All-Star CaV | Wyldsong (Supreme) vs juiceboks (Validus)

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

This is a little deviation from both a regular CaV and a tourney match so I'll give some background to the unaccustomed. After a 3 stage voting process, 10 users were selected to become All Stars. 2 of those 10 were Team Captains and they each chose 4 people to be on their team. The All Star debate will consist of 5 separate 1v1 CaV matches, and whatever team takes home 3/5 will be crowned the victor.

Without further ado.

No Caption Provided

Restrictions

• Casual planet busting striking strength
  • Lifting strength is planet level
  • Combat and Reaction speed should be FTL. So being able to react and fight within nanoseconds.
  • Durability should also be casual planet busting
  • Ranged attacks or any other DC based attacks should be Planet Busting. It can be casual but no more.
  • Telekinesis follows the lifting strength limit
  • Telepathy can planet level in range and scope.
  • Clones are limited to 5
  • Summons are limited to a 100 and no more powerful than New 52 Aquaman

Banned stuff

• Reality Warping.
  • Time Manipulation.
  • Probability Manipulation
  • Power Copying/stealing.
  • Speed Steal
  • Other hax will also be dealt on case by case basis. But any crazy one shot abilities won't be allowed.

Battle info

• Composite Supreme
  • Pre-Crisis Validus
  • In-character but determined to win
  • Combatants at their strongest
  • Fight to KO/incap/death
  • No prep, random encounter
  • Standard gear and abilities
  • Start 100m apart
  • Planet is indestructible

No Caption Provided

Voters:

• Please refrain from posting your opinion on the match until it's done.
  • Ask to be tagged if you wished to be tagged for voting.
  • Don't vote on who you think is more powerful, but on who had the better arguments.
  • When giving your vote, give an explanation on why you think the person won
FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

T4V and TAEP

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@juiceboks: Alright my friend, I am working on my opener. I will try and have something up between today and tomorrow.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this doesn't take the turn of a certain other CaV.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vertigo-
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wyldsong

@juiceboks: Here we go my friend. This should be fun=)

No Caption Provided

Ah, the 90s. Massively muscled characters with horribly disproportionate bodies...I am of course discussing a composite Supreme with the Liefeld Supreme aka Mean Supreme as the figurehead. While Mean Supreme started out as far weaker than the pre-Crisis Kryptonian levels, he does eventually gain a boost in power. This is mainly thanks to the works of Moore, who took on Supreme around issue 41, and made the character an homage to the pre-Crisis Superman. While there are comparable feats for me to discuss, I will have far less to draw on than the pre-Crisis DC crowd. So I will supplement with feats from the weaker eras to kind of add to my discussion.

In this particular post, I am not looking to prove a win, not just yet. This is honestly just me laying down the groundwork, trying to paint the picture of what Mean Supreme is going to be capable of upon the start of this battle. I have some thoughts and ideas on just how this fight will play out in the end, so we will see just how well this all works out. There are no guarantees, especially when a foe like Validus is on the board...

I will start with a little background information on Supreme, talk about the physicals, plus lay down some intel on his intellect, then drop some closing thoughts and considerations. Here we go...

The Backstory

As I am sure you are aware, there are multiple versions of Supreme. He has mainly gone through the hands of four major writers: Rob Liefeld, Alan Moore, Erik Larsen, and Warren Ellis.

In Liefeld's run, there was Lady Supreme, two different alternate reality versions of Supreme (one of them being the Deathmate Supreme), a Supreme clone, Val-En (a descendant of Supreme), Kid Supreme and the main Supreme himself. In Moore's run...we are introduced to the idea of a place called the Supremacy, which is a reality that houses various other Supreme's from different "reality revisions" and some of the supporting cast of these various Supreme's exist there as well. Needless to say, there are a ton of Supreme's to be found in this run, but the most notable ones to bring up beyond the main man himself are Radar, who is his "Hound Supreme", and his sister, Sally Crane aka "Suprema".

Larsen's run, brings back the original Liefeld Supreme aka Mean Supreme, who has become a bit angrier and more violent after being imprisoned by all of the Supreme's in the Supremacy. He is stated as being the most powerful Supreme of them all, which considering it took every Supreme in the Supremacy to contain him, is saying a lot. Understand, there were a lot of Supreme's in the Supremacy, and the numbers shown in that scan is just a drop in the bucket (they were listed as being in the thousands). The Ellis run, while it was a Supreme themed story, used very little of Supreme himself, so there won't be much I will be using from that story line. Interestingly enough though, the Youngblood series that was released after Blue Rose, utilized Suprema, who is now the new Supreme after the events of the Ellis tale.

Since I am arguing a composite version of the character at peak levels of power, I will be using the feats from the various Supreme's, including Moore's Supreme, Suprema, Radar and so on. I think out of all of these, Suprema is one of the best documented in the more Silver Age level feats (including some big ones in speed and strength). While I am arguing a composite version of the character here, let it be known, Mean Supreme is indeed more powerful than the vaunted "Maid of Might". I should also point out that Suprema herself basically admits that her brother is more powerful than she is as well, commenting on how his normal foes are out of her league. With that thought in mind, realize that Supreme has gone through multiple power levels thanks to reality warping shenanigans. It's why we have feats of him matching Omni-Man in combat, to pulling Silver Age level stunts and feats.

The final thing I need to point out, is that at times I will talk about Moore Supreme and Mean Supreme like they are the same guy...and they are...kind of. It's a long and convoluted tale, but I will try and simplify things. Mean Supreme returns to Earth after gaining a new body (regaining his powers) and defeating Loki. There is a reality shift, and other Supreme's from the Supremacy confront him to talk to him, and get him ready for what is next. Basically the reality shift changes Supreme's backstory, his personality softens somewhat, and Mean Supreme changes into the Moore Supreme. Later on down the line, we find out that Mean Supreme does in fact become a separate entity again, as he appears in the Supremacy. It took all of the Supreme's in the Supremacy to subdue him and lock him away. So Mean Supreme and Moore's Supreme are basically two sides of the same coin. Mean Supreme and Moore's Supreme are pretty much listed as the top and most powerful Supreme's, and they should each be more than capable of performing the feats and powers of all of the other Supreme's.

With the groundwork laid out, let's tackle the physicals...

The Physicals

Like I said, the Moore era was a very limited run, but it is the era in which the Supreme's had their Silver Age level feats. I will of course be discussing most of those here, and sprinkled in here and there, will be some feats from other eras that I thought were cool and worth looking at. Starting with strength...

Strength

On the strength side of things...

Now the next two feats of strength require a bit of explanation. Suprema was being tested by the League of Infinity, to see if she was worthy of joining them. During Suprema's tests, the League placed the entire sum of all human evil in the form of a baby, and placed the universe they were in, in a globe (they had a genie and a powerful witch with the League). According to them, only the baby had the strength to lift the globe, so they tasked an unknowing Suprema to try and lift it...which she did (it wasn't easy mind you, but she did it). This terrified the League, because they were currently in the universe she was lifting, and it should have been an impossible feat for most to perform. Then she arm wrestled the sum total of all human evil to a standstill, which again, the League stated was the only one in the room that could possibly lift the globe...and this subsequently happened after she exerted herself handling the globe. Again, Suprema is weaker than Supreme...

I can give you feats of moving continents, shaking cities with attacks, and more, but I think we get the idea here. From busting planets to lifting the weight of universe, a peak level Supreme is a powerful foe indeed. Still, strength alone won't win the day, so let's talk a little about durability and healing...

Durability/Healing

First, let's run through some durability feats, then we will discuss the healing aspect.

It should be noted that while in the Frozen Ends of Time, even sound waves freeze into ice. So Suprema's own voice did eventually freeze her out, but she did indeed only develop a slight cold from the experience in the end. Beyond that, Supreme has also managed FTL impacts with planets as you have already seen without issue (shown in the previous section).

So I think we get the idea that a peak level Supreme is fairly durable, and to supplement this durability, he has a pretty good healing factor. A good example of this comes from his battle with Skyraker. Skyraker had a weapon capable of penetrating Supreme's defenses, slices him with it and cuts his eyeball out. In about four panels, the wounds heal and his eye indeed grows back. Not too shabby. We'll get into more details on his healing factor in the next post...so let us now move onto the speed and reflexes portion of this discussion...

Speed/Reflexes

Alright, let's do a quick rundown on some travel speed stuff...

To add to all of this, let's discuss another pretty good feat of speed. Supreme's "hound supreme", Radar, flies away to hide out by Betelguese...roughly 645 light years away. Supreme goes to retrieve his wayward hound, travels the 645 light years, locates and snags Radar, then flies back, before his sister even has a chance to move, all in mid conversation, taking maybe the space of a word or two...so travelling 1290 light years while performing tasks in maybe 1-2 seconds at most? That indeed happens.

As impressive as all of that is, let's look at some more combat speeds and reactions...

And another feat of speed that requires some explanation...when she was unknowingly being tested by the League of Infinity for membership, they tasked her with building a wall. What she didn't know is that there was a temporal field in play that caused the stones she touched to erode by BILLENIA in seconds, basically turning to dust in her hands. By using her "Speed Supreme" she was able to complete two layers of the wall in a pretty crazy display of speed.

Just a note on Radar's mating speed feat...and your welcome in advance for this intel...but the mating process for dogs can take upwards of 5 minutes or so. As well, due to how things work in the no-no regions for dogs, they can remain stuck together for upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. Hopefully that helps put that feat of speed into an even better perspective, and you have also learned a tidbit of information none of you probably ever cared to know=)

With that done, let's do an exceedingly short discussion on the senses...

Senses

Overall, I don't think Validus is the type to hide out, but it should be noted, Supreme has stupidly enhanced senses allowing him to gain intel on the entire planet from one spot, as well, he can hear a foe calling him from deep in outer space while he was on Earth. His enhanced senses will still come into play somewhat, but the ability to view the entire planet or hear foes in deep space, probably not going to help much here. Just letting it be known that his senses are pretty darn good.

With the physical overview out of the way, let's talk about his intellect and tactical mindset...

The Intellect

In his various incarnations, Supreme is a genius level intellect. This is shown in the Liefeld era, where the experiment to create Supreme, is shown to make him smarter than the scientists that created him. In the Moore era, we have examples like:

And there are more examples, but all in all, he is a "supreme genius", and I think that point has been sufficiently made. Supreme is constantly using his intellect, scanning his surroundings and putting his brilliant mind to good use. Like the time he faced Khrome on Earth, who was using an outside power source to amp himself. Supreme realizes this might be the case, scans the area, finds the energy signature, and follows it back to the source to help de-power Khrome. He also has a tendency to scan his foes to gain more intel on them, like so:

While Mean Supreme may seem to be a mindlessly violent person in combat, he is pretty much constantly planning, calculating and gathering intel on the foes he faces. He isn't likely to mindlessly pound away at Validus in a futile effort, and will in fact be looking him over, all the way down to the genetic level to learn about his foe's abilities and powers...and of course to find any weaknesses.

With that part out of the way, let's get to some closing thoughts and finish this post up.

In Closing

I am not going to lie, looking everything over, this is going to be an exceedingly tough discussion. I have tried to look into Mon-El for comparisons with Moore's Supreme to see exactly where we sit with this discussion, since I know Mon-El with help has issues against Validus. To be honest, the kind of feats I am looking for, to really gauge his levels, are kind of hard to find. Comments on the forums rank him all over the place, with the belief that he is more powerful than pre-Crisis Superman, to believing he would lose to Wonder Woman. So, I went another route, and started looking into pre-Crisis Superman....

Durability wise...Superman survived the Big Bang, but I don't know the full context of the feat. Suprema survived the frozen ends of time. Superman was worried about being pulled apart by a black hole, stating he couldn't withstand the pressure for long, but showed no visible effects from being close to it. Supreme has flown in and out of a black hole, surviving without any real issue. I am thinking they are at least moderately comparable in this department, though Supes has way more feats to pull from, but Supreme also has a pretty good healing factor to help supplement his durability.

Strength wise...I don't even know how to begin to compare the two. Superman has some ridiculous feats of strength, and I have Supreme's that have temporarily lifted the weight of the universe, and stalemated beings in arm wrestling that were also capable of such. Probably moderately comparable overall.

Speed/reflexes wise...we are left with more thoughts and numbers that hurt my head. Both can travel time, both can move MTFL and react at such speeds. Both have pulled Flash style feats, reacted to and/or snagged lightning bolts, and so on. Moderately comparable at least.

Intellect wise...both are stupidly smart, and can create a wide variety of crazy devices and machinery. Probably comparable overall.

Brutality wise...there is really no comparison. Supreme will melt faces and snap necks, not even thinking twice about it. He doesn't hold back, and will not hesitate to kill and destroy a foe.

Based on that...I think I have a decent idea on where Supreme sits for now. I said in the beginning that I am not looking to prove a win with this post. All I am looking to do is to set a baseline for this discussion, a baseline that places him in the ranges to not get demolished in one hit. I feel fairly confident that pre-Crisis Superman can pull comparable feats and at least manage a bit against Validus, much like Mon-El and others have done. I also feel fairly confident that this version of Supreme, can manage something similar as well. The trick here, is going to be for me to prove that Supreme has some way to overcome this monstrous foe, where others have failed...which I will get into next post. While this may be a limited engagement, we still have a ways to go.

To be continued...

While full, true blue Supreme cosplays are very limited, I found someone who has modified some photos to replicate the looks of a few of the female Supreme characters and cast. This post, I will close out with a representation of Mean Supreme's original lady love, Glory...

No Caption Provided

Onto you bud.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@faradaysloth: @thebestofthebest: @supremegeneration: @vertigo-: First post is up. Should be fun=)

Just a heads up, we all talked in the PM, and there are a few matches that are breaking the bounds of the limits set. Overall, it was agreed this was okay if the participants agreed to it. That is why pre-Crisis kind of things will be discussed here.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: Thank you. Working on updating some of the links to make viewing them easier.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wyldsong
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Oh, T4V. Idk anything about the characters but I'm intrigued by the participants!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Liefeld still can not draw feet

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting....

fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juiceboks  Moderator

@wyldsong:This is gonna be an enjoyable one for sure.

No Caption Provided

Validus' true origin in the Silver Age is largely unknown by anybody in and out of the DC universe. All that is known for sure of him as that he's the most powerful living thing in the 30th Century, and his creator the young and famous Jim Shooter made such a fact very apparent in his backstory told in Adventure Comics #352.

No Caption Provided

Validus possesses power that is unmatched by pretty much anyone else in the known universe at the time, to a point where the only weapon that was believed to be capable of hurting him was anti-energy itself. Jim established that even the power of Pre-crisis Kryptonians and characters of such a level were nothing to him, and this is a theme that has been kept fairly consistent throughout his publication history. So yes..I will be scaling in this debate but in a way that hopefully makes sense to everyone watching this debate unfold. So before I even get into what Validus can do, I believe it would only make sense to bring forth what some of the same writers that wrote Validus' encounters with Superboy believe of Kal's power. So let's begin with Pre-Crisis levels of..

Strength/Durability

Let's start with Jim Shooter. Jim started writing stories for DC in the mid 60's, and was one of the pivotal writers for establishing iconic villains and stories but also power levels and capabilities of some of the more powerful DC protagonists, namely Superboy. We see this in full effect in one of the first issues he wrote in Superboy #140 where he tows an entire galaxies worth of planets from one end of the universe to another end. Besides the fact that any attempt at quantifying this feat would result in an astronomically large strength level when you consider that even if the amount of planets Kal was pulling was just what was seen in the panel, he'd still be pulling them at speeds well into the millions of lightspeed to get to another side of the universe in any reasonable amount of time. Do notice that Superboy is accomplishing this feat with as much ease as you or I would taking out the trash or doing laundry or any other menial chore.

Another showing written by Frank Robbins who is responsible for quite a bit of Superboy issues in this volume before, during and after Shooter's pen has Superboy accomplish a feat that rivals the aformentioned in scope in Superboy #162. Here Superboy notices a ball on Krypto's neck that just so happens to have weight measured in the trillions of tons with a gravity pull equivalent of a dozen supernovas. So he disposes of it by throwing it into another galaxy billions of light years away. Again, with seemingly little to no effort. This is a theme with Pre-Crisis Superboy in that whatever feats of strength or speed accomplishes are almost always done without any noticeable amount of effort, leaving his upper limits relatively untested unless it comes to a fight with someone like Validus. And Jim first exemplifies this some months later in Validus' first encounter with Superboy in Adventure Comics #366 in which he gets casually overpowered and nearly knocks himself out just by slamming into him to no effect on Validus. And if that wasn't enough, he later goes onto claim that Validus' power eclipses his own a dozen fold in a more explicit manner. Now into the 70's we see a general shift in how power levels are portrayed in Pre-Crisis stories. Kryptonians are getting less and less grandiose feats of nearly incalculable magnitudes and moreso into the multi-planetary range. Jim of course is no exception to this as even new teambusting villains like Pulsar Stargrave acknowledge Superboy's worlds shattering power in Superboy #224. However nothing much changes in the way that Validus is shown in relation to Superboy and other characters like Mon El who is every bit as powerful as Kal as exemplified in one of many showings where the two stalemate each other in a fight that ends in a mutual knockout in Superboy #203. Jim shows us how Lar measures up to Validus yet again some issues later in Superboy #219 when an attempt to stop Validus from grabbing a tower by the Daxamite ends in Mon-El being casually overpowered. What's important to note is that in this instance Validus wasn't actually trying to overpower him at all, actually none of his attention was on Lar to begin with. He was simply trying to amuse himself with what he assumed was a toy. Validus' strength and durability are at such a levels at this point in time to where he could literally "toy" with Pre-Crisis Kryptonians. And much like Superboy and Mon, his more quantifiable showings of strength were done with little to no effort whatsoever as shown in that same issue where Validus tears off a sizable chunk of a planet to create a new base for the Fatal Five.

I'll definitely go into this section more as the debate goes on as there are a few other writers that contributed to establishing capabilities of Pre-Crisis Kryptonians, but this should give a good feeling of how this is going to unfold on my end. So onto everyone's favorite stat debate..

Speed

So Validus is more or less a brick in this sense. That isn't to say that his speed is nonexistent, it's just that words like "avoid" and "evade" mean nothing to him. Unlike him though, Pre-Crisis Kryptonians are well known for their ridiculous speed and reaction time and I'll begin this section by referring to Jim Shooter yet again for his work in establishing this. His first major milestone in this aspect came in Superboy #158 where he flies many lightyears into space within the span of milliseconds looking for a capsule. Even if we assume that by "many" the narration is referring to ten..that would still give us FTL movement well into the thousands and again done with seemingly no real effort. Later on we see an even more impressive/ridiculous showing again by Jim in Superboy #162 where Superboy travels 5 million light years in the span of a panel. Yet again, no effort whatsoever.

Now what does this all mean for Validus? For someone as big and lumbering as his appearance would have you believe, he's actually quite quick when he wants to be in a sort of "size beguiles his surprising speed" kind of way. He's shown this of course by tagging Superboy and Mon-El several times, but Mon-El has even made it a point to exclaim how fast he is when doing so in one such instance in Superboy #190 where after he charges Validus (to no avail of course) he gets grabbed and thrown through the other side of a planetoid. In another attempt to catch Validus unaware, Mon-El tries to rush him via sneak attack and gets soundly oneshotted with Validus' mental lightning. And of course when Validus doesn't really care to attack his opponents directly, he can set his lightning to auto-fry anything that touches him as Superboy found out that same issue. I may as well mention the fact that in that instance Superboy was shown flying across solar systems in the span of what couldn't have been more than an hour or two, and likely used this same speed to intercept Validus.

This section is more about scaling of course, but Validus has practically never had an issue tagging Kryptonians and the like with his attacks when he's actually trying to. Now he himself has the ability to travel interstellar distances when he feels like it, but it doesn't happen too often so I won't go into it much. Now onto the last major section and my personal favorite..

Lightning

Validus has the unique ability to generate bolts of lightning from his brain, and these are triggered both consciously when he's fighting an enemy and subconsciously when he's raging out. Sun-Boy first found this out in his first appearance where he was sending out bolts capable of razing entire cities. Later on when Jim has him first encounter Superboy, Kal caught the first taste of what he was going up against when one bolt nearly fried his hide.

Later on Jim and a few other writers decided to make Validus even more formidable in this regard by showing him oneshotting Superboy and Mon-El with his lightning when he's actually trying to. I've already shown the kind of strength Pre-Crisis Kryptonians are used to dealing with, but I'll underscore this for the sake of this specific section. For one..natural lightning doesn't affect Superboy at all as was established early on in SB #10 and later on in Adventure Comics #240 where he got some lessons in handling his powers by a Kryptonian robot. Some tens of issues later and closer to Shooter's 60's era writing we see Superboy playing around in the heart of a sun with Supergirl in Superboy #80. And in the 70's this sun level invulnerability is revisited when he is forced to fight against an out of control Sun Boy whose powers are..as you could guess solar energy and were being amped by Clark's own energy.

So that pretty much does it for this part of establishing Validus' power level, and as I said previously there is much more established scaling and power levels to go over as this debate continues.

Closing thoughts

So looking over Supreme's feats, a lot of them are comparable to Clark's in various aspects at least when considering Moore's attempts to pay homage to Silver Age power levels. I don't think they all necessarily match up well to his best, especially in regards to speed and durability. I don't think strictly comparing high ends is going to do either of these characters much justice either, but just keep in mind that regardless of which era you want to examine the recurring theme as it relates to Validus is that the monster is far and above Clark or any of his comparable patriots. You'd have to prove that Supreme has what it takes to beat someone that can literally toy with Pre-Crisis Kryptonians under several different pens, and with all the feats that these characters have had over the course of several decades that's gonna be quite a task. Still, this should be an interesting go round and I look forward to seeing what you have in store.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Brilliant opener, mate.

Looking forward to Wyld's counter post.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fantastic debate so far. Please tag me after every post.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. TAEP.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: My friend, that was a great opener and a knowledgeable post. My response will be up in the next day or so=)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 juiceboks  Moderator

@wyldsong: I figured it best to be as informed in this matchup as possible seeing your opener and of course from our past go-rounds. I'm looking forward to see what you'll respond with

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wyldsong

@juiceboks: Well, you rocked it my friend. Just be ready, the next post will be short, but will be a heavy hitter. I am highly interested to see how this all plays out=)

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This CaV gives off a rare vibe.

T4v

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag meh. I love obscure characters.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wyldsong

@juiceboks: Alright my friend...here we are. My next entry into our little discussion here...and away we go...

No Caption Provided

A bit of honesty before I get into this...when we decided on this debate, I kind of blindly went with it, not realizing truly who it was I was facing. After we fully agreed, I looked at a few respect threads, then checked out a few debates involving him...and then almost came back and said we need to pick someone else. Seriously, I wrote and rewrote my intro a few times...each time thinking, what in the hell am I doing? I mean, I have a character that I feel can take on the vaunted Superboy/man Prime. I was thinking that would be enough, but then I began to truly learn about, and realize just who and what Validus is. I will say, that your post verifies everything I have learned, all through the broken bits and pieces of information that I was able to find.

That said, as I began to work on what would be the final version of my opener...this was when I began to realize something. An inkling of a plan and idea began to formulate in my fevered little brain. I had a bit of an epiphany, and this idea is something that could not have been formulated without a very intimate and detailed knowledge base on Supreme. So last post, the groundwork was laid. This post, we begin to separate Supreme from the Kryptonians and Daxamites that Validus has faced and toyed with, and lay down why Supreme is much more of a threat than anyone probably realizes...

Loading Video...

Had to drop a little mood music here. Let's not forget, Mean Supreme isn't the nice guy that Moore's Supreme was=)

The Supreme Power

I don't know how closely this little tidbit of information was looked at in my last post, but I did kind of drop a minor spoiler for this in one of my scans...when facing the likes of Liefeld Supreme, you are facing basically someone who is part Superman and part Doomsday. And before anyone gets it into their head that this guy is a Superman and Doomsday ripoff all in one...Supreme made his first appearance in October of 1992, with his official series starting in November of 1992. Doomsday made his first appearance in November of 1992...so yes, Supreme was Image's answer to Superman, there is no denying that, but he had his first appearance a few months ahead of Doomsday. With that little informational session done, let's look at his powers of adaptation...

So this scan is from when Mean Supreme was in the middle of a reality shift, and was changing into the Moore Supreme. He was stated as his powers as being possibly virtually limitless. Which makes sense, since he was the blueprint that Moore's Supreme was built upon. Moore's Supreme was pretty much able to come up with the powers that he needed, like when he changed his heat vision to pure plasma, basically sun level energies. There was also the time in a scan I have already shown, where he came up with his "Will Supreme" to tear open a hole in reality (although he ended up travelling somewhere he shouldn't have). This all stems from Supreme's powers of adaptation.

His powers and abilities increase over time and with use. Take for example the god Loki, who had shifted forms to deal with three Supreme's and Enigma. There was a time when Supreme had a hard time affecting him with his physical attacks. Even the start of the encounter I am about to discuss wasn't going so well for our heroes. Yet as the battle raged on, Loki began to notice something...he was actually starting to feel pain. Supreme's powers had advanced to the point that he could actually harm Loki, when in previous encounters, he could not. Even Probe aka Lady Supreme, Supreme's descendant, learned to adapt her powers to harm Loki in the battle. This is all based on the OG Mean Supreme's powers of adaptability...

During the experiments that made Supreme, they would put him through extreme tortures, normally killing him, and he would come back, stronger and more powerful each time. This took him from being a normal human, and then made him into a virtual "super man". What we have to understand, is that his entire being is in a constant state of flux, and is constantly adapting. As one of his greatest foes once observed, his body alters itself to match the threat that he faces, making him as invulnerable as he needs to be to conquer a particular danger at hand. For a few good examples of his powers at work...

As you can see, Supreme can alter his powers and abilities on the fly in mid combat. Another great example of this, is when he faced Skyraker. Now I showed some of this fight last post, when discussing his healing, but I left out a key scan that I wanted to save for this post. Mid combat, he analyzes Skyraker's molecular structure, alters his defenses, and alters his eye beams to fire off beta particles, temporarily cutting off his foe's biological energy network. This allows Supreme to simultaneously weaken him and separate him from his weapon. Then it was a simple matter of one-shotting his powerful foe.

