Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theamazingbatman

Every one has one sword , one short blade , one hidden blade.

Fight takes place in gotham at night time.

winner by death of every other assassin .

R:1 everyone is far away from each other and wants to assassinate each other .

R:2 everyone is 2 meters away from each other. Every assassin is at sight of every other assassin.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure close-combat, Altair wins with relative ease.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Don't know Ed well.

Ezio 4/10, Connor 4/10, Altair 2/10.

Also, I'm sure this has been done.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghostrider2

Altair owns.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Connor FTW

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Altair.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altair hands down

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure close-combat, Altair wins with relative ease.

how??

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First round goes to Ezio. He has consistently displayed his tactical and strategic smarts, has Eagle Sense (which by definition can predict the paths his targets will take), and is just as skilled as Connor and Altair.

Second round goes to Connor. He's brutal by nature, far more athletic than everyone else here, has better hand to hand feats, has better experience when dealing with weapons with reach, can take more punishment than anyone else here IMO.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: Altair is also master swordsman, he would slaughter, i was talking round 2.In round 1 he still wins.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: Altair is also master swordsman, he would slaughter, i was talking round 2.In round 1 he still wins.

ezio , connor and edward are master swordsmen too .

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the guards in AC could do what altair could do with his long sword :P

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: He has far better close-combat feats than any of the others.

Which makes sense, considering that he didn't have all the various pieces of special weaponry and equipment that the others did.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: He has far better close-combat feats than any of the others.

Which makes sense, considering that he didn't have all the various pieces of special weaponry and equipment that the others did.

ezio knew everything about close combat that altair knew + more.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Penderor

Altair is best swordsman from them.And he has more experience than any of them.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

edward is the best assasin here ..( and I am telling it from the perspective of the gamer who have played all these games)..he has good stealth ..something ezio n altair didnt have..so he will own R1. He will just stealth kill altair n ezio and connor.

R2- now this is tough. Connor has a good chance of winning this as well as altair. I am sorry , ezio fans. I am a fan of ezio himself, but he can't take a good beating like others here. Connor by far is the most durable of these assasins, though he lacks the focus and speed of altair. So it may depend on luck..or we can say R2== Connor vs altair.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theamazingbatman
SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SirMethos

@theamazingbatman: Yes, the only AC game I haven't completed is Black Flag. I've completed both AC2, ACB, and ACR several times.

I'll take that as a "no".

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirmethos: I already answered that question in the Altair vs. Ezio thread.

theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: Yes, the only AC game I haven't completed is Black Flag. I've completed both AC2, ACB, and ACR several times.

I'll take that as a "no".

Ubisoft producers themselves said that ezio at the height of his skill was more skilled than altair

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rogueshadow: Why did you put Altair so low? He has proved great combat skill with swords

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lethalsmash

Probably Altair in both but Ezio maybe round two.

Even if gameplay never did him justice, from an historical sense crusaders are known to be some of the best swords men in history...and Altair took out like 20 of them in front of King Richard himself, and that's not just some gameplay only thing, that's suppose to be a "historical" event when Altair did that haha

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I dislike him, I think Connor takes both rounds. Mostly because of his superior and more diverse training, his superior physicals, and his impressive agility.

Jmarshmallow

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I dislike him, I think Connor takes both rounds. Mostly because of his superior and more diverse training, his superior physicals, and his impressive agility.

Jmarshmallow

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, Connor for both I guess. But Altair is still my favorite.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Altair in both but Ezio maybe round two.

Even if gameplay never did him justice, from an historical sense crusaders are known to be some of the best swords men in history...and Altair took out like 20 of them in front of King Richard himself, and that's not just some gameplay only thing, that's suppose to be a "historical" event when Altair did that haha

Very true. But if we look at it from that point of view, then Connor was able to outpace the gunshots from a whole army of British soldiers, react to a surprise attack from an abnormally large cougar, take down entire forts single-handedly, climb up a sinking ship without touching the water, and do all those other impressive things necessary for 100% synchronization, which are all canon feats.

Connor is borderline metahuman.

Jmarshmallow

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: that's actually alittle different. All those things were just gameplay and not necessarily suppose to be historical. I know he more than likely took out entire bases and ships and stuff but if he actually did it single handedly or with his fleet or with what equipment is all chosen by the player. Lol And the gunfire can be avoided just by hiding it's not like he out ran bullets, and the cougar stuff...is that actually a part of the missions or is it just something encountered through a certain path or action the player goes?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: that's actually alittle different. All those things were just gameplay and not necessarily suppose to be historical. I know he more than likely took out entire bases and ships and stuff but if he actually did it single handedly or with his fleet or with what equipment is all chosen by the player. Lol And the gunfire can be avoided just by hiding it's not like he out ran bullets, and the cougar stuff...is that actually a part of the missions or is it just something encountered through a certain path or action the player goes?

Actually, 100% synchronization is the canon gameplay of the game. It's the way that the player was supposedto handle each mission, according to how it actually "happened" in the past. That's the entire point of the synchronization concept. The reason why you lose health when you're getting hit isn't because you have a certain amount of "life." It's actually because the ancestor never got hit, and you getting hit is making the Animus fall out of synchronization, because you're messing up the past.

So as long as you are following the 100% synchronization, it actually ishistorically, because that's the way that the ancestor actually completed the mission. So while Edward took down entire forts with his crew, Connor did it single-handedly. Or, at least, he did some of them single-handedly, because you were required to take down at least one fort prior to receiving any assassins to assist you.

And while the gunfire might seem minor to you whilst you're playing, I would like to see YOU make it across a battlefield while trying to dodge the shots of 200+ men, while calculating how much time you have between shots, while taking into account stray bullets andcanon-fire. Certainly no minor feat if you ask me.

And the cougar part is actually part of a mission. There is a legendary cougar on the loose that professional hunters are afraid of and deem as a myth, and that same cougar sneaks up and attacks Connor, and he is able to not only react to it, but defeat it as well.

Jmarshmallow

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Hm, I didn't remember that, it's been like 2 years since I've played that one. But you can't really be thinking that Connor is super human to that level. I mean all assassins are supposedly super human but what Connor did wasn't something they couldn't all do. I know you're speaking of the ac3 trailer and you're supporting that one in the wrong way. He was on a horse, a barrage of bullets fired and he was covered by the horse so it went down, he got up and ran to a pile of rocks to shelter him from the next barrage of bullets, then ran into the ranks while they were reloading...that's not super human, that is literally coincidental, then even more so at the end of that trailer the general he shot with the arrow pulls out a pistol and boom...there's no shot in it and Connor is just walking up to him...WTF is that! What if there was a shot? Connor would be dead! Did he really plan that? Lol, no way in hell would I or could I do that but is that possible..YES! Musket rifles suck, have no accuracy, and take forever to load, I mean crossbow would have been more deadly. Connor not getting hit isn't him being that bad ass(although it was haha) it's the incompetence of the enemy. We can't compare gameplay kinds of actions and movements cause if we did Edward would stomp all of them just from his game play mechanics, but that's just the engine and technology used in that game. We only have movie like trailers and historical event like things to go off of to see how they really are:)

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let us take this piece by piece.

@jmarshmallow: Hm, I didn't remember that, it's been like 2 years since I've played that one. But you can't really be thinking that Connor is super human to that level.

I actually DO think that Connor has some metahuman feats.

I mean all assassins are supposedly super human but what Connor did wasn't something they couldn't all do.

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. But we can't assume that they can unless they have equal or superior feats to back that up.

I know you're speaking of the ac3 trailer and you're supporting that one in the wrong way.

I'm actually not. I'm referring to this:

Loading Video...

Take notice on how he is dodging gunfire from hundreds of soldiers, dodging canon-fire, and just being an all-around bad@$$.

He was on a horse, a barrage of bullets fired and he was covered by the horse so it went down, he got up and ran to a pile of rocks to shelter him from the next barrage of bullets, then ran into the ranks while they were reloading...that's not super human, that is literally coincidental, then even more so at the end of that trailer the general he shot with the arrow pulls out a pistol and boom...there's no shot in it and Connor is just walking up to him...WTF is that! What if there was a shot? Connor would be dead! Did he really plan that? Lol, no way in hell would I or could I do that but is that possible..YES! Musket rifles suck, have no accuracy, and take forever to load, I mean crossbow would have been more deadly. Connor not getting hit isn't him being that bad ass(although it was haha) it's the incompetence of the enemy.

None of this is relevant, as it wasn't what I was talking about lol. However, I will say that the trailer is completely canon, therefore him charging through the battlefield and defeating a whole battalion of Redcoats counts for something.

We can't compare gameplay kinds of actions and movements cause if we did Edward would stomp all of them just from his game play mechanics, but that's just the engine and technology used in that game. We only have movie like trailers and historical event like things to go off of to see how they really are:)

We actually can count gameplay, as I've explained before the 100% synchronization is canon and reflects how the "history" actually played out. That 100% sync is how the ancestors actually handled those missions.

Jmarshmallow

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: oh hahaha no no I mean the physical mechanics of the gameplay. You're right about the story happening how one plays it in reality but I just mean like being able to run and transition to free climbing being better and the fact that Altair can't swim(which is unbelievable since Syria his surrounded by seas, rivers and lakes, he at least wouldn't drown), smoother fight scenes and fight sequences, better counters, flawless traveling though cities and stuff like that. Ya missions and primary objectives being completed how they are suppose to be are, for the most part, historical events. I do have to say that Altair has a single better feat, defeating his master with the apple of Eden. I don't even see how that's possible:0 and I'm sorry but I still just think that avoiding musket gunfire from incompetent soldiers(though yes bad ass) just isn't that impressive, not as impressive as Altair or Ezio avoiding swords and spears being swung at them from all directions in close quarters combat.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose altair not that I know what a single one of these guys can do but I saw one cut scene in Assassin's creed II which made me think...that guy is good.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethalsmash: Hm. Agree to disagree on this then I suppose.

However, I will say that being able to resist the Apple of Eden is impressive, but not surprising. It seems like everybody connected in Desmond's line of ancestors has a natural proficeiency when it comes to the Pieces of Eden. More of a willpower feat than a skill feat if you ask me.

Jmarshmallow

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Wasn't Altair a master at the hidden blade?

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lethalsmash

@jmarshmallow: Okie dokie. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but it's just alittle...weird or different to hear someone say that Connor has some sort of extra sensory...sense, I guess, that rivals superman or Spiderman. To be able to actually see and dodge things like bullets. I've just never heard that argument before.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@jmarshmallow: Okie dokie. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but it's just alittle...weird or different to hear someone say that Connor has some sort of extra sensory...sense, I guess, that rivals superman or Spiderman. To be able to actually see and dodge things like bullets. I've just never heard that argument before.

Ahahahahahahah!!! Oh mate, I see you're new here. Dodging bullets is like, Superhero 101 here on the Vine. Don't believe me?

No Caption Provided

That is just one of the hundreds I could give you. Dodging bullets does not even come CLOSE to being equals with Superman or Spider-Man. Now I never once said that Connor has that kind of speed. I just showed you a feat. A feat that, I feel, puts him above all of his peers.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Isn't that video somewhat similar to what Ezio did during the end of ACB? You know when he was trying to reach Cesare during the Siege of Vianna.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Isn't that video somewhat similar to what Ezio did during the end of ACB? You know when he was trying to reach Cesare during the Siege of Vianna.

I don't really consider it similar, as I don't recall Ezio being shot at by 200+ soldiers during the Siege of Vianna.

However, it's still an extremely impressive feat that shouldn't be overlooked. I just don't think it trumps all of Connor's. I would honestly prefer if Ezio was superior, as Connor is my least favorite AC character.

Jmarshmallow

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

I don't really consider it similar, as I don't recall Ezio being shot at by 200+ soldiers during the Siege of Vianna.

However, it's still an extremely impressive feat that shouldn't be overlooked. I just don't think it trumps all of Connor's. I would honestly prefer if Ezio was superior, as Connor is my least favorite AC character.

Jmarshmallow

True there weren't that many soldiers but Ezio had to run through a battlefield while being bombarded by cannons, granted he was on horseback but there also wasn't really any cover. I mean it's not like Connor was running straight at his enemies, he took his time and used cover to his advantage. I'm not saying that it's not impressive, but I don't think it's enough to give him an edge against combatants that are vastly more skilled and experienced than he is.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

Jmarshmallow

True there weren't that many soldiers but Ezio had to run through a battlefield while being bombarded by cannons, granted he was on horseback but there also wasn't really any cover. I mean it's not like Connor was running straight at his enemies, he took his time and used cover to his advantage. I'm not saying that it's not impressive, but I don't think it's enough to give him an edge against combatants that are vastly more skilled and experienced than he is.

What makes you say that the other assassins are vastly more skilled than him? Not only was he trained by a top-notch Assassin, but he was also trained by his people from the day he was born. In my opinion that training allowed him to be far more agile and maneuverable than the rest of them.

Adding on his training with Achilles seems like overkill, especially considering Achilles was the Mentor of the Colonies.

Jmarshmallow

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themightyavenger said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

Jmarshmallow

What makes you say that the other assassins are vastly more skilled than him? Not only was he trained by a top-notch Assassin, but he was also trained by his people from the day he was born. In my opinion that training allowed him to be far more agile and maneuverable than the rest of them.

Adding on his training with Achilles seems like overkill, especially considering Achilles was the Mentor of the Colonies.

Jmarshmallow

Okay maybe vastly more skilled is exaggerating a bit, but guys like Ezio and Altair do have a greater quantity of feats. Connor wasn't trained since birth like Altair was, and as far as combat goes Ezio has better feats fighting through all the guards of the Vatican, which included elites like the Papal Guards, to get to the Apple before Cesare comes to mind, as well as beating Cesare, who was known for being a great warrior and general, plus a dozen of his captains all at once, fightin through Capadoccia to get to Manuel while avoiding being hit etc. While Altair has one feat in particular that is very impresive, fighting through two armies and then against half a dozen Crusaders plus Robert de Sable without being hit a single time.

Connor is stronger than his opponents but they have greater skill and experience. Being trained by a Mentor doesn't mean much both Ezio and Altair were trained by the Mentor of their respective branches of assassins.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Okay maybe vastly more skilled is exaggerating a bit, but guys like Ezio and Altair do have a greater quantity of feats. Connor wasn't trained since birth like Altair was, and as far as combat goes Ezio has better feats fighting through all the guards of the Vatican, which included elites like the Papal Guards, to get to the Apple before Cesare comes to mind, as well as beating Cesare, who was known for being a great warrior and general, plus a dozen of his captains all at once, fightin through Capadoccia to get to Manuel while avoiding being hit etc. While Altair has one feat in particular that is very impresive, fighting through two armies and then against half a dozen Crusaders plus Robert de Sable without being hit a single time.

Connor is stronger than his opponents but they have greater skill and experience. Being trained by a Mentor doesn't mean much both Ezio and Altair were trained by the Mentor of their respective branches of assassins.

Granted that Altair has more experience as an Assassin, being trained from birth and all that. However, the feats of combat suggest that Connor can most definitely hang with Altair and Ezio. I mean, the guy bulldozed through entire armies of Redcoats. This is not only a showing of skill, but of speed, considering he had to defeat them WHILE dodging their gunfire. I'd say that certainly balances out what Ezio and Altair have done.

So while Ezio and Altair MIGHTedge him out in skill, Connor isn't that far behind. And because his fighting style is significantly faster than theirs, and that his physicals are superior, I just have to give this to him.

Jmarshmallow

DCPlaymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Connor with pure physicality, strength, and speed

R2: Altair or Ezio on skill alone

I see Connor as possessing the most natural talent and physical tools. Altair and Ezio have the most skill. I read a lot here saying Altair > Ezio in skill and experience, but by AC:R Ezio is pretty damned skilled from all his experience. IMO.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#46  Edited By RolandAlderas

Ezio is the most evolved assassin, Altair is the one who started it all, and Conner is probably the best in skill though, due to his generational gap between the other characters.

Conner<Edward<Ezio<or=Altair

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themightyavenger said:
@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@themightyavenger said:

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Granted that Altair has more experience as an Assassin, being trained from birth and all that. However, the feats of combat suggest that Connor can most definitely hang with Altair and Ezio. I mean, the guy bulldozed through entire armies of Redcoats. This is not only a showing of skill, but of speed, considering he had to defeat them WHILE dodging their gunfire. I'd say that certainly balances out what Ezio and Altair have done.

So while Ezio and Altair MIGHTedge him out in skill, Connor isn't that far behind. And because his fighting style is significantly faster than theirs, and that his physicals are superior, I just have to give this to him.

Jmarshmallow

Bulldozing armies isn't new to anyone here, and as I said it's not like Connor was bullet timing Batman style. He might have somewhat superior reflexes to Ezio and Altair, but they are both more skilled, they might not be on a completely different level than him but the difference isn't negligible either. Add to that the fact that they are both more used to fighting with swords and have defeated enemies with greater reputation for being skilled ( Cesare, Papal Guards, Janissaries, Crusaders, Robert etc), and that Ezio in particular seems to have an edge in endurance and stamina, due to still being able to fight effectively even after being shot in the back and falling off a cliff.

Although tbh, I believe this fight could go either way, Connor certainly seems stronger and maybe a bit more agile, but his opponents have more experience and have fought more dangerous and more skilled enemies and I think that evens it out, if anything Altair might have an advantage due to the equipment avaiable since both Ezio and Connor are used to having a broader arsenal.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I don't see why it never occurred to anyone that Connor's training would be the most advanced even if he's less experienced. It's like comparing Issac Newton to Benjamin Franklin to Edison. Assassins always pass all their knowledge to their sons. Their decendants invent new moves which also get passed on. Right?

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: Would it? I mean it's not like every branch of Assassins uses the same fighting style, at best you could say that they pass on new equipments they might come across like Rope Darts and the Hookblade but since equipment is limited in this fight that doesn't really matter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Connor.