Allen the Alien (Invincible) vs Namor the Submariner (Marvel)

• 119 results
kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Allen the Alien (Invincible) vs Namor the Submariner (Marvel) (98 votes)

Allen shows why he is president of the Coalition of Planets. 64%
Namor shows why he is king of Atlantis. 33%
Too close to call? 3%

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Both are current.

Battle to the death.

Battle starts in Manhattan. Can end up anywhere including space.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-61c7be427f2d4
deactivated-61c7be427f2d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allen throws him to space and beats the devil out of him.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor blinks the fodder

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allen wins here

cv48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Which one of them is a teambuster? ;p

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Current Namor cleared Aaron's Avengers.

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor would beat anyone in the invincible verse

Avatar image for deactivated-6492589c59640
deactivated-6492589c59640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor would win.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allen

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Namor obviously. A consistent peer to the Hulk like him would solo the Invincible verse.

Laufnyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6492589c59640
deactivated-6492589c59640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laufnyr: He has shown to rival the Hulk and intent to be on his level. Current Namor to my knowledge has also overpowered Thor.

Laufnyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laufnyr: He has shown to rival the Hulk and intent to be on his level. Current Namor to my knowledge has also overpowered Thor.

I see. He takes it then

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kaijuking
@laufnyr said:
@theslader said:

I see. He takes it then

Funny in canon crossovers Omni Man is shown Moore Supreme level against Dominex, and enough to hang and stalemate one time Liefeld Supreme. Weaker version of Mark was doing better than Spawn vs Solar Man. Mark and Dinosuarus beat Omnipotus who was wrecking universes and sucking their energies. Allen scales way above both Viltrumite War Mark and Dinosaurus, and wrecked Nolan.

But I forgot, scaling only works one way in Marvel vs Invincible debates. Silly me...

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laufnyr said:
@theslader said:

I see. He takes it then

Funny in canon crossovers Omni Man is Supreme level enough to hang and stalemate one time. Mark was doing better than Spawn vs Solar Man. Allen wrecked Nolan.

But I forgot, scaling only works one way in Marvel vs Invincible debates. Silly me...

So Whizz, what would you say if I brought up how in the canon Unlimited Access crossover Iron Man stalemated Hal?

And that Namor has stomped Iron Man?

Namor>Iron Man>Omni-Man. Not surprising.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:
@kaijuking said:
@laufnyr said:
@theslader said:

I see. He takes it then

Funny in canon crossovers Omni Man is Supreme level enough to hang and stalemate one time. Mark was doing better than Spawn vs Solar Man. Allen wrecked Nolan.

So Whizz, what would you say if I brought up how in the canon Unlimited Access crossover Iron Man stalemated Hal?

Im fine with that. Supreme > Hal anyway. IM also > Namor with no PIS and looking at raw feats and hax. I have NO issues with that.

But if we use scaling then it works both ways.

I can make a Bleeding Edge IM vs current Namor thread and see what people vote on. :)

Laufnyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: @kaijuking: refrain from taggin me over and over again, start the discussion without quoting the whole thing or at least, remove my tag.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karkus
@kaijuking said:
@karkus said:
@kaijuking said:
said:
said:

He has shown to rival the Hulk and intent to be on his level. Current Namor to my knowledge has also overpowered Thor.

I see. He takes it then

Im fine with that. Supreme > Hal anyway. IM also > Namor with no PIS and looking at raw feats and hax. I have NO issues with that.

But if we use scaling then it works both ways.

I can make a Bleeding Edge IM vs current Namor thread and see what people vote on. :)

Nonsense. Even regular Lanterns have feats of moving planets light-years away and surviving supernovas, let alone Hal.

IM is >Namor despite the fact that this has never been the case when they fight? You don't know anything about those characters, don't act like you do. IM can only be >Namor if he exploits his heat vulnerability.

Why do you put so much weight in what the popular opinion is this? Argument from popularity is a textbook fallacy. Do Omni-Man VS Hal if you want to see a poll that will 100% swing in the opposite direction of what your belief is.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laufnyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: asked you to not tag me again and again and yet you still keep going on even tho its a discussion unrelated to me, thanks.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Karkus

@laufnyr: Only saw your post after I finished responding.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus:

Nonsense. Even regular Lanterns have feats of moving planets light-years away and surviving supernovas, let alone Hal.

And Supremes casually bust planets, travel through time, manipulate the molecules of others, have insane regen powers, possess straight up Marvel's Cosmic Awareness powers, and jump straight into black holes with no ill effects. So.....

