Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 owie  Moderator

All MCU versions.

Triton, Karnak, Auran

vs

Mockingbird, Daredevil, Black Widow

Triton has his two knives. Karnak is healed from his head injury and is unarmed. Auran is unarmed.

Mockingbird has her magnetic-return batons. Daredevil has his armor and batons. Black Widow has her garrote, electric batons, and electric punch-gauntlets (not other gear).

Good teamwork on both sides. In character. Battle takes place in a depopulated Target, starting at 30'.

Win by any means.

Who wins and why?

Karnak, Auran, Triton
Karnak, Auran, Triton

Black Widow, Daredevil, Mockingbird
Black Widow, Daredevil, Mockingbird
Hemehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Team 2 (as far as I know from what I've watched). I only watched 3 episodes of Inhumans, and Karnak was pretty useless, Triton was dead, and Auran was not too bad, but team 2 takes it as far as i know

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumans

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak is pretty hax, I don't know if anyone on Team 2 can counter him. Even if they're more established and have better combat feats.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, partially because I refuse to give the Inhumans a win of any sort.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak literally can't loose.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SupremeGeneration
@rbt said:

@angeljax said:

Karnak is pretty hax, I don't know if anyone on Team 2 can counter him. Even if they're more established and have better combat feats.

Karnak usually stands there doing squat while figuring out what to do. He also has 0 knowledge on his opponents, so he doesn't have the luxury of waiting around while his team gets 3v2'd and he's trying to figure something out. Furthermore, there's 3 very skilled combatants he has to worry about, X-Factors like the Widow Bites, the billy club extensions, and the electric batons. I don't think he fought anyone exceptionally skilled in the show, though I might be forgetting some things.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RBT

@supremegeneration:

Karnak usually stands there doing squat while figuring out what to do. He also has 0 knowledge on his opponents, so he doesn't have the luxury of waiting around while his team gets 3v2'd and he's trying to figure something out. Furthermore, there's 3 very skilled combatants he has to worry about, X-Factors like the Widow Bites, the billy club extensions, and the electric batons. I don't think he fought anyone exceptionally skilled in the show, though I might be forgetting some things.

I don't know how his power worked in the show, tbh. I think he jumps in a fight and sees if its going to go his way. If it doesn't, he tries again. He was able to walk around room while everything else was frozen. So he doesn't have to worry about his team. They won't start fighting until he does. And he'll only start fighting after he's sure he's going to win.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@supremegeneration:

I don't know how his power worked in the show, tbh. I think he jumps in a fight and sees if its going to go his way. If it doesn't, he tries again. He was able to walk around room while everything else was frozen. So he doesn't have to worry about his team. They won't start fighting until he does. And he'll only start fighting after he's sure he's going to win.

Yea but iirc ALL of his showings were either against predictable fodder or people he trained/helped train. He has incredibly limited showings (if any) against people with genuine, hardcore skill. He can predict what fodder will do, but he has no showings that'll say he can take the likes of Nat, Matt, and Bobbi. All of this and he doesn't have any knowledge on one-shot tasers and electric batons.

When he was fighting the guards that came to arrest him early on in the season, he only managed to use his powers because either he thinks just that fast or because the guards let him (they were trying to arrest, no kill). In either scenario, the non-Inhuman team can close the distance at least enough for his calculations to be a bit off.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@supremegeneration:

Yea but iirc ALL of his showings were either against predictable fodder or people he trained/helped train. He has incredibly limited showings (if any) against people with genuine, hardcore skill. He can predict what fodder will do, but he has no showings that'll say he can take the likes of Nat, Matt, and Bobbi. All of this and he doesn't have any knowledge on one-shot tasers and electric batons.

When he was fighting the guards that came to arrest him early on in the season, he only managed to use his powers because either he thinks just that fast or because the guards let him (they were trying to arrest, no kill). In either scenario, the non-Inhuman team can close the distance at least enough for his calculations to be a bit off.

Fair enough. Its hard to argue for him when I am not even sure how his power works.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 owie  Moderator

@rbt said:

@supremegeneration:

@rbt said:

Karnak's power is one of the things I wanted to test in this battle. What does it take for him to lose? How skilled an opponent can he defeat with his powers, is there a ceiling? How much information does he need ahead of time to win? In this case, Black Widow's clubs glow, so he's going to be pretty aware of how they work from the start, I think. Bobbi's returnable ones less so. It's unclear to me at this time what the limit on his tactics/weakness-seeing is, but I think there must be one at some level. I don't think his power is literally to freeze time, I think that is just the show's way of showing that he thinks extremely fast, and can imagine a million possibilities in a split second. But still, he clearly was capable of seeing a lot of possibilities.

In terms of some other details--these are for those who haven't seen much of Inhumans--Karnak was also fast and accurate enough to deflect a bullet with his finger, almost exactly as he did in the comics in his recent solo volume.

Auran is a pretty skilled, tactical fighter, also very agile. Here are two fights with her against the superhumanly strong Gorgon, who is also supposed to be the best fighter in Atalan as the head of the guards. She also possesses regeneration, although it's not totally clear to me if she can heal during a fight, or only after (she came back from the dead a couple times); if she can regenerate mid-fight, that would be helpful vs the blunt weapons the human team has. First fight (starts about the 1 minute mark) with her fish-hooking his mouth and taking a kick from Gorgon among other things, second fight, does less well but some agile fighting. She had more fights but I don't see them online.

Triton came back in the last episode and had a pretty good blitzing feat against guards (near the end of the clip). He was clearly pretty skilled, and I would say superhumanly fast with his bullet dodging, which would match up with his obviously superhuman swimming speed. Excellent agility and good accuracy with thrown knives.

I'm not taking sides here by getting into detail on the Inhumans, I just know they're less well-known and want to give some feats.

Also, while everyone is probably very familiar with Widow, I ran across this last night, which is a great resource--all her fights in one video.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@owie: sorry for the late bump.

Didn't Karnak get captured by like 4 or 5 thugs after he got his powers back and needed Gorgon to save him?

Letyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, Karnak solos. The guy can cut a bullet in half and kick a plasma bolt back to the shooter.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans was a TERRIBLE show and ABC should be embarrassed, but on topic the Inhumans win this fight. Karnak is MVP and Triton was impressive in his limited screen time.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: @letyke: wasn't Karnak captured by like 4 or 5 guys and needed Gorgon's help to escape after he got his powers back?

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xtreme1

@americanspeeddemon: from what I remember he was affected by the injury and didn’t have his powers while on Earth. I don’t think he was fully healed to the point where his powers worked correctly until he got back to Attilan.

Letyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: He was affected by his head injury, which messed with his power. The fact that he cut the bullet in half while still suffering from this injury means that he could do even more crazy stuff in full health, which he is in the fight.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 owie  Moderator

@owie: sorry for the late bump.

Didn't Karnak get captured by like 4 or 5 thugs after he got his powers back and needed Gorgon to save him?

Hmm...remind me what episode? I can't remember that off the top of my head.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: The episode where everyone met up. I think episode 5ish.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Avatar image for avengergamer676
Avengergamer676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers