User Lists: 1

Team could win.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anakin as of ROTS should alone be able to contend and match Plagueis in combat. Team wins.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Plaugueis can ragdoll them he wins. If not team wins.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin might solo. Team wins.

Chubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Anakin could truly contend with Darth Plagueis. Maybe he’d make Plagueis work for it, but would ultimately be defeated. He was pretty cocky in RotS after he’d turned to the darkside. He said he was more powerful than Sidious and could overthrow him, which I highly doubt. He also said Obi Wan underestimated his power when Obi Wan had the high ground (aka the advantage in the fight), which resulted in him overexerting himself and getting his limbs sliced off.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This could very quickly turn into just Anakin vs Plagueis, where Anakin certainly has a shot at his best, however Plagueis would have such a huge edge in versatility and Force knowledge, particularly midichlorian destroying and self-healing. It's a toss up for me.

Lych

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team can beat him. They are pretty skilled. And 2v1 is good. He's really good so it wouldn't be a lot. But two very skilled lightsaber artists would divide his attention. Toss up for me too but I think team.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis via midi-chlorian manipulation.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis takes this handily. Luke is a non-factor and gets one-shoted via Force. Anakin might be able to win in pure lightsaber duel, but Plagueis won't hesitate to use the Force against him. He's powerful enough and trumps Anakin in terms of skills and variety.

@azronger said:

Did he ever used that in active combat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Did he ever used that in active combat?

Yup, he caused a guy's midichlorians to return to their "source" (the Cosmic Force) which resulted in his death. It basically works by Plagueis "triggering a mass die off of midichlorians", and it's important to note that it isn't something he has to focus all of his effort on - he can command midichlorians to disperse and they will continue to do so on their own.

Now, an important thing to note as well is this:

"To sever the Force is to trigger a mass die-off of a victim’s midi-chlorians – not enough to kill, but enough to take a Jedi’s power. It could be that the Jedi of old knew this feat, but if so they did not understand its underpinnings. Severing the Force is the inverse of what I have done when inducing midi-chlorians to create life. It is far easier to achieve."

--Darth Plagueis

Book of the Sith

Plagueis states that killing someone's midichlorians is far easier to achieve than using midichlorians to heal and create life. This is important because as we saw in the Plagueis novel, despite being ambushed in his sleep and drunk, Plagueis was able to tank Sidious' full-power Force lightning without any Force defences - he just healed himself through it with midichlorians.

Crackling from his fingertips, a web of blue lightning ground itself on the Muun’s breathing device. Plagueis’s eyes snapped open, the Force gathering in him like a storm, but he stopped short of defending himself. This being who had survived assassinations and killed countless opponents merely gazed at Sidious, until it struck him that Plagueis was challenging him! Confident that he couldn’t be killed, and in denial that he was slowly suffocating,he might have been simply experimenting with himself, actually courting death to put it in its place. Momentarily taken aback, Sidious stood absolutely still. Was Plagueis so self-deluded as to believe that he had achieved immortality? The question lingered for only a moment, then Sidious unleashed another tangle of lightning, drawing more deeply on the dark side than he ever had.

[...]

Sidious peered at Plagueis through the Force. “Oh, yes, by all means gather your midi-chlorians, Plagueis.” He held his thumb and forefinger close together. “Try to keep yourself alive while I choke the life out of you.”

-- Darth Plagueis

Sidious was unable to kill Plagueis with a lightning blast, where he is described as "drawing more deeply on the dark than he ever had", even though Plagueis "stopped short of defending himself." Sidious has to resort to suffocating him for him to die.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin solos. Plaguis would lose that fight in Sabers and not be able to do shit for more exotic force powers. If Anakin can force barrier the Force/Life draining Reaper then Plaguis be jack shit to Anakin. Just saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Anakin can force barrier the Force/Life draining Reaper then Plaguis be jack shit to Anakin.

Drain Life and Midichlorian destruction are two different techniques, and Anakin even using that technique could only get within a certain distance of the Reaper, if he got too close he would have died. And the technique only offered some immunity.

So this makes no sense.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them are actually on the same tier with Plagueis. Plagueis wins after a decent duel.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Could go either way as Plagueis experience would be a massive factor however Anakin and Lukes combined might and power could topple the Sith Lord. Team 7/10

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: please. Draining force and life with it is pulling away midichlorians. Same damn result.

Funny thing is we know Yoda would beat Plaguis easy, and he has no defense to the claims your making. So why on earth Nightfall Vader, the Chosen One, with higher midolarian count than Yoda and Sidious cannot withstand that attack from Plaguis before cutting Plaguis down. Not to mention Plaguis never pulled a attack like that on anyone near Anakin caliber in a fight.

Hyprocritcal IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b02bbfb13940
deactivated-5b02bbfb13940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Luke is making too great a difference to the outcome of this fight. There's a pretty good chance that he dies. The fight between Anakin and Plagueis will be very close. My money in on Plagueis, but there's absolutely room for Anakin winning via swordsmanship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

please. Draining force and life with it is pulling away midichlorians. Same damn result.

Great argument.

Funny thing is we know Yoda would beat Plaguis easy

Based on what?

So why on earth Nightfall Vader, the Chosen One, with higher midolarian count than Yoda and Sidious cannot withstand that attack from Plaguis before cutting Plaguis down.

Plagueis can bombard Anakin at range with lightning and telekinesis, and also trigger his midichlorians to begin dying off. Once Anakin has closed the gap and the duel starts, he will already be weakened.

Not to mention Plaguis never pulled a attack like that on anyone near Anakin caliber in a fight.

He did something far more difficult; he healed himself through Sidious' lightning. Destroying someone else's midichlorians is "far easier", to quote.

Hyprocritcal IMO.

You can wear your hat, but leave your opinions at the door.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erkan12

Why is Anakin's midi-chlorian number means anything in this fight? Lol.

TPM Anakin has the highest amount of midi-chlorian number, is that mean he is also invulnerable to midi-chlorian manipulation, or TK attacks, or TP attacks?

Midi-cholorian ammount is only the representative of the one's potential, and the potential means nothing without a proper training, mental stability, and being focused enough.

No one other than Sidious, and in some ways Tenebrous, has any knowledge about midi-chlorian manipulation, I doubt even they can counter Plagueis's technique let alone someone like Anakin, who has no idea about the technique could defend himself.

Also I wonder how could anyone decided that Yoda would defeat Plagueis for sure or I wonder where it has been stated what would happen if they were to fight. Sidious had no hesitation to meet with his ''little green friend'' in a direct combat, while he decided to kill Plagueis when Plagueis sleeps and didn't want to confront with him in a direct combat, who has stated to be the most powerful Sith who ever lived just like Sidious was in TPM. They were together managed to shift the balance of the Force and made the Dark Side stronger, clouded the vision of the Jedi. Since Yoda is the strongest one there is in the Jedi Order, it's safe to assume that they have overpowered the entire Jedi Order and Yoda's vision together, which is something that no Banite Sith Lord did until TPM considering Yoda's absurd old age they had a lot of time to counter Jedi Order in the Force but only Plagueis and his apprentice Sidious managed to do that.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Plagueis has a complete lack of applicable Saber feats, so Anakin could potentially solo. With Luke, they win with high-diff.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: lol at a argument that TPM Sidious was afraid to fight Plaguis head unlike ROTS Sidious who fought Yoda head on. The fact you completely fail to address ROTS > to TPM version is one hell of a oversight.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin said:

Plagueis has a complete lack of applicable Saber feats

Does that mean he is necessarily inept with one?

You would have to posit that Sidious was a significantly better duelist than Plagueis leading up to TPM, despite being his inferior/rough equal in terms of power with nigh-identical training. I don't see a valid reason for why that would be the case. James Luceno said if they had a direct fight it would be close, but he actually thought Plagueis could "undermine his apprentice." And also, while discussing Darth Maul's "fight" with Sidious, it's mentioned that Maul was led to believe he is more skilled than he really is. Sidious asks if Plagueis did not do the same for him, but Plagueis responds that he has always been truthful about Sidious' skill, which in this case would refer to a context where Sidious can provide a serious challenge to Plagueis, presumably through their sparring matches and training sessions.

"Regardless, you allowed him to believe that he is more skilled than he actually is."

"Did you not do the same for me?"

Plagueis' eyes reflected in disappointment. "Never, Sidious. I have always been truthful with you."

--Darth Plagueis

To me, I don't see why Sidious would use Plagueis, his primary lightsaber instructor, and his opinion as a barometer for his skill if he was much more skilled than his master. His master's opinion would not matter. And if Sidious was a far better duelist than Plagueis, Plagueis wouldn't be extending an olive branch saying "No, kid, you are really good, I promise" - it would be apparent to both of them who is better.

