Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Yeah,I figured it was a curbstomp.Chase ftw.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akira Overdrive

I was going to make FF vs Planetary but that would be to much lol.Jakita,Elijah,Ambrose,and Drummer might have a better chance?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sling Shot

Ayo! Akira who gave permission to activate my dude? Naw, jus playin. Ambrose could potentially win but more than likely the FF will take a chance encounter. Due more to their team dynamic than any independant advatage.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sling Shot

The reason i give to FF is they have whole libraries of representation of what they are capable of. Ambrose is still somewhat of an enigma, showing up only a handfull of times in his series.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

So Ambrose basically uses selective time and gravity distortion to perform Matrix-like feats? That's impressive, but I don't think he has the offensive power to take down the Four. I suppose he could potentially use his 'bullet time' abilities to speedblitz them with gunfire, but that won't phase Thing or Mr. Fantastic. If Chase gives Sue even a second to react, she's going to put a softball-sized forcefield in his heart, and that will be that.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Thats not his only power.It isn't limited to "Matrix-like feats"

Selective Physics Distortion Field: This field enabled Ambrose to bend the laws of physics within limits. Ambrose could use the field on himself, project it over a large area of unspecified dimensions, or concentrate it onto a smaller area or object, such as another person.

Friction Control: ability to control friction by the distortion of physical reality.     * Nullify Snares: ability to cancel out movement at a range of 10 feet.    * Nullify Machines: ability to cancel out the working of machines at a range of 10 feet. Gravity Control: ability to control gravity by the distortion of physical reality.     * Super-Movement: ability to achieve exaggerations of movement due to control of gravity, allowing him the abilities of (Slow Fall, Wall-Crawling, Sure-Footed, Permeate, Water Walking, Trackless).    * Immovable: ability to control gravity so that he can make himself, others or objects unmmovable    * Super Strength: ability to control gravity to allow him to defy the concept of weight. Spatial Control: ability to control space by the distortion of physical reality.     * Deflection: ability to enact spatial control to deflect objects, energy or blows by warping space around him.    * Change Direction: ability to warp space to change the direction of bullets, etc.    * Change Velocity: ability to warp space to change the velocity of moving beings or objects.    * Accuracy: ability to manipulate the spatial characteristics around him to allow for perfect precision. Time Control: ability to control time by the distortion of physical space.     * Precognition: allows him brief vague glimpses of the future.    * Postcognition: allows him brief vague glimpses of the past.    * Paralyze: ability to manipulate time to paralyze others and objects.

Ill post scans..after I find them...

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sling Shot

Ambrose exited the Planetary series before the upper limits of his field could be ascertained, but to what he exhibited before his departure ya'll are correct.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Akira Overdrive says:

"I was going to make FF vs Planetary but that would be to much lol.Jakita,Elijah,Ambrose,and Drummer might have a better chance?"

I did that.

Alexander Anderson says:

"So Ambrose basically uses selective time and gravity distortion to perform Matrix-like feats? That's impressive, but I don't think he has the offensive power to take down the Four. I suppose he could potentially use his 'bullet time' abilities to speedblitz them with gunfire, but that won't phase Thing or Mr. Fantastic. If Chase gives Sue even a second to react, she's going to put a softball-sized forcefield in his heart, and that will be that."

He's got offensive abilities. For example, speeding up time around a character could age them to death in seconds and doing that to just a part of them would be incredibly painful.

Akira Overdrive says:

"Thats not his only power.It isn't limited to "Matrix-like feats"..."

Not sure all those powers are legit as I don't remember seeing anything from the Friction Control section in the comics. Looks like something taken from an RP guide or something (I know it's from DC Database but I think that might be where it came from before that).

Sling Shot says:

"The reason i give to FF is they have whole libraries of representation of what they are capable of. Ambrose is still somewhat of an enigma, showing up only a handfull of times in his series."

Agreed.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akira Overdrive

I have a scan where he fights Superman...and does some trick..where speeds up time around Clark's head.I just need to fin it.

@Buck-Who won between FF and Planetary?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Akira Overdrive says:

"I have a scan where he fights Superman...and does some trick..where speeds up time around Clark's head.I just need to fin it.@Buck-Who won between FF and Planetary?"

This is what you're looking for:

And Planetary won, although it was just a bit unfair. They knew who they were up against.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Thats exactly what I was looking for,thanks bruh.I always wondered if Planetary could handle the FF like they do The Four.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that time-acceleration trick is just nasty. Still, he's outnumbered four to one here, and he doesn't know what the FF can do. He could conceivably solo them all by slowing down time, killing Torch and Sue before they could react, and then rapid-aging Ben and Reed. But he'd need to do it immediately, and if Sue or Johnny are the least bit proactive, he's in trouble. With only normal human durability, even Reed could kill him with a displaced mass punch, nevermind Ben. Johnny could fry him, Sue could pop him. It all depends on who's willing to use lethal force first.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Alexander Anderson says:

"Johnny could fry him, Sue could pop him. It all depends on who's willing to use lethal force first."

That contest goes to Ambrose.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"Johnny could fry him, Sue could pop him. It all depends on who's willing to use lethal force first."

That contest goes to Ambrose."

So it would seem. That's the problem with pitting Wildstorm against most other universes...they're all just so damn hardcore about everything.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That's only a problem when they're made to fight heroes from other companies.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"That's only a problem when they're made to fight heroes from other companies."

Yeah. Wildstorm is just excellent all around. It's refreshing to see an honest depiction of the effects of superstrength for example. Anyone with strength over class 10 is going to rip normal people to pieces with their punches, and that's exactly what happens in Wildstorm.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sling Shot

Ambrose is my hero.

And yeah Jakita, Jack , Midnighter puch parts off of people. Thats strong.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers