• 58 results
#1 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Angel has the Gem of Amara and Flaming Sword. Wolverine is Bone Claw.
  • Battle in a gladiator arena.
  • To the Death or KO.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Bossmonster (3088 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan

#3 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by darkbeam (2873 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Wolverine got this.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: oh.

DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

did not even see that lol.

In that case it would go either way IMO. 5.5/10 to whoever you like more. they're both skilled, strong, healing durability etc.

#8 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: oh.

DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

did not even see that lol.

In that case it would go either way IMO. 5.5/10 to whoever you like more. they're both skilled, strong, healing durability etc.

lol yeah I put in there Angel with Gem of Amara and the Flaming Hell Sword. Wolverine Bone claw. :)

#9 Posted by RisingBean (9803 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen maybe one or two episodes of Angel. A decade ago. I'm not the guy to ask for a definitive answer. From where I sit and what I have picked up in conversation, it does seem that this one may be dictated by the alignment of the stars. 5/10 either way?

#10 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen maybe one or two episodes of Angel. A decade ago. I'm not the guy to ask for a definitive answer. From where I sit and what I have picked up in conversation, it does seem that this one may be dictated by the alignment of the stars. 5/10 either way?

Works for me. I tried to gear Angel the best way to match up.

#11 Edited by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

Dismemberment should still work on Angel. Wolverine has been known to cut off the hands of Swordsmen in the past.

#12 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

Dismemberment should still work on Angel. Wolverine has been known to cut off the hands of Swordsmen in the past.

True, but is angel going to take that when he mostly avoids attack of the bladed kind. if he took attacks alot he been dusted by Buffy, Spike, Faith, and more ages ago :)

also would Wolverine ever figure out the Ring is his Immortality?

#13 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

True, but is angel going to take that when he mostly avoids attack of the bladed kind. if he took attacks alot he been dusted by Buffy, Spike, Faith, and more ages ago :)

Wolverine is Faster than Buffy, Spike and Faith...and more Skilled.

He doesn't have to figure out the ring is Angel's source of immortality. If he chops off Angel's hand...Angel loses the ring with it.

#14 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@shawnbaby said:

He doesn't have to figure out the ring is Angel's source of immortality. If he chops off Angel's hand...Angel loses the ring with it.

All true, however I would argue skill all day of Angel. Wolverine being so much faster that Angel cannot hope to compete is not a super point IMO either. Wolverine is fast and Bone Claw has been argued as faster, however how much faster has never been said or showed. Most of his speed feats as Bone Claw seem to be no different than with Adamantium. That I seen mind you.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#15 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine 7/10

Without the adamanitum his healing factor is even more OP and he's faster. With the gem of amarra, Angel will put up a great fight, maybe even win it, but I can see Wolverine cutting off his hand sooner or later.

#16 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine 7/10

Without the adamanitum his healing factor is even more OP and he's faster. With the gem of amarra, Angel will put up a great fight, maybe even win it, but I can see Wolverine cutting off his hand sooner or later.

Fair enough. :)

#17 Posted by Doombert (579 posts) - - Show Bio

To point out how quick his healing factor is without the adamantium, he was run over by a car, breaking every bone in his body. He was shown getting back to his feet as the car smashed into a wall about 200 feet away. To compare that with other titans of healing factors, Hulk got every bone in his body broken by the void and was out of commision for quite some time.

An enraged Wolverine has also been able to cut off fingers of openents before...skilled characters too. He did it to Deadpool before he could pull a trigger on a gun. If Logan knows of the ring, he will have no problem removing the arm, the hand, or even the finger with proficiency.

#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw:

Yeah, I didn't notice that Angel had the flaming sword....he might actually win a few more. I've read a few comics where fire taxes and wears out Wolverines HF. It should only get worse when you add a cutting effect in the mix....

But still, I see Wolverine taking the slight majority 6/10

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@shawnbaby said:

All true, however I would argue skill all day of Angel. Wolverine being so much faster that Angel cannot hope to compete is not a super point IMO either. Wolverine is fast and Bone Claw has been argued as faster, however how much faster has never been said or showed. Most of his speed feats as Bone Claw seem to be no different than with Adamantium. That I seen mind you.

