• 61 results
#1 Posted by Darksideous (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler alert for Sentry #4

Sentry who has merged with the void

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#2 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

All-New Sentry is featless, but assuming he gets feats from his earlier incarnations and that this is current (ie. Rebirth) Superman, Bob should win comfortably. If Superman gets PC feats, Clark wins comfortably.

#3 Posted by ValorKnight (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15c5c049c51
#4 Edited by deactivated-5c15c5c049c51 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

All-New Sentry most probably wins. If Bob now truly has all the powers of the Void and to the same extent then Clark won't be able to seriously damage him because of his insane regenerative capabilities.

#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Sentry walked over the Avengers, but then again, everyone seems to be doing that these days.

#6 Posted by KanyeCosby (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

What are current Sentry’s feats?

#7 Edited by Kingant27 (16918 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry all day, he has already busted a planet easily even before this superior version and Supes isn’t on that level, especially when this a more powerful version.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#8 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6055 posts) - - Show Bio

What are current Sentry’s feats?

Beat up Aaron's Avengers with little trouble. Current Sentry seems to be both of Bob's personalities merged, so he debatably has his normal Stable feats and his Void feats as well. That's just speculation for now through.

#9 Posted by Warlockmage (9390 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Sentry walked over the Avengers, but then again, everyone seems to be doing that these days.

"Earth's Mightiest Heroes except for..." is the new name

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#10 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

"Earth's Mightiest Heroes except for..." is the new name

Loading Video...

#11 Edited by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: so sentry has both his and void feats ? If yes Then yeah sentry in a turf fight

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#12 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4741 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, Namor stated that he was stronger than ever, so he did it because he got plot handed powerboost. Hulk got a boost too as we know, same with Sentry of course.

Basically it all comes down to notion that all 3 of these characters got "upgrade" of prowress, thus managed to accomplish it, seems at least somewhat of resemblance of a constant.

Marvel is basically like - " You get a powerboost, and you get a powerboost too, and of course you ". :)

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#14 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

So people are quick to give Sentry feats that belong to Void because they're combined, but refuse to do the same for Rebirth including Pre52 and New52?

#15 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wotan: they need to respect their powerhouses

#16 Edited by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: same can be said for immortal hulk and green scar its been established in no surrender that hulk has been always immortal . yet they act like they are completely different . also if i remember correctly dc didnt specified which events form new 52 and pre 52 still happened in post reborn . as per as i know death of superman and blackest night are in this continuity but there are other events too but not all

#17 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

So people are quick to give Sentry feats that belong to Void because they're combined, but refuse to do the same for Rebirth including Pre52 and New52?

Different context.

They don't give to Superman, because the stories in which those feats happened either were written out of timeline or didn't happen at all, or happened differently (read Rebirth version of Death of Sueprman for example, which is published not fully, but story all changed, same with feats in that story), context changed in this regards.

But in case of Sentry, it's classic Dragon Ball fusion system, 2 characters merge and their power increases.

#18 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13878 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wotan: that's what I am saying but you said it better thanks

#20 Edited by deactivated-5c15c5c049c51 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: Rebirth Superman is Post-Crisis plus Post-Flashpoint Superman (minus story-lines which are contradicted such as New Krypton) people just make Rebirth only threads to compare his current portrayal to other characters. In truth a Rebirth Superman thread should specify between “true” Rebirth and Rebirth only Superman.

#21 Edited by deactivated-5c15c5c049c51 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wotan: Lol there is no Rebirth version of the Death of Superman, what you’re referring to is the online companion comic for the new animated movie.

#22 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Different context.

They don't give to Superman, because the stories in which those feats happened either were written out of timeline or didn't happen at all, or happened differently (read Rebirth version of Death of Sueprman for example, which is published not fully, but story all changed, same with feats in that story), context changed in this regards.

But in case of Sentry, it's classic Dragon Ball fusion system, 2 characters merge and their power increases.

I agree both are different, but the comic distinctly says both lives similar and different, insinuating that this Superman has somehow lived both lives and has memories of both Pre and New52. It even says 'consistent with memories and experiences of all' I don't see why it shouldn't be treated the same.

No Caption Provided

#23 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: is this history merging for only superman or every dc character ?

#24 Posted by KanyeCosby (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by baph (2382 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7246 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: Does anything else happen? Those scans aren’t impressive imo

#28 Posted by baph (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil-incarnate: Nope, the next panels Sentry leaves the Earth.

#29 Posted by Lan_Fan (16248 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhmm, I think Superman can solo that version of Avengers as well. I need more feats for Sentry... How fast is he?

#30 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Lan_Fan (16248 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: in travel he is fast but don't know about combat speed

#33 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat:

I agree both are different, but the comic distinctly says both lives similar and different, insinuating that this Superman has somehow lived both lives and has memories of both Pre and New52.

It refers to specific events some of which happened, like Death of Superman, for example i provided, the story still happened, but Rebirth depicts it in different manner, same with all others. Context and feats of those changes.

So some stories did of course happen, but feats of those lack relevancy because A. They went different story context B. They played out in different manner.

It even says 'consistent with memories and experiences of all' I don't see why it shouldn't be treated the same.

Sorry, but having memories ane experiences doesn't translate that those events played out the same way, it's him simply having knowledge of original events, while we know that his origins, his continuity and timeline have been radically changed.

So no it is not applicable, given these contextual elements.

#34 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Uhmm, I think Superman can solo that version of Avengers as well. I need more feats for Sentry... How fast is he?

Maybe Carol obviously, but Thor and Current She-Hulk at the same time, very doubtable in that aspect. Definitely not the same way as Sentry who walked through them like they posed no factual threat or capability to harm him at all, this is something i am very doubtful Superman can manage to replicate.

Thor is obviously Thor, so no further explanation in that regard is needed i assume. As for modern She-Hulk, she was stated as stronger (more power explosive than Hulk, and actually managed to match Immortal Hulk for brief period of time, so in modern days, she is a rather powerhouse, in purest sense.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

#35 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7246 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by KanyeCosby (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: If that’s the case, then that is not that impressive. Unless this Rebirth, Superman wouldn’t have trouble beating that team either. The only character that’s not fodder in that team is Thor.

#37 Edited by baph (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

@baph: If that’s the case, then that is not that impressive. Unless this Rebirth, Superman wouldn’t have trouble beating that team either. The only character that’s not fodder in that team is Thor.

We still don't know how powerful this version of Sentry is though.

In theory, he should be easily above Post-Crisis Superman given how he's the Void and Sentry merged, though if we consider how pathetic/inconsistent current Marvel is then yeah, Post-Crisis Superman could certainly beat them.

#38 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wotan:you have your interpretation of what the scan means, I have mine. However, the fact of the matter is the scan I provided to you has Imperiex in the middle panel. Impaeriex, to my knowledge never even appeared in the New52 let alone have his probes fight Superman. This is a clear message to the reader that stories like that are part of Rebirth Superman's history and thus his feats should be applicable. It even has Darkseid in his Pre52 attire indicating that the interactions Pre52 Supes and DS had are now canon.

@lan_fan said:

Maybe Carol obviously, but Thor and Current She-Hulk at the same time, very doubtable in that aspect. Definitely not the same way as Sentry who walked through them like they posed no factual threat or capability to harm him at all, this is something i am very doubtful Superman can manage to replicate.

Thor is obviously Thor, so no further explanation in that regard is needed i assume. As for modern She-Hulk, she was stated as stronger (more power explosive than Hulk, and actually managed to match Immortal Hulk for brief period of time, so in modern days, she is a rather powerhouse, in purest sense.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Also, as far as this feat goes, it's so easy to see that Hulk was only restraining a berserk She-Hulk so he can taunt her about the fact that she's becoming more like him. You can tell by the facial expressions that Hulk is not going all the way. Jennifer's statement about being more explosive than Bruce was never confirmed and the very nature of her character is to claim she is at levels she clearly isn't at (I mean she tried punching Silver surfer and convinced herself that she let Hercules beat her in an arm-wrestle lol)

From what I've seen Superman's only threat in the Avengers is Thor, and Thor only. And he can most certainly take out the Avengers (this roster) if he was serious

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#39 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

because his established showings don't support his notion

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#40 Posted by termiteone4ever (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be a heck of a fight. Not sure how he is going to stop Superman going all out. I am still not sure how Superman will stop him. Let see how he does feat wise :) . So far he hasn't done much

#41 Posted by HellionVulcan (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

Backing Sentry.

#42 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat said:

because his established showings don't support his notion

oh yeah that's a good point lol. Supes has been nerfed so hard it hurts hahaha

#43 Posted by NiteLite (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#44 Posted by TheAlmightyKue (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has molecular manipulation that he went up against molecule man with right? IF I am remembering that right, Does Superman have any way of countering molecular manipulation?

#45 Posted by Rey_King (2674 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry for completely NON-biased reasons

#46 Posted by jashro44 (53910 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry for now. Soloing the Avengers as effortlessly as he did is a good feat if we ignore there other jobbing, and the void is generally portrayed as a team busting threat.

#47 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

Without void

Superman for majority

With void

Sentry for majority

Also depends how you look at sentry here

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (21823 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Yeah this time I did it

#49 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, he hasn't shown much yet with feats but if we go by how powerful he should be in theory now with the Void, he should honestly stomp Superman and break every bone in his body.

Unfortunately it's not something we will know for sure any time soon or maybe ever since the series is cancelled due to it's lackluster sales

Sentry5$3.9910/24/18Marvel16,185 units shipped
#50 Posted by green_skaar (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that's unfortunate. I loved this series and was looking forward to what merged Sentry would be up to.

Sentry, he hasn't shown much yet with feats but if we go by how powerful he should be in theory now with the Void, he should honestly stomp Superman and break every bone in his body.

Unfortunately it's not something we will know for sure any time soon or maybe ever since the series is cancelled due to it's lackluster sales

Sentry5$3.9910/24/18Marvel16,185 units shipped