His powers even allow for energy manipulation. This is shown the time that he redirected energy beyond a containment field to deal with a device that was amping Khrome, and subsequently blew up Khrome's ship. Plus there was the time he faced Bloodstrike, and Shogun blasts him with lethal energy attacks. Supreme pretty much channels and redirects the energy blasts in an AOE style attack to take down the members of Bloodstrike. His energy manipulation/absorption coupled with his powers of adaptation becomes a very key factor for me here in this debate. Again, all of his powers stems from the idea of adaptation. He was a normal human, that they killed, over and over and over again, until they made a "supreme being". Over the course of his career, his body has constantly adapted, creating new powers for himself and so on...and as you can guess, I am building up to a pretty big point in my defense for Supreme here.

This is going to require a bit of explanation, but remember when I talked about Supreme once being at the Invincible comic levels of power? This happened after a reality shift changed Mean Supreme from the more or less Silver Age level of power to a power level that basically matched that of Omni-Man. After battling it out with Omni-Man, Supreme ends up on the world of Khrome's son, Khromium. Khromium was prepped and ready to deal with Supreme...or so he thought. He blasted our angry hero with tech that was firing energy that was meant to destroy him. Instead, Supreme absorbs the energy, and uses it to amp his powers, making him even more powerful than before. He goes from matching Omni-Man's physicals, to casually busting planets, solo.

The last part that really needs to be brought up here, is the brutality of Mean Supreme. When Validus has faced his various pre-Crisis foes, he was facing heroes, with morals. While I won't deny that they were probably hitting him pretty hard...they weren't doing everything in their power to maim, kill, and utterly destroy him. They were seeking to incapacitate him. You see, even against heroes, Mean Supreme will annihilate his foes in a brutal and oftentimes bloody fashion. This man utilizes his powers in a very deadly and horrific fashion. He will not hold back, and he will not seek to merely incapacitate his foes.

With all of this in mind, let's lay out some new considerations for this little battle...

The Battle Considerations

I don't think strictly comparing high ends is going to do either of these characters much justice either, but just keep in mind that regardless of which era you want to examine the recurring theme as it relates to Validus is that the monster is far and above Clark or any of his comparable patriots.

I have no arguments here. We can compare low, middle and high end feats all day long. I agree that Validus is a foe above Clark and his physically comparable friends. There is no doubt in my mind that he will start this fight at higher level of power than Mean Supreme.

You'd have to prove that Supreme has what it takes to beat someone that can literally toy with Pre-Crisis Kryptonians under several different pens, and with all the feats that these characters have had over the course of several decades that's gonna be quite a task.

I think as you have now seen, Supreme has a few different advantages in his corner for a battle such as this. Honestly, this whole response is going to be fairly short overall. I didn't see a whole lot of disagreement from you on my assessment of Supreme, and you will not see a whole lot of disagreement from me on your assessment of Validus. I don't want to turn this into a session of picking feats apart, and would rather focus on the differences between Supreme and the foes Validus has faced. Now if we were talking about strictly Moore Supreme, Validus would probably take it in a straight up fight. Give Moore Supreme some prep, or at least access to his citadel, and he would probably take it.

We aren't arguing Moore's Supreme as the figurehead though, and we have no prep in this battle. Instead we are arguing Mean Supreme, who is a whole different ballgame. This is a character that will scan his foes down to the molecular level, and can adapt his attacks to deal with that foe. A character that has adaptive defenses that will rearrange his very DNA to tailor them against the foe that he is fighting. A character that at peak levels, was equal to, if not greater than Moore's Supreme. This is a character that can absorb energy, and use that energy to amp himself. I am going to argue, that Mean Supreme has everything within his power set that he needs to take the win here...

• A pretty awesome healing factor that has even brought him back from the dead
  • Adaptable defenses and powers that can be tailored to threats he is facing
  • Comparable base power levels to pre-Crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites with the Moore feats in play
  • The ability to absorb energy attacks to amp his powers
  • He is a tactical and scientific genius, and basically has "smarts" that can and will come into play in combat
  • A level of unrestrained brutality that Validus' pre-Crisis foes generally don't resort to

Let's get down to brass tacks, and spell this out in it's entirety. Supreme's adaptive defenses, durability and healing, should be sufficient to pull him through any attacks that do manage to land, especially if his healing is good enough to bring him back from the dead. Bear in mind, I am not advocating an instant sort of regen from death. If Validus managed to kill Supreme, there is no telling how long it would take for Supreme to come back, since as you have seen, sometimes it happens quickly and sometimes it takes a bit longer. Probably depends on the level of damage that took him out, but if a mostly de-powered Supreme can come back from this, then Validus isn't taking him out permanently. That said, death in this instance for Supreme would count as KO for the purposes of this fight. I just need to hammer home the idea of just how good his healing is though, which is why I am harping on this point.

All of this does little to help him if he can't actually harm Validus, right? Well, his ability and propensity to scan his foes down to the molecular level, using his scientific knowledge and looking for weaknesses, is one major advantage in his corner. Couple that with the ability to adapt his powers to help deal with foes, then you have a pretty amazing combination there in dealing with seemingly unstoppable monsters. Could Supreme create anti-energy with his powers of adaptation? Good question. I mean, he has altered his eyebeams to plasma, altered his eyebeams to a form of beta-vision that can disrupt biological networks, used his "Will Supreme" to tear a hole in reality...I think it is a debatable point that needs to be considered. We can even consider the idea of him amping his strikes with psionics, which Lady Supreme proved is well within a Supreme's abilities.

You also have to consider that Supreme isn't looking to simply KO or incapacitate his foe. He will bring to bear the full force of his might to mangle, maim, and completely remove Validus from this mortal coil.

In the end though, what I feel will be Validus' eventual undoing, is his lightning. Unlike the Kryptonians and Daxamites he has faced, Supreme is an energy manipulator with the ability to absorb and amp himself with energy attacks. Add to the fact that his adaptability will alter his very DNA to reconfigure his defenses and powers to help take down a foe...and that paints a very telling picture here. I would hazard a guess, and say that one of those bolts Validus is capable of producing, is more powerful than the combined blasts Khromium's forces were releasing on Supreme. If those combined blasts, took Supreme from Omni-Man levels to solo planet busting levels...then where would a blast from Validus take this Supreme to, who is starting at levels comparable to pre-Crisis characters?

Also, what happens if Supreme manages to channel one of those bolts, and strikes Validus with it? How well can Validus stand up to his own insane powers?

Validus will definitely start this battle as the most powerful of the two. Of that, there is no question. It is just that he is going to be his own undoing in this little confrontation. It's not where you start the fight, but where you end up. And thanks to one of Validus' most powerful attacks...Supreme will end up victorious=)

In Closing

Phew...there it is. To be honest, between the last post and this one, that is the bulk of my discussion points. Since we only have so long to run this debate, I am hitting it hard and heavy with these two posts. I still have a few discussion points I can bring up, so I am not saying I am done with this debate...just pointing out that between these posts, that is the bulk of the material I had for this little talk. Hopefully the picture has been made painfully clear as to why I feel Mean Supreme can take this fight. Now don't get me wrong, Validus won't go down easy. It's just that Supreme's power set isn't a 100% cloning of Superman's. Considering the adaptation and healing angles, plus with Mean Supreme at peak levels of power, he has a lot going for him in this fight that other pre-Crisis characters just did not have.

Alright my friend, I look forward to your response. And the usual close out stuff...this time with a little Lady Supreme...

No Caption Provided

Onto you bud.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wyldsong

@faradaysloth: @thebestofthebest: @supremegeneration: @vertigo-: @thewatcherking: @jedixman: @jacthripper: @worldofruin6: @streak619: @wollfmyth209: Alright, think I got everyone here. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Also, don't know if this is supposed to be tagged every time, but here you go just in case...if anyone from the following doesn't want multiple tags for this, please let us know=)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I love debating with you as always brother, but these sort of power levels hurt my brain=)

I think after this, I am going to the street levels for a bit=)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wyldsong: Your notification somehow wiped out all of my other notifications...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wyldsong

@mylittlefascist: Lol...actually, the vine is glitching. My notifications were wiped out before I made any posts=)

Or I can go with...that is all due to the power of Supreme...

=P

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Fine...I accept responsibility=P

I can add that name to the list of tags, no problem=)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I meant do it now, so you can infect him with the notification wiping plague!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Nothing happened.

I'm too powerful,

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#47 higherpower  Moderator

Unfortunately Juice can't make it. Closing this. Victory goes to Wyldsong.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wlyd's post is as good formated as it goes, juice on the other hand brought information about an mainly unknown character as good as it goes. It was a joy to resd both posts, for me yuiuiuiii areee both winne'ers.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok in this looks good

T4V