• 63 results
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wyldsong

The idea for this gauntlet came about when I started thinking about characters, and how they have improved over the years from their original showings. What I think a lot of people tend to overlook on the forums, is just how much a character has improved in power and ability over time. I still see to this day the occasional comment on how Spidey shouldn't be able to beat *insert character name here* due to having problems with such and such peak level/skilled characters. Some people tend to ignore the fact that characters can grow and improve over time, and Spidey is one such character. With that being said, for this gauntlet, I have picked characters/foes that Pete has had issues with or lost fights to in the past.

The exercise here is to think outside of his original encounters with these characters, and decide just how well Pete would fare against them in modern times...

No Caption Provided

The Rules: We are considering current Pete, with current gear, and WOTS training. All opponents are the most current, 616 versions unless otherwise noted. No prep for this bout, and opponents will start 100 feet away. This will be in character, with morals on, and win by any means. Standard gear for opponents unless otherwise noted. Basically, how well should Pete do in a one on one encounter with each opponent, and then, how far does he make it in the gauntlet itself? Pete will get a day of rest between each battle.

Round 1: Punisher

No Caption Provided

Frank gets a standard assortment of gear from his past bouts with Spidey.

Round 2: Taskmaster

No Caption Provided

Standard gear, no Udon tech.

Round 3: Puma

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Black Tarantula

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Lizard

No Caption Provided

Lizard is in control but is stable.

Round 6: Classic Kaine

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Classic Venom (Brock)

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Morlun

No Caption Provided

The Battlegrounds:

No Caption Provided

There are no bystanders within range/sight of the battle.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He should stop at Black Tarantula or Lizard.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wyldsong

@highaccuser said:

He should stop at Black Tarantula or Lizard.

Even considering current gear and WOTS? And how do you feel he does in individual one on one bouts?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I should stress I'm mostly coming from a basic knowledge standpoint and haven't seriously delved into Spider-Man but I'd say it's debatable if he could hurt or put down and his improvements wouldn't really make it possible for him to keep up with Lizard. I'm not sure what you mean with the next comment but I will say I don't share your perspective about character improvement for the most part.

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
spideyandslendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

stalemates morlun

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Stops at Morlun.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Morlun or clears.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@highaccuser said:

@wyldsong: I should stress I'm mostly coming from a basic knowledge standpoint and haven't seriously delved into Spider-Man but I'd say it's debatable if he could hurt or put down and his improvements wouldn't really make it possible for him to keep up with Lizard. I'm not sure what you mean with the next comment but I will say I don't share your perspective about character improvement for the most part.

The second comment, if we weren't looking at it as a gauntlet, but just one on one fights, where he faces each opponent at 100% physical health and readiness.

As for character improvement...I do think Pete has improved quite a bit, and many of his bouts should not end up the same as before, all things considered, but I'm not one to debate on my own threads, I am just looking to see what everyone else has to say. And I am not advocating these specific battles would end up differently either way, I am just curious as to everyone's thoughts on the subject with these characters=)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm not sure if I am current with my comics right now but if we are going with black tarantula the way he was depicted in the 90's I think Peter stops there as he theoretically can't hurt him. Maybe pressure points can work. I think he should stop at lizard but we'll see soon enough.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy said:

Stops at Morlun or clears.

stalemates morlun

He isn't stalemating or beating Morlun. I could maybe see a potential argument for making it to Morlun but he isn't going any further.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wyldsong
@jashro44 said:

Well I'm not sure if I am current with my comics right now but if we are going with black tarantula the way he was depicted in the 90's I think Peter stops there as he theoretically can't hurt him. Maybe pressure points can work. I think he should stop at lizard but we'll see soon enough.

What about one on one fights, without considering the gauntlet, and Pete is at 100% facing each one? With current tech and so on, are there any battles that would play out differently than they originally did?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Well I think one day of rest should be enough for Peter to be at full strength against black tarantula (Assuming he is at his peak). And if he can put black tarantula down with pressure points I think it would also be enough to be at full strength against lizard as well.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5, Lizard who should be above Kaine who Peter would have moderate trouble dealing with

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: Wasn't there something with BT getting taken out in Shadowland? My memory is far too fuzzy on that. He also recently lost a fight against Iron Fist. I think until proven otherwise though, pressure points would be a valid argument.

So all in all with at least pressure points considered, he still has the same outcome as in his original fights against the guys in rounds 6-8, one on one?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wyldsong

Stops at 5, Lizard who should be above Kaine who Peter would have moderate trouble dealing with

Being above Kaine is a debatable point. Believe me, I went through numerous threads trying to make up my mind on the issue. Classic Kaine was no joke.

Hardhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm Round 8 with Morlun could go either way. But he definitely reaches Round 8

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: oh i agree however for Spider-Man lizard would be the harder one to beat due to Regen,speed and durability

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: I can see it both ways, so I see what you are saying. It came down to a coin toss on those two in end for this thread=)

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure half the people in this thread aren't versed with Spidey, he's not getting past Eddie let alone Morlun both of whom have stomped spidey with little trouble, you could make a case to beat Eddie but for the majority it is highly unlikely

With Morlun however Peter would get stomped 100/100 times and have 0 chance to win.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure half the people in this thread aren't versed with Spidey, he's not getting past Eddie let alone Morlun both of whom have stomped spidey with little trouble, you could make a case to beat Eddie but for the majority it is highly unlikely

With Morlun however Peter would get stomped 100/100 times and have 0 chance to win.

I am behind on the current series, so I was curious if his current gear/tech would make up for any lost ground as opposed to his original battles. With prep, arguments could be made, but prep is a bit of a "cheat mode" for characters like Pete, so I left it out.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Royal_Warrior

@wyldsong: he'd stand better chance but Morlun is still well out his league

With Eddie may be the fan boy inside me but I'm pretty sure he'd still decimate Peter

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Generally I don't think too much about rest with gauntlets because that's too hard for me to factor in but I don't think it will be a factor here because his current armor should ensure he doesn't take any injuries except maybe against Puma.

I agree Spider-Man's growth can be observed through general showings and WOTS and Parker Tech are obvious improvements. I mainly just disagree that it's a factor overlooked for most characters because I personally can think of very few characters I'd say have improved without blatant power ups. I think people mistake arguably better showings for improvement too much.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

current spider man survived a fall from the orbit, in a tough fight he might stop in morlun or clears I think he clears.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wyldsong
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wyldsong

@g2_ said:

current spider man survived a fall from the orbit, in a tough fight he might stop in morlun or clears I think he clears.

Was this a straight impact, or were there other factors involved?

Do you or @jashro44 or anyone for that matter have scans of this?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I changed my mind. Morlun destroying adamantium is PIS. Peter clears.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Venom for a majority or if he has a really good day, Morlun.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By g2_

@wyldsong said:
@g2_ said:

Was this a straight impact, or were there other factors involved?

Do you or @jashro44 or anyone for that matter have scans of this?

no it wasn't a straight impact and he was very damaged but its still impressive.

and I do have scans.

http://imgur.com/a/QZySh

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I changed my mind. Morlun destroying adamantium is PIS. Peter clears.

it wasnt PIS.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By g2_
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: If he can break adamantium why the shockwaves of his punches didn't destroy the planet? Or how was Spider-man taking his punches?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Yup, I would call that impressive=)

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: morlun was toying with him and his punches did killed spiderman (so sad).

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Then why the shockwave of his punches didn't destroy the planet?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@krleavenger: you do know its a secondary adamantium right?

Didn't know that.Well it's ok then.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: If he has sonics as standard gear, he stops at Morlun.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GothamCiti

With Peter's current versatile gear, durable armor, and WotS, he might make it to Morlun who stomps him

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Peter's current versatile gear, durable armor, and WotS, he might make it to Morlun who stomps him

I don't think morlun wins at all.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original BT was Morlun-level badass but current got destroyed by Iron Fist in a side-plot fight.

Sonics are too much of a weakness for Venom. Kaine and Lizard are still big threats (in Shed, Lizard was beating Peter). Could beat Lizard (with a serum) and Kaine (with fists and special webbing) if he is lucky and has hero plot boost but Morlun stomps him hard.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jashro44

@g2_: In the future please follow the scan rule. Your post has been edited.

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: Wasn't there something with BT getting taken out in Shadowland? My memory is far too fuzzy on that. He also recently lost a fight against Iron Fist. I think until proven otherwise though, pressure points would be a valid argument.

So all in all with at least pressure points considered, he still has the same outcome as in his original fights against the guys in rounds 6-8, one on one?

Well how did iron fist beat him? To be fair Danny hits a lot harder than peter does. I remember him being stabbed by white tiger and he was choked out by shadow land daredevil.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original BT was Morlun-level badass but current got destroyed by Iron Fist in a side-plot fight.

Sonics are too much of a weakness for Venom. Kaine and Lizard are still big threats (in Shed, Lizard was beating Peter). Could beat Lizard (with a serum) and Kaine (with fists and special webbing) if he is lucky and has hero plot boost but Morlun stomps him hard.

Black Tarantula was never on Morlun's level. That isn't shed lizard in the OP either.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: scan rules? what is it? did I did something wrong?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then I change my mind again.If he doesn't play with him,Morlun would stomps Spider-man unless if he has something to be ready for Inherators.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers