Avatar image for captain_redfists
#51 Posted by Captain_Redfists (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Hogan solos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#52 Posted by blackpantherisb (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

America gets utterly stomped

#53 Edited by Requiemmother (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Nuclear bombs blow up the planet. Nobody wins.

#54 Posted by Sergeant-RL3 (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Even one year of total isolation would economically cripple the USA

#55 Edited by Wewlad80 (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

On a Serious note. Apparently No one on this thread understands what Imperialism and Annexation is.

And every Round ends up with America being turned into a Moon Crater and with the Rest of the world being entirely Irradiated Wastelands with pockets of 3rd world colonys.

#56 Posted by deathmetal (204 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#57 Edited by Paytience (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Will respond to all of this later...how do you think the rest of the world can manage to INVADE the u.s.?

#58 Posted by Aimless (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God none of you have control over the military

#59 Posted by GoldenGuardian (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: the world is encompassed in one of the hardest enterprises humanity ever faced. After decades of harsh war US declare defeat, because decades of isolationism crippled their economy and war is no more sustainable.

Round 1: same as round 2,but US are conquered in a few years.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#60 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (847 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by Wewlad80 (2172 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenguardian said:

Round 2: the world is encompassed in one of the hardest enterprises humanity ever faced. After decades of harsh war US declare defeat, because decades of isolationism crippled their economy and war is no more sustainable.

Round 1: same as round 2,but US are conquered in a few years.

If you think Modern Superpowers fight conventional wars against each other you are delusional. The Rest of the world isnt dumb enough to mindlessly throw Troops into a slaughter that would take decades to end.

The Only Options here are.

1. The US Lose a political war, People want to join the pact formed by the rest of the world, War never happens.

2. The US Annexation and capture of Canada and Most of Central America Cause Tensions escalate. Nuclear Annihilation

#62 Posted by cooljammy18 (1557 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by Paytience (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@aimless: TBF, everyone here is a better option than Donald Trump.

#64 Edited by god_vulcan (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck Norris solos

No Caption Provided

#65 Posted by Capfan85 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

America wins, all we have to do is take over Canada then we have all the oil, gas and natural resources we need.

America spends 600 billion oer year on defense, and Russians soends a measly 100 billion...not even close.

The only way to beat the US would be nuclear war and not sure that really qualifies as winning becauae a retaliatory strike would destroy all other countries.

The US would be very difficult to invade due to thousands of miles of water around... it would be a logistical nightmare and a slaughter to try to bring millions of troops and equiment over such large oceans. The only possible invasion routes would be through Mexico, Alaska, or the Arctic. These can be easily fortified though and would create choke points where troops and equipment can be easily destroy with f22s and f35s.

#66 Posted by Wewlad80 (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

@capfan85 said:

America wins, all we have to do is take over Canada then we have all the oil, gas and natural resources we need.

America spends 600 billion oer year on defense, and Russians soends a measly 100 billion...not even close.

The only way to beat the US would be nuclear war and not sure that really qualifies as winning becauae a retaliatory strike would destroy all other countries.

The US would be very difficult to invade due to thousands of miles of water around... it would be a logistical nightmare and a slaughter to try to bring millions of troops and equiment over such large oceans. The only possible invasion routes would be through Mexico, Alaska, or the Arctic. These can be easily fortified though and would create choke points where troops and equipment can be easily destroy with f22s and f35s.

This, Except No one really wins unless you consider existing a victory.

#67 Posted by XLR87T3 (5853 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:
@capfan85 said:

This, Except No one really wins unless you consider existing a victory.

Canada is part of America

#68 Posted by HeroUp2112 (11774 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

Let's get this out of the way.

Today, without any 10 year wait (this is all assuming this is all conventional...nuclear the whole world loses), the United States has next to ZERO chance of defeating all the world's militaries, MUCH LESS occupying and pacifying the rest of the world's populations. If someone REALLY wants to make me eat up THAT much time, effort, and aggravation I suppose I will, but they will lose...hard. Sorry, it's just such a fact that it's hardly worth calculating, and I'll get grumpy and insulting if I'm forced to do it.

If the rest of the world tried to invade and conquer the United States? They'd better pack a BIG lunch. I won't make such a bold claim as I did above, but it would be insanely difficult, and it would likely take everything that the world's militaries, economies, and populations had to pull it off. I could war game it, but I'd really rather not. I expect someone is going to make me embarrass them about the above thing.

Now...(let me remind you again that I've said the US could NOT invade the world and succeed, I'm talking her about the world invading the US)

There are a few critical assumptions your making mistakes about with these numbers (though you're not ENTIRELY off base here). A good 75% of these aircraft, naval craft and their crew are in no where NEAR up to date state of technology, readiness, or training that the US forces are. With very few exceptions US air and naval forces can take down (at worst) 4 to 1 (at best) 20 to 1 ratios. I'm not close to exaggerating. A HUGE example here is in submarines. of those 449 submarines the world owns, only 72 are nuclear submarines. Almost all the rest are WW2 or Cold War era diesel craft and are almost exclusively used for coastal defense and/or police work.

Let's also factor in the US coastal defenses (surface to air and surface to surface missiles (anti ship)) Mines these days are pretty much used to keep ships from going certain areas, they aren't really used to damage ships. Unless the ships Captain is an idiot or their sonar is just a pile of junk.

America has 13,444 total aircraft.

The World has a combined total of 36,867.

America's air force would get crushed.

America has

• 19 Aircraft carriers...All of these are modern carriers, several are supercarriers...King of Naval Warfare
  • 6 Frigates ...frigates are fundamentally support craft
  • 62 Destroyers...there's a reason we have so many of them, they do what battleships USED to do only better now
  • 0 Corvettes...no up to date navy uses them
  • 75 Submarines Queen of Naval Warfare...bad news for supply ships.
  • 13 Coastal Defence Craft Kinda usefuel
  • 11 Mine Warfare Craft Kinda useful

The World has

• 15 Aircraft carriers...about 60% of these are up to date modern carriers...China and Russia have three between them
  • 390 Frigates make good targets, would make us waste ammo
  • 320 Corvettes make good targets, would make us waste ammo
  • 449 Submarines decent for coastal defense, except for the decent amount of nuclear boats
  • 2,835 Coastal Dence Craft kinda useful
  • 461 Mine Warfare Craft kinda useful

America's Navy would get crushed.

We cannot be invaded, and even if we cannot occupy the rest of the world, we can force a war of attrition which we stand every chance of winning.

America would get crushed both rounds.

Not necessarily pooping on you here, it's just that numbers aren't the only factor in this by far. In this game of technology and know how, quality can cut into the quantity by a whole lot.

#69 Posted by XLR87T3 (5853 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it is stated as "America" and not the US I actually think we could win we would have to do a lot of work building up Central and South America so they could be at a better level, but the world would have lots of issues because of the divide.

Canada is part of America too, so we definitely win. The world suffers and deteriorates without our trade, while America actually gets better due to being forced to utilize our own vast resources.

#70 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

Let's get this out of the way.

Today, without any 10 year wait (this is all assuming this is all conventional...nuclear the whole world loses), the United States has next to ZERO chance of defeating all the world's militaries, MUCH LESS occupying and pacifying the rest of the world's populations. If someone REALLY wants to make me eat up THAT much time, effort, and aggravation I suppose I will, but they will lose...hard. Sorry, it's just such a fact that it's hardly worth calculating, and I'll get grumpy and insulting if I'm forced to do it.

If the rest of the world tried to invade and conquer the United States? They'd better pack a BIG lunch. I won't make such a bold claim as I did above, but it would be insanely difficult, and it would likely take everything that the world's militaries, economies, and populations had to pull it off. I could war game it, but I'd really rather not. I expect someone is going to make me embarrass them about the above thing.

Now...(let me remind you again that I've said the US could NOT invade the world and succeed, I'm talking her about the world invading the US)

There are a few critical assumptions your making mistakes about with these numbers (though you're not ENTIRELY off base here). A good 75% of these aircraft, naval craft and their crew are in no where NEAR up to date state of technology, readiness, or training that the US forces are. With very few exceptions US air and naval forces can take down (at worst) 4 to 1 (at best) 20 to 1 ratios. I'm not close to exaggerating. A HUGE example here is in submarines. of those 449 submarines the world owns, only 72 are nuclear submarines. Almost all the rest are WW2 or Cold War era diesel craft and are almost exclusively used for coastal defense and/or police work.

Let's also factor in the US coastal defenses (surface to air and surface to surface missiles (anti ship)) Mines these days are pretty much used to keep ships from going certain areas, they aren't really used to damage ships. Unless the ships Captain is an idiot or their sonar is just a pile of junk.

America has 13,444 total aircraft.

The World has a combined total of 36,867.

America's air force would get crushed.

America has

• 19 Aircraft carriers...All of these are modern carriers, several are supercarriers...King of Naval Warfare
  • 6 Frigates ...frigates are fundamentally support craft
  • 62 Destroyers...there's a reason we have so many of them, they do what battleships USED to do only better now
  • 0 Corvettes...no up to date navy uses them
  • 75 Submarines Queen of Naval Warfare...bad news for supply ships.
  • 13 Coastal Defence Craft Kinda useful
  • 11 Mine Warfare Craft Kinda useful

The World has

• 15 Aircraft carriers...about 60% of these are up to date modern carriers...China and Russia have three between them
  • 390 Frigates make good targets, would make us waste ammo
  • 320 Corvettes make good targets, would make us waste ammo - Would also take out your submarines (I mean they were primarily used anti-submarine missions.
  • 449 Submarines decent for coastal defense, except for the decent amount of nuclear boats
  • 2,835 Coastal Dence Craft kinda useful
  • 461 Mine Warfare Craft kinda useful

America's Navy would get crushed.

We cannot be invaded, and even if we cannot occupy the rest of the world, we can force a war of attrition which we stand every chance of winning.

America would get crushed both rounds.

Not necessarily pooping on you here, it's just that numbers aren't the only factor in this by far. In this game of technology and know how, quality can cut into the quantity by a whole lot.

Agreed America stands no chance. There's no need to throw insults around if you are "forced" to do calculating, This thread is all fun and games, we all know that no such even would happen due to the threat of nuclear bombs.

I don't see how it would be insanely difficult when you factor in Alaska & Canada, Canada in my mind could realistically annex Alaska and allow free movement of men and machines from Russia to North America.

Also could you be a bit more specific when you say "war game it" I don't understand what you mean.

Ok.

Agreed that most countries do not possess the technology and training, but then you need to remember what the OP stated about "10 years of prep for both sides", we can safely assume that the most advanced militaries in the world such as China, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Germany etc will be on hand to provide technology and training for the rest of the world, Now i'll admit that it is a stretch to assume that these 5 countries would be able to drastically increase the militaristic capabilities of the entire world (barring the USA of course) but it would not be such a stretch to assume that these countries would drastically improve the technologies of one another and maybe a few "less developed countries".

Sorry I also just realised that I forgot to include Destroyers for "the world". I'll do that now.

The worldhas:

• 144 Destroyers

Oh no don't assume that I'm saying that the world win through sheer numbers, but you have to admit that the numbers do play a factor.

Especially when the number differences are so large.

The combined active military manpower for the world is 19,242,115

The active military manpower for the USA is 1,400,000.

Each US Soldier would have to kill approximately 14 enemy soldiers, very doable I admit.

But if we flip the tables then each "world" soldier would only have to kill approximately 0.07 US soldiers.

I'll admit that the US probably outclasses all of the minor players in this battle but the heavy hitters of the "world" match the US for technology and arguably surpass them in other areas such as training.

#71 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:
@wispymatt said:

Since it is stated as "America" and not the US I actually think we could win we would have to do a lot of work building up Central and South America so they could be at a better level, but the world would have lots of issues because of the divide.

Canada is part of America too, so we definitely win. The world suffers and deteriorates without our trade, while America actually gets better due to being forced to utilize our own vast resources.

OP specifically mentions US Citizens, So I believe he intends this to be a battle between the U.S.A vs. The World.

#72 Posted by mrmonster (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming for this we are not including weapons of mass destruction. If that were the case, we'd all die in a nuclear holocaust.

1. America gets curbstomped. We may have the largest military on Earth, but in those ten years, the whole world would build a military bigger than anything we could dream of.

2. Again, America gets curbstomped. Best case scenario we resort to guerilla warfare, but even then we couldn't win.

America has a mere 5% of the world's population. There is just no way we can match the world's numbers.

#73 Posted by nfactor1995 (11117 posts) - - Show Bio

America would lose both rounds. Also our economy would likely completely implode (taking the country down with it from the inside) with no outside trading...so we wouldn't even have the opportunity to fight before we lose.

#74 Posted by Number1Boss (197 posts) - - Show Bio

America gets devastated by nukes.

#75 Edited by AbstractRaze (116 posts) - - Show Bio

As long Nuclear weapons remain not obsolete, the entire humanity would get extinct.

After Nuclear weapons become obsolete there could be many variables from different perspectives/scenarios.

Nuclear weapons become obsolete during the 10 years prep.

USA would lose without difficulties.

Nuclear weapons become suddenly obsolete without 10 years prep.

USA would still lose without difficulties.

Maybe European, Russian and China's current tech arsenal isn't that sophisticated in comparison to USA's tech, but they aren't far away from it.

The whole financial system is made up by Dollars, USA created the Euro and supported the creation of the EU to avoid any confrontation between Europeans, so that means there isn't any monetary replacement for the Dollar, so if the Dollar falls down worldwide, every single coinage from every single nation would fall down as well, since everything is valued in Dollars.

Ofc the whole situation would dramatically affect the USA, but other nations would be financially deep in the butt after a couple of weeks.

The entire world still has the number on their side and enough military tech.

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
#76 Edited by JohnPeterBanana (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump solos

Edit/Extra: Just realizing how stu... silly the human being can be in this thread...

#77 Edited by Wispymatt (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: That is what I believe he meant also but since that is kind of a stomp I went with using the term America correctly which would be better and I believe America could win that.

#78 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: That is what I believe he meant also but since that is kind of a stomp I went with using the term America correctly which would be better and I believe America could win that.

When you "America" do you mean, the USA, North America, South America or the Continent of America?

#79 Posted by nimrods (422 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with almost everyone that America stomps. All the world's armies amounts to nothing when America is protected by two gigantic oceans and also by Canada and Mexico. That's right, Canada is actually protecting United States lol you have to invade Canada and Mexico first just to roll tanks into America. Fact is, the technology just isn't there to overcome mother nature. The invading countries would be sitting ducks in ocean.

In WWII, it took America only a few months to completely build up industrial capacity -- a dozen B-52 bombers were churned out every day. In this OP scenario when you have 10 years, the combined output of America, Canada -- the continent with the most natural resources -- would be insane.

So either America stomps, or World wide total nuclear annihilation

#80 Edited by Wispymatt (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: It depends normally it would just mean North America when I say because I ignore South America, but if if I am talking with my friends about the USA and we joke then I would say America would just destroy everyone.

#81 Edited by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimrods said:

I agree with almost everyone that America stomps. All the world's armies amounts to nothing when America is protected by two gigantic oceans and also by Canada and Mexico. That's right, Canada is actually protecting United States lol you have to invade Canada and Mexico first just to roll tanks into America. Fact is, the technology just isn't there to overcome mother nature. The invading countries would be sitting ducks in ocean.

In WWII, it took America only a few months to completely build up industrial capacity -- a dozen B-52 bombers were churned out every day. In this OP scenario when you have 10 years, the combined output of America, Canada -- the continent with the most natural resources -- would be insane.

So either America stomps, or World wide total nuclear annihilation

OP specifically mentions US citizens, the USA is alone in this fight.

Also I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that America is "protected by two gigantic oceans", when the shortest distance between Russia and the USA is only 53 miles.

No Caption Provided

In WWII, it took America only a few months to completely build up industrial capacity.

You forgot to mention that the build up financially cripped America, by the time world war 2 was over, America was in up to its eyeballs in debt. (approximately $2.87 trillion).

In this OP scenario when you have 10 years, the combined output of America, Canada -- the continent with the most natural resources -- would be insane.

You're forgetting that the entire world is working together, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that America is beating the rest of the world in militaristic production. Nope, not happening.

You've got to be more specific when you say "natural resources".

#82 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

No way does America win.

#83 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31780 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimrods said:

I agree with almost everyone that America stomps

That's self contradictory. Either you agree with almost everyone, or you say America stomps.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
#84 Posted by Lord_Adamantium (425 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason America can afford the military and tech it has is because the dollar is the standard currency for oil. It will soon be replaced by Indian Rupee or the Chinese Yuan and then dollar will be severely devalued and to near worthlessness our economy will crash.

Now, if we are isolated for 10 years that means that the dollar is automatically replaced with either the rupee or the yuan so we would be in abject poverty/3rd world country by the end of the 10 year prep period.

The World would win easily because of economic factors including the one I referenced above.

#85 Edited by FFP (420 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Look all thos fat 'muricans that doesn't even know that Africa isn't a country thinking they can take THE ENTIRE F*CK!N WORLD!!! Biggest mismatch of all times!

China and a lot of other countries solos. If all arabs countries united with the solo intention to destroy 'murica would be enough. LOL

#86 Edited by AbstractRaze (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

You forgot to mention that the build up financially cripped America, by the time world war 2 was over, America was in up to its eyeballs in debt. (approximately $2.87 trillion).

To begin with, USA made billions from billions from the military industry during the WWII and the state was in debt, when in reality, who gives a damn shit when the state and their private militaristic companies are in the same bag? Thank's the WWII and the Cold War, the U.S became a legit World Power ranking as the Nr. 1, considering that before the WWII, England was in the rank Nr. 1.

#87 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

To begin with, USA made billions from billions from the Military industry during the WW2 and the state was in debt when in reality who gives a damn shit when the state and their militaristic companies are in the same bag? thank's the WWII and the Cold War, the U.S became a legit World Power.

Yet it was still in debt by the end of world war 2.

#88 Edited by AbstractRaze (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

I repeat myself, who gives a damn crap when their private militaristic companies are in the same bag, by reinvesting their whole earnings in the central federal reserve of the Unite States of America, don't be recklessssss.....

#89 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer:

I repeat myself, who gives a damn crap when their private militaristic companies are in the same bag, by reinvesting their whole earnings in the central federal reserve of the Unite States of America, don't be recklessssss.....

They can't reinvest anything anyway, right now America is over $15 trillion in debt.

#90 Posted by Wispymatt (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: If the US was going to war with the world do you really think we would pay back any money we owed? In reality it wouldn't cripple us if we had to stay internal as much as it would cripple the countries we owed to because they still have to trade with countries while we are allowed to.

Although I will admit I could be wrong here.

#91 Posted by Vulkanian (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@ffp: You're retarded if you think China can beat the US in a 1v1. The US beats any country 1v1.

#92 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: If the US was going to war with the world do you really think we would pay back any money we owed? In reality it wouldn't cripple us if we had to stay internal as much as it would cripple the countries we owed to because they still have to trade with countries while we are allowed to.

Although I will admit I could be wrong here.

If the US was going to war with the world it wouldn't matter what they owed back, you need to remember that during a world war budgets get thrown out the window and almost every available resource is sent directly to the military.

In reality an isolated US would be financially crippled after maybe 1-2 years of isolation, the world wouldn't have this issue due to being able to trade with other countries.

#93 Posted by DarthFallax (372 posts) - - Show Bio

America couldn't take out Russia and China, much less Russia, China, Japan, Germany, Britain, and over a hundred other countries.

Prolly this.

Or worldwide nuclear destruction.

Ehh...going with the latter.

#94 Posted by god_vulcan (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

@combatt: I gotta give you your props for making this thread... It was a good idea and now everyone is either oozing with patriotism or exposing their hate for the country XD

#95 Posted by god_vulcan (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

Meteor crashes, everybody dies gg

#96 Edited by god_vulcan (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

@aimless said:

Thank God none of you have control over the military

LMAO

#97 Posted by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@combatt: I gotta give you your props for making this thread... It was a good idea and now everyone is either oozing with patriotism or exposing their hate for the country XD

I don't hate any country to be honest, I just get annoyed when people assume that their country is the be all end all. I'm extremely patriotic for my country (United Kingdom) but I'm not afraid to say that we'd get crushed by the likes of Russia.

#98 Posted by god_vulcan (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: What? I wasn't calling you out specifically, I was talking in general lol. That wasn't directed towards you.

Also I heard that you're an alt account for citizen_sentry????

#99 Edited by CitizenSurfer (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan said:

@citizensurfer: What? I wasn't calling you out specifically, I was talking in general lol. That wasn't directed towards you.

Also I heard that you're an alt account for citizen_sentry????

I know lol, Just wanted to get it out of the way before anybody started making assumptions. :)

Do you mean CitizenSentry? In that case then yeah I am.

#100 Edited by Watcher5000 (3182 posts) - - Show Bio

The U.S. builds a wall and wins since no one can get in.