Team 2.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Warlockmage

actually closer than it looks, but Jaina is a weak link, Caedus can hold his own against either opponent though.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Anakin and Luke.

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a clear cut team 1.

10/10

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By In-sidiousvader

So you have A Vader level Jedi (DE luke) and the chosen one vs the worst, lame, and most boring sith lord ever and a nooby sister of his? Skywalker's stomp.

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh and the Skywalkers stomp.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't Caedus scale above Vader, who scales above Anakin? Also, I don't know where to rank DE Luke.

Anyway, if I had to pick, I'd say round 1 goes to the Solos and round 2 goes to the Skywalkers, but I'm still a biased Legacy fan, so hey!

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By In-sidiousvader

@vitisid said:
@in-sidiousvader said:

So you have A Vader level Jedi (DE luke) and the chosen one vs the worst, lame, and most boring sith lord ever and a nooby sister of his? Skywalker's stomp.

But I like the them :(

I don't Know man I liked cadeus until he became inconsistent and a Vader clone trying to save his family but going about it in a very stupid way. Plus Vitisid I know you are reading the Legacy of the force series and you don't want spoilers so lets just say Cadeus does something I really hate. (SPOILER ALERT!!!) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! He Kills Mara Jade and I hate how he goes about it.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1; Jaina is the weakest

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Greysentinel365

D.E Luke =/> Caedus > Anakin > Jaina.

Team 1 wins.

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By In-sidiousvader

@greysentinel365 said:

D.E Luke =/> Caedus > Anakin > Jaina.

Team 1 wins.

Are you serious? D.E. Luke >> Vader >>> Cadeus.

I know about Lukes quote of Cadeus but Vader is a ROTS YODA and SIDIOUS level combatant, Cadeus is not.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: Base D.E Luke is around Vader level. We know this as Palps tells Luke that if he turned he could become as strong as Vader. Meaning he wasn't there yet.

Caedus lasting a time against GM Luke (circumstances not-withstanding) is more than enough to place him around that level.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: Base D.E Luke is around Vader level. We know this as Palps tells Luke that if he turned he could become as strong as Vader. Meaning he wasn't there yet.

Caedus lasting a time against GM Luke (circumstances not-withstanding) is more than enough to place him around that level.

OK fair enough so D.E. Luke < Vader I am fine with that. But IIRC Luke basically states he is not trying to kill Cadeus and merely deflecting his strikes rather than countering. I don't think holding your own against someone who does not want to kill you is a good feat

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Greysentinel365
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By In-sidiousvader

I read it but here is the thing, Cadeus was being beaten down and massacred. He throws a spiky object at Luke and Luke is poisoned. The only thing here in this fight that was impressive was Cadeus being able to kick Luke and break his knee. There was also the immense pain he suffered but that is inconsistent with the rest of his showings.

So I may have lowballed Cadeus a bit in my initial assessment but I stand firm that Cadeus did not hold his own against Luke. In the beginning of the fight it was the Zonakin vs Dooku fight all over again. Then with the help of poisoning Luke he defends a bit better while still being massacred. Then if not for Cadeus breaking Luke's leg he would have died and even after that he is almost killed shortly. This to me was much like ROTS Sidious vs SC maul. Sure Maul "holds his own" but it is against a joking Sidious. Sure Cadeus "holds his own" against NJO Luke but Luke is poisoned barely able to breath and still kicking the crap out of Cadeus.

Am I wrong? All my points seem to line up with the fights description. Personally going back to a non-factual assessment I think Cadeus is massively overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS Anakin was a Jedi when he first opened himself up to the dark side, but I'm assuming the OP is for just before he did that? Either way, it doesn't matter with DE Luke on the team. Team One wins both rounds.

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok this is stupid, DE Luke>Vader. It's downright silly to think Vader's mental condition hinder himself so much, in his fight against Luke, that even after many years of growth luke still wouldn't be his level, not mentioning the fact Luke's potential is>>Suited vader.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Caedus beats DE Luke, while jaina can at least hold off ROTS Jedi Anakin untile Caedus joins her to stomp poor Annie.

Could you make a case Rich. You have genuinely told me that Valkorion beats Vader without breaking a sweat I need a little convincing.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Caedus is stated to be above Vader.

Jaina is stated to be above Kyp as an overall combatant which indicates she's at least close to him in power.

DE Luke is stated to be able to one day be what Vader was or even surpass him by Sidious meaning he hadn't by that point.

Anakin is confirmed to be below ANH Vader.

Pretty simple.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, DE Luke? Really?

Yeah, this one goes to team one for sure.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dark-sith123

I never got that Caedus quote. I know it exists, but some people don't seem to accept it, since it appears to be "subjective" or something.

Anyway, team one definitely wins. Anakin is below Vader in power, sure, but he absolutely isn't below Vader as a combatant, and Luke is Vader level. Might not be above him, but is on his range.

Jaina is a weak link, Caedus might be a strong link in power. Team one still takes it.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never got that Caedus quote. I know it exists, but some people don't seem to accept it, since it appears to be "subjective" or something.

Would you like it? I can give it to you.

Anyway, team one definitely wins. Anakin is below Vader in power, sure, but he absolutely isn't below Vader as a combatant, and Luke is Vader level. Might not be above him, but is on his range.

I disagree that Anakin is as good of a duelist. I think he is just more dedicated to battering your defenses not that he is a superior Duelist I would say at best they are on par.

Jaina is a weak link, Caedus might be a strong link in power. Team one still takes it.

Agreed Cadeus is at best TPM Sheev tier in terms of dueling. Luke is far more than both of these combatants. Anakin also hammers Jaina till she breaks.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vivec3629

@greysentinel365: You do realize that the whole point of that write up by Swords was to show that Caedus couldn't actually contend all that well with Luke? That in Caedus's favor were circumstantual injuries affecting Luke like a broken knee and bloodstream full of poison, as well as Vong biotech restraining him early in the fight saving Caedus's life. And Caedus still lost. Not to mention Luke pretty significantly humiliating Caedus by telekinetically pinning him to a chair against his will earlier in the series. All of this shows is that Luke far exceeds Caedus.

I personally don't see from the evidence you're citing that Caedus is Vader level.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

Would you like it? I can give it to you.

I know it and have seen it. However, people are divided on the quote- some buy into it, some do not.

I disagree that Anakin is as good of a duelist. I think he is just more dedicated to battering your defenses not that he is a superior Duelist I would say at best they are on par.

Fightsaber states that ANH Vader is a mere shadow of his former self. This shouldn't apply to power, given Vader's been stated as more powerful than Jedi Anakin, but as a fighter, Anakin should still be head and shoulders above Vader.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Greysentinel365

Fightsaber is overruled by later Legends sources.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killbilly  Moderator

Not to mention it never comments on Vader's ability as a lightsaber combatant. It only says that he's diminished in some capacity. Potential and agility are two likely candidates.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365:

Which ones? I have no knowledge of any later quotes proclaiming Vader > Anakin in dueling.

Anyway, the fact that Vader struggled with Ben Kenobi- who, although a very good duelist is not in his prime- should be sufficient to say he's not on the level of a Yoda/Sidious-level tier nine who battered Dooku and killed battlemaster Cin Drallig in three swings.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Greysentinel365

@dark-sith123: Ben Kenobi is incredibly inconsistent in whether is more or less powerful. He has quotes for both. You also have to consider that Vader was being overly cautious with Kenobi due to his experience of Mustafar. Also when you factor in what happened to people like Dooku when fighting a less powerful iteration of Vader, Obi-Wan's performance in the Death Star makes perfect sense.

As for Vader.

Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful.

-- Beware The Sith

This duel was very different from their last. Obi-Wan was older and weaker while Vader was even stronger, fueled by hatred and thirst for revenge.

-- Jedi Battles

In his duel against Darth Vader on Bespin, Luke Skywalker reveals himself as an extraordinarily gifted artist with the blade who has largely taught himself. After a single brief session with Obi-Wan Kenobi years ago, and only a short time with Yoda, Skywalker is able to hold up against a Dark Lord of the Sith at the height of his powers.

--Insider 62

Ben was still clutching his lightsaber when he reached an access tunnel that led back to Docking Bay 327. As he entered the tunnel, he sighted a tall, shadowy form at the tunnel's other the end. Even if Ben had never seen Darth Vader's cybernetic incarnation via a HoloNet broadcast on Tatooine, he still would have sensed the power of his former apprentice, now concealed within black armor.r

-- The Life And Legend Of Obi-Wan Kenobi

“This is a fight you cannot win, Darth. Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting. If my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist. But if you cut me down, I will only become more powerful. Heed my words.”

-- A New Hope

His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor.

-- Return Of The Jedi

Along with these.

Credit to Zapan's respect thread

In addition to greater experience after already being Yoda/Sids level in skill. You have to consider the simple logic that more power = better precog and augmentation. Therefore. Better dueling.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recent wank and support for Vader is most pleasing.

No Caption Provided

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recent wank and support for Vader is most pleasing.

No Caption Provided

I don't know how or where but I think we were separated at birth Dawn :)

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365:

Ben Kenobi is incredibly inconsistent in whether is more or less powerful.

He could be more powerful, but his skills with a lightsaber have clearly waned.

Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful.

-- Beware The Sith

That one confirms Vader is more powerful, and experience doesn't necessarily equate to being a better duelist.

This duel was very different from their last. Obi-Wan was older and weaker while Vader was even stronger, fueled by hatred and thirst for revenge.

-- Jedi Battles

Once again, stronger probably refers to power. Which I have agreed on, Vader is more powerful than Anakin.

In his duel against Darth Vader on Bespin, Luke Skywalker reveals himself as an extraordinarily gifted artist with the blade who has largely taught himself. After a single brief session with Obi-Wan Kenobi years ago, and only a short time with Yoda, Skywalker is able to hold up against a Dark Lord of the Sith at the height of his powers.

--Insider 62

Refers to ESB, where Vader is "far more formidable" than he had been in ANH. Refers to power as well.

Ben was still clutching his lightsaber when he reached an access tunnel that led back to Docking Bay 327. As he entered the tunnel, he sighted a tall, shadowy form at the tunnel's other the end. Even if Ben had never seen Darth Vader's cybernetic incarnation via a HoloNet broadcast on Tatooine, he still would have sensed the power of his former apprentice, now concealed within black armor.

-- The Life And Legend Of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Once again talking about power, and if anything this only confirms Vader was as powerful as when he was Anakin.

“This is a fight you cannot win, Darth. Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting. If my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist. But if you cut me down, I will only become more powerful. Heed my words.”

-- A New Hope

This arguably proves Vader grew in power, not skill, and power "maturing" isn't even conclusive evidence of his power growing, never mind his skill.

His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor.

-- Return Of The Jedi

Talking about his power, and RotJ Vader > ESB Vader > ANH Vader.

In addition to greater experience after already being Yoda/Sids level in skill. You have to consider the simple logic that more power = better precog and augmentation. Therefore. Better dueling.

The augmentation thing kinda falls apart when you consider Vader's suit limitations. Sure, he's not the slowpoke he appears to be in the movies, but one so big and so heavy just can't move as fast as an entirely organic, athletic Anakin.

In addition to Anakin's superior feats, we also have George Lucas stating that the prime of lightsaber dueling was in the PT, labeling Vader as an "old cyborg".

Vader's more powerful, but Anakin's got better feats, hype (dueling wise), and speed, so I just can't see how Vader is a better duelist than Anakin, especially as of New Hope, where he's far from hitting his peak.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

Could you make a case Rich. You have genuinely told me that Valkorion beats Vader without breaking a sweat I need a little convincing.

Sorry, why are you bringing Valk here? Let's make him rest for a while, LOL.

Fair enough I'm tired of debating against him.

Anyway, Caedus is confirmed to be a match for GM Luke, the greatest Jedi ever, then he can surely beat decisively DE Luke, one who is astronomically weaker than his GM counterpart and he is around Vader's level. Jaina has some amazing feats, like stalemating kyp durron while pre prime, contending with caedus (who was badly injured, though), killing a vong warmaster... I think she can hold off ROTS Jedi Anakin for the time needed to Caedus to join her.

Where was it ever confirmed that Cadeus was a match for GM Luke. If you refer to the fight he had in Legacy of the Force Fury Cadeus practically opened his mouth placed it on the Curb and let Luke put his boot on his head. Cadeus didn't contend with Luke like you say he got curbstomped by a poisoned barely, able to breath, and broken legged Luke. Now if the author or someone said that Cadeus was a match for LOTF Luke then their opinion directly contradicts the fight that was written

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: Keep in mind, however, Vader is confirmed to be better as a Force user than as a duelist, though in fairness that quote doesn't specify to what extent. Therefore, just because he is stronger in the Force, it doesn't mean he can be compared to Anakin in dueling. Not as of ANH, at least.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

Apparently there is one single statement saying Caedus was Luke's match. However, that single statement is irrelevant compared to Luke telekinetically dominating Caedus with casual ease, as well as having him dead to rights in seconds in their "fight". Not to mention Luke was hindered. Caedus contending with Luke has been debunked a long time ago anyway.

Be careful when debating Caedus with Richard, though, since in the ranking duelists thread- IIRC- he placed Caedus above Sidious as a duelist. He might just not be a bastion of objectivity.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

Apparently there is one single statement saying Caedus was Luke's match. However, that single statement is irrelevant compared to Luke telekinetically dominating Caedus with casual ease, as well as having him dead to rights in seconds in their "fight". Not to mention Luke was hindered. Caedus contending with Luke has been debunked a long time ago anyway.

Be careful when debating Caedus with Richard, though, since in the ranking duelists thread- IIRC- he placed Caedus above Sidious as a duelist. He might just not be a bastion of objectivity.

I thought better of him. Oh how the Viners have fallen

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By In-sidiousvader

@richard96 said:

@in-sidiousvader:

Where was it ever confirmed that Cadeus was a match for GM Luke.

Here:

Three YVH droids were left. And Jacen. Against Luke and Ben. Jacen was Luke's match, which meant Ben had to cope with three combat droids. The odds weren't good.

-Star Wars Legacy of the Force: Fury

Omniscent narrator spoke.

If you refer to the fight he had in Legacy of the Force Fury Cadeus practically opened his mouth placed it on the Curb and let Luke put his boot on his head. Cadeus didn't contend with Luke like you say he got curbstomped by a poisoned barely, able to breath, and broken legged Luke. Now if the author or someone said that Cadeus was a match for LOTF Luke then their opinion directly contradicts the fight that was written

The fight in inferno was absolutely even. Luke hurt jacen at the beginning by taking him by surprise, he hit jacen's kidney with an injury that would have incapacitated an average man. If this is not and advantage...

Luke was not injured at the beginning: only a SCAR remained from his fight with lumiya. Luke had poison poured into him, right, but also jacen got the same treatment only a while after during the fight, and the performances of both did not change. Jacen broke Luke's leg, i do not see why are you bringing this. Then, luke had the chance to kill Jacen, but only cause the latter was trapped by some tendrils. Another advantage for luke. Caedus' performance is absolutely valid. The supposed advantages jacen had are pure headcanon: the only advantage he had is that luke got it by the venom first. To compensate, jacen was ambushed and trapped ny some tendrils during the fight. I suggest the reading of this for further analysis:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/django_f3tt/blog/luke-skywalker-vs-darth-caedus/130033/

Another quote attesting jacen's merit:

That fight... . Caedus wished he had a holorecording of it. It had gone on for what had felt like forever. It had been brutal, with the advantage being held first by Luke, THEN BY CAEDUS, in what he knew had been brilliant demonstrations of lightsaber technique, of raw power within the Force, of subtle Jedi and Sith skills.

Legacy of the Force: Fury

I suggest also to go carefully with darksith. He does not accept canonical sources that debunk his headcanon.

He is a maul fan but he is definitely a very reasonable person