#1 Posted by teefurtree (1191 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353
#2 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Detlaff stomps hard.

#3 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

How? How does Detlaff stomp Alita's prime body with her sword?

#4 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

Detlaff is faster, stronger, can turn into mist feat for Alita doing anything note worthy?

#5 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

Detlaff is faster, stronger, can turn into mist feat for Alita doing anything note worthy?

I would not say he's faster or stronger. He can turn to mist and has good regen (then again so does Alita after she gets her which is adaptive). Have you seen the movie yet? She stomps everyone and one shots almost everyone she fights minus Grewishka. Yet even then she stomps his ass. She's too fast and too strong. By the end of the film she could deflect anything Detlaff can throw at her and continuously cut him up like butter. I'm pretty sure she can land hits on him.

#6 Edited by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

I would not say he's faster or stronger. He can turn to mist and has good regen (then again so does Alita after she gets her which is adaptive). Have you seen the movie yet? She stomps everyone and one shots almost everyone she fights minus Grewishka. Yet even then she stomps his ass. She's too fast and too strong. By the end of the film she could deflect anything Detlaff can throw at her and continuously cut him up like butter. I'm pretty sure she can land hits on him.

No I haven't seen the movie but you know what now I'll make a thread that I know she can never win.

#7 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

No I haven't seen the movie but you know what now I'll make a thread that I know she can never win.

lolololol do it! We'll see if she can do it or not!

I plan to watch the movie again and keep better track of feats. It was so good.

#8 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

do that, and did you like the movie? how much prep time would you think is fair for Alita? do you think she can beat Game Geralt at his best and strongest?

#9 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

do that, and did you like the movie? how much prep time would you think is fair for Alita? do you think she can beat Game Geralt at his best and strongest?

Oh I plan on it :P For me that movie was 10/10 personally and it's one of my all time favorite films now. That may change after a second viewing, but it was a freaking experience. Also very personally relatable for me.

That's a hard question for me because I'm not super familiar with the Witcher series. I haven't played all the games and seen bits and pieces. I've seen nothing in the Witcher series that seems too troubling for Alita. I can't possibly see how Geralt at his strongest can stop her. I know he has good magic abilities, but his physicals are just nothing compared to what she has. I have not seen a film where the protagonist completely shit stomps everyone since Neo in the Matrix.

There's nothing that seems to be able to stop her sword either and she goes full Raiden (from MGS) in on scene.

No Caption Provided

Alita and Geralt are not on the same level.

As far as prep goes. It depends on her body. If she has her URM body, she won't need any and will straight up stomp him.

#10 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

Oh I plan on it :P For me that movie was 10/10 personally and it's one of my all time favorite films now. That may change after a second viewing, but it was a freaking experience. Also very personally relatable for me.

That's a hard question for me because I'm not super familiar with the Witcher series. I haven't played all the games and seen bits and pieces. I've seen nothing in the Witcher series that seems too troubling for Alita. I can't possibly see how Geralt at his strongest can stop her. I know he has good magic abilities, but his physicals are just nothing compared to what she has. I have not seen a film where the protagonist completely shit stomps everyone since Neo in the Matrix.

There's nothing that seems to be able to stop her sword either and she goes full Raiden (from MGS) in on scene.

No Caption Provided

As far as prep goes. It depends on her body. If she has her URM body, she won't need any and will straight up stomp him.

Well then it is a good thing I didn't put her up against the Dragonborn, because she would have gotten raped so hard.

From the stuff you posted, I would say she is above Geralt, since her skills seem close to Detlaff...I say the Unseen Elder could take her out.

#11 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

What are her feats

#12 Edited by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

No Caption Provided

Well then it is a good thing I didn't put her up against the Dragonborn, because she would have gotten raped so hard.

From the stuff you posted, I would say she is above Geralt, since her skills seem close to Detlaff...I say the Unseen Elder could take her out.

I highly doubt the Dragonborn (from Elderscolls) would be much of a match for her. The Dragonborn is imho weaker than most Fire Emblem characters as far as middle ages fantasy heroes go and I feel she can edge a lot of FE characters.

What are some gears for the Unseen Elder? I heard of it but I don't actually know anything about him. He's from the end of the DLC right?

I don't know when I'm going to get to watch the movie again. I'm hoping Thursday or Friday so I can pay attention to her feats and represent her better :) I'm hoping to see it in D-box with the moving seats as we don't have 4D in our city yet. Apparently the Motorball scene alone makes it worth the $25 based on people who've done it. This movie is just so amazing!

#13 Posted by AotD (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Detlaff unless her swordsman skill isn`t on the movie Blade level at least, which i`ve highly doubt..

#14 Edited by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

No Caption Provided

I highly doubt the Dragonborn (from Elderscolls) would be much of a match for her. The Dragonborn is imho weaker than most Fire Emblem characters as far as middle ages fantasy heroes go and I feel she can edge a lot of FE characters.

What are some gears for the Unseen Elder? I heard of it but I don't actually know anything about him. He's from the end of the DLC right?

I don't know when I'm going to get to watch the movie again. I'm hoping Thursday or Friday so I can pay attention to her feats and represent her better :) I'm hoping to see it in D-box with the moving seats as we don't have 4D in our city yet. Apparently the Motorball scene alone makes it worth the $25 based on people who've done it. This movie is just so amazing!

Wrong, Dragonborn is very very powerful and hax, people just forget what all he can do.

just a run down Dragonborn is actually LS, the games and what not doesn't do a good job of actually depicting the characters well. she won't be able to touch him. secondly, he has soul tear don't know if Alita can protect from having her soul ripped out. lastly, Dragonborn can freeze time. this is some of his abilities not adding in skull of corruption which can duplicate Alita and have the duplicate kill the original.

Yes, Unseen elder is from Blood and Wine DLC. what is who Detlaff and all other Vampires in witcher listen to and fear above anything else.

#15 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson: can I see some feats for her or at least can you give me some of her feats from the movie? So far I haven’t seen anything in this thread to say she’s on deflaffs level.

#16 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

No Caption Provided

Wrong, Dragonborn is very very powerful and hax, people just forget what all he can do.

just a run down Dragonborn is actually LS, the games and what not doesn't do a good job of actually depicting the characters well. she won't be able to touch him. secondly, he has soul tear don't know if Alita can protect from having her soul ripped out. lastly, Dragonborn can freeze time. this is some of his abilities not adding in skull of corruption which can duplicate Alita and have the duplicate kill the original.

Yes, Unseen elder is from Blood and Wine DLC. what is who Detlaff and all other Vampires in witcher listen to and fear above anything else.

How much of that is game play mechanics vs actual canon material? That's something very important to keep in mind.

As far as Alita getting her soul ripped out, likely won't happen. Especially since she's immune to being hacked. She has a soul/conscious though she's also at least a 300+ year old cyborg and her URM Berserker body has a powerful plasma field. Being the last of her kind and made out of incredibly rare materials that don't exist anymore... unless the Dragonborn can duplicate Alduin, he isn't duping Alita. Her anti-matter heart alone is so powerful it can power entire futuristic flying cities casually, and I believe indefinitely. I just can't see the Dragonborn "raping her". I do see her flipping the DB over and drilling it's asshole split wide open tho.

@daisy_johnson: can I see some feats for her or at least can you give me some of her feats from the movie? So far I haven’t seen anything in this thread to say she’s on deflaffs level.

I'll list a few feats as there aren't too many gifs, but I'll try to gather a few. Unfortunately they are all from the trailers. She definitely gets stronger and grows as the film goes on as well. I'm planning a second watch with the intention of actually analyzing feats. This is only stuff I remember off the top of my head without going into too much story spoiler territory.

Feats and abilities (All Bersker URM bodyfeats are bolded)

- Ultra-instinct automatic reflexes without thinking, her body simply reacts to her surroundings

- Mastered the fighting style of Panzer Kunst.

- Adaptive body that can change shape

- Super fast regen as part of the adaptive body. Hinted to be Wolvine levels but displayed too late to be clear.

- Her sword can cut through any known material, nothing in the movie is shown to stop it. It's similar to Raiden's high frequency blade in the MGS series.

- Bullet timer (as seen in the gif with the mechs) She sheds a tear at one point and straight up cuts it in half without looking at it as it falls. She's very agile.

- Plasma field and manipulation (however she only shows it off and this is a power that will be explored in the sequel)

- Makes all her enemies look like little bitches and straight up disrespects them. One-shotting most characters. Wins every single fight and encounter in the film, with the majority being a stomp

- midway through the movie gets super ****ed up at one point, she takes the high ground and leaps at her enemy and literally gets Anakin Skywalker'd. There's nothing left of her but her torso, one arm, and her head. Rather than screaming "I HATE YOU" like a little bitch, she uses her one arm to flop around like a fish and then lunge at the strongest villain in the movie and completely disrespects him back slamming a 5 finger death punch right through one of his eyes and then snaps her arm off and leaves it in his skull. An impessive feat if ever seen one.

- Not a feat, but the series true antagonist Nova [Edward Norton] essentially states that he plans to destroy her by killing and crushing everything she loves as he clearly can't beat her outright.

Alita transverse rooftops displaying incredible jumping abilities

No Caption Provided

Casually reacts to a hostile situation by instinct and completely humiliates the thugs.

No Caption Provided

Straight up reacts to a skilled rival Hunter Warrior named Zapan (think bounty hunters) and effortlessly overpowers him with speed and instincts faster than he can process the reality of what is happening.

No Caption Provided

Sadly we are going to need to wait a while until some of her more impressive feats get gifs. Or alternatively you can go see the movie and support it. It's an amazing film!

#17 Posted by buildhare (8709 posts) - - Show Bio

He is faster but that's basically it, anyone Geralt can really phase at all gets butchered by Alita.

#18 Edited by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:
@daisy_johnson said:
@mygod101 said:

Detlaff stomps hard.

No Caption Provided

How much of that is game play mechanics vs actual canon material? That's something very important to keep in mind.

As far as Alita getting her soul ripped out, likely won't happen. Especially since she's immune to being hacked. She has a soul/conscious though she's also at least a 300+ year old cyborg and her URM Berserker body has a powerful plasma field. Being the last of her kind and made out of incredibly rare materials that don't exist anymore... unless the Dragonborn can duplicate Alduin, he isn't duping Alita. Her anti-matter heart alone is so powerful it can power entire futuristic flying cities casually, and I believe indefinitely. I just can't see the Dragonborn "raping her". I do see her flipping the DB over and drilling it's asshole split wide open tho.

@phillip33 said:

I'll list a few feats as there aren't too many gifs, but I'll try to gather a few. Unfortunately they are all from the trailers. She definitely gets stronger and grows as the film goes on as well. I'm planning a second watch with the intention of actually analyzing feats. This is only stuff I remember off the top of my head without going into too much story spoiler territory.

Feats and abilities (All Bersker URM bodyfeats are bolded)

- Ultra-instinct automatic reflexes without thinking, her body simply reacts to her surroundings

- Mastered the fighting style of Panzer Kunst.

- Adaptive body that can change shape

- Super fast regen as part of the adaptive body. Hinted to be Wolvine levels but displayed too late to be clear.

- Her sword can cut through any known material, nothing in the movie is shown to stop it. It's similar to Raiden's high frequency blade in the MGS series.

- Bullet timer (as seen in the gif with the mechs) She sheds a tear at one point and straight up cuts it in half without looking at it as it falls. She's very agile.

- Plasma field and manipulation (however she only shows it off and this is a power that will be explored in the sequel)

- Makes all her enemies look like little bitches and straight up disrespects them. One-shotting most characters. Wins every single fight and encounter in the film, with the majority being a stomp

- midway through the movie gets super ****ed up at one point, she takes the high ground and leaps at her enemy and literally gets Anakin Skywalker'd. There's nothing left of her but her torso, one arm, and her head. Rather than screaming "I HATE YOU" like a little bitch, she uses her one arm to flop around like a fish and then lunge at the strongest villain in the movie and completely disrespects him back slamming a 5 finger death punch right through one of his eyes and then snaps her arm off and leaves it in his skull. An impessive feat if ever seen one.

- Not a feat, but the series true antagonist Nova [Edward Norton] essentially states that he plans to destroy her by killing and crushing everything she loves as he clearly can't beat her outright.

Alita transverse rooftops displaying incredible jumping abilities

No Caption Provided

Casually reacts to a hostile situation by instinct and completely humiliates the thugs.

No Caption Provided

Straight up reacts to a skilled rival Hunter Warrior named Zapan (think bounty hunters) and effortlessly overpowers him with speed and instincts faster than he can process the reality of what is happening.

No Caption Provided

Sadly we are going to need to wait a while until some of her more impressive feats get gifs. Or alternatively you can go see the movie and support it. It's an amazing film!

all of it is actually is canon. Like I said the game don't represent the actual true stuff in TES, it game it all water down versions of the actual feats that are preformed in lore.

Skull of Corrupt is actually stated in lore to Duplicate beings, and the doppelgangers sole propose is to kill the original.

Vivec stated that being timeless is the nature of the gods:

"to be a god:

It is like being a juggler. Things are always moving, and you learn to know where they are without even thinking about it. Only there are many, many things moving. And sometimes, like any juggler, you drop something. I'm afraid it has become a lot more a matter of dropping things lately. There's too much to do, and not enough time, and I'm losing my touch. Perhaps I'm growing old."

"It is a bit like being at once awake and asleep. Awake, I am here with you, thinking and talking. Asleep, I am very, very busy. Perhaps for other gods, the completely immortal ones, it is only like that being asleep. Out of time. Me, I exist at once inside of time and outside of it"

"It's nice never being dead, too. When I die in the world of time, then I'm completely asleep. I'm very much aware that all I have to do is choose to wake. And I'm alive again. Many times I have very deliberately tried to wait patiently, a very long, long time before choosing to wake up. And no matter how long it feels like I wait, it always appears, when I wake up, that no time has passed at all. That is the god place. The place out of time, where everything is always happening, all at once."

This is supported by the fact that the place the Daedric Princes live in (Oblivion) doesn't have time in it:

Lord Fa-Nuit-Hen says, “Again I interrupt! The mighty Fa-Nuit-Hen, a servant of Hermaeus Mora? By no means! I am a scion of Boethiah, a sovereign demiprince, and I serve no will but my own! As for time, cause, and consequence, let's just say that the laws of the Dragon God do not apply to Oblivion. Oh, it's useful to adopt the trappings of duration when dealing with mortals, so you'll find Maelstrom quite familiar in that regard. We know how lost you feel away from the hand of Akatosh! Maelstrom is far easier to comprehend than Apocrypha—and much more generous in that we award victorious competitors with fabulous prizes!"

And how Alduin exist inside of the space between kalpas, where time doesn't exist:

"[And it came to pass that] a strange thing happened: Alduin the World-Eater, who sleeps between the [kalpas], had a disturbing dream, and he roused slightly, but not enough to bring ruin, and, heavy-lidded, he went back to the [age-wait]. But he yawned just slightly beforeso, which he had never done. And thus was born the Dirt Patch Which Does Not Gather Snow."

Heck, Vivec takes you outside of time in ESO:

business:

"Not very sensible. But very good. I was hoping for someone who would have no hesitations about making such an oath. You will now have a brief, momentary sensation of time passing. Don't be alarmed. You are being taken out of time in order to avoid the unpleasant experience of learning how to use Wraithguard. It will be over before..."

[There is a brief sensation of motion in total darkness, floating, but without a sense of weight or direction.]

Dragonborn is actually extremely powerful and faster than Alita, unless you think she can move in stopped time she isn't touching Dragonborn. Dragonborn can casually Raze Cities pretty easily. in game Alduin is at least planet level and can eat a Kalpa=universe in actually lore and ESO Alduin beyond that and dragonborn scales to Alduin.

like I mentioned the games are not great Representation of the characters just like most movies are not great representation of some superheroes.

OT: I think I will have to change my position and say Alita beat Detlaff