andre johnson vs larry fitzgerald

Avatar image for krisboyz781
#1 Posted by krisboyz781 (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins

Avatar image for hawk
#2 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

Andre has several pounds on him.....I think the reach is the same. I go with AJ in a 3 round KO.

Avatar image for whacknasty
#3 Posted by whacknasty (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is tough...  I'll say if they had the same qb throwing to them, say Warner, then AJ would have have the better states over a season... He has the physical attributes to outright be the best wr in the league i think... 
 
in a fight, I have no idea...

Avatar image for whacknasty
#4 Posted by whacknasty (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

*stats*
Avatar image for king_saturn
#5 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio
Andre Johnson easy... he was born in Miami and he went to The U in college... how can you bet against that ?
Avatar image for pulsar
#6 Posted by Pulsar (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Fitz is less likely to disappear in a big game.
Avatar image for capall
#7 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll actually take fitz here, he is more athletic and can disrupt virtually any team's standard defense 

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#8 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

Andre Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now
Avatar image for drkhwk2001
#9 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4570 posts) - - Show Bio

Fitz, proven weapon, surest hands in the game right now.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio
I find it interesting that Fitz is getting so much play here when Andre had the better numbers of the two from last season... Andre cant help he plays for a lackluster team and didnt have the luxury of having another quality receiver on the other side of the field as Fitzgerald did with Boldin for the past 4 or 5 seasons to ease the load... 
Avatar image for capall
#11 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Andre Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now "
why do you say that? is it b/c he had more catches the last season only or is he just your preference?
 
fitz pretty much beats him in every category and has accomplished lot more in less yrs as well
Avatar image for the_huntsman
#12 Posted by The Huntsman (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"Calvin Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now "


I fixed it for you. lol This is more true than what you wrote.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#13 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Andre Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now "
why do you say that? is it b/c he had more catches the last season only or is he just your preference? fitz pretty much beats him in every category and has accomplished lot more in less yrs as well "
actually Andre had more catches and more yards than Fitzgerald did last year... plus he had a better ypc avg on the season... overall stat wise they are somewhat close actually... its just that Fitz has had a chance to perform in the Postseason... Andre has not... 
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#14 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Huntsman said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"Calvin Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now "
I fixed it for you. lol This is more true than what you wrote. "

LOL Calvin Johnson didn't even have 1,000 receiving yards last year.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#15 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Andre Johnson is definitely the best receiver in the game right now "
why do you say that? is it b/c he had more catches the last season only or is he just your preference? fitz pretty much beats him in every category and has accomplished lot more in less yrs as well "


Fitzgerald only averaged 11.3 YPC last year, which even Wes Welker was almost able to top. Andre Johnson averaged 15.5 YPC and has had over 1,500 receiving yards in each of the past two seasons. Can we say the same about Fitzgerald? Nope.  
Avatar image for the_huntsman
#16 Edited by The Huntsman (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder:
He got hurt last year. Now, answer me this. When has Andre Johnson ever played up to his potential in a big game? It's cool to have breakout games against the 49ers and Lions.  
Avatar image for capall
#17 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" I find it interesting that Fitz is getting so much play here when Andre had the better numbers of the two from last season... Andre cant help he plays for a lackluster team and didnt have the luxury of having another quality receiver on the other side of the field as Fitzgerald did with Boldin for the past 4 or 5 seasons to ease the load...  "
ha ha, i knew you'd come to andre's defense, the thing is tho i don't know if him playing in a mediocre team actually makes him worse, i've always believe when you play with better players you become better, i do think andre has sick potential to be even better, his best yr was last yr and in previous yrs he was only above average imo, tho if he had a another go getter his #s would probably go down but will be more effective, his team's success relies on the team's defense only since texan's can put up some #s in the offensive side 
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#18 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Huntsman said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder: He got hurt last year. "

He only missed two games, so that shouldn't have affected his overall numbers. Anquan Boldin started only 11 games in 2008, but still finished with 89 catches, over 1,000 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns.
Avatar image for capall
#19 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder: b/c he was hurt as the huntsman already addressed this, i like them both but andre has not been consistent as fitz thus far is all
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#20 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder: b/c he was hurt as the huntsman already addressed this, i like them both but andre has not been consistent as fitz thus far is all "

I already replied to that in the post above yours.
Avatar image for the_huntsman
#21 Posted by The Huntsman (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@The Huntsman said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder: He got hurt last year. "
He only missed two games, so that shouldn't have affected his overall numbers. Anquan Boldin started only 11 games in 2008, but still finished with 89 catches, over 1,000 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns. "

How are you gonna compare these two things? Arizona's offensive line is an NFL offensive line. The Lions is a pop-warner team offensive line. Kurt Warner was throwing the ball to Q. A very good vet with a high football IQ. Calvin had a developing rookie. You can't compare the two.

Avatar image for capall
#22 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

the only real question you must answer is this, who would you rather have in your team heading into the superbowl?

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#23 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Huntsman said:
"

@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@The Huntsman said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder: He got hurt last year. "
He only missed two games, so that shouldn't have affected his overall numbers. Anquan Boldin started only 11 games in 2008, but still finished with 89 catches, over 1,000 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns. "

How are you gonna compare these two things? Arizona's offensive line is an NFL offensive line. The Lions is a pop-warner team offensive line. Kurt Warner was throwing the ball to Q. A very good vet with a high football IQ. Calvin had a developing rookie. You can't compare the two.

"

You can't use that excuse either, since the Texans offensive line is mediocre as well (Matt Schaub was sacked 25 times last year). Once Calvin Johnson catches 100 balls and reaches 1,500 receiving yards in a single season, I'll actually put him up there with Dre.
Avatar image for the_huntsman
#24 Posted by The Huntsman (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@The Huntsman said:
"

@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@The Huntsman said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder: He got hurt last year. "
He only missed two games, so that shouldn't have affected his overall numbers. Anquan Boldin started only 11 games in 2008, but still finished with 89 catches, over 1,000 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns. "

How are you gonna compare these two things? Arizona's offensive line is an NFL offensive line. The Lions is a pop-warner team offensive line. Kurt Warner was throwing the ball to Q. A very good vet with a high football IQ. Calvin had a developing rookie. You can't compare the two.

"
You can't use that excuse either, since the Texans offensive line is mediocre as well (Matt Schaub was sacked 25 times last year). Once Calvin Johnson catches 100 balls and reaches 1,500 receiving yards in a single season, I'll actually put him up there with Dre. "

Being sacked only 25 times is good. And the Texans' line is way better than Detroit's. And the QB is better too. So you can't compare them. You still haven't answered my question. If AJ is that dude why doesn't he play to his potential? I can answer it for you. Because teams that suck play more teams that suck and the stats make you think they're really good. Andre johnson is the only Wideout worth anything on the Texans. The Cardinals had Breaston, Fitz, Q, as well as Hightower and Wells catching the ball. And they still have more receivers. Johnson doesn't have to deal with that so he gets to make his yards and look pretty. Fitz plays good in a big game. He doesn't shy away from the bright lights. Johnson is a very good receiver, but he's not the best until he can play and win when it counts. Since he hasn't done it let's not say that his better than someone who has.   
Avatar image for pulsar
#25 Posted by Pulsar (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, that boy good. lol