Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#1 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (995 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Alita Movie version

She has her Damascus Blade and Berserker Body

Jetstream Sam can use Muramasa and all of his abilities he used in the game

#2 Edited by Mee09 (5664 posts) - - Show Bio

Alita needs some ridiculous speed/reaction feats. As well as exceptional durability feats in order to take on someone like Jetstream Sam. His sword should be able to cut through everything in Alita's verse.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#3 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

Alita needs some ridiculous speed/reaction feats. As well as exceptional durability feats in order to take on someone like Jetstream Sam. His sword should be able to cut through everything in Alita's verse.

From what Seen of her Damascus Blade it looks like it can do the same High-frequency thing his sword does to cut through stuff

#4 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

Lmao go see the movie. She has the feats and her sword is essentially the same, potentially better. She even has a full scene where she goes full MGS:R.

No Caption Provided

OT: I'm not sure what's going to happen when their swords collide, or if Alita's sword will break his. Or if it will be equivalent to Raiden and Sam clashing. Her auto-instincts reaction times and speed are better than Sam's and she edges out there. Her adaptive body and regen gives her a huge edge and her striking power and strength is well about Sam's. That's not even getting into her plasma field. This is a good fight but Alita wins.

#5 Edited by Mee09 (5664 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson: That feat that you've just shown. Is far slower than Sam. Let alone Raiden. So lets not bring the rest of MGR into this.

#6 Edited by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam stomps

No Caption Provided

She has no counter and can't react from this.

#7 Edited by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson: But she won't able to react that slash from that gif.can't she react to blade mode and can't she hopscotch a hypersonic missles?

#8 Posted by kyrees (13492 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't remember alita lifting a multi ton giant blade and use it as a sword against a robot and sam fought evenly to a guy that did that.

#9 Posted by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: and can't she survive a brutal beat down from Armstrong?

#10 Posted by Mee09 (5664 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson:

Lmao go see the movie. She has the feats and her sword is essentially the same, potentially better. She even has a full scene where she goes full MGS:R.

No Caption Provided

OT: I'm not sure what's going to happen when their swords collide, or if Alita's sword will break his. Or if it will be equivalent to Raiden and Sam clashing. Her auto-instincts reaction times and speed are better than Sam's and she edges out there. Her adaptive body and regen gives her a huge edge and her striking power and strength is well about Sam's. That's not even getting into her plasma field. This is a good fight but Alita wins.

Even if she does just that, she is still fodder to Sam.

No Caption Provided

Her auto-instincts reaction times and speed are better than Sam's and she edges out there

No she isn't because it was Sam who could keep up with a guy who can perceive explosions in slow motion. The speed gap between Alita and Sam is several tiers above.

No Caption Provided

If this is all Alita has, this is a mismatch.

#12 Edited by chaos_zelur (251 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like spite in favor of Sam.

#13 Edited by chaos_zelur (251 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson: The feat you showed can be performed by Raiden as a human, who can deflect SMG fire and his MGS4 body, which would be fodderized by either Raiden or Sam. That isn't MGR level.

This is

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#14 Edited by Daisy_Johnson (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson:

No Caption Provided

Even if she does just that, she is still fodder to Sam.

No Caption Provided

Her auto-instincts reaction times and speed are better than Sam's and she edges out there

No she isn't because it was Sam who could keep up with a guy who can perceive explosions in slow motion. The speed gap between Alita and Sam is several tiers above.

No Caption Provided

If this is all Alita has, this is a mismatch.

Yeah, no. I don't get why people are arguing against her when they haven't seen the movie. I can only provide the gifs that are on net and do my best to descriptively explain her in film feats, which I admittedly may not be doing the best job at. Unfortunately, we've both shown that both characters have the power to slice armored mechs in half and, I was hoping people would pick up on her movements and casual bullet dodging in said gif. It may not be in slow mo, but it can be seen. It's shown consistent throughout the film.

What said we have threads like this stating she can't keep up with Sam (which she can, she has speed feats that are visibly comparable and is a bullet timer) followed by ones saying she straight up stomps Quicksilver https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/alita-2019-vs-quicksilver-mcu-2004582/

The film explains how her instincts and reactions speeds work. She simply react without her even needing to think about her actions with pin point accuracy. At one point she slices her own tear in half without looking as it falls to the ground. Panzer Kunst and her adaptive URM Berserker body with insane regen and active healing is something neither Raiden or Sam have. Her body is far more powerful with an anti-matter core and her body can emit plasma around 15'000 degree Celsius and can disintegrate them. She definitely can keep up with Sam, and I don't see how Sam is winning or where that conclusion is drawn from. Also yes, I have played and beat the game twice.

