Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carnage (Spider-man comics)

Alex Mercer (Prototype)

My first battle-topic-type-thingy.

It seemed like the perfect battle between two merciless killers. I understand this might of been done before but give me a chance to get a feel of this website by sending your replies on who should reign supreme (loving it so far).

ReviloIsFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

it's a close match, but I think carnage has the upper-hand. Carnage wins.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Alex in a curbstomp.Even if you throw venom, Alex would still curbstomp both.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex, easily.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex enjoys some fine dinning and learns how to webswing

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to Alex

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Wardemon32

Alex

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex consumes him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@chibi_cute said:

Alex consumes him.

What prevents Carnage(symbiote) to bond with Alex Mercer,I mean taking his body? After all the true Carnage is the symbiote,not Cletus Kassady or any other hosts. And Carnage has shown that he can bond with the blood,rather like Venom does with Eddie Brock or Peter Parker. Alex has never showed the ability to "fuse" with living parasites,especially like one of Carnage's caliber,not that Carnage showed either. But the difference between Carnage and Alex,is that Carnage is a living parasite,while Alex controls "his infection",it doesn't have a consciousness.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Mercer has nearly any advantage. The only little thing Carnage might have is speed but not a big difference, and Mercer can cut the webs up with the claws considering they cut steel with ease.

Better healing factor

Much stronger

More durable

Smarter

More powers

Gothicowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gothicowboy
w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By w0nd

alex. carnage just got beat by sam alexander with a broken nova helmet for goodness sake

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Mercer.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer should take this, and become even more awesome after consuming Carnage :)

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Mercer eats well

ostarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex takes it easily

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@gothicowboy said:

Actually the "Alex Mercer" from the game is the infection. The real Mercer died when he was shot. The infection absorbed him like you can do in the game and only thought it was Mercer.

Edit: Might have read that wrong, if so I apologize.

The thing is that if it is either Alex or "The Blacklight viruse" itself,he or "it" it's just a single mind and body,while Carnage may appear similar to Alex Mercer,he has his own consciousness,plus that of Kassady too. I never saw Alex displaying the feat to consume two beings at once,even if they are fused together(BTW,I have heard also that Cletus' blood paradoxal it is already "Carnage") So I am not sure that Alex will risk to consume Cletus Kassady,and Carnage after Cletus is dead to take over his body.

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the black light virus needs is living cells, it enters into the cells and "repurposes" them. Also Alex mercer is basically the virus personified, his entire body is "repurposed" I don't know if carnage would be able to bond to it, especially since as soon as the virus comes into contact with carnages cells, it would begin doing what is was made to do. Mercer should be able to consume him, the virus doesn't care if carnage is alien, it has cells, so it should have little trouble repurposing him.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@harbingerofmomz said:

All the black light virus needs is living cells, it enters into the cells and "repurposes" them. Also Alex mercer is basically the virus personified, his entire body is "repurposed" I don't know if carnage would be able to bond to it, especially since as soon as the virus comes into contact with carnages cells, it would begin doing what is was made to do. Mercer should be able to consume him, the virus doesn't care if carnage is alien, it has cells, so it should have little trouble repurposing him.

Carnage(symbiote) does the same thing,even faster or at the same speed with the Blacklight viruse,given the fact that it is a vampiric symbiote and its nature is very different from Venom,and he bonds not only with the respective person but with the "blood" as well(don't tell me now that Alex Mercer or the BL viruse doesn't have blood). I think here it comes only at who has the chance to consume the other one faster. And I give that to Carnage.

Also you forget that "Alex" needs biomass to regenerate himself,while Carnage regenerates at his own will and as fast as Alex(speaking now by Cletus with the symbiote)

As I said,the Blacklight viruse hasn't shown the feat to consume two beings at once,which paradoxal are still one?! :/

(But wait,if Alex Mercer is the viruse itself,then what makes James Heller,still the viruse itself,or what?

If Alex is truly the BL viruse,then James should be the same and have one mind with the BL viruse,act like one as well... And we don't see that in Prototype 2...

The suggestion that the BL viruse it is Alex comes only from his sister Dana Mercer,so from where do we know that she was right?)

I think that was just a "matter of literature thing",like she tried to say that her "good" brother had died in her heart,and a monster has come to the surface.

Carnage is able to rapidly regenerate damaged body tissues much faster and more extensively than an ordinary human. It is known, however, that he was not able to fully regenerate severed limbs or missing internal organs; he was fitted with artificial legs after being torn apart by the Sentry, but this occurred while he was separated from the symbiote.[23] Kasady is also immune to the effects of all Earthly diseases and infections as long as he remains bonded with the symbiote. Like Venom, the symbiote is vulnerable to sound (to a much smaller degree than Venom) and heat (to a much larger degree than Venom),[42] and is undetectable to Spider-Man's spider-sense. Unlike Venom, Carnage can launch parts of his symbiote at enemies in the form of solid weapons such as darts, spears, knives, axes, etc., although they disintegrate into dust within ten seconds of leaving Carnage's body.[12] Carnage also has the strange ability to warp his appendages into different arms, legs, and even wings. This is shown on several occasions when Carnage mutates his fingers and arms into what look like large swords.

Kasady has full control over the size, shape, color (usually red and black), texture, and hardness of his symbiote (and any part thereof). Like Venom, he can make his symbiote look like normal clothing (which he has done on rare occasion), or act as "camouflage". With the symbiote bonded to his bloodstream, he can "regenerate" his costume from scratch simply by bleeding. His symbiote has the peculiar ability to block its parent's (Venom's) ability to sense and track it.[42] The symbiote is also able to rapidly adapt to new environments; when Kasady was taken into space by the Sentry,[43] the Carnage symbiote was able to save his life by growing small sacks around his mouth that converted carbon dioxide into oxygen, allowing Kasady to stay alive long enough for him to be recovered.[23]

The Carnage symbiote is vampiric, feeding on and thus endangering his victims by only a mere touch.[43] The symbiote has also shown the ability to call back parts of itself back to the main symbiote, adding it to the parts that already make up the symbiote. It can also send commands that cannot be resisted to parts of itself that are in technology, used to break the bones of the Iron Rangers when they challenged Carnage while wearing symbiote-enhanced technological exo-suits. Using these last two abilities, Carnage absorbed the five Iron Rangers, and consequently grew to an enormous size and assumed the color blue.[23]

Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freedon_nadd_1: What I thought they meant was that Alex's entire body had been repurposed by the virus. All his cells had been repurposed which includes red and white blood cells.(Not that he is the virus given a consciousness, James Heller had the same thing happen to him, directly from Alex) That is why I think carnage would have a hard time dealing with the black light virus, it would be repurposing carnage's cells while carnage tries to consume him. Alex also has plenty of biomass to take, in the form of Carnage, lol.

It's been a long time since I played the first prototype but I am almost positive you could consume two people at once. I'll have to watch some gameplay of it on YouTube and see, but Im almost sure you could.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex wins.Brutality.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freedon_nadd_1: What I thought they meant was that Alex's entire body had been repurposed by the virus. All his cells had been repurposed which includes red and white blood cells.(Not that he is the virus given a consciousness, James Heller had the same thing happen to him, directly from Alex) That is why I think carnage would have a hard time dealing with the black light virus, it would be repurposing carnage's cells while carnage tries to consume him. Alex also has plenty of biomass to take, in the form of Carnage, lol.

It's been a long time since I played the first prototype but I am almost positive you could consume two people at once. I'll have to watch some gameplay of it on YouTube and see, but Im almost sure you could.

No,you re lying here... You told me,I quote:

Also Alex mercer is basically the virus personified

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very surprised that people think Mercer wrecks.

Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freedon_nadd_1: I also went on to say, and I quote "his entire body is repurposed" which is exactly what I continued on to say later on. Blindly saying "you're lying" doesn't help your argument... Whether or not you understood what I was saying doesn't matter to me. Carnage has cells, cells that are bonded to Kletus' cells. So if the virus repurposed carnages cells, it would also be affecting Kletus directly as well, which could be too much for carnage to deal with at one time, while also trying to consume Alex, (he would be force feeding himself the virus) the more of Alex he tries to consume, the harder it will be, the virus acts almost immediately, tracking down cells and changing them. Alex should win, in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage is faster, stronger, more durable. He should win here.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harbingerofmomz:

Dude,do you realize that the BL thing was made by the man,incorporated or able to consume stuffs from Earth!? Like it or not,all the Earth's material(including us) have a small part of cell in common,which BL consumes and reforms. But the symbiote,it's anything but earthly[it doesn't have a thing in common with our planet] while I am aware it might consume Kasady,it cannot consume an alien material. The symbiote in touch with the host also as BL it reshapes his/her condition and takes over the host's mind "if" it is necessary.

Alex Mercer needs biomass to regenerate,Carnage does it alone,Alex can reap apart Carnage's limbs(as weapons too) but he reshapes them back,Carnage reaps apart Alex's weapon limbs(but he loses them,as we see in the Destroy your Maker?)

Carnage can become fluid(in Cletus host),Alex does not.

Alex has the weapon limbs from the enemies he "consumes" and can lose them if he's cut off his limbs,Carnage's limbs can be cut off but he takes them out again.

Alex needed a crow to regenerate from the nuke's damage,and he wasn't torn apart really that much,Carnage can reform when his parts are all over the place(really,really fast!!!)

So I can't see how Mercer can compete with Carnage's feats.......

BTW,in Amazing Spiderman with Venom back and Dormamu stuffs shit like,Carnage was also able to suck out the life force out of people for that vortex or portal where Dormamu was sealed,a feat Mercer doesn't have.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex in a curbstomp.Even if you throw venom, Alex would still curbstomp both.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage is faster, stronger, more durable. He should win here.

Maybe in the... NO

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

Alex needs to weaken or kill the opponent to consume it,Carnage does it effortlessly without doing that.

The problem is that you don't understand that CS(Carnage Symbiote) and BL are not working the same in their nature. CS bonds with the host effortlessly,but needs it to be alive,but BL has to weaken or kill its host in order to consume it;CS has its own powers plus that of those who (just need to) touch and it doesn't lose the newfound powers;BL requires its host dead to consume and take their powers,yet it can still lose them

CS has its own consciousness,BL does not

So we can say that CS is far superior to BL in most of cases.

LightShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP!

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer with ease

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Alex

AmatsuPhobia13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'm going to sound like a asswhole but carnage has Alex beat in speed, strength and skill. Carnage is far stronger and faster than both venom and Spiderman together abd they have some amazing speed feats but Spiderman was able to punch the hulk into space and he is always holding back to not kill someone. I love Alex but this one goes to carnage carnage faces many foes that could whip out all of the infected in prototype with a single attack and the symbiote was able to control the silver surfer who could fight in a black hole like it's nothing

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex wins.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage reformed from planet level explosion .how is alex winning?

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too close to call. While Alex can consume Carnage, Carnage can do the same to Alex and make him the new host of the symbiote, while Alex could just absorb Carnage and take his powers... I will let the others decide

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Carnage eventually wins.

Rpg7x123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex did can infect massive amounts of area or living things after he consumed Elizabeth Greene a.k.a the Redlight Virus although he gained this ability when he was unplayable, in short in Prototype 2.

They were pretty equal tho, some would say Carnage, some would say Alex but they're pretty equal in terms of power, consuming, speed etc

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cletus.

Sweetyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Mercer isn't that strong lol. Carnage wins.

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what can mercer do that carnage can't?

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say this once and leave it alone. Symbiotes are inorganic beings that consumes biological biomass, Alex mercer won't be able to consume him nor his cells, the black light virus won't be able to consume Carnage, but Carnage would be able to consume him/the virus and make it his host. Symbiotes are created from living abyss, so their physiology isn't human at all.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Carnage