IM is >Namor despite the fact that this has never been the case when they fight? You don't know anything about those characters, don't act like you do. IM can only be >Namor if he exploits his heat vulnerability.

Thats why I made a thread for it. Go vote, argue it. I will read and learn. Also didnt @owie told you to not tag me anymore? Since we always butt heads and get dirty? Yet here your ass tagging and starting again.

Why do you put so much weight in what the popular opinion is this? Argument from popularity is a textbook fallacy. Do Omni-Man VS Hal if you want to see a poll that will 100% swing in the opposite direction of what your belief is.

Omni man would lose, scaling and popularity are still against Invincible characters on this site. Spacebattles not so much though.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking:

And Supremes casually bust planets, travel through time, manipulate the molecules of others, have insane regen powers, possess straight up Marvel's Cosmic Awareness powers, and jump straight into black holes with no ill effects. So.....

These are feats in line with random/rookie lanterns, let alone top tier Lanterns like Hal.

told you to not tag me anymore?

He said in that thread for us to stop responding to eachother, how does that mean all threads? You did the same thing just yesterday, only hurling insults.

Omni man would lose, scaling and popularity are still against Invincible characters on this site. Spacebattles not so much though.

Ah yes, when the poll is the favor of your viewpoint you'll use it, but when it's not you'll make some up excuse. Since you're so into majority opinion, let's look at that Namor poll in the thread you posted.

No Caption Provided

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kaijuking

@karkus:

These are feats in line with random/rookie lanterns, let alone top tier Lanterns like Hal.

So is Supremes. And?

He said in that thread for us to stop responding to each other, how does that mean all threads? You did the same thing just yesterday, only hurling insults.

I never tagged you, others brought you up and I gave my opinion on your shit debating.

Ah yes, when the poll is the favor of your viewpoint you'll use it, but when it's not you'll make some up excuse. Since you're so into majority opinion, let's look at that Namor poll in the thread you posted.

I dont have issue with the poll. If thats what people feel, thats what they feel. Too bad this isnt Iron Man Namor is fighting but Allen.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For someone trying SOOOO hard to lowball Invincible characters, you sure at it lol.

No Caption Provided

Also while Im sure you will alt the shit out of this poll now I mention it, but after a full day and bumped several times, people think Allen has a good shot. Crazy. Shouldnt this be one sided as hell? How is this possible?!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 owie  Moderator

@karkus: Don't tag people that don't want to be tagged.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: Can top tier Lanterns like Hal actually bust planets, survive supernovas, etc.? Aren't those feats for the normal Lanterns outliers?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor wins. He scales to better characters. Especially the current version who team-busted the Avengers. Iron Man getting stomped by Namor in New Avengers: Illuminati though is the definition of an outlier and shit tier writing. Namor has literally never done that well against an Iron Man armor ever and they’ve fought 12+ times. Even underwater he’s consistently never done that well against Tony.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Allen this time. He should hold the speed advantage and if the fight goes to space Namor has shown that would kill him.

Namor also struggled with far less than the team of Avengers since that showing including being overwhelmed by Winter Hulk to demonstrate he's not consistently on par with Hulks. And much lower showings.

The Avengers team seems like WIS or an outlier to me. I think Ironman should consistently beat Namor based on feats and abilities.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6206206653a0c
deactivated-6206206653a0c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor stomps.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Allen stomps.

Namor at his best can put up a good fight.

At his worst he’s dead in less than a second.

Consistent Namor is dead in maybe 2 seconds.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@tparks said:

Allen stomps.

Namor at his best can put up a good fight.

At his worst he’s dead in less than a second.

Consistent Namor is dead in maybe 2 seconds.

Current Namor has been written for the last 2 years as a consistent high-end threat, clearing Aaron's Avengers and currently scrapping with Doom Supreme who's supposed to be the strongest Doctor Doom ever and has a good amount to back that up. I have zero idea which version of Namor is "consistent" enough for Allen to stomp in 2 seconds, somehow.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tparks

@professorrespect: The consistent version of Namor is the one who has been a mid tier character for decades, with sprinkles of both high tier and street level mixed in. I don’t read current Marvel, and he might be more powerful now, but I wouldn’t call 2 years enough to undo decades. Did something happen to suddenly make him more powerful? No version of Namor would ever be capable of contending with the most powerful version of Dr Doom. That right there should tell you the past 2 years are definitely not being written consistent with his character.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@professorrespect: The consistent version of Namor is the one who has been a mid tier character for decades

And when is that, exactly? Mid tier, keep in mind, are guys like Colossus and whatnot. That's not really Namor's range.

