No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wanna say ryu. Isn't his sword magic? And doesn't he also know magic? Lol. I'd say that he has techniques good enough to kill mercer, while also being fast and strong enough to keep up with him. If Alex does hit him though, be'll definitely be hurting.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_sevour: well, Ryu is faster than Mercer so he could win this but, not that easily

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dygoboy

Ryu blitzes Mercer to peaces. While not killing him, it will be K.o.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu has this, he is too fast and has a weapon that will destroy Mercer on impact.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ryu has superior reflexes and magical abilites, he should win. I doubt he can completely kill mercer but he can definitely neutralize him

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: Only way to really kill Mercer is to make a cure to the Mercer-Virus or extinct Earth on biomass which would be near impossible to do for Ryu.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: Also i think Ryu could kill Mercer with his Powers and his Weapons.

Ardentias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu stomps

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: he has weapons stronger than a nuke at ground zero? I've played Razors edge and the best I remember him doing is killing a couple gods in the god of war fashion aka button tapping and staying on specific body parts because they were very large. Alex Mercer has this with Buu style absorption

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: No but you dont really have to nuke him to knock him out, Ryu could slice his head off or stab him in the heart and that would take him out for a few seconds and that counts as K.O

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: hmmm... i think Ryu would just Slice Mercer's Head and Hand just like what he did to other enemies in Razors Edge

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu stomps. He is so much faster, Mercer cannot touch him

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ryu.

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu takes this easily.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: I'm pretty sure seconds don't count as a KO. KO is usually for a longer period of time, and Cutting through his head won't really work considering his been hit by bigger and much more dangerous things

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: so what do you think was the OP's mindset when he made the battle then? that mercer wins?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu has this, he is too fast and has a weapon that will destroy Mercer on impact.

Ryu has superior reflexes and magical abilites, he should win. I doubt he can completely kill mercer but he can definitely neutralize him

@dygoboy said:

Ryu blitzes Mercer to peaces. While not killing him, it will be K.o.

Ryu stomps

@cpt_nice said:

Ryu stomps. He is so much faster, Mercer cannot touch him

Ryu.

Ryu takes this easily.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hypnos0929

@swiftbullet: it don't matter what the OP says, everyone has just suddenly forgotten that he has been squashed and pummeled but at his peak he was pretty much unstoppable. Ryu can cut him but how is that going to help, he is strong enough to kick an airplane out of the sky and durable enough to survive a nuke. What could Ryu do against him without his sword? Or better yet how will he be able to stop the virus that could simply tear him to shreds or absorb him or if serious enough infect him and the area

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: it don't matter what the OP says, everyone has just suddenly forgotten that he has been squashed and pummeled but at his peak he was pretty much unstoppable. Ryu can cut him but how is that going to help, he is strong enough to kick an airplane out of the sky and durable enough to survive a nuke.

He was not durable enough, he survived it because of his healing not his durabilitiy. He got turned into a blood pool and pile of ash, he healed because there was a crow nearby.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: Exactly a small pool of blood, that shouldn't have survived that nuke, had the power to revive him because of a crow. What's to say he couldn't get blood on Ryu? Alex isn't like anything Ryu has fought, Ryu has to stay far enough not to get absorbed, he'll need to be fast enough to not be caught by Alex, and most of all he'll need something that can kill him for more than a couple seconds.

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: Alex has only shown to consume instantly targets such as soldiers and zombies. He has to weaken stronger opponents, take the hunters for an example, to actually consume them he has to beat it down a bit first.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Alex just gets trashed more and more by CV users. Sad times

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swiftbullet: Because hunters were meant to oppose him, Ryu has trouble with dogs and ninjas in the game mentioned above. (Honestly the dogs take forever to kill and are a lot faster and more offensive than the guys with guns or shields). Alex actually has trouble with big threats like monsters

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: Alex has only shown to consume instantly targets such as soldiers and zombies. He has to weaken stronger opponents, take the hunters for an example, to actually consume them he has to beat it down a bit first.

From a touch from his finger.
From a touch from his finger.

