Annihilators vs Magus/Firelord/Thor/Drax/Hulk

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Darth_Nimrod
ANNIHILATORS (BETA RAY BILL, GLADIATOR, SILVER SURFER, QUASAR, NOVA PRIME AND RONAN)
ANNIHILATORS (BETA RAY BILL, GLADIATOR, SILVER SURFER, QUASAR, NOVA PRIME AND RONAN)
No Caption Provided
MAGUS
MAGUS
FIRELORD
FIRELORD
DRAX
DRAX

HULK
HULK
THOR
THOR

Rules:

Battle happens in an indestructible planet. No BFR. Everyone is bloodlusted. Perfect teamwork. Gladiator's confidence is at its peak. Silver Surfer is at post-Annihilation levels. Richard Rider has the full power of the Novaforce. Ronan has his Black Vortex upgrade. The version of Magus is the one pictured. Drax is at Classic levels (no Power Gem), but with the mind of modern Drax. Firelord is at the peak of his power. Hulk is at Worldbreaker levels, and his teammates are completely immune to his gamma bursts. Thor is Worthy. Who wins?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darth_nimrod:

Your picture doesn't really give that much info about Magus, is this post-Infinity Finale Magus, or before Magus died by the hands of Lord-Marvell, because their power-levels are like way different.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annihilators.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedailybagel  Moderator

Toss up

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus could arguably solo.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Honestly with no bfr it makes this fight insanely hard to judge as Ronan Quasar and Surfer can unite their power to move and combine suns so those three bloodlusted wouldn't go so well for team 2. Magus is the real threat and there's a version of him that has a chance to solo but so many variables could happen.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Magus isn't soloing Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and Gladiator at the same time.

I am favoring annihilators since Drax is kinda weak link and Firelord isn't that impressive. Magus is the most powerful one here, but Surfer is also very powerful.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 would only win due to Magus IMO.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus dolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2 said:

Magus isn't soloing Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and Gladiator at the same time.

I am favoring annihilators since Drax is kinda weak link and Firelord isn't that impressive. Magus is the most powerful one here, but Surfer is also very powerful.

Gladiator and Quasar are kinda fodder here. Tp or superior energy manip on both fronts, I doubt he could one shot SS, but a stomp for both him and Bill shouldn't be to hard to manage. After all, Magus already stomped Quasar.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador said:
@jardinain2 said:

Gladiator and Quasar are kinda fodder here. Tp or superior energy manip on both fronts, I doubt he could one shot SS, but a stomp for both him and Bill shouldn't be to hard to manage. After all, Magus already stomped Quasar.

Gladiator is tough against energy attacks, and warlock/magus was a bit weak against physical force. I agree quasar alone is fodder but when he has three powerhouses backing him up, he can be a factor.

Stomping Nova Prime and Quasar doesn't equal to soloing the annihilators. Magus may leead his team to win, but he is not soloing, unless you count Adam Warlock's fights against Annihilators in IF as feats for magus.

And BRB can counter his magic to some extent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2 said:
@apex_pretador said:
@jardinain2 said:

Gladiator is tough against energy attacks, and warlock/magus was a bit weak against physical force. I agree quasar alone is fodder but when he has three powerhouses backing him up, he can be a factor.

Stomping Nova Prime and Quasar doesn't equal to soloing the annihilators. Magus may leead his team to win, but he is not soloing, unless you count Adam Warlock's fights against Annihilators in IF as feats for magus.

And BRB can counter his magic to some extent.

I try not to, mostly because we aren't aware of all the context yet. Maybe Starlin can re introduce Adam in the new Thanos solo.

As for the fight, Gladiator really doesn't have the factors to compete, even when you add the rest of the team. I think Ronan would actually be a game changer, but I really don't see whats stopping Magus from draining and energy blasting the team.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the fight, Gladiator really doesn't have the factors to compete, even when you add the rest of the team. I think Ronan would actually be a game changer, but I really don't see whats stopping Magus from draining and energy blasting the team.

Gladiator has what it takes to counter magus - physical strength, super speed and lack of weakness to energy draining. In Earthfall, Magus was pretty astonished at the power Gladiator had, when he possessed him.

Also, Silver Surfer might be as powerful as Magus, as in GOTG, he tells the guardians that they don't have any heavy hitter like "Thor or silver surfer" so they can't beat him or something like that.

I don't generally debate for Ronan because I don't know much about him. But yes, his precise energy manipulation and plot-device hammer could counter magus significantly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: In Earthfall, Magus was a child and incredibly weak. And that leads to another point, Glads is the only one who can be possessed (if you take Earthfall feats seriously enough for Magus anyway)

Debatable, especially since Magus energy projection dwarfs Surfers.

Magus is still pretty fast, doubt Gladiator can actually use that speed to his advantage when Adam's packing auto shields.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: In Earthfall, Magus was a child and incredibly weak. And that leads to another point, Glads is the only one who can be possessed (if you take Earthfall feats seriously enough for Magus anyway)

Debatable, especially since Magus energy projection dwarfs Surfers.

Magus is still pretty fast, doubt Gladiator can actually use that speed to his advantage when Adam's packing auto shields.

In earthfall, Magus was just a soul, therefore that's why he was able to possess people

Gladiator got possessed because he wanted to be possessed and still was able to resist his influence and let his teammates beat him down.

Has magus himself ever used auto-shields? Also, remember that SS, Quasar, Nova Prime, Ronan, BRB are also there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: He was alluded to being able to possess people earlier in his publication, he tried sucking the souls out of a planet to be able to gain a physical body, when it failed he tried to possess someone.

Gladiator suffers from horrendous WIS because of his "willpower" being a thing, remember what he did to Vulcan? It was garbage.

Has magus himself ever used auto-shields?

Adam = Magus within GOTG before they split again. Anyway, the way I see it is that Magus' shields and aoe attacks are more than enough to quickly put down anyone who isn't Quasar, Surfer and Bill. After that he can just use his versatility to shut them down.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: He was alluded to being able to possess people earlier in his publication, he tried sucking the souls out of a planet to be able to gain a physical body, when it failed he tried to possess someone.

Gladiator suffers from horrendous WIS because of his "willpower" being a thing, remember what he did to Vulcan? It was garbage.

Has magus himself ever used auto-shields?

Adam = Magus within GOTG before they split again. Anyway, the way I see it is that Magus' shields and aoe attacks are more than enough to quickly put down anyone who isn't Quasar, Surfer and Bill. After that he can just use his versatility to shut them down.

When? Pre IG?

Well, that's how he's written ever since 90's. I don't know if it is good or bad. As for Vulcan, that's because he was a bad match-up for him, just like how I see him being a bad matchup for Adam/Magus, just like how adam would be a hard counter for Quasar.

But GotG Adam has also been attacked several times with no auto-shields popping up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Nah, like, early 2000's

Vulcan is incredibly hard to counter, due to his brick nature. But matter manipulation, TP etc. are all viable options before the rest of the team gets into play.

True, I guess auto-shields isn't the correct term. Really fast reaction speed is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Wait, why are we arguing if Magus could solo the Annihilators? I don't think he can lol.

I mean with the rest of the team, he's capable of soloing 3-4 of them. And assuming this is classic Drax, he can take out Gladiator easily.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Wait, why are we arguing if Magus could solo the Annihilators?

Because you thought he could solo Annihilators.

I don't think he can lol.

Well, in that case, my job is done, because as for the rest of the match-ups are considered, they make this fight really close and can go either way. I'm giving this to annihilators because of personal bias numbers advantage and teamwork experience. But I think I could be convinced otherwise.

I mean with the rest of the team, he's capable of soloing 3-4 of them.

Yeah, he's too dangerous when working with other high tiers.

And assuming this is classic Drax, he can take out Gladiator easily.

This is the same drax who Gladiator wtfstomped while not even trying and toying. See image in OP

And both Thor and Hulk have a decent chance at beating Kallark.

Vulcan is incredibly hard to counter, due to his brick nature

Vulcan is no brick, he is probably as weak as or weaker than Colossus in physicals. Every punch from BB was breaking his bones, and depowered adam was able to fight him off for a bit.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Could go either way if teams play their cards right. But I'm leaning toward Annihilators for the majority. Between them, Annihilators have more versatility.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

I'm curious because there's so many variables here due to Nova,Gladiator,Magus and Firelord lol they tend to vary alot in power...