#9 Edited by Amendment50 (13799 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Warlockmage (7563 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#11 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#12 Posted by americanspeeddemon (6522 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Amendment50 (13799 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by uugieboogie (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins. This is the first time I've seen a MHA character being used, nice.

#15 Posted by Rockette (4932 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Grimm ftw.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#16 Posted by americanspeeddemon (6522 posts) - - Show Bio

@amendment50: hmm i guess the Thing wins then I honestly don't know much about him other than his appearances in other people's comics where he's kind of a jobber.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#17 Posted by TheMultiversity (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben is stronger, strikes harder, and more durable than All-Might, although All-Might is much faster. I don't think his speed advantage is going to help him enough to achieve victory though.

#18 Edited by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Might lacks the actual power to defeat Ben, while Ben lacks the speed to keep up with him. I believe eventually Ben will connect and there the battle will go in his favor.

#19 Posted by Battle123axe (8512 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben is stronger, strikes harder, and more durable than All-Might, although All-Might is much faster. I don't think his speed advantage is going to help him enough to achieve victory though.

#20 Posted by theonlytruth (1368 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by seastone98 (4087 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins tho all mights speed will be a problem

#22 Posted by FlashingSabre (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing stomps.

#23 Edited by Thedarkking25 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

All might wins wtf he has the same power set as deku but stronger plus he's way faster

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
#24 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (2130 posts) - - Show Bio

All might wins wtf he has the same power set as deku but stronger plus he's way faster

True but he has also been out of his prime for quite some time and since he gave OFA to Deku his power has been declining though he still has impressive feats even with his residual power look at his battle with AFO he caught up to the spot in 30 seconds from 5 km away if you are to use a bit of math here that's 600 km per hour running at about 372 miles an hour, pretty fast.

OP didn't specify which version of Thing and I am not very familiar with Thing in general but if he can tank a United States of Smash and also deal that much damage then he can win

#25 Edited by Nomar (1617 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck finding showings of Thing that aren't massive outliers that are anywhere near as impressive as All Might. This board just hates giving anime/manga characters anything. Thing is a massive punching bag for people holding back. Let it sink in that Thing is a character that Wolverine can easily defeat. Let that sink in and then think about how a fight between Wolverine and All might would go. Wolves would get the Team Rocket treatment so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

This board is trash for anime/manga vs comics and when it comes to comic book characters it's just like that annoying kid who goes "well this one time". Ya, one time.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-the-thing-390332/

That's the Thing vs Wolverine topic. With many voting for wolverine with one of the grounds being that he is way too fast for Thing. Thing doesn't even have the damage output to hurt All Might badly. Is this board that honey glazed about comic book characters?

#26 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing.

#27 Edited by cooljammy18 (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think All Might can put up a good fight and can keep up with his speed and is strong enough to hurt Ben. However, Ben's durability will allow him to outlast All Might, and when that happens All Might is going to get clobbered.

Thing wins in a low to mid difficult fight imo. All Might isn't getting stomped though, at least until he starts to lose stamina and weaken.

#28 Posted by Sy8000 (33981 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Thing.

#29 Posted by Thedarkking25 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing anint even that impressive lol

#30 Posted by MainJP (5159 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#31 Posted by GhostRavage (14867 posts) - - Show Bio

All Might.

#32 Posted by juiceboks (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben. All Might just isn't on his level of physical strength from what I've seen.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#33 Posted by blackpantherisb (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing should win.

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
#34 Posted by DarkRoseIronAvenger (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

All might has knocked someone into orbit with out having acess to his powers.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#35 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (20775 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (5862 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people rooting for the thing like he stomps. All might stopped rain by punching so hard creating a huge shockwave. That feat is very similar to saitama one punching sea king.

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
#37 Posted by DarkRoseIronAvenger (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress: I'm not a major fan of MHA , haven't even watched/read the series, how my friend is though. Ill talk to him tommorow and have him debate for allmight as he would know better and can actually post scans (I'm on my phone .)

He has showed me things from the series and I believe this was all might when he was fighting some guy outside lol. He was suppose to counter all nights abilities I believe by aboribing them ? I'm not sure , like I said I don't know the series at all really other than a few characters my friend likes and has told me about. I'll have him comment on it tommorow morning or something if that helps. Hope I got the scene where it happened right.

#38 Posted by del_torro (3083 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't punch nomu into orbit. He punched him across the city or something.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#39 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Sy8000 (33981 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Rockette (4932 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Grimm ftw.

#42 Posted by GhostRavage (14867 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Because he proved to be strong enough to harm Ben during his fight with All for One. Not to mention he's not getting touched given the speed disadvantage. On top of it, successfully tanking with petty bruises an attack that leveled several city blocks.

I'm assuming he doesn't have a time limit here though.

#43 Edited by Sy8000 (33981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@highaccuser: Because he proved to be strong enough to harm Ben during his fight with All for One. Not to mention he's not getting touched given the speed disadvantage. On top of it, successfully tanking with petty bruises an attack that leveled several city blocks.

I'm assuming he doesn't have a time limit here though.

I don't really see that as enough to put down Ben when he can ignore nukes. All Might's fast but he's not gonna be untouchable. Most of his speed feats are blitzing anyway and not reaction based.

I would assume he had the time limit he had before fighting All for One here as otherwise it would be peak All Might who we know little about.

#44 Posted by GhostRavage (14867 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

I don't really see that as enough to put down Ben when he can ignore nukes. All Might's fast but he's not gonna be untouchable. Most of his speed feats are blitzing anyway and not reaction based.

Besides his rather fun-inclined short-lived 6 paged issue "Mano a Mano" with Professor Hulk, when has Ben ever "ignored" nukes? That's an incredibly high end feat for both Professor Hulk and Thing, specially the consistency in which Thing couldn't beat Grey Hulk which by his own admission would've died in a nuclear detonation. Do you have any other instance or atleast an amount of them that would suffice to give Ben such a high degree of durability, because as far as his fights and consistent feats goes, he's not one to shrug off a city-sized attack like nothing and he certainly hasn't found himself around that caliber of attacks often and simply walked out of them.

All Might was reacting to a guy that was fighting so fast his arms turned to incomprenhensible blurs and maintained that combat speed for a quite prolonged time. Thing is slower than your average street leveler let alone someone with actual training and tactical combat experience like All Might, the fact he could successfully react to Gran Torino who moves at supersonic speeds within restricted and small areas is enough to claim he can react and be well above Thing's speed paygrade. Either way, Thing does not have a single feat that could compare to this:

No Caption Provided

He literally just disappeared, saved Eraser Head and one shot'd 6 guys before reappearing again. This is well beyond Thing's best reactionary speed feats and as far as combat, several tiers above.

I would assume he had the time limit he had before fighting All for One here as otherwise it would be peak All Might who we know little about.

His time-limit during his fight with All for One was reduced significantly after his fight with Nomu during Villain Invasion, he states as much. Either way, i think it would be more fair to take out the time limitation and give him an actual power level we can argue for, say, the power level he had during his last fight and Nomu's fight (considering he was getting weaker after giving One for All to Midoriya) but without the time-limit restriction.

Anyways, i also haven't seen anything on Ben Grimm's damage output that would put him beyond the kind of damage All Might withstanded with minimum damage and also holding back when he fought All for One in Boku No Hero Academia Chapter 90: "Give me your Hand". Like, people praise Angrir because he busted a city block yet this attack decimated half a city and All Might simply jumped back and kept fighting. If it wasn't because of the time-limit he would've won the fight with less trouble as well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

I don't know, i think people is either underestimating All Might or maybe just basing themselves in what they've seen in the anime or are thinking way too high of Ben. I see them both around the same tier, but All Might excels at damage output, speed and endurance. Thing will struggle to a rather ridiculous degree to even land a hit against a much more tactical and absurdly faster opponent, let alone said opponent having the offensive to take Thing down, even if it takes some time.

#45 Posted by TifaLockhart (20819 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by jagernutt (13885 posts) - - Show Bio

All Might

#47 Posted by GhostRavage (14867 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Thank you. I was little shocked to see so many people voting for Ben off the bat, including people that i assume knows both characters. I believe Thing is a tougher opponent as far as durability goes, but constant damage output should put him down, let alone being in a fight against someone who has all the means to dodge all your attacks and adapt to your fighting style quite easily. That said, without the time limit, i would also give the endurance and stamina edge to All Might, considering the potentially lop-sided exchange of blows on his favor.

#48 Posted by Sy8000 (33981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Besides his rather fun-inclined short-lived 6 paged issue "Mano a Mano" with Professor Hulk, when has Ben ever "ignored" nukes? That's an incredibly high end feat for both Professor Hulk and Thing, specially the consistency in which Thing couldn't beat Grey Hulk which by his own admission would've died in a nuclear detonation.

Grey Hulk tanked and overpowered a bullrush from Iron Man in the armor that busted a Manhattan sized island. He should never be bothered by nukes unless the heat is a problem.

Do you have any other instance or atleast an amount of them that would suffice to give Ben such a high degree of durability, because as far as his fights and consistent feats goes, he's not one to shrug off a city-sized attack like nothing and he certainly hasn't found himself around that caliber of attacks often and simply walked out of them.

The nuke instance is the best quantified one, but he has at least one feat of tanking mountain busting attacks. Honestly considering War Machine with no power in his suit tanked a nuke I don't see why they should bother mid tiers.

Unless you want to argue that's an outlier and comic characters in general are a lot weaker than the Vine makes them out to be, and to be fair I've sort of reached that conclusion about high tiers so I would be open to that.

All Might was reacting to a guy that was fighting so fast his arms turned to incomprenhensible blurs and maintained that combat speed for a quite prolonged time. Thing is slower than your average street leveler let alone someone with actual training and tactical combat experience like All Might, the fact he could successfully react to Gran Torino who moves at supersonic speeds within restricted and small areas is enough to claim he can react and be well above Thing's speed paygrade. Either way, Thing does not have a single feat that could compare to this: He literally just disappeared, saved Eraser Head and one shot'd 6 guys before reappearing again. This is well beyond Thing's best reactionary speed feats and as far as combat, several tiers above.

Torino is nowhere near the speed of sound. All Might himself is only supersonic. Thing has decent enough reflex feats to land an occasional hit eventually, he has thunderclaps and AoE if nothing else, I believe he's hit Quicksilver with those.

His time-limit during his fight with All for One was reduced significantly after his fight with Nomu during Villain Invasion, he states as much. Either way, i think it would be more fair to take out the time limitation and give him an actual power level we can argue for, say, the power level he had during his last fight and Nomu's fight (considering he was getting weaker after giving One for All to Midoriya) but without the time-limit restriction.

That would be fair.

Anyways, i also haven't seen anything on Ben Grimm's damage output that would put him beyond the kind of damage All Might withstanded with minimum damage and also holding back when he fought All for One in Boku No Hero Academia Chapter 90: "Give me your Hand". Like, people praise Angrir because he busted a city block yet this attack decimated half a city and All Might simply jumped back and kept fighting. If it wasn't because of the time-limit he would've won the fight with less trouble as well.

People don't praise Angir for that but for beating Red Hulk. Anyway Ben has ripped apart Kree Sentry which are much more powerful than classic Namor and Nova Prime at 17% power and too durable to be hurt by either of them. Also that attack was nowhere near city level. Maybe it could destroy most of a small city, but large ones like New York wouldn't even have a single borough damaged seriously. It's still below nuke level damage.

I don't know, i think people is either underestimating All Might or maybe just basing themselves in what they've seen in the anime or are thinking way too high of Ben. I see them both around the same tier, but All Might excels at damage output, speed and endurance. Thing will struggle to a rather ridiculous degree to even land a hit against a much more tactical and absurdly faster opponent, let alone said opponent having the offensive to take Thing down, even if it takes some time.

I asked you partially because I was wondering if you were only going off the anime (based on which he'd just be fodder here). If you think Ben is overrated because comic characters as a whole are as with the nuke comparison, like I said I'd be open to that because I've sort of realized no high tier is anywhere near planet level consistently which scales down to mid tiers, so they wouldn't need to be so far above nuke level.

#49 Posted by Sy8000 (33981 posts) - - Show Bio

Also if Ben happens to hit him in his wound, that'll be the end of it.

#50 Edited by GhostRavage (14867 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

Grey Hulk tanked and overpowered a bullrush from Iron Man in the armor that busted a Manhattan sized island. He should never be bothered by nukes unless the heat is a problem.

Yeah, he was also ragdolled by way lesser attacks from Iron Man in Model 9 armor in Incredible Hulk vol.1 #361 and was previously ragdolled by Cyclops's held back visors in Incredible Hulk vol.1 #336 and then some more. I think you should actually do research for the consistency behind Grey Hulk's instances, he's not so overly-powerful all the time and Hulk is a rather unpractical benchmark character precisely because of his power's fluctuating nature. Unless you're arguing for Hulk, in which case you use him to the best of his abilities, randomly naming high end feats to scale another character is not acceptable. Regardless, Iron Man didn't turn that huge rock into sand or dust, he busted it into smaller chunks by using his speed, definitely not something a nuclear detonation would do. That said, i would take Hulk's and Peter David's own admission on Joe Fixit's limitations over your view on him, because as of now, is pretty twisted and off point.

The nuke instance is the best quantified one, but he has at least one feat of tanking mountain busting attacks. Honestly considering War Machine with no power in his suit tanked a nuke I don't see why they should bother mid tiers.

So you don't have any other "objective" instance to prove Thing is actually that tough? Using the single, quantifiable and absolute highest durability feat so far, considering he literally didn't even flinch in the instance, hardly cancels the absurd amount of instances that showcase his toughness on a drastically inferior representation.

Unless you want to argue that's an outlier and comic characters in general are a lot weaker than the Vine makes them out to be, and to be fair I've sort of reached that conclusion about high tiers so I would be open to that.