Angel has no showings of skill anywhere close to Wolverine's level. He's stronger than Logan...but not by much. The margin of which Logan is faster than Angel is pretty major though. Wolverine is a bullet dodger and often moves faster than the human eye or mind can follow. Honestly, I've never noticed that much of a speed advantage for Bone-Claw Wolverine either...most of that theory just comes from the fact that without the adamantium he is 100 or so lbs lighter. But its really hard to qualify speed feats when your looking at a static 2 dimensional image.

Here's just a small sample of Wolverine's speed feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

Angel has no showings of skill anywhere close to Wolverine's level. He's stronger than Logan...but not by much. The margin of which Logan is faster than Angel is pretty major though.

Lol And how exactly did you come to these conclusions lol?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
#21 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that Angel has the flaming sword Wolvie will end up cuting off Angels hand/arm eventually. Once that happens Angel is no longer immortal and Wolverine would go in for the kill. Logan is faster, more skilled, and more agile than Buffy is and Buffy waxed Angel a couple of times iirc. Also his healing factor gets crazy upgraded without the Adamantium. IMO Logan wins majority.

#22 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

Angel has no showings of skill anywhere close to Wolverine's level. He's stronger than Logan...but not by much. The margin of which Logan is faster than Angel is pretty major though.

Lol And how exactly did you come to these conclusions lol?

I will show this in a second.

Angel has no showings of skill anywhere close to Wolverine's level. He's stronger than Logan...but not by much. The margin of which Logan is faster than Angel is pretty major though. Wolverine is a bullet dodger and often moves faster than the human eye or mind can follow. Honestly, I've never noticed that much of a speed advantage for Bone-Claw Wolverine either...most of that theory just comes from the fact that without the adamantium he is 100 or so lbs lighter. But its really hard to qualify speed feats when your looking at a static 2 dimensional image.

Here's just a small sample of Wolverine's speed feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All impressive but nothing Angel has not done either.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

1) Angel with his back turn catches a Crossbow arrow after it is fired!

2) Angel Doges Arrow from Crossbow and then dodges bullets without getting hit.

3) Dodges a Bullet fired Stake after it was fired from less than 10 feet.

4) Illyra slows time to a crawl where all things seem frozen still. Yet Spike Vampire senses prove Vampires can still see blurs of her moving at that insane speed she would be moving compared to them.

Angel is not slow at all.

Skill wise the show and comics paint angel, Spike, Faith, Buffy, and very few others as the best in skill on the planet as well other Dimensions.

Loading Video...

Skip 3:40 to 6:50 Buffy vs Angel

Loading Video...

Buffy Fight scene. This is the chick angel beats around when going evil.

Loading Video...

Angel vs Spike.

All these fight scenes are on a low budget TV show and are superior to wolverine Movie fight scenes half the time lol.

Angel and Buffy in comics have better portrayed skill showings and feats thanks to no budget on drawings.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Like Angel faces a Dragon and a powerful Demon who wants to keep Angel from attacking the Dragon.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Here Angel without Vampire Powers (He is Human here) uses raw skill to embarrass Spike and then survive Illyriah, a super powerful Time altering Demon.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Add in the skill of angel who beat down Spike with the body of a Muppet!

Angel battles off the worst demons of hell for 3 months as a Human!

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Here Angel with little to know gear faces and kills off a dictators Vampire Army while making his way to the castle.

Angel easily outdoes Xin. A ancient vampire of Chinese Martial Arts. Angel even fooled him by playing dumb to find out if he was the real Xin. Then Blitzes him.

Angel has mad skill as far as the Buffy verse is concerned. He is a 200+ year old Vampire who has battled and fought his way as the greatest Vampire on earth. He is one of the top 3 next to Spike and Buffy. The very fact he is a Champion means he is the greatest warrior on earth for the Powers That Be.

So he is far from inferior to Wolverine who is only more skilled if your simply convince Marvel Comics is better and thus Wolverine is better by default.

Not to make a argument, just state some probably unknown facts.

#23 Posted by dondave (41753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#24 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Im reading Angel and Faith as of now and finishing the after The Fall series. when thats done I will make a Angel specific thread and throw them your way. I am going through the TV seasons right now.

#26 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I be stealing those scans for futur Buffy goodness in threads lol.

#27 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I finished Angel and Faith, it isn't really scan worthy. The comic is really more of a character growth comic.

And thanks lol

#28 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I finished Angel and Faith, it isn't really scan worthy. The comic is really more of a character growth comic.

And thanks lol

dangit!

#29 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: There are some good feats in there, but if you're looking for bullet dodging, and boulder throwing, you're out of luck lol. If you want dialogue....well.... you've found the right comic lol

#30 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: There are some good feats in there, but if you're looking for bullet dodging, and boulder throwing, you're out of luck lol. If you want dialogue....well.... you've found the right comic lol

How about just decent fighting?

#31 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw:

Ehhh, I found that comic kind of skimped on the action. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of action, but it wasn't very dynamic. I'll see if I can get some examples later

#32 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Its a really good comic though! Read it! It's been a while for me so I might just be talking out my ass lol

#34 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Its a really good comic though! Read it! It's been a while for me so I might just be talking out my ass lol

I plan on to anyway lol.

#35 Edited by the_stegman (40235 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel, Wolverine would have to go for a decapitation, that's the only way he's gonna put Angel down.

#36 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw:

Lack of easy to use feats might also be because Angel and Faith weren't fighting humans, vampires, or others on their level. They big bads were all powerful demons who had the power to one-shot in some way or form, like the twins and whistler for example

#37 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Angel, Wolverine would have to go for a decapitation, that's the only way he's gonna put Angel down.

Its good to see ya on the sites still. You read Faith and Angel. Is it worth it?

#38 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw:

Lack of easy to use feats might also be because Angel and Faith weren't fighting humans, vampires, or others on their level. They big bads were all powerful demons who had the power to one-shot in some way or form, like the twins and whistler for example

Oooo! I like that lol.

#39 Edited by the_stegman (40235 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Angel and Faith was...okay, it didn't blow me away, but it was better than the Buffy series that was going on with it. I say find the trade if you can, see if you like it.

#40 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I have them already. I just have not got around to reading them yet.

#41 Posted by the_stegman (40235 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Read them then! lol, also, it seems like the next season of Angel might be more closely related to Buffy.

#42 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Read them then! lol, also, it seems like the next season of Angel might be more closely related to Buffy.

I will read them :p. Starting after I finish rewatching seasons 2 and 3 of Angel.

#43 Posted by the_stegman (40235 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

I will read them :p. Starting after I finish rewatching seasons 2 and 3 of Angel.

I just had to rewatch season 1 of Angel, had to write a paper about its themes. Such a good show.

#44 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: It was, it made me laugh so hard though how Doyle was such a "meh" character and they killed him in Episode 9! Yet he is still felt through the whole series and the occasional comic. I felt more pity for Lindsey.

#45 Edited by the_stegman (40235 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I love Wesley myself, his development was astounding. Same with Gunn, though I wish they used more of Team Angel in the comics, they're all but non existent.

#46 Posted by nick_hero22 (8690 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, he has done much better against more established foes like Iron Fist, Captain America, Shang-Chi, and etc.

#47 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22858 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, he has done much better against more established foes like Iron Fist, Captain America, Shang-Chi, and etc.

How can he have done 'much better' when Angel has never faced these characters?

#48 Edited by nick_hero22 (8690 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

The question you should be asking yourself is who has Angel fought that have comparable feats to those characters I listed.

#49 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

The question you should be asking yourself is who has Angel fought that have comparable feats to those characters I listed.

In his Universe that would be Buffy, Spike, Mahora Demon, Sid, The Beast, Conner, and few others.

Again this is a comment of "Marvel is bigger company, so they must be better skill as well" argument which is highly inaccurate.

#50 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I love Wesley myself, his development was astounding. Same with Gunn, though I wish they used more of Team Angel in the comics, they're all but non existent.

Wesly was my Favorite character thanks to Season 3 and onward. He became a true super bad ***.