Did something happen to suddenly make him more powerful? No version of Namor would ever be capable of contending with the most powerful version of Dr Doom

Nothing.

That right there should tell you the past 2 years are definitely not being written consistent with his character

I'm sorry to say but maybe your initial opinion on Namor (which seems to be influenced by Old Vine bias in the same sense as naming Thing as a mid-tier) is incorrect.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@professorrespect: What the hell are you talking about? lol

Many old users tend to have certain hard-set inclinations to opinions that were popular back in the day, like Apocalypse being a high tier, Sentry stomping Molecule Man being legit, etc etc

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

namor clap

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@professorrespect: Ok...

Well if nothing changed for Namor, you really believe he has consistently been able to fight against the most powerful version of Doom, and always has been consistently capable of soloing the Avengers, even knowing he typically doesn't solo individual members of the Avengers? This doesn't add up. Either Namor is much more powerful, or the Avengers / Most Powerful Version of Doom are a lot less powerful. Either way, something in that equation isn't consistent.

How is my initial opinion wrong? My initial opinion of Namor started 25 years ago, when I would have first read a comic with him in it. Maybe that one is wrong, but how the hell would you know? lol

And yes, Namor is 100% mid tier, regardless of what "generation" of CV I am. Unless he's suddenly gotten about a million times more powerful, he's not a high tier character. Being greater then Colossus is not being a high tier character. Colossus is the tiniest step above street level. If he wasn't in the X-Men, he probably would be street level.

Consistency matters. Or at least it should. Maybe that's what the "Old Vine" was. Just people who didn't wank off all day to out of context and inconsistent feats. If that's the case, I am happily part of "Old Vine". lol

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@tparks said:

@professorrespect: Ok

Well if nothing changed for Namor, you really believe he has consistently been able to fight against the most powerful version of Doom

No, he actually lost to regular 616 Doom in a close enough fight that was mostly due to being dehydrated. He still pushed Doom immensely though, something a "mid tier" would have not done, unless you can show otherwise, of course.

and always has been consistently capable of soloing the Avengers

Not in the 70's where power levels were generally lower across the board (around the time where nukes could legit kill Hulk) but a "mid tier" he wasn't. The facts are that now he's been written with more positive showings.

How is my initial opinion wrong

Is Namor a mid-tier like Colossus? No, I don't think so at all. Would Namor struggle with Blob and Juggernaut in the same way that Colossus did? Not at all. That's definitely the issue, Namor doesn't fit the mold of a usual mid-tier, so I think this opinion is simply incorrect.

My initial opinion of Namor started 25 years ago, when I would have first read a comic with him in it. Maybe that one is wrong

Well see that's the issue, your opinion might be based on a old bias rather than any actual information.

And yes, Namor is 100% mid tier, regardless of what "generation" of CV I am

I don't see evidence suggesting as such, so unless this is just based on you reading a comic 25 years ago then I would probably have to say that's incorrect.

Unless he's suddenly gotten about a million times more powerful

How bad do you think he is?

Being greater then Colossus is not being a high tier character Colossus is the tiniest step above street level

This is not true at all. Colossus regularly scraps with heavyweights and holds his own against them. He's still a mid tier, mind, but near the likes of Spider-Man and Captain America? This is again false.

Consistency matters. Or at least it should

I agree, that's why Namor being a "mid tier" based on nothing is something I can't agree with.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#48 god_spawn  Moderator

@tparks: @tparks: Namor did get upgraded in Avengers 8 or 9 something like that, back whatever the issue was in September of 2019. He was overpowering both Iron Man and unworthy Thor both at once by stopping their attacks with one hand each then no sold an attack by Carol Danvers and just head butted her. Then he no sold a gamma blast attack by the amped Savage She-Hulk, who was supposedly comparable to Bruce. Among other things in the issue. He almost killed Cho Hulk as well, who was hulking out to his more savage mode in Atlantis Attacks by Greg Pak. He has hydrokinesis now as well that can easily flood a coastal city. He was given said upgrade by taking parts of Hydroman or something along those lines, I don’t remember the exact reason. Regardless, he has an upgrade.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@professorrespect: What issue did he fight Doom? I’m kinda out of the loop on some main stuff outside of X-Men, so I’d be down to read that.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers