guess, but there's a bit harder to quantify and apply to the battlefield) can do is sorely underestimated. Combine that with one of the smartest people on Earth, bloodlust, and unfair prep time and you've got a winning combo. I'm wondering if Stark could even detect or hurt Pym before Pym had the chance to enter his suit by travelling through it at such a small size. I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to kill Stark in there, and that's not even considering any extra tools or planning Pym had been working on during his prep time.

Round 2. Tony Stark vs Ant Man in h2h (ant man is physically fit and this is iron man before extremis so no healing)

Round 2 is a bit more evenly matched. I'm not quite sure who would win here. Though he's definitely been able to get himself out of a pinch, one could argue that Stark's fighting expertise is too limited because he's dependent on his suit and doesn't have much of a need to train. Meanwhile, Pym doesn't have that luxury and largely has to rely on his physical aptitude. Pym never really does anything impressive though, and relies on... science or whatever. I'm really not too sure about this but I'd give Stark the slight edge. He's proven more than capable of handling himself without any additional technology a few times.

Round 3. Ant Man vs Iron Man (in Character and Iron Man gets bleeding edge armor)

In character, my money's on Stark for sure. I can see Pym being a lot more reluctant to fight than Stark, and assuming Pym doesn't immediately shrink or do something funky, Stark's going to beat him up. Pym just isn't that durable. That's not factoring in the sheer power of the Bleeding Edge armour, either. Pym is screwed.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man wins all rounds.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@noone1996 said:

Iron Man wins all rounds.

How does he pass the first round? I know the Extremis armour is pretty impressive and all, but Hank's not only bloodlusted, but he has two days of prep against a foe who he has good knowledge with. That seems like too much in my opinion.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pym

Pym

Split

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pym all rounds. Those scans of him out prepping Reed are bad ass.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Noone1996

@smoothsanta: He doesn't even really outprep him. Sure, he gets past the security (with the help of his friends), but when he was in that room with Reed he was helpless against a device which Reed invented that prevented Pym from reaching and doing anything to him. He was even fascinated and in awe of the device. He claimed what was happening was "impossible" (which Richards responded by claiming it was an easy build) and the only reason he ended up ultimately coming out on top was because Reed was so arrogant and had such little foresight against Hank that he didn't implement sound countermeasures to his defenses. This is something that he could have easily been capable of and if he had thought of it, it's clear that Hank would have lost. Even so, he needed to go back and forth with Cho for advice to inspire himself to use a sonic beam in the first place.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Because it's Hank Pym. He's a doofus in combat. He still has to implement his prep in a battle scenario. Iron Man's superior tech and disabling systems in his armor can easily either disable or disarm his device before it's used and his speed is also a huge factor in this fight. He's MASSIVELY faster than Pym. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that Tony's suit has countermeasures for most of what someone might prep against him for. Magnetism, EMP's, antarctic vibranium, energy draining/disruption, hacking/viruses, etc. won't work. As far as I know, he also needs to physically touch the characters that he's about to shrink if he's using Pym particles which again won't happen.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Because it's Hank Pym. He's a doofus in combat. He still has to implement his prep in a battle scenario. Iron Man's superior tech and disabling systems in his armor can easily either disable or disarm his device before it's used and his speed is also a huge factor in this fight. He's MASSIVELY faster than Pym. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that Tony's suit has countermeasures for most of what someone might prep against him for. Magnetism, EMP's, antarctic vibranium, energy draining/disruption, hacking/viruses, etc. won't work. As far as I know, he also needs to physically touch the characters that he's about to shrink if he's using Pym particles which again won't happen.

copy that, mostly

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still leading towards IM..

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: He doesn't even really outprep him. Sure, he gets past the security (with the help of his friends), but when he was in that room with Reed he was helpless against a device which Reed invented that prevented Pym from reaching and doing anything to him. He was even fascinated and in awe of the device. He claimed what was happening was "impossible" (which Richards responded by claiming it was an easy build) and the only reason he ended up ultimately coming out on top was because Reed was so arrogant and had such little foresight against Hank that he didn't implement sound countermeasures to his defenses. This is something that he could have easily been capable of and if he had thought of it, it's clear that Hank would have lost. Even so, he needed to go back and forth with Cho for advice to inspire himself to use a sonic beam in the first place.

Pym was helpless against a device which Reed invented??!!! Pardon me, but didn't Pym outsmart Reed and get what he came for?

No Caption Provided

I believe the Latin expression is "Venit vidit asinus calce" (He came, He saw, He kicked ass).

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pym can shoot Pym Particles with his hands, he doesn't need to touch anyone. He's been doing this since the 90's. In Avengers Unplugged number 2 he projects his Pym Particles twice - once at Graviton and once at Vision.

No Caption Provided

Another instance can be found in Age of Ultron 10AI. In that issue he shoots Pym Particles to shrink bullets and he also shoots Pym Particles at ants to grow them.

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Do you think his blast would be fast enough to tag a Extremis-amped Iron Man?

I mean, both of those occasions you noted are him tagging things that really aren't moving that fast at all or are completely still.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Do you think his blast would be fast enough to tag a Extremis-amped Iron Man?

I mean, both of those occasions you noted are him tagging things that really aren't moving that fast at all or are completely still.

Pym is able to use Pym Particles to stop machine gun fire.

No Caption Provided

In Indestructible Hulk, Banner detonated a time bomb. Both Giant-Man and Iron-Man where there. Iron-Man got tagged and was frozen in time. Giant-Man's body instinctively reacted and shrunk him so small he was not harmed in the bomb.

No Caption Provided

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank Pym.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Noone1996

@just_sayin: He wouldn't have been able to use a sonic beam if Cho hadn't inspired him by saying, "God, does he ever shut up?" which made Hank think about soundwaves reaching him through his voice. He was helpless. He even asked Cho for some "outside the box" thinking after he tried everything. If Reed made the room soundproof he would have had nothing and lost.

Also, I stand corrected on the Pym particle touching thing. But just so you know, Pym being faster than explosions is something that Tony has done even without his armor on (while it's on it amps his speed even more). The only reason he escaped Banner's explosive and Stark didn't was because Tony wasn't trying to dodge/avoid it. He was seen flying towards both Hank's in order to save them from the explosion so he inevitably got caught up in it.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: He wouldn't have been able to use a sonic beam if Cho hadn't inspired him by saying, "God, does he ever shut up?" which made Hank think about soundwaves reaching him through his voice. He was helpless. He even asked Cho for some "outside the box" thinking after he tried everything. If Reed made the room soundproof he would have had nothing and lost.

Also, I stand corrected on the Pym particle touching thing. But just so you know, Pym being faster than explosions is something that Tony has done even without his armor on (while it's on it amps his speed even more). The only reason he escaped Banner's explosive and Stark didn't was because Tony wasn't trying to dodge/avoid it. He was seen flying towards both Hank's in order to save them from the explosion so he inevitably got caught up in it.

Hey, a I misspoke. I said that Pym has been projecting Pym Particles since the 90's. That's inaccurate. I was reading Tales to Astonish #69 from 1965 and saw where Pym makes an ant large there projecting Pym Particles.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Iron Man wins all 3 easy. I was hoping this was a prep battle. I would have picked Pym

I will add some prep

yo, is it possible to edit a topic? how did you add prep? (asking cause I could never find a way to edit)

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#128  Edited By Supermanthor

Depends

WenJunChew2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank stomps

cancerverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank stomps

Hank

Tony 6/10

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Hank stomps

Round 2: Tony edges out a win, he’s just faster and has the ability to hurt Hank just as much as the inverse

Round 3: Tony comfortably