@swiftbullet: Because hunters were meant to oppose him, Ryu has trouble with dogs and ninjas in the game mentioned above. (Honestly the dogs take forever to kill and are a lot faster and more offensive than the guys with guns or shields). Alex actually has trouble with big threats like monsters

Actually Mercer easily one shots every sort of infected you can throw at him.

Everything here that you see is canon
Everything here that you see is canon

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: since when is concept art canon?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tendrill barrage in the face.

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: Or Ryu slice and dice Mercer before he can use his tendrill barrage

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: since when is concept art canon?

When the things shown within the Concept is the current version of the game or the character. In which the one i showed. It is.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu wrecks ninja style.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i added the pictures

MKhaters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Jestersmiles
EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way

Just vote who. Mercer or Ryu?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say ryu. Isn't his sword magic? And doesn't he also know magic? Lol. I'd say that he has techniques good enough to kill mercer, while also being fast and strong enough to keep up with him. If Alex does hit him though, be'll definitely be hurting.

I'd say that his Dragon Sword does have mystical properties, and when the Dragon's Eye jewel is affixed to it, it's more powerful. IIRC, the sword was forged out of a dragon's fang.

As for Ryu's "ninpo," I'm not sure if that's magic or not. I always thought that his ninpo required Ki to use, and if that's the case, it wouldn't be magic of any kind. In essence, ninpo is just a manipulation of nature or elemental forces by way of Ki. It has been awhile since I've played the Ninja Gaiden games, so I can't remember if they were stated to be magic or not.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Ryu can cut Mercer into pieces or use his Nippo to destroy Mercer

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Ryu can cut Mercer into pieces or use his Nippo to destroy Mercer

I wouldn't know. I've never played Prototype...

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eliteman737: This isn't a vote, and I can say it can go either way if I want. It's called too close of a call to decide, and plenty of people have stated this throughout the battle forums.

bluesilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu stomps

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Don_Sevour

@static_shock: With regards to ki vs magic, unless ki has limitations to what it can do it seems like they're the same things in two different languages or terms. Like how it's called chakra in naruto... but you can basically do anything with it with enough knowledge (magic).

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happy this thread didn't go through the typical mercer wanking that's oh so common with his threads

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: With regards to ki vs magic, unless ki has limitations to what it can do it seems like they're the same things in two different languages or terms. Like how it's called chakra in naruto... but you can basically do anything with it with enough knowledge (magic).

Ki usually doesn't have magical properties unless stated otherwise. In most cases, it is unrelated to magic. Chakra in Naruto is closer to being magic, though.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hollow_point: I don't think mercer gets overrated that much. He is a physical monster with tons of durability, stength, speed and healing. It's just that ryu has dealt with worse.

Ellisbeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eliteman737: So you made this thread with already having a winner in mind? Shame on you little guy. Anyway, I say Alex Mercer mostly because he is a virus with extreme intellect. He learns and gets stronger after every fight and ryu is no exception. Plus we are talking about someone who could absorb a ninja ryu usually kills and gain their fighting techniques. Alex would be a 100+ tonner range ninja that can literally scale buildings in one jump. Joking aside though, Alex should take this 7/10 times Since most of ryu's attacks can be blocked or dodged especially since fodder ninjas on Ninja gaiden do it all the time. But let's think of it like this. If Alex Mercer was placed in ninja gaiden with his game mechanics and Ryu had his, Ryu would get stomped. Alex could literally throw cars, tanks, helicopters etc at Ryu. Or he could just pick up a sword and engage Ryu in a traditional swordsman match after absorbing a ninja. No way is Ryu blocking a 100+ tonner in close combat. I mean he could be his arms would surely break causing him to get sliced in half. Also Alex is faster than Ryu in running speed. Durability wise Alex with mechanics can deflect bullets with his normal skin. God forbid he puts on his armour which reduces damage by 75%. Actually this is a mismatch. Think of it this way, if you were to take both characters and switch them putting them in each other's games who would survive the longest in the others? I say Alex clears Ryu's game with ease while Ryu could definitely probably clear most of the Prototype series aside from the Goliath or Elizabeth. Ryu is good but Alex Mercer is better in all aspects but fighting techniques. Which could be fixed after absorbing a ninja in Ryu's world. The winner to me is Alex.

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer Stomps tbh