All Might vs Thing

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All Might easily. I just started watching Boku No Hero and i have to say All Might is easily one of my ever favorite characters. He is like the perfect Superman. Ben is too slow and i would argue his strength feats are not at All Might's levels. All Might shatters towns with the wind caused by his fists, changes the weather in one punch and blasts an enemy with shock absorption away in "Team Rocket" fashion. Plus, he is much faster than Ben. And all of that in his weak state.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually yeah, All Might would win without much difficulty.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

how? he isn't capable of hurting ben much and ben could oneshot

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheWatcherKing

I'm having trouble seeing All Might hurting Thing,if All Might can then he should win.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Might

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 juiceboks  Moderator

Ben outlasts him if nothing else.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Toratorn
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sy8000

@sy8000 said:

He has better striking power than Ben. Making city level shockwaves is a more impressive feat. All for One performed the same feat and couldn't one-shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben stomps.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All Might wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Might currently in manga is what? Mountain level and supersonic? So he's faster then Ben I think he could potentially wear him down and pull it off.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jashro44

I don't picture Ben doing stuff like changing the weather with a punch or creating shockwaves like All might did against Deku and Bakugo. If he is only going to get better feats from what I've seen I don't see how people can side with Grimm with a straight face....

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-Might should win quite easily.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLUS ULTRA

I only came to say that.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: bonkers, all might literally blew up a city block with his blows.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thing stomps. all mighy is fodder to comic books mid tiers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Ben stomps, All Might isn’t in his league.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing stomps.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I'm deeply confused about where everyone is rating both of them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: I'm not going to bother debating you since your the same guy that said rhino can beat all might. Likewise a quick glance at your scans and they seem highly suspect (like thing and spider-man surviving a blast from a weapon which looks like the ultimate nullifier, they obviously can't tank a blast from a weapon which scared galactus).

@lvenger said:

Ben stomps, All Might isn’t in his league.

Explain.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimm takes this.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Toratorn

@jashro44: the weapon being UN doesn't matter in this context, the size of explosion does, since UN was definitely not used to destroy a universe or some abstract in this occasion.

You don't bother debating because you can't debate for shit. Especially if you think that All-Might can beat Rhino or even Thing. Or since you think scaling doesn't matter.

Fact is, All-Might can't hope to replicate any of the feats I listed, and these are not even the best ones.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@jashro44: the weapon being UN doesn't matter in this context, the size of explosion does, since UN was definitely not used to destroy a universe or some abstract in this occasion.

You should probably elaborate on your scans rather than scan bomb than. Regardless building level explosions aren't very impressive to someone like all might.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Battle123axe

@jashro44 said:
@toratorn said:

You should probably elaborate on your scans rather than scan bomb than. Regardless building level explosions aren't very impressive to someone like all might.

to be fair, the scans show him surviving and tanking nuclear level and above explosions and impacts, blasts that can cause volcanic eruptions, holding up an island, and oneshotting crystal mountain.

That is sufficient proof to show that thing should stomp, regardless of whether you want to debate with him or not

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Toratorn

@jashro44: the blast compeltely dwarfed buildings near the coast, and by the looks of it, the explosion happened somewhere in the middle of the city. Calling it a "building-sized explosion" is a blatant lowball. Especially seeing how it's more impressive than All-Might's best feat, which is not even an explosion but a dust cloud.

Funny how you decided to argue against that feat in particular when it's one of the least impressive of the batch.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: The crystal mountain he posted looks like some alien crystals. The mountain looks pretty hollow so without more context or details I'm not impressed. Tanking the blasts from Basilisk isn't impressive either as spider-man also tanked those same blasts (marvel team up 47). Basilisk was casuing volcanic eruptions through the use of chain reactions. Basilisk even mentions in the scans he posted that he had "planned for too long". His plan was to set off every volcano on the planet to destroy the earths surface.