It is an outlier, that doesn't mean Thing and other characters are suddenly dragged down of their current tiers, there are other factors to take into account than simple durability. On top of it, tanking a nuke is not necessary to be considered a high tier.

Torino is nowhere near the speed of sound. All Might himself is only supersonic. Thing has decent enough reflex feats to land an occasional hit eventually, he has thunderclaps and AoE if nothing else, I believe he's hit Quicksilver with those.

Based on what exactly? I claimed he was super-sonic because he's consistently creating shockwaves when he moves seriously as well as being capable of following around All Might when both were at his peak. Thing doesn't have a single feat to suggest he can tag All Might Highaccuser... Why don't you actually showcase a feat of Thing successfully tagging a tactically moving speedster that efficiently moves in combat and fights at high speed instead of recurring to Quicksilver, who has been tagged by everyone in different ways? Thunderclaps, simply putting an arm up or making him topple into his own toes has been consistent with Pietro... But let's apply some of the logic you're using here. Pietro stomped the shit out of Mister X as he would logically always do, the same Mister X that fought Wolverine head on and was actually moving fast enough to overwhelm him in combination with his pseudo-telepathy, this was the same Wolverine who was dancing around Ben and almost killed him before he was teamed up by the other Fantastic Four. This makes Thing slower than Wolverine, slower than Mister X, slower than Quicksilver and obviously slower than All Might.

Regardless, judging by the limited feats All Might has, he does not look like simply supersonic and if he is, he's bordering in Mach 4 anyways, which is enough to dance around Thing all day long. As per AoE and Thunderclaps, i sincerely don't see what's going to be so great about them, specially since all of All Might's fights generate huge shockwaves and collateral damage on simple punch exnchanges and he doesn't even flinch.

That would be fair.

Yes it would.

People don't praise Angir for that but for beating Red Hulk. Anyway Ben has ripped apart Kree Sentry which are much more powerful than classic Namor and Nova Prime at 17% power and too durable to be hurt by either of them. Also that attack was nowhere near city level. Maybe it could destroy most of a small city, but large ones like New York wouldn't even have a single borough damaged seriously. It's still below nuke level damage.

Is one of the reasons why people claim he was amped, because he crashed a city block on a simple stomp of his foot. Beating a watered down, non-absorbing Red Hulk is hardly a feat to make noise about... He was flat out confirmed to be weaker because of this and Angrir beating him doesn't make much justice about his amplification in power. I don't know from where are you taking that citation because as far as i know, the only relevant issues Namor and Sentry 459 shared where Avengers vol.1 #288 and Avengers vol.1 #289 and the only robot of all the robots involved in the issue that Namor never layed a finger on was Sentry 459... He fought Awesome Android (actually beheaded him by brute force), Adaptoid and Tess-One on different stages. The only one who actually fought Sentry 459 was She Hulk and she performed much better than Ben to begin with, she was never KO'd and was exchanging punches equally which even though Ben busted a hole on him, was still beaten rather quick by slamming him on the water and getting a strong grip on him which he couldn't break in Fantastic Four vol.1 #64. I don't know how strong is Nova Prime with only 17% of power.

The attack All Might took was indeed city-level considering it basically busted half a city or mind you, several city blocks in a single swing and the previous fight they had actually leveled an entire city. The fact it didn't busted the city in a single blow does not mean those attacks are not city level, even then, that attack is far greater than any punch, stomp, or barrage of attacks Thing has ever delivered, not even close... I mean, i don't even know why you take one of the largest cities in the entire world as a reference for the attack even less when Thing's offensive does not register there either.

I asked you partially because I was wondering if you were only going off the anime (based on which he'd just be fodder here). If you think Ben is overrated because comic characters as a whole are as with the nuke comparison, like I said I'd be open to that because I've sort of realized no high tier is anywhere near planet level consistently which scales down to mid tiers, so they wouldn't need to be so far above nuke level.

Fodder is too strong of a word. I still think you're thinking too high of Ben... He's not that strong and certainly not that durable, even though he might as well be more durable than All Might but his offensive is lacking, specially the frequency in which he can potentially tag All Might whereas All Might, who is arguably as strong as Thing when punching, can indeed deliver an absurd amount of devastating punches and move tactically to greatly minimize damage taken and greatly maximize the output. Anyways, no, i'm not basing myself only on the anime.

I have a different tier classification. High Tiers do not need to be planet level to be considered one. Powerhouses though, might or not have planetary feats but certainly excel at their respective fields to put them above most people like Hulk, Thor or Superman. Mid Tiers is a classification way too wide to simply start dropping characters there and even though i truly think Ben is a mid tier, he's certainly capable of pulling high-tier feats... Nuclear level feats? Hell no.