#1  Edited By ViperSixteen

Anakin Skywalker (AotC)

No Caption Provided

vs

Kit Fisto

No Caption Provided

Settings and Conditions

• Morals on.
  • No prep time or knowledge of each other's fighting styles.
  • No dirty fighting or CIS
  • Fisto as of RotS.

Let's hope this will be a good thread that won't get derailed...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fisto in a good fight. His experience and level head will get him the win.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bump.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kit wins, good fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto

Avatar image for deactivated-5e59dd5190955
deactivated-5e59dd5190955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit wins, butn Anakin gives him a bloody good fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ShootingNova

They're both 7's, so it's not a bad matchup.

For Legends, however, Anakin at this point is still below Obi-Wan (Nick Gillard and the TCW junior novelization), who in The Cestus Deception was handily outsparred by Kit Fisto. So Skywalker goes down.

If it's canon only, then Anakin wins since Kit doesn't have enough to his name (to my knowledge, anyway) and Anakin's the more naturally gifted (though conversely, Kit's more experienced, but that probably won't matter as much).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit. AOTC Anakin was no match for Dooku (Starwars.com) and Kit contended with Grievous (he actually outdueled the General with circumstances.) Kit contending with Grievous>being no match for Dooku who has been legitimately pressed by Grievous, who was the Count's best student, ahead of Asajj Ventress. Kit also outsparred post-AOTC Kenobi who is above Anakin. He wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto, for reasons given in comments #9 and #10.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Legends, however, Anakin at this point is still below Obi-Wan (Nick Gillard and the TCW junior novelization), who inThe Cestus Deception was handily outsparred by Kit Fisto. So Skywalker goes down.

If it's canon only, then Anakin wins since Kit doesn't have enough to his name (to my knowledge, anyway) and Anakin's the more naturally gifted (though conversely, Kit's more experienced, but that probably won't matter as much).

Did Gillard actually say AOTC Anakin is inferior to AOTC Obi-Wan? And on the topic of the TCW Junior Novel quote, I don't think it exactly lines up with The Cestus Decepticon Novel because it's an EU Source, IIRC AOTC Anakin has been suggested as superior than AOTC Obi-Wan by Dooku. It would be kind of weird that:

AOTC Anakin > AOTC Obi-Wan.

TCW S1 Anakin < TCW S1 Obi-Wan.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Gillard claims that Anakin has only surpassed Obi-Wan in RotS, which obviously means he hasn't in AotC. I mean, there is always the possibility that they're equals, but the TCW junior novel suggests otherwise. Regarding Dooku's quote, that's been retconned by objective sources that claim that Anakin was easily beaten in AotC. Dooku's claim (I'm assuming this is from the AotC novelization or Most Precious Weapon) comes from the era that Anakin actually pressed Dooku, but as I said, that's been retconned.

And if you want to be highly technical, Dooku suggests Anakin's better than Obi-Wan with a blade, IIRC, whereas Ventress remarks that Obi-Wan is simply "more powerful" than Anakin, so they're not necessarily incompatible.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yeah I think you're right, it's probably a matter of inconsistency.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Gillard claims that Anakin has only surpassed Obi-Wan in RotS

So does that basically mean that the gap in their respective performances against Dooku can pretty much be entirely put down to Dooku knowing Ataru so well? Rather than an actual skill gap?

Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto most likely

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@greysentinel365: Probably. Dooku clowned both of them, so there's not much difference. The AotC novel seems to depict Anakin being outright better, as does My Precious Weapon, but it's not explicit, whereas Gillard's claim is. Anakin did use Ataru with the two sabers, but Obi-Wan was obviously more Ataru-heavy on the whole, so you could justify it that way.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit Fisto.

wholewheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto wins, parrying 2 strikes from Sidious>getting fodderized by Dooku.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Fisto would beat AOTC Anakin, but how about early OCW Anakin?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1f22ffdd9b1
deactivated-5a1f22ffdd9b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Legends, however, Anakin at this point is still below Obi-Wan (Nick Gillard and the TCW junior novelization), who in The Cestus Deception was handily outsparred by Kit Fisto. So Skywalker goes down.

Anakin is probably only below Obi-Wan in defense. His offense at the time was better.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOTC Anakin has been confirmed as more skilled than AOTC Obi-Wan which should make Fisto's chances of winning less decisive:

Nick Gillard: The audience will want to see that manifest itself. There needs to be flashes of brilliance. He's more skilled than Obi-Wan. Anakin always attacks. He's better and he knows it, which means he's brash on occasion.

Source - Episode II Attack of the Clones Behind the Scenes: Teacher of the Masters

Does anyone have the Source and quote that says AOTC Anakin is a level 7 fighter? I can't find it anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212 said:

Does anyone have the Source and quote that says AOTC Anakin is a level 7 fighter? I can't find it anymore.

"The level is not necessarily an indication of the performer's talent, but it takes a truly gifted and physically skilled actor to play a powerful Jedi combatant. 'Hayden Christensen is one of the best there is,' says Gillard. 'I've seen hundreds of sword fighters, people who do it for a living, and he leaves them all in his wake. His style has changed a bit since Episode II, when he was only a level seven. On this he's a level nine.

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20051202222123/http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/beacon126.html

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have sworn that there was another source out there claiming Anakin was a 5 or 6 in AOTC, and that Kenobi and Fisto were both 7's

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all this AOTC Anakin hype... Fisto held his own against Grievous. He wins.

mohhsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova said:

For Legends, however, Anakin at this point is still below Obi-Wan (Nick Gillard and the TCW junior novelization), who inThe Cestus Deception was handily outsparred by Kit Fisto. So Skywalker goes down.

Did Gillard actually say AOTC Anakin is inferior to AOTC Obi-Wan? And on the topic of the TCW Junior Novel quote, I don't think it exactly lines up with The Cestus Decepticon Novel because it's an EU Source, IIRC AOTC Anakin has been suggested as superior than AOTC Obi-Wan by Dooku. It would be kind of weird that:

AOTC Anakin > AOTC Obi-Wan.

TCW S1 Anakin < TCW S1 Obi-Wan.

dooku was impressed a padawan was as strong as anakin not that a jedi in general can be that strong but kenobi was still better and fisto won against AotC obi-wan in training so still TCW s1 fisto> TCW s1 kenobi >> TCW s1 anakin

given that kenobi was close to fisto

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mohhsen said:

dooku was impressed a padawan was as strong as anakin not that a jedi in general can be that strong but kenobi was still better and fisto won against AotC obi-wan in training so still TCW s1 fisto> TCW s1 kenobi >> TCW s1 anakin

Yes, TCW S1 Obi-Wan is been confirmed as more powerful than TCW S1 Anakin, but AOTC Anakin has been confirmed as more skilled than AOTC Obi-Wan.

It's just a case of inconsistency because TCW tie in material isn't managed to Nick Gillard. I don't think TCW even takes Nick Gillard's systems of levels into account, that's probably why the inconsistency exists.

mohhsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mohhsen said:

Yes, TCW S1 Obi-Wan is been confirmed as more powerful than TCW S1 Anakin, but AOTC Anakin has been confirmed as more skilled than AOTC Obi-Wan.

It's just a case of inconsistency because TCW tie in material isn't managed to Nick Gillard. I don't think TCW even takes Nick Gillard's systems of levels into account, that's probably why the inconsistency exists.

no he hasn't

that's my point

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mohhsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mohhsen: But it's not my belief, it's explicitly said by Gillard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit wins. Haven't you seen his award-winning smile?

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins. Haven't you listened to his dialogue about sand?

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit wins

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:
@yousufkhan1212 said:
@frankenmidget said:

Anakin wins. Haven't you listened to his dialogue about sand?

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

But not like you ;)

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit wins.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto would defeat ROTS Anakin.. much less AOTC Anakin.

Fisto 10/10

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way really depending on how you interpret the timeline.

Avatar image for antifreddykrueger
AntiFreddyKrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOTC Anakin is a Tier 7 just like Kit Fisto, but we know that Anakin at this point is less powerful than Obi-Wan, who got outsparred by Kit Fisto.

Hence, Kit Fisto probably wins.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto should win this in a good fight. Just better showings to this point, and as shown above, some statements that would put him above Anakin's level at this point, albeit not by a large margin at all. Anakin can definitely push him hard though, and I could honestly see him pulling a win here or there due to his Force potential coupled with his own considerable saber skills.