Animated Anarchy - Spider-Man vs Aqualad

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

As the title implies, I'm going to make a few battles focused around animated characters (specifically comic cartoons). Two worlds collide! Peter Parker and Kaldur'ahm test their wits, strength and skill against one another:

Peter Parker/Spider-Man- The Spectacular Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

VS

Khaldur'ahm/Aqualad- Young Justice

No Caption Provided

Round One:

• Combatants are in character
  • Standard gear applies
  • Feats from season one of each respective show apply only
  • Fight to KO ONLY

Round Two:

• Combatants are in character
  • All feats from respective shows apply
  • Peter can call in assistance from Black Cat if necessary, Kaldur can call in Artemis
  • Fight to KO/Surrender

Round Three:

• Combatants lack morals, but are not bloodlusted
  • All feats apply
  • Characters at their peak
  • Peter has his symbiote, Kaldur is in possession of his Black Manta armour
  • Fight to KO/Death

No Caption Provided

Additional Rules:

• Fight takes place in mid-day
  • Civilians are present until evacuated
  • Combatants begin 25 feet apart from each other
  • Combatants are relatively unaware of each other's capabilities
  • Random encounter

PLEASE state choice with reasoning.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ironshinobi88

I'll take the atlantean given the location...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take the atlantean given the location...

In all three rounds?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 k4tzm4n  Moderator

My memory of YJ feats is a bit fuzzy, unfortunately. Cool segment, though.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Spider-Man likely wins Round 3 via speed-blitz or something close to it. Rounds 1 and 2 are a lot closer, but I just feel that Spider-Man's speed, strength, agility, and durability will all be enough for him to pull at least a few wins. Though having said that Aqualad is a lot more intelligent than the average Spider-Man villain and thus much less likely to simply be outwitted by the web-head the way most of his rogues gallery was. So Kalder definitely stands a good chance, especially with so much water nearby. Of course concerning that Spider-Man could circumvent that obstacle by trying to lure Kalder away from it, but he will likely be too smart to fall for that.

As for Black Cat and Artemis, Felicia wins most likely since she was able to keep up with Spider-Man in a fight, and I don't recall Artemis doing anything to replicate that. So regarding that fight Felicia wins a majority.

So ultimately I say:

Round 1: Kalder 7-8/10 at least

Round 2: Spider-Man and Black Cat

Round 3: Spider-Man

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Very nice analysis and I appreciate that you took the time to explain your reasoning! Just as a heads up though, I made this a random encounter with both Peter and Kaldur largely unaware of each other's capabilities. Peter is smart and may be able to catch on quickly, but it comes to whether Kaldur will allow for it since he's arguably the most skilled and smartest/tactile on the YJ team.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@deranged_midget: Yeah, which just supports what I've already said, namely that Kalder is likely too smart to follow for Peter's usual strategy of outsmarting opponents.

PS: Do you think you could take a look at an older thread I posted? It's Symbiote Spider-Man Vs. Red X. I never got too much feedback on it and I'd like to know what other people think.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I see Aqualad winning in the first and second round but the 3rd one would be pretty difficult but I can see him getting past Peter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pete is going to be hard pressed to take round 3. The armor makes Kaldur pretty durable and it has all sorts of rockets. Kaldur's physicals are impressive, but are not up to par with Pete's. Pete is going to be hard pressed to speedblitz Kaldur when there is so much water around for Kaldur to manipulate. I see him spamming large AOE water attacks to wear Spidey down, which will likely take a while given Pete's stamina. However, a close combat fight would be interesting. Kaldur's superhuman physicals, electric powers and water constructs against Pete's mostly superior stats. Kaldur might be able to hit him with an electric punch/shock to the gut because he's fairly quick, but then again, Peter has great reflexes.

Way too close to call, in my opinion.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

Pete is going to be hard pressed to take round 3. The armor makes Kaldur pretty durable and it has all sorts of rockets. Kaldur's physicals are impressive, but are not up to par with Pete's. Pete is going to be hard pressed to speedblitz Kaldur when there is so much water around for Kaldur to manipulate. I see him spamming large AOE water attacks to wear Spidey down, which will likely take a while given Pete's stamina. However, a close combat fight would be interesting. Kaldur's superhuman physicals, electric powers and water constructs against Pete's mostly superior stats. Kaldur might be able to hit him with an electric punch/shock to the gut because he's fairly quick, but then again, Peter has great reflexes.

Way too close to call, in my opinion.

I see that the general consensus is that Peter holds a superior strength advantage, which I'd have a hard time disagreeing with. Although, Kaldur has on many occasions, managed wrestle with opponents that Superboy tossed up with and even outright flattened Superboy in their first encounter of the second season. It'd be tough to say, but I think Kaldur may be the more physically powerful combatant but Peter can utilize his strength better through the use of his power-set.

Very nice input!

@deranged_midget: Yeah, which just supports what I've already said, namely that Kalder is likely too smart to follow for Peter's usual strategy of outsmarting opponents.

PS: Do you think you could take a look at an older thread I posted? It's Symbiote Spider-Man Vs. Red X. I never got too much feedback on it and I'd like to know what other people think.

Cool beans and sure thing.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Regarding Superboy that's true, and Spider-Man was getting overwhelmed by Venom and Lizard. Who did Aqualad wrestle with specifically? Because given enough names I might actually say Aqualad is stronger.

Aqualad's suit may have rockets, but that won't mean a thing. Spider-Man is as always an expert at dodging projectiles and he can also just remove the rockets with webbing. So I would actually say that would be the least useful thing Aqualad could do.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By patrat18

@tdk_1997 said:

I see Aqualad winning in the first and second round but the 3rd one would be pretty difficult but I can see him getting past Peter.

Agreed.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Regarding Superboy that's true, and Spider-Man was getting overwhelmed by Venom and Lizard. Who did Aqualad wrestle with specifically? Because given enough names I might actually say Aqualad is stronger.

Aqualad's suit may have rockets, but that won't mean a thing. Spider-Man is as always an expert at dodging projectiles and he can also just remove the rockets with webbing. So I would actually say that would be the least useful thing Aqualad could do.

"Wrestled" is merely a disclamatory term I used to emphasize his abilities. I was specifically focusing on Blockbuster who was tossing around Superboy like a ragdoll and Kaldur held his own and eventually land the final blow through the efforts of electrocution, although after Blockbuster was soaked in water. He also went up against (a reluctant) Aquaman and managed to land a stunning (but brief) blow. His strength isn't something I would focus an argument on though since it's usually downplayed to address his other capabilities, mainly hydrokinesis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump because I thought this thread was very interesting.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just watched both series within the last month! Woot.

I'd give round 1 to Pete. He just has too much blunt durability, is too strong and fast for Kaldur.

I'd give round 2 to Kaldur and Artemis. Artemis is too damned accurate (I'm recalling where she used an arrow to make a connection for an EMP or something when facing the Red's and where she bested YJ version of Evil Spidey.) She and Kaldur should be too much for Pete in tangent.

Round 3 goes to the Symbiote. That thing was crazy badass when Pete wore it.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Uchiha545

Kaldur takes all rounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: On the contrary, the Black Manta armor was crazy badass when Kaldur wore it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: I recall liking the missiles and stuff, but I think over the course of the fight, Kaldur would lose the helmet then get conked in the head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Fair enough. However, didn't he generally use the armor without the helmet?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: He did, have a tendency to not wear it but that was more for dramatic effect then any logical reason I think. I assumed he had it on as that makes the most sense to me.

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aqualad is a beast. He shut down super boy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great battle thread!

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This setup was extremely good. I'd give all three rounds to Kaldur.

Webs don't work if wet, as shown before. Neither does wall crawling. So Peter is limited to acrobatics, strength, and spider sense. Strength wouldn't do much due to Kaldur's Atlantic skin, but it may be useful concerning the environment.

In the second round, Black Cat may present a problem because she doesn't rely on webs, but I'd say Artemis could take her from a ranged location, like on one of those arches. Besides, Black Cat doesn't have much profession training, only street smarts, where as Artemis has both.

The last fight was a little harder to decide but I still give it to Kaldur. Where as Kaldur could completely drown Peter in the water-even with the black suit- Peter can't do much to Kaldur.