Anakin Skywalker vs Luke Skywalker (Read OP)

Avatar image for necronomicon187
necronomicon187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By necronomicon187

Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi Timeline has stumbled upon a Time Machine, in his mind he thinks greatly about his father being good and still living, with an attempt to alter the past to change the course of the future Luke travels back to the timeline of Star Wars Episode 3 in order to stop his father from turning to the Dark side of the Force, when Luke arrives he makes it just in time before obi wan meets him on Mustafar, Luke lands on the Planet Corescant and confronts his father in his prime, now its up to Luke to defeat his father and keep him from joining the Darth Sidious. Can Luke overcome a youthful, cunning Anakin Skywalker? or will he fail in saving his father from turning to the Dark Side of the Force.  

Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Episode 3 

No Caption Provided

Luke Skywalker from Star Wars Episode 6 Return of the Jedi

No Caption Provided
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Which version of Luke? Luke from the original trilogy stands no chance against a young Vader. On the other hand, it is to my understanding that EU Luke has grown immensely in power in comparison to the films, even though I cannot account for it myself.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dane

At what time period is Luke from?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane

@Morpheus_ said:

" Which version of Luke? Luke from the original trilogy stands no chance against a young Vader. On the other hand, it is to my understanding that EU Luke has grown immensely in power in comparison to the films, even though I cannot account for it myself. "

Grand Master Luke would obliterate even Palpatine in his prime.

He defeated Palpatine while the latter was in a young cloned body, years and years before becoming Grand Master.
necronomicon187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By necronomicon187
@Morpheus_:@Dane: This is Anakin Skywalker from Revenge of the Sith vs Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi, i thought the pic of luke i posted would be enough but sorry for the misunderstanding anyway
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dane said:
"  @Morpheus_ said:

" Which version of Luke? Luke from the original trilogy stands no chance against a young Vader. On the other hand, it is to my understanding that EU Luke has grown immensely in power in comparison to the films, even though I cannot account for it myself. "

Grand Master Luke would obliterate even Palpatine in his prime.  He defeated Palpatine while the latter was in a young cloned body, years and years before becoming Grand Master. "
Dark Empire isn't it? One of the few SW comics I've read.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@necronomicon187 said:
" @Morpheus_:@Dane: This is Anakin Skywalker from Revenge of the Sith vs Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi, i thought the pic of luke i posted would be enough but sorry for the misunderstanding anyway "
No problem, just making sure.

Vader would win. Far superior training, much greater experience, and force mastery, and by far a more skilful duelist. Overconfidence is Vader's only flaw, yet I don't see Luke taking advantage of it.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dane
@Morpheus_:  I believe so.

@necronomicon187: Probably a solid win for Anakin. Luke Skywalker in ROTJ simply didn't have the speed or skill that Anakin did in ROTS.
necronomicon187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By necronomicon187
@Morpheus_:@Dane: Thanks for your thoughts and opinions on this subject, i have been wanting to know about this for a long time lol, but in my honest opinion i think Luke from ROTJ would give Anakin from ROTS a really good fight and may possibly get a victory if he plays his cards right lol.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theiconic

luke would win   he beat a veteran anakin as Darth vader.......... he could  beat  darth anakin prob much easyer

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Dane said: 
Grand Master Luke would obliterate even Palpatine in his prime.  He defeated Palpatine while the latter was in a young cloned body, years and years before becoming Grand Master. "
No, he did not. He only defeated Sidious because Leia helped him through Force Harmony. Had she not done that, Luke would have lost to him again. I agree that he could beat Sidious in his prime, but he never beat him on his own in Dark Empire. 
mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mira

Anakin should win.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@mira said:

" Anakin should win. "

No...... 

(Still waiting for someone to call me out on this. I am just looking for a debate. :P)
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dane
@Silver2467 said:
" @Dane said: 
No, he did not. He only defeated Sidious because Leia helped him through Force Harmony. Had she not done that, Luke would have lost to him again. I agree that he could beat Sidious in his prime, but he never beat him on his own in Dark Empire.  "

Aye, I didn't say it was without help. Sorry if it came off that way. But even in Dark Empire I'd put his duelling skills above anything Anakin achieved.
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrbobdobalina

Anakin from movie 3 versus Luke from movie 6? I'd give it to Anakin.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@Dane said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Dane said: 
No, he did not. He only defeated Sidious because Leia helped him through Force Harmony. Had she not done that, Luke would have lost to him again. I agree that he could beat Sidious in his prime, but he never beat him on his own in Dark Empire.  "
Aye, I didn't say it was without help. Sorry if it came off that way. But even in Dark Empire I'd put his duelling skills above anything Anakin achieved. "
Oh. I thought that was what you meant. My mistake then. I agree. His demonstration of lightsaber combat up to Dark Empire and in Dark Empire itself was above Anakin. 
Avatar image for trainer_gabriel
Trainer_Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Trainer_Gabriel

I think it would be a close fight, with Anakin winning in the end.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sherlock

Anakin would win this with the specification stated above

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Luke should win.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Anakin talked a big game, but really, what did he do? Luke was able to use reverse Dun Moch on one of the most evil Sith ever, fight Vader competitively after no formal training whatsoever and, in RotJ, beat him with considerable ease after boomeranging Dun Moch.

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MutieLover

Just based on the two movies, Anakin would destroy Luke. Anakin was like 9-10 when he began his training and was trained by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan for 10 + years. He has held his own against force users and armadas of robots. Luke received like two-days of training from Obi-Wan before he died and was with Yoda for...a week? He barely held his own against his father and the Emperor, only winning by touching the heart of his dad.

Avatar image for mrachakravartin
MRAChakravartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Anakin takes this. But if it's Grandmaster Luke Skywalker then he wins this pretty easily since he is the most powerful Jedi.

@dane said:

@Morpheus_

Grand Master Luke would obliterate even Palpatine in his prime.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

anakin ftw he was a beast no offense luke

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Edude117

Anakin would win only because he's going up against a kid who had about a week of formal training. Anakin was a Jedi Knight that fought and stalemated Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi in terms of Force AND lightsaber combat.. And since both Luke and Anakin have the same Force potential, Anakin'll have the upper hand 'cause of his training and experience. Also, since Anakin has already turned to the Dark Side, he'd be much more bloodlusted than Luke. Anakin wins 9.5/10 times.

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@edude117: I don't know how you got 9.5/10. When Luke already defeated a peak Anakin decisively in RoTJ. Anakin pre suit Mustafar/RoTS=Vader in RoTJ timeline. Power and skill wise(with Vader having a clearer consciousness and improved precision skill) . In mind this is Stalemate due to what I posted above. However.I'll wait to hear @silver2467, @jedixman,@dccomicsrule2011, and @shootingnova's opinions.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@jedixman: so you're just going ignore me bro? jk lol

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a very hard time seeing Luke winning just one fight against a faster, stronger, more powerful and effecient swordsman whose vast array of Force energies surpass even those of his own [perhaps], and gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthquake_2123 said:

@edude117: I don't know how you got 9.5/10. When Luke already defeated a peak Anakin decisively in RoTJ. Anakin post suit Mustafar/RoTS=Vader in RoTJ timeline. Power and skill wise(with Vader having a clearer consciousness and improved precision skill) . In mind this is Stalemate due to what I posted above. However.I'll wait to hear @silver2467, @jedixman,@dccomicsrule2011, and @shootingnova's opinions.

1) Darth Vader never wanted to kill his son. He just wanted to turn him to the Dark Side via torture (emotional or physical) and/or brainwashing.

2) Where the hell did you get the idea that Vader is Anakin at his peak? Hell to the no. Vader lost like 70% of his Force power because of that accident back on Mustafar. And since he was always so depressed about, y'know, everything, even Sidious said that he was considerably weaker. Yes, you're right that Luke defeated Vader and cut off the poor dudes arm in Ep. VI, but again, that's because Vader was weaker than in RotS (his whole body was burned... and he lost his arms and legs) and because he wasn't blood lusted (Vader and Sidious did not want Luke dead). Since Luke is gonna fight Anakin right before Anakin was supposed to fight Obi-Wan on Mustafar... Luke loses pretty badly. Anakin was able to stalemate Obi-Wan Kenobi, arguably one of the most powerful and skilled Jedi Masters to have ever existed. Not to mention how he was so blood lusted, he wanted to kill his "brother/father" (Obi-Wan) and he choked out the pregnant love-of-his-life. I think this random ass kid Anakin see's who claims to be his future son will just piss him off further. Luke, despite him being one of my favorite Force users ever, loses this one.

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By krompo

@edude117:

Not that big on star wars but still:

1: ROST Anakin is beyond ROTS Kenobi. He only lost because his emotions clouded his judgement and made him reckless.

2: Vader lost some power no doubt but not 70%. Also, his powers will still have developed but just not as much as they would have.

I always assumed Vader sucked going off the films but in a Dooku vs Vader thread I saw recently Silver had them fighting as equals.

This is a list of Vader feats taken from that thread:

• beaten the Dark Woman
  • beaten Celeste Morne
  • beaten Roan Shryne
  • fought as an equal with Darth Maul
  • fought as an equal with Luke
  • fought as an equal with Obi-Wan (whose skills had increased since Mustafar)
  • effortlessly beaten five or six Jedi, two to three at a time in succession (basically a gauntlet of Jedi)
  • beaten four out of eight Jedi; one of them killed another; the last three defeated Vader by combining their powers to hurl objects at him (this was shortly after RotS; so Vader was still new to his armor and substantially grew in power and skill later on)
  • beaten countless other individual no-name Jedi and Dark Jedi (Bol Chatak, Sha Koon, Sardoth, Hylon, etc.)
Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Edude117

@krompo said:

@edude117:

Not that big on star wars but still:

1: ROST Anakin is beyond ROTS Kenobi. He only lost because his emotions clouded his judgement and made him reckless.

2: Vader lost some power no doubt but not 70%. Also, his powers will still have developed but just not as much as they would have.

I always assumed Vader sucked going off the films but in a Dooku vs Vader thread I saw recently Silver had them fighting as equals.

This is a list of Vader feats taken from that thread:

• beaten the Dark Woman
  • beaten Celeste Morne
  • beaten Roan Shryne
  • fought as an equal with Darth Maul
  • fought as an equal with Luke
  • fought as an equal with Obi-Wan (whose skills had increased since Mustafar)
  • effortlessly beaten five or six Jedi, two to three at a time in succession (basically a gauntlet of Jedi)
  • beaten four out of eight Jedi; one of them killed another; the last three defeated Vader by combining their powers to hurl objects at him (this was shortly after RotS; so Vader was still new to his armor and substantially grew in power and skill later on)
  • beaten countless other individual no-name Jedi and Dark Jedi (Bol Chatak, Sha Koon, Sardoth, Hylon, etc.)

The 70% thing was an over exaggeration to prove a point. And I do not believe RotS Anakin is beyond RotS Obi-Wan. The only reason Obi-Wan seemed to be losing that whole fight was, again, because Anakin went completely berserk and wanted Obi-Wan dead. Obi-Wan didn't want to hurt Anakin. The whole time, he was hoping Anakin would snap out of it. In the end, he had to do what he had to do, though

And I never said Vader sucked. In fact, I made a Dr. Doom vs. Vader thread a while back (came to realize just how much I underestimated Doom xD). I can't possibly think Vader sucks when I pair him up with powerhouses like that. Also, I remember reading that Vader was eight-tenths of what the Emperor was in RotJ. That's pretty damn powerful.

Again, I am not saying Luke beat Vader because Vader sucks. Luke beat Vader because Vader wasn't blood lusted like Luke was in that battle. Vader did not want to hurt his son. Plus, he was so emotionally conflicted on who to listen to at that time (Sidious or Luke) that he wasn't as "in" the battle as Luke was. And I'm sure Vader underestimated Luke. By a couple hundred miles.

I do not believe RotJ Luke would stalemate RotS Obi-Wan like Anakin did because Luke was not as good of a lightsaber duelist (having learned the very basics of Form V from a duel with his father) as Obi-Wan or Anakin at the time and his Force prowess was strong, but undisciplined and unstable, but I'm sure that despite all that, JediXMan or Silver will pull up a comic strip or something that proves me wrong. Ignoring the, in my opinion, blatant facts of RotJ Luke's inferiority to Anakin and Obi-Wan, my point is, the victor of this battle comes down to the circumstances. And since we know that Anakin was already converted to the Dark Side and was border-line insane, Luke would lose. Also, Luke went back in time to prevent Anakin from turning to the Dark Side. I'm pretty sure he would want to refrain from killing Anakin for as long as possible. That would give Anakin, who's going nuts, the upper hand.

And, also, for the Dooku vs. Vader thread, I'm sure they were using the EU versions of both. Movie Vader/Anakin and EU Vader/Anakin are two very different monsters. Jsing.... However, Vader, imo, would buttr*pe Dooku. lol Regardless of whether we're using the movie versions or EU versions.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying that Vader held back is a contradicting consensus to what canon sources have implied.

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117:

I didn't mean you thought Vader sucks, I just meant I thought he did.

I dont have the time to do a full response right now but I will get round to it later.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthquake_2123: that three year bump though. Oh and if you want jedixman and silvers opinion they already posted way up at the top. Oh and silver just made a blog about people always calling him out so i doubt they will respond but hey it's not impossible.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krompo said:

@edude117:

I didn't mean you thought Vader sucks, I just meant I thought he did.

I dont have the time to do a full response right now but I will get round to it later.

Alright, sweet.

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By krompo

@edude117:

Just a little disclaimer: I have never read any EU material and am happy to be proven wrong. Any info I use is taken from other debates.

I remember coming out of the cinema after seeing ROTS and really liking the final duel. I liked to think it basically embodied brains vs brawn, with Anakin having more offensive power and skill but was reckless whereas Obi Wan had an excellent defence and more wisdom. Thus Anakin lost through his arrogance despite superior skill. I remember thinking it would have been better if Obi won through intelligence, rather than Anakin's stupidity (like in the novel where Obi-Wan tricks him I think) but overall I thought it was great.

That is why this duel is my least favourite aspect of the EU because in the EU it is basically a mismatch.

Sidious had had enough. "No, you weren't," he said. "So just imagine what Yoda might have done to you." He flung his words with brutal honesty. "Obi-Wan triumphed because he went to Mustafar with a single intention in mind: to kill Darth Vader. If the Jedi Order had showed such resolute intention, if it had remained focused on what needed to be done rather than on fears of the dark side, it might have proved more difficult to topple and eradicate. You and I might have lost everything. Do you understand?"

But Vader remembered.

Remembered being in thrall of what he had done in Palpatine's office. Watching the old man plead for his life; listening to the old man promising that only he had the power to save Padme; rushing to his defense. Sith lightning hurling an astonished Mace Windu through what had been a window...

Anakin kneeling before Sidious and being dubbed Vader.

Go to the Jedi Temple,

Sidious had said.

We will catch them off balance. Do what must be done, Lord Vader Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padme.

And so he had gone to the Temple.

Instrument of the same resolute intent that had carried Obi-Wan to Mustafar with one goal in mind: death to the enemy.

But even Sidious hadn't foreseen Anakin's defeat by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar.Anakin had still been between worlds then, and vulnerable.

This is from the rise of Darth Vader.

I think he probably was bloodlust but in a way that hindered, rather than helped, like the kind you would find at a drunken bar brawl.

Vader was holding back yes, but it is impossible to say he would have won if he wasn't because from when he became blood lusted he beat Vader in just over 30 seconds which in Star wars shows a mismatched dual (like Dooku vs Obi-Wan in AOTC). Also, Luke's rage looked to me to be similar to Anakin's on Mustafar: some of his swings go no where near Vader and the end he is just madly slashing at Vader for a significant period of time when he was vulnerable. Even at the beginning when both were holding back Luke looked on top to me.

Vader certainly wasn't fighting to his true potential, I just think that you can't assume he would have won if he was.

Luke's progression doesn't really make sense when compared to the prequels because I doubt Lucas had decided Jedi would be trained for 10 years. However, Luke did go on to become far more powerful than any other Jedi we see so I suppose it makes sense that he would develop faster.

Anakin's insanity would do him no favours.

As for Dooku vs Vader, I dont know enough about the EU to comment but as for movie versions, I will always say prequels beats original because if you sat down and watched the films chronologically with no EU knowledge, what you would get is bunch of highly trained warriors in the prequels (as shown by the duelling speed) and an old man, a robot and an apprentice in the originals who's skills are way below prequel characters. I know this is down to technology limitations but going purely of the movies, can anybody really argue that the Obi-Wan that duelled Vader on the Death Star could hold his own against ROTS Obi-Wan?

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Intrepid37

The idea that Vader held back in RotJ is not only unsupported, but flat out wrong. He only held back evident power [telekinesis, Alter Environment, etc.], not dueling skill. The official novelization has Vader musing that he's ready to kill Luke, and the comic adaption and Fight Saber notes that they were equal in raw skill.

From Return of the Jedi:

'You are unwise to lower your defenses,' Vader warned. His anger was layered, now - he did not want to win if the boy was not battling to the fullest. But if winning meant he had to kill a boy who wouldn't fight... then he could do that, too. Only he wanted Luke to be aware of those consequences. He wanted Luke to know this was no longer just a game. This was Darkness.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

more powerful

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37:

I have a very hard time seeing Luke winning just one fight against a faster,

I agree with this, Anakin does have slight speed advantage, but Luke is not very very far off.

stronger,

Debatable, Luke strength feats are just as good, if not better then Anakin's.

more powerful

Agreed. Anakin's TK far exceeds anything I've seen from Luke, but Luke's range and precision with TK surpasses Anakin's. Luke has the TP department, though.

and efficient swordsman

I disagree. Luke dueling feats surpasses Anakin's imo. Dueling as an equal with Vader (who was superior to his old self in that regard) beating Lumiya, stalemating Flint,;etc surpasses Anakin's dueling feats imo.

whose vast array of Force energies surpass even those of his own [perhaps],

I agree Anakin has more raw power then Luke, but I would say Luke has shown more finesse with the Force then his father did.

All this being said, I'm giving Luke the slight majority here 5 and a half to 6/10

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Intrepid37

@dccomicsrule2011: I can't properly quote specific parts of a post on this forum. Just can't figure it out. The system with the grey lines out to the left is really confusing. For now, I'm just gonna bold your [and, if a debate rises, anyones elses] text so it's easy for you to see my response. Hopefully the result won't be too hard to read.

I agree with this, Anakin does have slight speed advantage, but Luke is not very very far off.

Not enough that he can't contend with Anakin, of course. For Luke's speed, I don't recall too much. As I said, I have only read four novels regarding him and all have only been read once. I distinctly recall that he has drawn blurring ''curtains'' out of his lightsabers movements and deflected blaster bolts ''faster than thought'', but that's it. Regardless, Anakin has produced enough blurring trails to almost encasen himself, moved his lightsaber so fast that he created afterimages, moved it fast enough to produce a blurring haze covering Dooku's entire vision, etc. It's a definite advantage.

Debatable, Luke strength feats are just as good, if not better then Anakin's.

Hardly. Luke has had Vader on his back, but Anakin has teared apart droids with his hands, held Ventress' wrists so hard that she was forced to drop her lightsaber, slammed his lightsaber against Ventress' own so hard that the stone floor beneath cracked and eventually shattered completely.

Agreed. Anakin's TK far exceeds anything I've seen from Luke, but Luke's range and precision with TK surpasses Anakin's.

According to whom?

Luke has the TP department, though

Perhaps, but then, when has Luke ever used his telepathic abilities in a fight, much less as his prefered attack?

I disagree. Luke dueling feats surpasses Anakin's imo. Dueling as an equal with Vader (who was superior to his old self in that regard) beating Lumiya, stalemating Flint,;etc surpasses Anakin's dueling feats imo.

First off, Vader is not a superior swordsman to Anakin, not even close. Second, I would like feats for Lumiya and Flint making them noteworthy. Third, Anakin has consistently beaten/stalemated Dooku in TCW, who is already a more proficient swordsman than Vader.

I agree Anakin has more raw power then Luke, but I would say Luke has shown more finesse with the Force then his father did.

That won't really matter.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@intrepid37:

Not enough that he can't contend with Anakin, of course. For Luke's speed, I don't recall too much. As I said, I have only read four novels regarding him and all have only been read once. I distinctly recall that he has drawn blurring ''curtains'' out of his lightsabers movements and deflected blaster bolts ''faster than thought'', but that's it. Regardless, Anakin has produced enough blurring trails to almost encasen himself, moved his lightsaber so fast that he created afterimages, moved it fast enough to produce a blurring haze covering Dooku's entire vision, etc. It's a definite advantage.

I'm not saying Luke's speed is better then Anakin's but his speed is definitely up there with Anakin's

Luke sees TIE Fighters which are flying at sublight speeds in slow motion:

Luke reached out. The Force was here, as it was everywhere, and it was no harder to touch deep in space than it was in the swamps on Dagobah. He let it fill him. The TIE fighters suddenly seemed to be moving slower. Luke’s hands flew over the controls; he moved the stick with sharp and precise movements. Swung to his starboard and lit the lasers, double-tapped the fire button.

Lines of fire lanced out and shattered one, two of the four TIE fighters. The explosion spat a hard spray of wreckage at him as Luke looped away. Shards of the destroyed TIEs sleeted against the X-wing’s transparisteel canopy, a meal and plastic hail.

--Taken from Shadows of the Empire

Here he moves faster the the eye could see:

He moved faster than S’ybll could keep track of him, and jumped over and behind a fragment of a broken lintel.

--Taken from A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker

Here Luke deflects fire from a dozen shooters:

When a man comes at you with a blaster spewing, you don't stand there asking stupid questions. Luke snatched his lightsaber from his belt, lit it, and whipped it up in a right inward block as he slid to the side. A blaster bolt splashed from the blade in a shower of red and orange sparks. The air stank suddenly of ozone. The techs were unarmed, and Luke saw two of them take hits and go down. The others scrambled for cover.

Koth Melan produced a small weapon and returned fire, hitting the lead attacker right between the eyes. The attacker fell backward. There were more behind him, boiling through the shattered doorway. Luke leaped forward, circled his lightsaber into a horizontal slash, and took down the next man through the door. Melan fired. The bolt sizzled past Luke's left ear and hit the third man incoming.

Beyond that, Luke saw, there were at least a dozen more shooters crowding toward the doorway. Maybe more. It wasn't as if he had time to do a precise count here—

More energy beams cooked the air, scorching past Luke and spearing computer consoles and technicians alike.

"Too many of them!" Melan yelled. "This way!"

Luke wove a curtain of hard light with his blade, deflecting blaster bolts and driving the attackers back temporarily.

--Taken from Shadows of the Empire

Luke has also created after images with his blade on numerous occasions here is just one:

No Caption Provided

I agree Anakin encasing himself in light is a feat Luke has not replicated, granted I'll give you that, but it's not something that something that completely out classes Luke's.

You also have to take into account that Anakin has multiple blades at the time of that feat (didn't't he or am I wrong? =O) while in Shadows of the Empire, Luke only had one. You also have to consider the fact that there is a number of things that goes into blurring image feats such as Anakin's and Luke's. (Lighting, artist interpretation, multiple blades;etc,etc)

In other words or course Anakin is faster then Luke, but it's nothing Luke can't contend with. Because the margin is nowhere near as big as you're making it out to be.

Hardly. Luke has had Vader on his back, but Anakin has teared apart droids with his hands, held Ventress' wrists so hard that she was forced to drop her lightsaber, slammed his lightsaber against Ventress' own so hard that the stone floor beneath cracked and eventually shattered completely.

Luke has preformed hand stands for an entire hour, he has performed a finger stand with minimal difficulty, he has broken through metal restraints that was stated to be impossible for someone of his stature. Those are, at least comparable to Anakin's feats.

According to whom?

According to canon? Well actually it's my opinion but that much should have been obvious.

Luke has activated several explosive devices across Cloud City, that showed great precision and range, surpassing anything I know of Anakin's best feat of precision is pulling out metal shards that was lodged into Obi-Wan's arm, that was so close to his nerves that even trained medical droids couldn't do it with out risking damaging Ben's nerves. Now one can debate that feat shows better precision then Luke's but the range is not there.

Perhaps, but then, when has Luke ever used his telepathic abilities in a fight, much less as his prefered attack?

The thing about these Star Wars threads is usually me and Silver break down everything about the combatants no matter how irrelevant a power may be. TP won't come into to play, neither will it be a problem for Anakin if it did, just thought wanted to break this match up down to every detail. I apologize if it seemed irrelevant to you. =/

First off, Vader is not a superior swordsman to Anakin,not even close.

To me he is. He shows more adroitness and finesse in his battles then Anakin does imo.

He has defeated an amped up resurrected Maul, defeated more then half a dozen Jedi simultaneously, defeated Dark Women, defeated Rone Shryne;etc These feats surpasses Anakin's imo.

Second, I would like feats for Lumiya and Flint making them noteworthy.

I'm going to have to go back and dig through some of their showing. These guys are not popular at all on Comicvine so I don't keep there showing close to me at all.

Third, Anakin has consistently beaten/stalemated Dooku in TCW, who is already a more proficient swordsman than Vader.

I don't think Dooku is more efficient then Vader.

And a good reason for Anakin beating Dooku is because Makashi users struggle with the strength of a Djem So user as powerful as Anakin. Several sources have made this clear and so has ROTS. If you put the strength advantage aside, Dooku is Anakin's superior in the dueling department

To reiterate my point, Mace was stated several times bu canon to be second only to Yoda as a duelist and him and Dooku has been stated, by the same source to be equal with Dooku.

If Anakin was really better then Dooku, or at least even when him in terms of dueling as you put it, he should have, in that same source, been stated to be equal with them, but he was not.

That won't really matter.

Again, me arguing semantics again, but adroitness does matter, especially when you can use your powers to do creative things with it.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and Luke fails. It becomes the newest hit on Failarmy.com. Luke has trouble with a weakened Vader who is holding back. Anakin would decimate Luke.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By Erkan12

Without any urge or encourage (like Vader told Luke, Leia may join darkside or Anakin used his aggressiveness on Dooku cos of dun moch) they well-matched.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Earthquake_2123
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and Luke fails. It becomes the newest hit on Failarmy.com. Luke has trouble with a weakened Vader who is holding back. Anakin would decimate Luke.

Don't make up information. Vader was never holding back, until you can prove it with relevant evidence, and Luke outright stalemated him.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: George Lucas stated that he was holding back in an interview. Anyways, Anakin was tougher when he still arms and legs. He was fiercer, he had better saber skills and more raw force power.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL I love when people say "George Lucas said this..." without providing a shred of proof...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShootingNova

@generator2000: Show me this interview. Because claiming Lucas said this or that is not evidence.