Aquaman, Mera, Lori Lemaris
Aquaman, Mera, Lori Lemaris

Tempest
Tempest

1000 Atlanteans
1000 Atlanteans

Aqualad
Aqualad

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 3 days prep
  • No BFR
  • In character

The Atlanteans are coming to strike!
Amazon leader:: Wonder Woman
Atlantean leader:: Aquaman

Who wins and why?
Please use logic and reasoning

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
#2 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Read flashpoint

#3 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment said:

Read flashpoint

No! Never touch it.

#4 Posted by Belladonna (12084 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment said:

Read flashpoint

I read the sideline characters ;(

eg. Secret Seven&&Traci Thirteen

#5 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#6 Posted by sa5m (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

It is not the same war as that one

#7 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to read how the Amazons make absolutely no sense whatsoever, then Flashpoint is your kind of story. But from what I hear, it is nothing compared to the impossible continuity error that rested on GL books so I may not have as much to complain about as them lol.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (42874 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

Read flashpoint

No! Never touch it.

Flashpoint was just in the "meh" category, and I only read it due to the reboot. However, the tie-ins weren't bad.
#9 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Most of them were pretty good, even booster gold.

#10 Posted by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

I stole one of those epic pictures from you

#11 Posted by JediXMan (42874 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment said:

@JediXMan: Most of them were pretty good, even booster gold.

I particularly liked the Batman one, myself. And the World of Flashpoint.
#12 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Aye, Batman was both interesting and twisted. Who would have thought Martha..

#13 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Erik said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

Read flashpoint

No! Never touch it.

Flashpoint was just in the "meh" category, and I only read it due to the reboot. However, the tie-ins weren't bad.

I meant just in reference to the Amazons. Batman was good and the core title was good. WoF was not bad but everything else was pretty terrible. Notably Lois Lane's jump from a human sized chest to Power Girl proportions. Most of the things and people the Amazons had only existed in Post Crisis because of Diana's journey off the island. That never happened in Flashpoint which by itself is not even acceptable but to have it happen because Flash's mother did not die, a character that has never had anything to do with WW, hell Flash barely has had anything to do with WW.... That is lazy and ludicrous.

The entire event seemed like a distraction of mindless action and fan service so we would not notice they wiped the slate clean with most of the characters for DCNU.

#14 Posted by sa5m (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody have an opinion on the battle ?

#15 Posted by Superskrull86 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlanteans

#16 Posted by sa5m (2381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86
Do you have any particular reason? =)
#17 Posted by Belladonna (12084 posts) - - Show Bio

couldn't Tempest bfr them ?

#18 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

@Erik said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

Read flashpoint

No! Never touch it.

I meant just in reference to the Amazons. Batman was good and the core title was good. WoF was not bad but everything else was pretty terrible. Notably Lois Lane's jump from a human sized chest to Power Girl proportions. Most of the things and people the Amazons had only existed in Post Crisis because of Diana's journey off the island. That never happened in Flashpoint which by itself is not even acceptable but to have it happen because Flash's mother did not die, a character that has never had anything to do with WW, hell Flash barely has had anything to do with WW.... That is lazy and ludicrous.

The entire event seemed like a distraction of mindless action and fan service so we would not notice they wiped the slate clean with most of the characters for DCNU.

I agree with you.

Apparently allot of things happened just because of Flash's changes, Bruce being killed instead of his parents, Superman being locked in a lab upon arrival on Earth, Captain Marvel being Captain thunder needing all the kids to say the word to get empowered etc etc.
#19 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment said:

I agree with you. Apparently allot of things happened just because of Flash's changes, Bruce being killed instead of his parents, Superman being locked in a lab upon arrival on Earth, Captain Marvel being Captain thunder needing all the kids to say the word to get empowered etc etc.

That is right. For some reason, Flash having a mother caused Superman's space craft to crash in the middle of the city of Metropolis instead of the heart of Kansas in Smallville. So Flash's mother caused the placement of the entire planet to change? Or did her presence reach out into space and pull his ship to another location?

#20 Posted by sa5m (2381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:

couldn't Tempest bfr them ?

No BFR. Forgot to say before =)
#21 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

I agree with you. Apparently allot of things happened just because of Flash's changes, Bruce being killed instead of his parents, Superman being locked in a lab upon arrival on Earth, Captain Marvel being Captain thunder needing all the kids to say the word to get empowered etc etc.

That is right. For some reason, Flash having a mother caused Superman's space craft to crash in the middle of the city of Metropolis instead of the heart of Kansas in Smallville. So Flash's mother caused the placement of the entire planet to change? Or did her presence reach out into space and pull his ship to another location?

I'm not sure, I think his mother may have also told Joe Chill to kill Bruce instead of his parents.
#22 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment:

Lol.

#23 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like his mother was actually the Devil. So much mayhem created just because she lived.

#24 Edited by beerhan (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlanteans are greater in number, and every one of them have adapted to the intense pressure of the oceans depths. Due to this Aquaman can deflect bullet for christ sake!! how are the amazons gunnna hurt that?? The durability factor I think wins this. Even if the Amazons have super strength (which the atlanteans do too), they are not as durable and therefore will have more deaths. Plus the atlanteans who can make it back to water will heal faster. this is no contest.

#25 Edited by kcaz (1408 posts) - - Show Bio

the Atlanteans win. 

they have advanced technology on their side and aquaman has the Trident of Poseidon. the trident hold great mystical powers, capable of controlling any body of water, creating water elementals, speed ships and other water vehicles with water, create fogs and storms of high intensity, summon waves of water to propel him at great speeds, and create earthquakes by increasing water pressure. It can manipulate and conjure water, as well as disperse energy in the form of bolts and forcefields. 

the key is the trident, with it, aquaman will flood the battlefield and the battle will take place underwater where the amazon army will be massacred.  Wonder Woman will put up a fight but will be no match for aquaman underwater

#26 Posted by Myst1que (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Flashpoint, or watch 'Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox' and that pretty much gives you some easy answers.

#27 Posted by Army2442 (3324 posts) - - Show Bio

Who here enjoyed the animated movie version of flash point more then the actual comic?

#28 Posted by senglord (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

Azarello and Snyder wrote great tie ins to a weak event.

And Johns was himself, sigh.

#29 Posted by Whirleybird (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlanteans. Aquaman cancause tidal waves and the fight is on an island, once he drowns the 1000 amazons it's a one sided fight in the water

#30 Posted by pressurecross (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Doubt the Atlanteans take this (Advance Technology, Mystics, Elements, Durability, Resources, Terrain even the home advantage for the Amazons still the island is still surrounded by water Amazon Leaders would put up a fight but they will get overwelm afterward.

#31 Posted by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao Amazons stomp, WW, Donna and WG wreck this alone.

#32 Edited by MorbusGrav (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Doubt the Atlanteans take this (Advance Technology, Mystics, Elements, Durability, Resources, Terrain even the home advantage for the Amazons still the island is still surrounded by water Amazon Leaders would put up a fight but they will get overwelm afterward.

You gotta be joking?

Pre-52 Wonder Woman solos.

#33 Edited by pressurecross (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@morbusgrav: Wonder Woman Pre-52 against all Atlantean army including their leaders (Aquaman-2000's, Mera-New 52, Tempest, Kaldur) now that's a what i call a joke. Arthur - gonna Mindrape her via Psychic attack using his Telephaty and gonna be distracted by thousands of sea monsters both huge as a kraken and tiny as a plankton, Mera's - gonna drain the water out of her body in a distance providing Hydro-shields to her ally, Tempest - gonna bombarded her with his beams also using both his Pyrokinesis & Cryokinesis ability on WW, Kaldur gonna use his Hydrokinesis combine with his electric energy to Pierce WW while she was caught by Telephaty and Dehydration. With the Army aiming her at the same time blitzing aint gonna be a help for her when most of the gonna be underwater. - dont put so much hype and hopes for WW popularity alone, becuz they ain't gonna fight her in Physical Hand to hand combat these would be too much for her. Not to metion Poseidon's Trident and the terrain.

#34 Posted by The_Badman (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazons stomp. Death Ray kills all Atlanteans once they reach Themyscira.

@pressurecross: Telepathy doesn't work on WW.