• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fallen_reptile
#1 Edited by fallen reptile (394 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for rightprice
#2 Posted by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this has been done before.   
    
Hacking and slashing, and crushing wouldn't really do much to either of them.  So I think it is really a question of if Mercer consumes Wolverine what would be the effect? 
 
If Mercer consumes Wolverine then, since Mercer is pretty much all virus, what would happen when he duplicates and incorporates Wolverine's X-gene and starts expressing that healing factor?  Would Mercer's new healing factor augment his own regenerative abilities or would it attack him?  If it did attack him I'd imagine Mercer would be left in constant agonizing pain (like Wolverine with a symbiote bound to him), with his original healing ability battling it out with the new healing factor, or maybe the healing factor kills him, overcoming his own healing ability and destroying him from the inside out.   

Avatar image for knox
#3 Posted by Knox (483 posts) - - Show Bio

A tough fight indeed, I don't see them doing any lasting damage to each other

Avatar image for lance_bastro
#4 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine has this. it won't be easy though. anyone who says other could be crazy bc that's saying mercer can beat the hulk.

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (40551 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer has this....his variety of powers and ability to withstand damage are far too great for Wolverine to overcome.
Moderator
Avatar image for matezoide2
#6 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer overkill 
 
Wolverine cant even hurt him
 
@Lance Bastro said:

" wolverine has this. it won't be easy though. anyone who says other could be crazy bc that's saying mercer can beat the hulk. "

1) Wolverine lasting more than 10 seconds against Hulk = PIS
2) Mercer can heal from anything Wolverine can do to him in a few seconds,also he is much faster,agile,smarter and skilled than the Hulk
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#7 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:
" I think this has been done before.       Hacking and slashing, and crushing wouldn't really do much to either of them.  So I think it is really a question of if Mercer consumes Wolverine what would be the effect?  If Mercer consumes Wolverine then, since Mercer is pretty much all virus, what would happen when he duplicates and incorporates Wolverine's X-gene and starts expressing that healing factor?  Would Mercer's new healing factor augment his own regenerative abilities or would it attack him?  If it did attack him I'd imagine Mercer would be left in constant agonizing pain (like Wolverine with a symbiote bound to him), with his original healing ability battling it out with the new healing factor, or maybe the healing factor kills him, overcoming his own healing ability and destroying him from the inside out.    "
good point. if he does aborb wolverine it would end up killing him bc of two factors.. the poisonus adamtium and the x-gene.
Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (40551 posts) - - Show Bio

How does slashing and stabbing do "nothing" to Wolverine? Last time I checked, Sabretooth does rather well. . .

Moderator
Avatar image for matezoide2
#9 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: 
not to mention how crushing and smash do ``nothing`` to Wolverine either
 
anyway,absorbing Logan would make Mercer stronger,he isnt a human infected by a virus,he IS the virus,he isnt a living creature that is sick,the healing factor wont attack Mercer because there is nothing to be attacked
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#10 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

some people are over rating mercer. he's similar to carnage/venom.
 
venom is a 20 tonner
carnage is a 30 tonner
 
 
and wolverine fights these guys just for fun.

Avatar image for matezoide2
#11 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro: 
he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman
 
Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too
Mercer is stronger than then btw
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#12 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage..
Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (40551 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
"some people are over rating mercer. he's similar to carnage/venom.  venom is a 20 tonner carnage is a 30 tonner   and wolverine fights these guys just for fun. "

You're wrong...Wolverine can't beat EITHER of them.  Plus, you're stereotyping based on his appearance.
Moderator
Avatar image for matezoide2
#14 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "
Mercer can lift more than Carnage and Venom,IMO
and theres no maybe here,Mercer recovered from a nuclear blast,his healing outclasses Carnage,Venom and Wolverine`s
Avatar image for spidey_15
#15 Edited by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie got beaten by far less powerful people than Mercer. Mercer will destroy him!
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#16 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
"some people are over rating mercer. he's similar to carnage/venom.  venom is a 20 tonner carnage is a 30 tonner   and wolverine fights these guys just for fun. "
You're wrong...Wolverine can't beat EITHER of them.  Plus, you're stereotyping based on his appearance. "
i played the game and even beat it, but it's not just that. the symboites absorb things in them as well. they can be stealth and transform like mercer can. you can cut up venom in half or into tiny pieces and he forms back. carnage can shape his symboite into weapons shields and armor as hard as steel. they can possess a body of someone by using the symboite. they can alter their sizes. they can stetch their symboite up to 30 feet or more. they are impervious to diseases and viruses.
 
their only real weaknesses are high frequency sounds and fire.
 
the only real advantage compared to the two are that, mercer probably jumps 5 times higher than these two.
Avatar image for matezoide2
#17 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro: 
1) it isnt the same thing,Mercer can become any person he wants,Venom/Carnage just change back to human and sometimes become invisible but thats it
2) Venom cant survive getting cut up in half,what are you talking about?
3) Mercer can freely change his shape
4) but in order to do that,they have to remove the simbiont wich then posses someone else,Mercer absorbs peopple and get their appearance/skills
5) they cant,the reason their sizes change is because of the artist
6) not even going to bother with this one
7) and?
8) Mercer isnt weak against sounds or fire
 
now for the differences
1) Mercer is a virus,Venom and Carnage are simbionts from outerspace
2) Mercer absorbs peopple,Carnage and Venom use peopple as hosts
3) Mercer can change his whole body
4) Alex isnt a crazy muderer machine,the reason he kills innocents is the player`s influence
5) Alex couldnt remember about his past,Carnage and Venom never had this problem
6) Alex is a hero,Carnage and Venom arent
7) Mercer can use his powers to make himself stronger,faster,more durable
8) Mercer isnt a terrible hand-to-hand fighter
Avatar image for spidey_15
#18 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
Nice list.....
Avatar image for rightprice
#19 Posted by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "


Mercer can effortlessly lift a 60 ton tank, sprint a few city blocks or even a few miles, run up the side of a skyscraper, jump a couple of hundred feet from to another rooftop, and then throw it a few city blocks to hit some specific person he wants to kill, and all in the span of like 10 to 15 seconds.  
 
Can Venom or Carnage do that. 

Avatar image for matezoide2
#20 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: 
thank you,unless you are being sarcastic ^_^
 
 
  
Avatar image for gt_man
#21 Posted by GT-Man (4039 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "

@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
dude
Avatar image for flcl1
#22 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

spite
Avatar image for spidey_15
#23 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
Of course not. I agree with everything you write!=] 
Avatar image for gt_man
#24 Posted by GT-Man (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

Avatar image for matezoide2
#25 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "


@Matezoide said:

" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "

dude "
what?
 
@spidey 15:
alright then,the ``.....`` at the end of your post confused me
 
@GT-Man said:
"

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

"

search the Venom vs Wolverine threads,it gives plenty reasons as to why Wolverine shouldnt beat him
Avatar image for flcl1
#26 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
"

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

"

venom will rape him
Avatar image for spidey_15
#27 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide:
You know it is not something important, i just like to leave some"......." at the end of my post......=]

Avatar image for matezoide2
#28 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:

" @GT-Man said:

"

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

"
venom will rape him "
 Venom is gay?! O_o
 
IMPOSSIBLE!!!
   
 

@spidey 15:
alright then
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#29 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:
"

@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "


Mercer can effortlessly lift a 60 ton tank, sprint a few city blocks or even a few miles, run up the side of a skyscraper, jump a couple of hundred feet from to another rooftop, and then throw it a few city blocks to hit some specific person he wants to kill, and all in the span of like 10 to 15 seconds.  
 
Can Venom or Carnage do that. 

"
 
 
 
 
 
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#30 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  1) it isnt the same thing,Mercer can become any person he wants,Venom/Carnage just change back to human and sometimes become invisible but thats it 2) Venom cant survive getting cut up in half,what are you talking about? 3) Mercer can freely change his shape 4) but in order to do that,they have to remove the simbiont wich then posses someone else,Mercer absorbs peopple and get their appearance/skills 5) they cant,the reason their sizes change is because of the artist 6) not even going to bother with this one 7) and? 8) Mercer isnt weak against sounds or fire  now for the differences 1) Mercer is a virus,Venom and Carnage are simbionts from outerspace 2) Mercer absorbs peopple,Carnage and Venom use peopple as hosts 3) Mercer can change his whole body 4) Alex isnt a crazy muderer machine,the reason he kills innocents is the player`s influence 5) Alex couldnt remember about his past,Carnage and Venom never had this problem 6) Alex is a hero,Carnage and Venom arent 7) Mercer can use his powers to make himself stronger,faster,more durable 8) Mercer isnt a terrible hand-to-hand fighter "
yes venom can servive being cut in half. he was cut in two by thor's lover and came back together and almost killed her... then thor rushed in and shot a devestating blast at venom. haven't you notice that venom can turn into piles of blobs and strings? soo, why can't he be cut in half?
Avatar image for rightprice
#31 Posted by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
" @rightprice said:
"

@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "


Mercer can effortlessly lift a 60 ton tank, sprint a few city blocks or even a few miles, run up the side of a skyscraper, jump a couple of hundred feet from to another rooftop, and then throw it a few city blocks to hit some specific person he wants to kill, and all in the span of like 10 to 15 seconds.  
 
Can Venom or Carnage do that. 

"
 
 
 
 
 
"

I see him throwing a car (1-1.5 tons), a van (~2 tons), what appears to be a garbage truck (5 or 6 tons maybe).  None of those are anywhere near the weight of the tanks Mercer can lift and throw.  The vehicles shown above are within the 10-20 ton range you put Venom and Carnage at earlier, not at Mercer's level of running around with and throwing 60 ton tanks.  Only the pic on the bottom right, with Venom lifting a vehicle with treads, might indicate that he his capable of lifting a tank, but since we can't see the whole vehicle and there are numerous types of vehicles with treads, that pic really doesn't say anything about his strength that can be used for comparison against Mercer. 
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#32 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
" @rightprice said:
"

@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "


Mercer can effortlessly lift a 60 ton tank, sprint a few city blocks or even a few miles, run up the side of a skyscraper, jump a couple of hundred feet from to another rooftop, and then throw it a few city blocks to hit some specific person he wants to kill, and all in the span of like 10 to 15 seconds.  
 
Can Venom or Carnage do that. 

"
 
 
 
 
 
"

I see him throwing a car (1-1.5 tons), a van (~2 tons), what appears to be a garbage truck (5 or 6 tons maybe).  None of those are anywhere near the weight of the tanks Mercer can lift and throw.  The vehicles shown above are within the 10-20 ton range you put Venom and Carnage at earlier, not at Mercer's level of running around with and throwing 60 ton tanks.  Only the pic on the bottom right, with Venom lifting a vehicle with treads, might indicate that he his capable of lifting a tank, but since we can't see the whole vehicle and there are numerous types of vehicles with treads, that pic really doesn't say anything about his strength that can be used for comparison against Mercer.  "
it was a bulldozer
 
 
 
 
Avatar image for comicstooge
#33 Posted by ComicStooge (22010 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer wins...

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (40551 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
"

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

"

He can and has.  Wolverine has no way of beating him...Unless Venom decides to just remove the symbiote and go "Hey, stab me!" lol
Moderator
Avatar image for flcl1
#35 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
"@FLCL1 said:

" @GT-Man said:

"

i dont think venom can beat wolverine

"
venom will rape him "
 Venom is gay?! O_o
 
IMPOSSIBLE!!!
   
 

@spidey 15: alright then "

lol
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#36 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

a bulldozer
 
 

 
Avatar image for matezoide2
#37 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
" @rightprice said:
"

@Lance Bastro said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  he isnt similar to Venom/Carnage,not even close,thats worse than claiming Daredevil is just like Batman  Venom and Carnage would beat Wolverine too Mercer is stronger than then btw "
stronger by what means? not muscle power. maybe stronger in regeneration than venom/carnage.. "


Mercer can effortlessly lift a 60 ton tank, sprint a few city blocks or even a few miles, run up the side of a skyscraper, jump a couple of hundred feet from to another rooftop, and then throw it a few city blocks to hit some specific person he wants to kill, and all in the span of like 10 to 15 seconds.  
 
Can Venom or Carnage do that. 

"
 
 
 
 
 
"
everything you posted could be replicated by Spider-Man
 
the bulldozer Venom lifted seens to be much smaller than the real life one IMO
 
Mercer can level buldings with easy and easly lifts militar air-planes and tanks that weight more than 10 tons (around Eddie`s limit) effortless,he never struggled to lift anything on the whole game
anyway,Venom cant heal from being ripped apart,only the simbiont itself,but not Venom,if someone rips Venom in two,it will kill both the host and the alien
 
Mercer still destroys Wolverine
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#38 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said: 
 
 
 
dude, i swear by odin's beard, vemon was ripped in half! i kid you not. he was in half and came back together and thor had to rescue her and shot venom until he melted into a slime... moments latter after that, magneto confronted thor and opened up the earth and trapped thor at the center of the earth.
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#39 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Matezoide said:     dude, i swear by odin's beard, vemon was ripped in half! i kid you not. he was in half and came back together and thor had to rescue her and shot venom until he melted into a slime... moments latter after that, magneto confronted thor and opened up the earth and trapped thor at the center of the earth. "
i'm going to have to actually show you this for you to believe. let me go to barns and nobles and find it. i'll take my trusty camera with me.
Avatar image for matezoide2
#40 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro: 
tell me,did he rip Venom with the host or just the alien? what was the issue? i never called you a liar,but that sounds like PIS or something happened,because if Venom could freely do that,wouldnt it be impossible to KO him?
Avatar image for dark_zoom
#41 Posted by Dark Zoom (2413 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro:  tell me how wolverine would beat alex mercer and ill give u counter reasons why he cant
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#42 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  tell me,did he rip Venom with the host or just the alien? what was the issue? i never called you a liar,but that sounds like PIS or something happened,because if Venom could freely do that,wouldnt it be impossible to KO him? "
it didn't imply that it was just the symboite itself. venom randomly joined the fight because he was infatuated with thor's lover (wife?) and wanted to take her. but she's a goddess so she's strong too and fights venom and cuts him in half with her enchanted sword. she thought she killed him and turns around and seconds later venom come back in one piece and knocks her out. that's when thor came in.  (this was all in the middle of a battle between the asgardians and magneto's army) i don't know what issuse it was until i find it. i was at b&n a few month ago reading up on it at the comic section. i was really bored that day.
 
 
 
 
 

Avatar image for matezoide2
#43 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Bastro:  tell me,did he rip Venom with the host or just the alien? what was the issue? i never called you a liar,but that sounds like PIS or something happened,because if Venom could freely do that,wouldnt it be impossible to KO him? "
it didn't imply that it was just the symboite itself. venom randomly joined the fight because he was infatuated with thor's lover (wife?) and wanted to take her. but she's a goddess so she's strong too and fights venom and cuts him in half with her enchanted sword. she thought she killed him and turns around and seconds later venom come back in one piece and knocks her out. that's when thor came in.  (this was all in the middle of a battle between the asgardians and magneto's army) i don't know what issuse it was until i find it. i was at b&n a few month ago reading up on it at the comic section. i was really bored that day.      "
hum...that sounds like PIS and randon
but if you say so
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
#44 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

this fight isnt even close. 
 
Mercer will completely and utterly devestate wolverine, and yes he could consume him without even having to wear him down. 
 
Mercer consumes people by tearing them to shreds and then consuming them. It isnt a matter of whether or not wolverine's immune system can handle the virus. he will be shredded into particulate before he is consumed.
Avatar image for rightprice
#45 Edited by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan:
But what would happen if Mercer duplicates Wolverine's healing factor?  Would it augment his own regenerative abilities or would it attack him?  It could be similar in effect (although not related) to an autoimmune disease for Mercer. 
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
#46 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer is not a man at all. He's all virus. So if the virus duplicated wolverine's healing factor (useless compared to the regenerative abilities it already has) then the healing factor would serve the virus.

Avatar image for rightprice
#47 Posted by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
"a bulldozer
 
 
  "

That's a nice picture and puts into perspective how big bulldozers can be, but posting just this one picture is misleading.  Bulldozers come in a lot of sizes, take a look:  
  
A huge one

 
 
 
A pretty big one 

 
 
 
Some not so big ones       

 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 
   
Avatar image for matezoide2
#48 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
" Mercer is not a man at all. He's all virus. So if the virus duplicated wolverine's healing factor (useless compared to the regenerative abilities it already has) then the healing factor would serve the virus. "
exactly,Mercer isnt a human being that is sick,he is a virus,the healing factor wont attack the virus because theres nothing to be attacked
Avatar image for rightprice
#49 Posted by rightprice (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Fortified_Hooligan said:
" Mercer is not a man at all. He's all virus. So if the virus duplicated wolverine's healing factor (useless compared to the regenerative abilities it already has) then the healing factor would serve the virus. "
exactly,Mercer isnt a human being that is sick,he is a virus,the healing factor wont attack the virus because theres nothing to be attacked "
 
Doesn't Wolverine's healing factor protect him against viral infection?  Mercer incorporates the DNA of those he consumes into his own genome, so if he incorporates Wolverine's X-Gene into his own genome, and the healing factor encoded by that X-Gene attacks viruses, then that healing factor should attack the virions he is made of whenever he activates and expresses it. 
Avatar image for matezoide2
#50 Edited by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Fortified_Hooligan said:
" Mercer is not a man at all. He's all virus. So if the virus duplicated wolverine's healing factor (useless compared to the regenerative abilities it already has) then the healing factor would serve the virus. "
exactly,Mercer isnt a human being that is sick,he is a virus,the healing factor wont attack the virus because theres nothing to be attacked "
 Doesn't Wolverine's healing factor protect him against viral infection?  Mercer incorporates the DNA of those he consumes into his own genome, so if he incorporates Wolverine's X-Gene into his own genome, and the healing factor encoded by that X-Gene attacks viruses, then that healing factor should attack the virions he is made of whenever he activates and expresses it.  "
yes,it protects him from viral infection,however it only does that because the virus affects a body and is a strange organism,it isnt suposed to be there,thats why the healing factor destroys it
Mercer is different because he isnt sick,he isnt infected,he IS the virus,it isnt a strange organism that is attacking something,Mercer is THE virus,thats why it wont attack him
basicaly,the healing factor will see the virus as the ``right thing``,not as the ``invasor``