Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapitolPunishment

This incarnation of Anakin is from episode 2 right before he battled the Count.

Darth Maul from episode 1.

Anakin has two light sabres, Maul had his double bladed sabre.

No prep, standard morals, to the death.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fetts

I like Darth Maul better but I have to give it to Anakin. He's killed more challenging opponents.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trodorne

Yeah Maul was better over all. he let his guard down with obi won and just stood there. if he took what happened there from that fight and applied it to anakin then i think Maul would win.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467

Anakin. 

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Both are down right arrogant a-holes so both will be underestimating their enemy. I still give this to Anakin. Proof? Silver said so. :D

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@ssejllenrad said:

I still give this to Anakin. Proof? Silver said so. :D "

Haha.
Seriously, for a real argument, Anakin is faster.

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

...Anakin worked the two blades in perfect harmony, spinning them over and about with blinding speed and precision.

--Taken from the Attack of the Clones novel

He should also be a better telekinetic (he has some TK feats by this point, but most of his best ones were accomplished during the Clone Wars, after this incarnation of Anakin). He also has comparable versatility by this point (Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Trick, Beast Control, Speed, Jump, etc.). Maul could make it interesting because I would favor him in a contest of raw skill, but in overall power, Anakin should take it.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Drache64

MAUL. from the EU, Maul would "maul" anakin.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tank.
@Edamame said:

" I recall Darth Vader and Darth Maul engaging each other once.  Darth Vader was victorious.  Also, Anakin Skywalker would definitely defeat Darth Maul.  "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Drache64

this is anakin vs Maul.

Maul went toe to toe with Qui-Gon AND Obi-wan.

Qui-gon was able to fight WINDU as an equal and Obi-Wan (despite being only a padawn at the time) was a top rate jedi.

Anakin fought Dooku alone (very briefly) and lost an arm. the best saber duelists in that time period were:

Windu, Yoda, Dooku, and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Maul fought 2 great jedi and killed 1/2. not a victory, but a great feat of saber skill.

Anakin fought 1 great jedi, with another great jedi helping him. he lost.

that was 2 vs 1 in his favor and he lost, and you give it to ANAKIN!?

Maul doesn't STOMP, but he sure does get out w/o a scratch, and kills anakin so he can't  cry about it later.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Tank. said:
" @Edamame said:

" I recall Darth Vader and Darth Maul engaging each other once.  Darth Vader was victorious.  Also, Anakin Skywalker would definitely defeat Darth Maul.  "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
This comic was really a interesting one. I must say though, If Vader can beat him then Anakin could really beat him  bad if you think about it. Anakin could beat Dooku and he was stronger with the force and had more skill and experience than him. Anakin mauls him.
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tank.
@Edamame said:
" Thanks for the scans. They both won/lost, then.  "
Any time.
Pretty much how I see it to.

As for the battle. I don't think this is a stomp either way. Whoever does win, will have had to work for it.
I'm inclined to give Anakin 6/10 possibly 7. Because of how much stronger in the force he is.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By demifiend

anakin

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467

Vader beat Maul by cheap-shotting him. Maul could and likely would have won otherwise. Regardless, this is ABC logic, because Vader's combat form is very different from Anakin's. Also, Maul was beating Vader because of greater speed and agility, but Anakin is faster than Maul anyway.

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By departed402

Anakin beats Maul. I think Anakin would do better than Vader anyway. Plus he has two sabers whereas Maul only has a double-bladed one. According to Darth Bane's original lightsaber combat instructor, Kas'im, staff sabers can be easy to overcome once you understand how they work. Knowing the location of one blade automatically tells you the location of the other, and of course the person has to be careful not to chop themselves in halh. Kas'im who was one of the greatest saberist of the age believed two sabers were difficult to master, but the best way to go because it's unpredictable and fast. Kas'im even ended up using two sabers when he fought Darth Bane. Bane was losing until he got fancy with his TK abilities.