No Caption Provided

Seems to me like Basilisk caused the eruptions with prep. Now which scans did he post which were above nuclear level? I never read all his scans and I am willing to address them. Just not to him because I have no interest in debating him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

the blast compeltely dwarfed buildings near the coast, and by the looks of it, the explosion happened somewhere in the middle of the city. Calling it a "building-sized explosion" is a blatant lowball. Especially seeing how it's more impressive than All-Might's best feat, which is not even an explosion but a dust cloud.

It only looks like one building was leveled as a result. Looking at the scan post all might's shockwave actually dwarfs several buildings. Plus when caught in an explosion you only have to tank the surface area of the part of the blast your caught in as the other parts of the explosion expand in other directions. So either way you look at it all mights punch is actually more powerful.

Funny how you decided to argue against that feat in particular when it's one of the least impressive of the batch.

I will address the other feats when other users ask me to address specific feats you posted.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: I am not gonna debate on whose stronger but that dust cloud destroyed buildings. Just look at the outskirts of the explosion. You clearly see toppled over buildings. If that was done through the sheer force of their shockwave that makes it all the more impressive. Building level feats are a joke to all might.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Toratorn

@jashro44:"mountain looks hollow". Literally nothing implied that. Not to mention, we literally saw it being built and it was definitely monolitic.

Basilisk didn't have prep, he literally caused a volcano to emerge on-panel:

Spider-Man surviving a hit just means it's a high-end feat for him.

As for the other feat, no matter how much you slice it, a fiery explosion > rising a dust cloud. Especially considering All-Might didn't even do it alone.

Just not to him because I have no interest in debating him.

It's really funny how much you're afraid to debate with me personally. So much that you need to hide behind childish excuses.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nogoodtsuna2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing has greater strength, lacks speed.....stalemate???

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

"mountain looks hollow". Literally nothing implied that. Not to mention, we literally saw it being built and it was definitely monolitic.

We saw it shatter like glass when thing punched it. That wouldn't happen unless it was hollow. Plus Sue even confirms it was hollow....

No Caption Provided

Basilisk didn't have prep, he literally caused a volcano to emerge on-panel:

No he did. "The basilisk has waited to long. Planned too long to be stopped now"

Marvel two in one 17.
Marvel two in one 17.

He had begun the chain reaction before his fight with the thing.

As for the other feat, no matter how much you slice it, a fiery explosion > rising a dust cloud. Especially considering All-Might didn't even do it alone.

The "dust cloud" is a side effect of All Might's punch. The actual punch itself would be far more powerful. Meanwhile Grimm only needs to tank a portion of the explosion in the scan you posted. As for it being a "fiery explosion" all might isn't going to burn Grimm. Heat resistance isn't relevant.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben wins, good fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Sure, whilst All Might's feats may be more flashy, Ben has consistently matched All Might's multi city block/multi building level feats, he's hurt and beaten more powerful opponents than All Might has faced, he hits way harder, has tanked bigger hits than All Might's best, including that punch on Nomu and the United States of Smash he used on All For One. I don't see how he can beat Ben in a slugfest even without a time limit.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@battle123axe: The crystal mountain he posted looks like some alien crystals. The mountain looks pretty hollow so without more context or details I'm not impressed. Tanking the blasts from Basilisk isn't impressive either as spider-man also tanked those same blasts (marvel team up 47). Basilisk was casuing volcanic eruptions through the use of chain reactions. Basilisk even mentions in the scans he posted that he had "planned for too long". His plan was to set off every volcano on the planet to destroy the earths surface.

No Caption Provided

Seems to me like Basilisk caused the eruptions with prep. Now which scans did he post which were above nuclear level? I never read all his scans and I am willing to address them. Just not to him because I have no interest in debating him.

to be fair, nothing indicates it is hollow, and the scan you posted above does not prove that, she literally says that it is exactly what it seems to be, a giant tower made of crystal, not surrounded by or anything. regardless, sue doesn't confirm anything, she states that there is no mechanism inside, meaning that there wasn't any technology inside to achieve it's goal, not that was nothing inside.

Also, a scan was posted showing how it was built, and it was shown to be solid.

Also, that just means that thing hit really hard. same reason if someone destroys a planet with a punch, it doesn't mean the planet was hollow, it just means that they hit really hard.

also, alien crystal makes the feat even better.

Now which scans did he post which were above nuclear level? I never read all his scans and I am willing to address them. Just not to him because I have no interest in debating him.

he was inside an easily country or planet sized fireball, held an island up, tanked a clap from the hulk that shook the earth for miles, tanked a blast that blew up a floating space base on an island, and he jolted doom's force field and stunned doom, which in the same scan said that it would take a nuke to break through

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM is faster, not sure about Stronger, but I’m going with All-Might for the Win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jashro44

@battle123axe:

to be fair, nothing indicates it is hollow, and the scan you posted above does not prove that, she literally says that it is exactly what it seems to be, a giant tower made of crystal, not surrounded by or anything. regardless, sue doesn't confirm anything, she states that there is no mechanism inside, meaning that there wasn't any technology inside to achieve it's goal, not that was nothing inside.

She says there is no mechanism inside and its just a giant crystal needle. There was nothing inside.

Also, that just means that thing hit really hard. same reason if someone destroys a planet with a punch, it doesn't mean the planet was hollow, it just means that they hit really hard.

The scan makes no mention the crystal was solid and I don't see how it confirms the crystal was solid either? Ben even mentions he may have shattered the Crystal because he hit a flaw in the mountain with a lucky punch (or that he doesn't know his own strength, which is unlikely).

Why would you assume that? It literally means the feat can't be measured....

he was inside an easily country or planet sized fireball,

Seems to be related to heat resistance more so than concussive force which is what I'm looking for. If I am missing something I need more context, like an issue number or some kind of explanation. As of now its not relevant.

held an island up,

This is lifting strength. All Might out classes Ben when it comes to striking power.

tanked a clap from the hulk that shook the earth for miles,

Well considering All Might has destroyed several buildings with the shockwave of his punch while at half strength that isn't out of his league. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, no I don't think All Might is close to the hulks strength level. Just saying this would actually be proof that all might wont have a hard time hurting the thing if anything.

tanked a blast that blew up a floating space base on an island,

Did he upload scans of that? If so which set of scans did this happen? Or are you referencing a new feat?

and he jolted doom's force field and stunned doom, which in the same scan said that it would take a nuke to break through

He never broke it. He did stun Doom through the force field but that was it. He isn't hitting with the same force as a nuke or even near it in the scan posted...Or at least he wouldn't have too. Plus its not like doom has never boasted or that it can't be hyperbole.

@lvenger said:

@jashro44: Sure, whilst All Might's feats may be more flashy, Ben has consistently matched All Might's multi city block/multi building level feats, he's hurt and beaten more powerful opponents than All Might has faced, he hits way harder, has tanked bigger hits than All Might's best, including that punch on Nomu and the United States of Smash he used on All For One. I don't see how he can beat Ben in a slugfest even without a time limit.

I don't think All mights striking feats are just more flashy I think there more impressive. I haven't seen any striking feats from the thing that compare to All Might changing the weather with a punch. Or that compares to a punch like this. He has some impressive durability feats but since he's been hurt by people in his own weight class I don't see All Might having a hard time with hurting him. And he is also a lot faster than Grimm so Ben needs to be able to do more than just match him.

EDIT: I should also mention that All Might has an advantage when it comes to consistency. The thing has hundreds of appearances and has been in hundreds of fights. All Might has had less than 10 fights to my knowledge (even if he has had more its still a small number compared to Grimm's showings). I think the fact that I haven't seen any striking feats as of yet that compare to All Might's should mean All Might hits a lot harder. It wouldn't surprise me if the thing has a high end feat that matches what All Might has done but he also has low showings that can be brought up like how in AVX his punch was compared to a car moving at 52 MPH (I agree this is WIS I'm just using this as an example to convey my point).

So I think we have to keep that in mind when comparing there feats. All Might benefits greatly from a more consistent average. I honestly feel like All Mights norm is better than Things high end feats when it comes to striking power...Unless someone has a feat I am unaware of.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@battle123axe:

She says there is no mechanism inside and its just a giant crystal needle. There was nothing inside.

yes, and needles are not hollow either. of course, she states this because she expected there to be a mechanism inside, because it was going to be used to reverse the magnetic poles of the earth, if there was no mechanism inside, then she would state so, it would also be effortless for her to say that there's no mechanism inside, it's hollow, or when thing shatters it, he could have easily stated that it was hollow, so that was shy he broke it. nothing of the sort.

The scan makes no mention the crystal was solid and I don't see how it confirms the crystal was solid either? Ben even mentions he may have shattered the Crystal because he hit a flaw in the mountain with a lucky punch (or that he doesn't know his own strength, which is unlikely).

the scan doesn't mention it, it showsit, it was literally shown being built, and literally nothing indicates it would be, or is, hollow, whether it has to do with structure, or function.

Why would you assume that? It literally means the feat can't be measured....

why would it be drastically different? cyrstal is crystal, not only mentioning that this would most likely be tougher than normal crystal, coming from a hyper-advanced culture, but crystal does not differ in basic structure, and alien literally only means that it is not from earth, which it most obviously isn't.

he was inside an easily country or planet sized fireball,

Seems to be related to heat resistance more so than concussive force which is what I'm looking for. If I am missing something I need more context, like an issue number or some kind of explanation. As of now its not relevant.

held an island up,

This is lifting strength. All Might out classes Ben when it comes to striking power.

tanked a clap from the hulk that shook the earth for miles,

Well considering All Might has destroyed several buildings with the shockwave of his punch while at half strength that isn't out of his league. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, no I don't think All Might is close to the hulks strength level. Just saying this would actually be proof that all might wont have a hard time hurting the thing if anything.

tanked a blast that blew up a floating space base on an island,

Did he upload scans of that? If so which set of scans did this happen? Or are you referencing a new feat?

he uploaded scans of it.

Or that:

and he jolted doom's force field and stunned doom, which in the same scan said that it would take a nuke to break through

He never broke it. He did stun Doom through the force field but that was it. He isn't hitting with the same force as a nuke or even near it in the scan posted...Or at least he wouldn't have too. Plus its not like doom has never boasted or that it can't be hyperbole.

fair enough

@lvenger said:

I don't think All mights striking feats are just more flashy I think there more impressive. I haven't seen any striking feats from the thing that compare to All Might changing the weather with a punch. Or that compares to a punch like this. He has some impressive durability feats but since he's been hurt by people in his own weight class I don't see All Might having a hard time with hurting him. And he is also a lot faster than Grimm so Ben needs to be able to do more than just match him.

ben has much better striking feats than all might, including oneshotting kree sentries, taking down super adaptoid with the durability or vision and iron man while it was phased into him, breaking invisible woman's barriers, together with iron man bringing a mountain down around him with the shockwave of their blows, hurting people like champion, namor, classic hulk, sandman, a living black hole, doctor doom.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It wasn't just city block level, the punch made a shockwave that would've enveloped and destroyed several other city blocks. That's massively better than destroying a single one.

Unless Ben is a casual city buster he wouldn't stomp even if speed weren't a factor.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

why would it be drastically different? cyrstal is crystal, not only mentioning that this would most likely be tougher than normal crystal, coming from a hyper-advanced culture, but crystal does not differ in basic structure, and alien literally only means that it is not from earth, which it most obviously isn't.

I don't care about the debate but honestly this is a pretty poor assumption, there is no reason to think the crystal is stronger just because it's alien in origin.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lvenger
@sy8000 said:
@lvenger said:

It wasn't just city block level, the punch made a shockwave that would've enveloped and destroyed several other city blocks. That's massively better than destroying a single one.

Unless Ben is a casual city buster he wouldn't stomp even if speed weren't a factor.

Ben's a mountain buster and has hurt more durable beings than All Might so that kinda does put him above All Might.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

I don't care about the debate but honestly this is a pretty poor assumption, there is no reason to think the crystal is stronger just because it's alien in origin.

i'm not saying that it is stronger, just that it is not impossible. maybe saying that it is "most likely" is wrong, but it definitely isn't a completely unfounded assumption. regardless, that's a small point, i don't really care that much whether it is stronger or not, but it would be pretty strong regardless, just looking at sheer size

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

yes, and needles are not hollow either. of course, she states this because she expected there to be a mechanism inside, because it was going to be used to reverse the magnetic poles of the earth, if there was no mechanism inside, then she would state so, it would also be effortless for her to say that there's no mechanism inside, it's hollow, or when thing shatters it, he could have easily stated that it was hollow, so that was shy he broke it. nothing of the sort.

Again:

1. Sue states there was no mechanism inside (The underlined part confuses me because you seem to agree in your first sentence there is no mechanism inside?)
  2. Again the thing states he may have hit a weak point.....He wouldn't have made a statement like that if it weren't hollow.

So even the thing isn't sure if he used his own strength to shatter it....At best it isn't measurable.

No Caption Provided

the scan doesn't mention it, it showsit, it was literally shown being built, and literally nothing indicates it would be, or is, hollow, whether it has to do with structure, or function.

There also isn't anything which doesn't indicate the crystal isn't hollow. I don't see how it proves or disproves anything.

Because its not an earthly mineral so we don't know anything about its molecular makeup.

he uploaded scans of it.

Alright I admittedly thought he was trying to show scans of Thing surviving a plant exploding because that what looks like is happening. Still I need more context because it looks like captain america also survived the blast. The scan mentions something about a trophy case being shattered would I be correct in assuming the trophy case contained the heroes? If so it sounds like they were protected from the blast.

But again I am left to read the scan and interpret it without any context. So more details would be helpful.

ben has much better striking feats than all might, including oneshotting kree sentries,

I'm not familiar with kree sentries. Fodder tend to vary in terms of durability. Mindless ones for example have been one shotted by spider-man but they've also had really impressive durability feats IIRC. I'm mostly interested in measurable feats that I can put a number on.

taking down super adaptoid with the durability or vision and iron man while it was phased into him,

Visions intangibility works by altering his density. If it was phased into him this means it would be lowering its durability.

breaking invisible woman's barriers, hurting people like champion, namor, classic hulk, sandman, a living black hole, doctor doom.

Again I'm mostly looking for measurable feats. I don't really judge characters physical abilities on who they have tanked hits from, or who they have tagged, or who they have hurt unless we are talking about a character who hasn't had a chance to show off there abilities outside of fighting other characters. The thing has been around for decades and he's had his own ongoing (fantastic four, marvel-two in one, his own solo book at one point) so I would rather rely on measurable feats to compare to all mights.

together with iron man bringing a mountain down around him with the shockwave of their blows,

Its from marvel feature #12. Pretty good feat but honestly not out of all might's league. Thing and iron man achieved that with successive blows. It wasn't just one shockwave or anything like that. They had been fighting for a few pages. I think if All Might had fought someone like All for one underneath that mountain it would have collapsed eventually.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's clobbering time!

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#98 higherpower  Moderator

@sy8000 said:
@battle123axe said:
@sy8000 said:

He has better striking power than Ben. Making city level shockwaves is a more impressive feat. All for One performed the same feat and couldn't one-shot.

When has All Might ever made city level shockwaves?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@red_ruby_petal: That's not city level. It's a shared feat and even then the it only destroyed several city blocks. It's multi-city block+ to town level at absolute best.