#15 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson:

Yeah, no. I don't get why people are arguing against her when they haven't seen the movie. I can only provide the gifs that are on net and do my best to descriptively explain her in film feats, which I admittedly may not be doing the best job at. Unfortunately, we've both shown that both characters have the power to slice armored mechs in half and, I was hoping people would pick up on her movements and casual bullet dodging in said gif. It may not be in slow mo, but it can be seen. It's shown consistent throughout the film.

Bullet dodging isn't on their level. They have done things that make bullet timing obsolete. I just showed you a feat of Raiden seeing explosions move at a crawl, and this is out of the street tier league. I also think you are ignoring the scale in which Sam was cutting the Metal Gear from head to tail without touching them. That is WWAAAYY bigger than what you showed. Especially when this is in fact a Metal Gear which have been tanking full scale military attacks since Big Boss' time.

What said we have threads like this stating she can't keep up with Sam (which she can, she has speed feats that are visibly comparable and is a bullet timer) followed by ones saying she straight up stomps Quicksilver https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/alita-2019-vs-quicksilver-mcu-2004582/

"Bullet dodging isn't on their level"

The film explains how her instincts and reactions speeds work. She simply react without her even needing to think about her actions with pin point accuracy. At one point she slices her own tear in half without looking as it falls to the ground. Panzer Kunst and her adaptive URM Berserker body with insane regen and active healing is something neither Raiden or Sam have. Her body is far more powerful with an anti-matter core and her body can emit plasma around 15'000 degree Celsius and can disintegrate them.

Like you literally didn't see the one feat I posted which already makes Alita's bullet time feats look bad. And Raiden and Sam have fought worse. Armstrong can create lasting magma explosions with his punches. Both guys are capable of parrying him and sustaining themselves in the heat of battle.

She definitely can keep up with Sam, and I don't see how Sam is winning or where that conclusion is drawn from. Also yes, I have played and beat the game twice.

And you aren't looking at the feats I posted. Cool. You definitely missed a lot.

#16 Posted by Toratorn (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the movie and Anita doesn't have anything that would allow her to keep up. Sam was shown equal to a guy who can throw EXCELSUS over his shoulder and match Armstrong. He doesn't even need a sword, he should be able to easily manhandle Alita with physicals alone.

#17 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson:

Bullet dodging isn't on their level. They have done things that make bullet timing obsolete. I just showed you a feat of Raiden seeing explosions move at a crawl, and this is out of the street tier league. I also think you are ignoring the scale in which Sam was cutting the Metal Gear from head to tail without touching them. That is WWAAAYY bigger than what you showed. Especially when this is in fact a Metal Gear which have been tanking full scale military attacks since Big Boss' time.

"Bullet dodging isn't on their level"

The film explains how her instincts and reactions speeds work. She simply react without her even needing to think about her actions with pin point accuracy. At one point she slices her own tear in half without looking as it falls to the ground. Panzer Kunst and her adaptive URM Berserker body with insane regen and active healing is something neither Raiden or Sam have. Her body is far more powerful with an anti-matter core and her body can emit plasma around 15'000 degree Celsius and can disintegrate them.

Like you literally didn't see the one feat I posted which already makes Alita's bullet time feats look bad. And Raiden and Sam have fought worse. Armstrong can create lasting magma explosions with his punches. Both guys are capable of parrying him and sustaining themselves in the heat of battle.

She definitely can keep up with Sam, and I don't see how Sam is winning or where that conclusion is drawn from. Also yes, I have played and beat the game twice.

And you aren't looking at the feats I posted. Cool. You definitely missed a lot.

I did look at the feats and played the games.

When have either of them went up against plasma manipulation that burns that hot and disintegrates everything at the molecular level? Magma ranges from 700-1300 degrees Celsius, and that is not even remotely close to plasma burning at 15'000 degrees. Granted this feat isn't fair as it is never shown in film, and she only shows it off outside of combat. It is however within her capabilities and will likely be seen in the future. I also haven't heard a counter to her auto-instinct reactions and her adaptive body and regen which are also very good. The film makes a lot of statements, but never has Alita fighting a character that matches her own power.

That said I do plan another rewatch, I am going to keep everything you said in mind and keep a very keen eye out on speeds and I forgot a certain feat from a gif Chaos_Zuler pointed out that has be considering a few things. Alita shows she can replicate the feat, just simply not on the same scale. The feat in question is where Raiden is jumping on each enemy in the sky. I'm going to concede on stating their speeds are similar until my rewatch. That said I am not conceding on her plasma abilities, her blades ability to cut through any material (a feat shared by the frequency blades), or her instinct reaction and regen abilities in her URM Beserker body.

One Metal Gear fan to another. I think we can both agree that the mass produced Rays are no where near what Sahelanthropus is, or even Rex which can be heavily debatable on depending on various factors you want to use. I would even go as far to admitting that the mechs in the gif I provided are really just super armored Gekkos in terms of purpose and functionality. Something I just felt compelled to say since you brought up. Thought RAY was a little bit after Big Boss's time in technicality as his ass cooked into a coma. Sorry, not sorry.

#19 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson:

I did look at the feats and played the games.

When have either of them went up against plasma manipulation that burns that hot and disintegrates everything at the molecular level? Magma ranges from 700-1300 degrees Celsius, and that is not even remotely close to plasma burning at 15'000 degrees. Granted this feat isn't fair as it is never shown in film, and she only shows it off outside of combat. It is however within her capabilities and will likely be seen in the future. I also haven't heard a counter to her auto-instinct reactions and her adaptive body and regen which are also very good. The film makes a lot of statements, but never has Alita fighting a character that matches her own power.

Did you not see Raiden perceiving explosions in the GIF that I just posted in my first reply???

I do know the feat, and I have no problem with it.

I say its not impressive because 15,000 is actually the heat of standard explosions. Things explode because they excruciatingly hot, Armstrong's scale of explosions reaches to a point it can encompass the entire battlefield. That isn't just 15,000 degrees C. He is causing magma to erupt and burst. That is different from just manga. White phospherous on its own is 5k degrees C. Like how is 15k degrees going to accomplish this?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That said I do plan another rewatch, I am going to keep everything you said in mind and keep a very keen eye out on speeds and I forgot a certain feat from a gif Chaos_Zuler pointed out that has be considering a few things. Alita shows she can replicate the feat, just simply not on the same scale. The feat in question is where Raiden is jumping on each enemy in the sky. I'm going to concede on stating their speeds are similar until my rewatch. That said I am not conceding on her plasma abilities, her blades ability to cut through any material (a feat shared by the frequency blades), or her instinct reaction and regen abilities in her URM Beserker body.

You can see the GIF I posted of Raiden perceiving explosions in slow motion and swinging his blade so fast it doesn't expand significantly before seven swings. Thats near massively hypersonic. You can't put bullet timing in the same league, and idk what other feat I missed from Alita that puts her on that level. That is the feat that I posted and you didn't look at it.

Based on feats alone the H/F blade is superior. We can't associate them all to ( cut through everything ). There are limitations, and if they do share the same properties, take note to mind neither Cyborg gets one shotted or cut through easily by the H/F blade, the blades the explicitly cut dozens of times more than their own blade length. They aren't on the same tier.

One Metal Gear fan to another. I think we can both agree that the mass produced Rays are no where near what Sahelanthropus is, or even Rex which can be heavily debatable on depending on various factors you want to use. I would even go as far to admitting that the mechs in the gif I provided are really just super armored Gekkos in terms of purpose and functionality. Something I just felt compelled to say since you brought up. Thought RAY was a little bit after Big Boss's time in technicality as his ass cooked into a coma. Sorry, not sorry.

I think you are mentioning this because you think the first boss in the game is a mass produced Ray?

Its Modified Ray, it is explicitly stronger, more durable and more powerful than every other Ray. It has more missile arnaments, its water canon was replaced with a plasma canon, and its got more guns to it and is given a plasma blade. It is a lot more advanced

and these codecs already show that cutting Ray is an impressive feat. Let alone waaaayyy beyond blade length.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#20 Posted by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: Fox sounds like a good match

Bringing MGR here...........nope

#22 Posted by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Loveeveryone2 (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Alita need more speed feats

She’s pretty strong tho

#24 Edited by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

@loveeveryone2: Alita is still not strong, Sam scales against Raiden who is super strong than her. Have you seen those gifs from our post?

#25 Posted by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Loveeveryone2 (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: I’m sorry my friend I didn’t see. I’m following you as well you seem to know a lot. :)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#27 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15641 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Sam wins.

#28 Edited by Loveeveryone2 (370 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by assemblesquad (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Loveeveryone2 (370 posts) - - Show Bio