Anakin was a beast with two sabers, and don't get me wrong, Maul was good, but Anakin wins. Anakin will be quicker, and his attacks will be harder to predict. All of this of course aside from the fact that Anakin has arguably Force showings.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@departed402 said:
"

Anakin beats Maul. I think Anakin would do better than Vader anyway. Plus he has two sabers whereas Maul only has a double-bladed one. According to Darth Bane's original lightsaber combat instructor, Kas'im, staff sabers can be easy to overcome once you understand how they work. Knowing the location of one blade automatically tells you the location of the other, and of course the person has to be careful not to chop themselves in halh. Kas'im who was one of the greatest saberist of the age believed two sabers were difficult to master, but the best way to go because it's unpredictable and fast. Kas'im even ended up using two sabers when he fought Darth Bane. Bane was losing until he got fancy with his TK abilities.

Anakin was a beast with two sabers, and don't get me wrong, Maul was good, but Anakin wins. Anakin will be quicker, and his attacks will be harder to predict. All of this of course aside from the fact that Anakin has arguably Force showings.

"
There is nothing to suggest that two individual sabers>double-bladed lightsaber. It depends entirely on the user, and Kas'im's comment regarded basically everything. He said that once you understood how any given combat form functioned and what its strengths and weaknesses were, then you could combat them better. 

And Bane was winning at first against Kas'im in a duel. He only started losing once Kas'im switched forms to confuse him. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cascadeking09
@Silver2467 said:
" Anakin.  "
This.
@ssejllenrad said:
" Both are down right arrogant a-holes so both will be underestimating their enemy. I still give this to Anakin. Proof? Silver said so. :D "

What about Darth Maul says he's arrogant?
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nefarious

Anakin wins with a passion.

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By departed402

@Silver2467:
That's right! Kas'im did start off against Bane with his sabers connected at first. It's all coming back now. Still, once Kas'im switched to his trump style Bane was on the defensive. Part of it was probably that Bane hadn't faced someone using two sabers. I doubt Bane would have won a straight up saber fight with Kas'im with dual sabers though. I agree that is depends more on the individual. The benefit of using a single saber is putting all your strength into it, whereas with the a staff and dual sabers the emphasis is speed over strength.

I would argue that due to the more predictable nanture of the staff that having two sabers provides a slight edge. Obviously just because someone has two sabers doesn't mean they'll win over a staff wielder, but in a close fight I think it could make a difference.
That's just my personal feelings and reasoning on the subject of dual sabers vs staffsaber.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Drache64

@departed402:
i agree. its all dependant upon the indavidual. Anakin isn't really skilled with two sabers and thats why he lost an arm last time he tried. In this fight, anakin would probably lose one of the sabers and it would be a double bladed vs a single lightsaber. now anakin is an EXCELLENT swordsman with a single bladed and maul has a habit of getting his staff broken in half, so im saying maul will probably lose on side of his staff (the chances of a staff having both sides working when broken is VERY slim). So in single bladed to single bladed, im a bit confused on who to pick.

looking at the two:

Maul:

trained from age 6 to kill jedi.

extremely athletic and trained in hand to hand combat.

- doesn't focus on force abilities as much.

- arrogant.

Anakin:

Is the chosen one.

athletic but not as much as maul.

brilliant war hero.

- arrogant.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Trodorne

Your only as talented as the script that is written.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@departed402 said:

Part of it was probably that Bane hadn't faced someone using two sabers.

This is exactly why. It was stated specifically in the book.

The benefit of using a single saber is putting all your strength into it, whereas with the a staff and dual sabers the emphasis is speed over strength.

Not all single saber lightsaber forms are dependent or even related to physical strength. In fact, some are about defensive capability and swiftness.

But that aside, there is still nothing to merit the suggestion a lightsaber or a dual-bladed lightsaber are better or worse than the other. Both have advantages and disadvantages. 
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Anakin, he's got too many powers.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Drache64 said:
"

this is anakin vs Maul.

Maul went toe to toe with Qui-Gon AND Obi-wan.

Qui-gon was able to fight WINDU as an equal and Obi-Wan (despite being only a padawn at the time) was a top rate jedi.

Anakin fought Dooku alone (very briefly) and lost an arm. the best saber duelists in that time period were:

Windu, Yoda, Dooku, and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Maul fought 2 great jedi and killed 1/2. not a victory, but a great feat of saber skill.

Anakin fought 1 great jedi, with another great jedi helping him. he lost.

that was 2 vs 1 in his favor and he lost, and you give it to ANAKIN!?

Maul doesn't STOMP, but he sure does get out w/o a scratch, and kills anakin so he can't  cry about it later.

"
Where are these scans from?
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question @jedixman or @dccomicsrule2011, what is the condition of canon for Maul and vader fight? Wasnt Maul dead after the clone wars?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Question @jedixman or @dccomicsrule2011, what is the condition of canon for Maul and vader fight? Wasnt Maul dead after the clone wars?

That was a doppelganger of Maul, not actually Maul.

Happened in Star Wars: Tales #9.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@cadencev2 said:

So a truly inferior Maul then?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@cadencev2 said:

That's debatable.

Personally, I think that TCW will retcon it to say that it was the real Maul, but we'll see.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@cadencev2 said:

@jedixman said:
@cadencev2 said:

That's debatable.

Personally, I think that TCW will retcon it to say that it was the real Maul, but we'll see.

Cool.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Carter_esque

Anakin wins.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins. He's not as fast, but is more tactically cunning, durable, skilled and comparably powerful if not moreso.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

@jedixman: I'm pretty sure TCW Maul is the real Maul.

The one Vader faced was a doppleganger.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I'm pretty sure TCW Maul is the real Maul.

The one Vader faced was a doppleganger.

I know. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm making the theory that they will retcon Resurrection so that the story is about the real Maul fighting Vader, not a doppelganger. I'm not saying that TCW Maul is a doppelganger; I'm saying that it's possible that a retcon will be made to say that the one in Resurrection was the real Maul.

Or they could make Old Wounds canon, which might be interesting.

I know that, as of right now, the Maul in Resurrection was a doppelganger. I'm not arguing that. I was just mentioning a theory of mine.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Old Wounds, frankly, wasn't the best. It was kinda alright, but the Ressurection one being real would be plausible since we don't know how Palpatine used Maul. Somebody mentioned some test between Maul and Dooku but that's absolute conjecture and unnecessary.

And anyways, Dooku would win. Although that might be an interesting novel/comic to write about.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Old Wounds, frankly, wasn't the best. It was kinda alright, but the Ressurection one being real would be plausible since we don't know how Palpatine used Maul. Somebody mentioned some test between Maul and Dooku but that's absolute conjecture and unnecessary.

And anyways, Dooku would win. Although that might be an interesting novel/comic to write about.

I'm not saying Old Wounds was good. But it deserves credit as being the first story to show Maul with the cybernetic legs, which TCW was obviously inspired by.

It seems like it would make sense to retcon Resurrection, though. Wanting to test Vader makes more sense than testing Dooku.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShootingNova
Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins majority even as a padawan.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins. He's not as fast, but is more tactically cunning, durable, skilled and comparably powerful if not moreso.

I would think Maul is as fast as AotC Anakin, but I am unsure about a power comparison between the two.

Regardless, I agree that Maul should win a majority, but I think Anakin could put up a fight.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467: For a strict comparison, I think creating enough blurring light to almost encase yourself in it is slightly more impressive than creating webs and shields.

It's definitely a good fight. Anakin could press Dooku; Maul's not out of his league to legitimately challenge.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467

@intrepid37: Granted, but then, we could also factor in some of Maul's other notable presentations of speed. For instance, Maul's capacity for rapidity of strikes is tremendous. I defined some of his showings here, but I will quote the sections of special relevance:

Now, this feat requires some elaboration. Maul engages in daily practices with his bladework in which he performs ten thousand maneuvers. He repeats this exercise one hundred times a day and still finds time to conduct other exercises (such as the aforementioned fights with assassin droids), sleep, meditate, and receive teachings or missions from Sidious (which do not come to Maul every day, I should point out, and on days in which he has missions, his exercises will be suspended until the mission is finished). The latter activities would significantly reduce his time in the day to conduct these practices. How long precisely it takes Maul to complete one of these regimens is unclear, but to perform ten thousand moves one hundred times per day on top of his other tasks is impressive. It would necessitate him to strike several times each second.

When I complete my basic exercises, I power up my double-bladed lightsaber and practice maneuvers. My body is as strong as durasteel and as fluid as water. I shift from one position of attack to another. I fall on one knee and slash my lightsaber as I imagine cleaving my victim cleanly. I roll away and grip my lightsaber with both hands for a vertical sweep. I leap and twist and come down, leading with my left shoulder. I deliver a death blow and leap away, somersaulting in the air. I perform ten thousand slashes, lunges, attacks.

My lightsaber is no longer a separate weapon, but part of my arm. I move in the time it would take my opponent to blink. I move in the time he would take to raise his weapon. He would only see the space where I had been. He would feel the sudden shock of the blow that would knock him to the floor. I do these maneuvers a hundred times a day. I do them even though my body knows them intimately, even though I have not made a mistake or a misstep in years. I do them until the memory of the movement is part of the muscle itself. The goal of the Sith is to fight without thought.

--Taken from Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul

This showing also needs context. Maul has rewired a frigate;s controls so that the engine controls and the weapons controls are crossed so that when a Togorian activates the engines, he will destroy the ship. Maul runs to his own ship to escape the frigate but is interrupted by a Togorian whom he fights. He slashes the Togorian a thousand times in a short but undefined span of time. We can surmise, however, that he did this in a brief period because Maul had to leave before a Togorian ignited their ship's engines to leave. All that would need to precede that is for a Togorian to enter the frigate's bridge and activate the controls. How long it was before one did that is, again, unspecified but still not long considering the Togorians were starting their controls by the time Maul entered his ship.

My rage is a torrent, a burning river. I leap, twist, keeping my weight on my good leg. My lightsaber is part of my body now, merciless, hard, cruel. I dance around him, slicing his arms, chest, shoulders. I want a thousand cuts to kill him. He falls facedown without a cry.

I leap over his body and up the ramp. My leg wound screams in protest but I do not limp. I steel myself against the pain, disciplining my mind against it. I won't attend to it until I am safely away from this ship and have landed on Tatooine.

Then I hear the warm-up of the preliminary ignition of the freighter. I start my engines and activate departure procedures. A warning light tells me that the hatch will not close.

Maul records that he could unleash four to five blows in the flicker of an eye and then steps behind and kicks an approaching Tusken Raider faster than the Raider can see it happen.

The Sand People advance on me angrily. In their breath masks and goggles they are protected from the sand that now stings my eyes and clogs my mouth. The howling intensifies. The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest. Frustration boils inside me. These interruptions deflect me from my mission.

I never run away from a battle. But this one will tax me, and my strength is needed for the Jedi. If my Master hears I have been wounded, he will be furious.

All of these calculations race through my mind, faster than the Tusken Raiders are moving. One fierce Raider is the first to come at me, racing forward with his stick held high. It is easy for me to fake a dodge to the left, then make a half turn and kick him from behind as he staggers, surprised that there is now empty air where I had been standing.

I think these and the other showings I cited for Maul can collectively stand to Anakin's higher end showings, but there is room for interpretation.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467: That's true, but that's why I said ''for a strict comparison'' since they're the same kind of feat (i.e creating blurring trails resembling different things).

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: I see. Fair enough.

What do you think about Anakin's dual-wielding? Think it would change anything at all, more difficult for Maul, less difficult, irrelevant?

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467: If I recall correctly, a source explicitly states that Anakin, when dual-wielding against Dooku in AotC, had to break out of his favored Djem So and change to an unfavored Jar Kai, which hindered more than it helped. Even if that is not stated, Maul is a master of Jar Kai as well (as mentioned by Plagueis when he viewed holo-recordings of Maul), is a more experienced swordsman and is a master of multiple fighting styles taught to him by Sidious (I don't remember the source; might have been The New Essential Chronology). I don't think it'd create a lot of problems for Maul unless they're equally skilled in it, to which Anakin's comparable aggressiveness, physique and power might trouble Maul.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By Erkan12

Darth Maul wins.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader had to attempt suicide to beat Maul in EU. Anakin is bantha fodder

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader had to attempt suicide to beat Maul in EU. Anakin is bantha fodder

That was an amped doppleganger. That's not the Maul we're considering.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By generator2000

@shootingnova...No EU? Well, Anakin decimates Maul. Anakin has more skill and more power. Anakin all the way.