#1 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio

All ST non-Borg species except the Q and other nigh-omnipotent types from anywhere between the start of TNG and the end of Voyager and of the TNG-based/continuity movies VS the Borg. None of those tricks like the time they stuck a computer virus on a drone and could've sent it back to the Collective to kill all the other Borg or how they beat the Borg the time Picard was captured and turned into Locutus. They have to outfight them. The fight can be anywhere in ST's setting as long as it's in the continuity of TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager and the stuff canonical to those TV shows and the related movies. 1st version of the scenario the non-Borg get 6 months prep, 2nd 1 year, 3rd no prep but like I said any conditions other than what I as aforementioned disallowed are acceptable.

#2 Posted by noah_ouellette (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them? All of them win. Especially if the borg lose the first major fleet battle. Things get rough. These empires know not to underestimate the borg. Their fleets are gonna be slamming. And we’ve seen the Enterprise perform well enough against a cube(mind you i said well enough). Plenty of empires with weapons that the borg don’t fare well against.

#3 Edited by Laurus (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

A single intrepid class (admittedly with future tech) was all it took to cripple the Borg iirc.

Also, all of the non Borg races? Cardassian, Klingon, Romulan, Federation, the Dominion, the Breen, the Ferengi, etc. All of them together are far too much for the Borg to handle.

#4 Posted by baph (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Species 8472 solo.

#5 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: Well, I also meant no Species 8472 or anything like that. And from what I remember the Enterprise-D was getting its ass kicked by just one cube, which, as I remember having heard somewhere, the Borg have thousands of. I could be wrong on the latter part, though, but it was clear when the Enterprise-D first tried to take down a Borg cube that Picard's guys had no chance.

#6 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: I also meant that there's no Species 8472 in this. That's also the kind of thing I meant. I wish I'd thought up putting that in.

#7 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus: From what I've seen of ST they can't take down the Borg easily, probably not single-handedly by any single species. Look at First Contact. One cube was hammering a whole ton of Federation ships until Picard was able to use his knowledge of the cube's design he got from being Locutus to tell them where to hit it just right.

#8 Edited by Paytience (4303 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertmiles1: That was pre-Voyager. As of now, Janeway solos.

Even if he she has to wait 40 years and then break temporal laws in 3 different timelines to do it.

-

-

-

Real talk though, because feats.

#9 Posted by noah_ouellette (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertmiles1: I’m aware. But we’ve seen plenty of other races that are beyond the known empires. The first time race. The most recent contact though the enterprise did fine. Also the enterprise isn’t the strongest warship that the federation can field, same as the other empires. They got this.

#10 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: Voyager was awful, so I didn't keep track. But the impression I got is that the Borg were just that much tougher than other species. Like I said, a whole bunch of ships had to shoot one cube simultaneously in just the right spot to kill it. And even then an orb thing (Borg sphere?) still managed to escape. Okay, so we'll say pre-Voyager crud.

#11 Posted by Paytience (4303 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertmiles1: Prolly be a good idea since spoiler...

Voyager ended with future Janeway bringing borg busting tech and shields back and giving them to Voyager while they are still in the Delta quadrant, and then going kamikaze on the Borg Queen and her fleet and destroying the Borg's transwarp network.

So...I was being serious when I said Janeway's spiteful ass solos.

#12 Posted by RobertMiles1 (911 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Paytience (4303 posts) - - Show Bio