It appears that, like in most cases, the master is the tutor and the superior of the apprentice up until the fateful day they fight, at which point they're about equal.

So if you believe it's reasonable that Plagueis and Sidious are roughly equal duelists at this time, then I would mention that Sidious is so much faster than Maul around this time the latter can't even follow his lightsaber blade.

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me. Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.

--Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul

Maul around the age of 17, at the final stage of his Sith trial was again embarrassed by Sidious. Now, Maul was severely injured and fatigued at the time, however, he also drew on a rage like nothing else he had ever felt, pumping energy into his muscles, making him believe he can "do anything." He believes he's driving back Sidious but it's later revealed that Sidious had "just begun to tap into his reserves" and was wielding a training lightsaber. He was toying with Maul in possibly his most powerful incarnation up to that time.

A slow rage begins to burn through me. It is a terrible anger, no less fierce because it starts as a kernel of disbelief and then builds. I have never felt anything like it. I know it can consume me.

No. I can direct it. My rage will consume my enemy. It will consume my Master.

Yes, my Master is now my enemy. He is my betrayer. Hatred sears me, hardens me.

"Can you make the next leap in logic?" Lord Sidious asks me contemptuously. "Try to focus, Maul. If there can be only one apprentice, then one of you must die. Who do you think I have chosen to die. Maul?"

The rage rockets within me, pumping energy into my muscles. I can do anything. I can kill my Master. I want to kill him. My hatred is so huge it blots everything else but my desire for his blood.

With a howl torn from the depths of my belly, I spring at him. He barely misses the first blow from my lightsaber, for even in my rage I have employed strategy, coming at him from below, hoping to rip him in two. He parries my next blow. Sweat stings my eyes as I move across the rough cave floor. I do not stumble. I am nothing but the pulse of my anger, pure energy, pure darkness. I streak across the cave floor and come at him again, somersaulting through the air. My lightsaber whirls in the darkness. When he parries the blow, he staggers.

I am going to kill him. Every beat of my blood exults in my power. Every blow I deliver is meant to be the killing blow. I use reserves of strength I did not know I had. My blows are sure and precise, my footwork flawless. I gather in the power of the dark side. I feel my power clash with his. The air is thick, charged with our dark, titanic powers.

He parries every blow. But I see that he has to work hard to keep me at bay. Triumph roars through me at my Master's weakness. He is not as powerful as he appears.

"You want to kill me?" he taunts. "You want to kill your Master?"

"Yes," I grunt.

"You hate me?"

"Yes!" I scream out the word through gritted teeth.

[...]

But I have been weakened by my ordeal, and my Master maneuvers me against the cave wall. I am gasping, trying to suck in enough air to keep going. My vision blurs as Lord Sidious raises his lightsaber. I parry the blow, but my lightsaber suddenly flies out of my hand, torn by the power of my Master directing the dark side. I realize then that he has just begun to tap into his own reserves. Mine are played out.

--Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul

Sidious also blitzed Maul during Shadow Conspiracy, and while Sidious had grown more powerful here since TPM, so had Maul at a fairly similar rate, so the theme seems to hold true; Sidious-level fighters are far too fast for Maul-level fighters to respond to.

Sidious raised his saber and flew at Maul, who parried desperately, his mechanical legs whirring as he sought to counter his former Master’s blows. Sidious’s sabers were a blur, a whirling cage of deadly plasma. Maul danced away from one blow, then reversed his movement to avoid another, and then there were too many to count, and then there were even more than that.

Maul’s saber spun out of his hand, bouncing away across the floor.

--Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

RotS Anakin, at his very best, was dominating Dooku in a similar manner, however there are some circumstances which led to him achieving that state which many dub the "zone", including Sidious himself goading Anakin on and his personal history with Dooku. It was a tenuous state of mind, because as shown in the RotS novel, all it takes is Dooku using Dun Moch to throw Anakin off his game. I would say that Anakin would fluctuate beneath and perhaps above Plagueis in dueling ability depending on how the fight goes.

A few other things to note about Plagueis:

1. He was praised as a master duelist by Tenebrous, himself a master duelist enthusiastic in the art.

2. Venamis was Plagueis' equal in power and he had been training by Tenebrous in how to counter Plagueis' unique fighting style personally; in other words Venamis had fought Plagueis many times before they fought for real by sparring with his master, knew all of his weaknesses and what moves he would make next, and yet still, Plagueis forced a stalemate with him and went on to defeat him by re-allocating his energy appropriately.

To Plagueis, lightsaber duels were tedious affairs, full of wasted emotion and needless acrobatics. Tenebrous, however, who had pronounced Plagueis a master of the art, had always enjoyed a good fight, and had clearly bequeathed that enthusiasm to his other trainee. For no sooner had the blades of their weapons clashed than Venamis began to bring the fight to him in unexpected ways, twirling his surprisingly limber body, tossing the lightsaber from hand to hand, mixing forms. At one point he leapt onto an overhanging greel branch and, when Plagueis severed it with a Force blow, hung suspended in the air-no mean feat in itself-and continued the fight, as if from high ground. Worse for Plagueis, Tenebrous had made Venamis an expert in Plagueis's style, and so the Bith could not only anticipate but counter Plagueis's every move.

[...]

Realizing that the fight could go on indefinitely, he took himself out of his body and began working his material self like a marionette, no longer on the offensive, instigating attacks, but merely responding to Venamis's lunges and strikes. Gradually the Bith understood that something had changed-that what up until then had been a fight to the death seemed suddenly like a training exercise. Exasperated, he doubled his efforts, fighting harder, more desperately, putting more power into each maneuver and blow, and in the end surrendering his precision and accuracy.

At the height of Venamis's attack, Plagueis came back into himself with such fury that his lightsaber became a blinding rod. A two-handed upward swing launched from between his legs caught Venamis off guard. The blade didn't go deep enough to puncture the Bith's lung but scorched him from chest to chin. As his large, cleft head snapped backward in retreat, Plagueis brought his lightsaber straight down, tearing Venamis's weapon from his gloved hand and nearly taking off his long fingers, as well.

3. I'm presuming Sidious didn't master the 7 lightsaber forms by accident, nor did he train Maul in Juyo, Niman, Ataru and numerous other unarmed martial arts with knowledge he came upon at random. Nor do I think it's any accident that Venamis was an ambidextrous duelist who could mix between multiple forms at will. Therefore, it's simple to infer that Plagueis is a master of all lightsaber styles with both hands, who can swap between them easily, and even in a battle with a near-equal who has a massive edge in knowledge, Plagueis has the tactical insight to gain an advantage over him.

Unless you can provide some reasonable arguments for why we shouldn't take him as a Sidious-level duelist around TPM, then that's sort of what we have to do. Arguments I commonly hear like "he was more of a scholar/researcher/Force user than a lightsaber duelist" are clearly irrelevant, because he was proclaimed a master by Tenebrous, has numerous feats demonstrating his skill, and trained and sparred with Sidious in the art. And that's even bearing in mind Plagueis didn't like lightsaber combat, because guess what, Sidious thought it was meaningless as well. And people also say that he spent little time practising with a lightsaber, so his skills must have gotten rusty, but again, the same criticism can be applied to Sidious, and that has never hampered him due to how absurdly powerful he is.

So again, to sum up, I think Plagueis is a good enough duelist to give Anakin a serious run for his money, but also has a wider range of Force abilities (including ones Anakin cannot counter) and a superior tactical mind, which could net him the win here.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either solo. PLague was terrible

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: no, it doesn't and I never said so. Plagueis is clearly skilled with a Saber, but the exact extent of his skills relies on scaling, which can be very iffy at times. There was no need to post that essay, I'm afraid, as none of it places him solidly above ROTS Anakin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin:

Plagueis is clearly skilled with a Saber, but the exact extent of his skills relies on scaling, which can be very iffy at times.

What's iffy about what I said?

There was no need to post that essay, I'm afraid, as none of it places him solidly above ROTS Anakin.

Easy to say when you have done nothing to refute it, hard to actually do much about it. I never said Plagueis is "solidly above RotS Anakin" either, I said he would give him a serious run for his money. And I also pointed out that Anakin's Sidious-level dueling skill, when he was stomping Dooku, came about partly as a result of his rivalry with Dooku and Sidious goading him on. Whereas, I have safely proven that Plagueis is a TPM Sidious level duelist without the need for a special emotional state or opponent.

And you know, correct me if I'm wrong, but Anakin when he isn't "in the zone" has no feats suggesting he can blitz a TPM Maul-level duelist.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers