Gorgon 

Rules: 
Winner by death.  
Random encounter. 
Morals off.  
Normal equipment.  
Start out twenty feet apart. 
Team know about of Gorgon's stare.  

Fight takes place in Raccoon City : There are zombies about. 

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Gorgon.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

Gorgon.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

are Mr x and Wesker twins??

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Phylos

Gorgon turns them both into stone, along with every zombie.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Black

@cattlebattle said:

Lol. It appears so.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Gorgon...

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By progenitorigin

I would actually give it to the team. Unlike Elektra, or Wolverine, Mister X has his own psychic abilities, which would match that of Gorgon, although, I would give physical superiority to The Gorgon--which is where Albert Wesker comes in, having an impressive durability and healing factor himself, along with incredible speed and reaction time. If the team fight to their full potential, they could at most take a slim majority.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@progenitor said:

I would actually give it to the team. Unlike Elektra, or Wolverine, Mister X has his own psychic abilities, which would match that of Gorgon, although, I would give physical superiority to The Gorgon--which is where Albert Wesker comes in, having an impressive durability and healing factor himself, along with incredible speed and reaction time. If the team fight to their full potential, they could at most take a slim majority.

Wesker's durability and healing factor are irrelevant since this is a fight with normal equipment, which for Gorgon is Grasscutter. Gorgon is a lot faster than either one of these two and they have no way of actually putting him down.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@cattlebattle said:
Shockingly, no, they are not, despite their eerily similar appearances and personalities.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By progenitorigin

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

Wesker's durability and healing factor are irrelevant since this is a fight with normal equipment, which for Gorgon is Grasscutter. Gorgon is a lot faster than either one of these two and they have no way of actually putting him down.

Actually, normal equipment for Gorgon would be a katana, but depending on the time, it could be Godkiller, or even just a normal katana, it's not stated in the OP, nor should it be assumed. Gorgon has impressive speed, I wouldn't deny it, but Mister X has also embarrassed and defeated Wolverine, and X isn't even up to par with him physically, yet I see no reason why Mister X's psychic skills, along with his martial arts ability, which has been stated to even include Kree skills, wouldn't be able to at least catch Gorgon off guard, and as for Wesker, he's been shown to put a hand through a human torso as easily as one would put a sword, so, while double-teaming, I see no reason why the 2 couldn't use the damage output to take out Gorgon, when Phobos, who relied on his skills with Grasscutter (since neither's stare worked on each other), gave Gorgon a hell of a fight all on his own.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@progenitor said:

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

Actually, normal equipment for Gorgon would be a katana, but depending on the time, it could be Godkiller, or even just a normal katana, it's not stated in the OP, nor should it be assumed. Gorgon has impressive speed, I wouldn't deny it, but Mister X has also embarrassed and defeated Wolverine, and X isn't even up to par with him physically, yet I see no reason why Mister X's psychic skills, along with his martial arts ability, which has been stated to even include Kree skills, wouldn't be able to at least catch Gorgon off guard, and as for Wesker, he's been shown to put a hand through a human torso as easily as one would put a sword, so, while double-teaming, I see no reason why the 2 couldn't use the damage output to take out Gorgon, when Phobos, who relied on his skills with Grasscutter (since neither's stare worked on each other), gave Gorgon a hell of a fight all on his own.

When has normal equipment for Gorgon ever been a katana? It's always been either Godkiller or Grasscutter. There are no assumptions, those are the only weapons he's ever used. Gorgon has fought Logan three times, killing him once and wrecking him twice. Gorgon has endured Spider-Man kicking him in the face without any problems and an RPG exploding right in front of him. Logan and Elektra impaled and stabbed him dozens of times, he just shrugged it off and curbstomped both of them at the same time. Putting a hand through a human torso does not require anything more than a minor level of superhuman strength. I don't see what the point of your Phobos argument is, the kid was good enough to kill Ares when he was brainwashed by Mikaboshi, not to mention critically injuring Mikaboshi himself.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By progenitorigin

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

When has normal equipment for Gorgon ever been a katana? It's always been either Godkiller or Grasscutter. There are no assumptions, those are the only weapons he's ever used. Gorgon has fought Logan three times, killing him once and wrecking him twice. Gorgon has endured Spider-Man kicking him in the face without any problems and an RPG exploding right in front of him. Logan and Elektra impaled and stabbed him dozens of times, he just shrugged it off and curbstomped both of them at the same time. Putting a hand through a human torso does not require anything more than a minor level of superhuman strength. I don't see what the point of your Phobos argument is, the kid was good enough to kill Ares when he was brainwashed by Mikaboshi, not to mention critically injuring Mikaboshi himself.

I could show plenty of Gorgon scans when he's using a katana that isn't Grasscutter, or Godkiller. Such as when he killed himself to join The Hand, or killed other ninja of The Hand blindfolded during training. IIRC, he had to steal Godkiller. Funny about the tanking an RPG to the face, because Albert Wesker's done the exact same, and shrugged it off moments later. Again, I would put Mister X above Elektra, and Mister X has already proven that he can defeat Wolverine, even after training himself to fight beasts just to match Wolverine's berserker mentality, whereas Wolverine has defeated Gorgon, even by reflecting his own gaze back at him. This match is supposedly won by death, I don't see Gorgon being able to kill Wesker with X in the fray, especially not with a healing factor of his own. In theory, all it would take is to aggravate Gorgon, before Wesker utilizes something he's prepped with to reflect it back at him, a la Wolverine.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@progenitor said:

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

@CitizenBane said:

@progenitor said:

I could show plenty of Gorgon scans when he's using a katana that isn't Grasscutter, or Godkiller. Such as when he killed himself to join The Hand, or killed other ninja of The Hand blindfolded during training. IIRC, he had to steal Godkiller. Funny about the tanking an RPG to the face, because Albert Wesker's done the exact same, and shrugged it off moments later. Again, I would put Mister X above Elektra, and Mister X has already proven that he can defeat Wolverine, even after training himself to fight beasts just to match Wolverine's berserker mentality, whereas Wolverine has defeated Gorgon, even by reflecting his own gaze back at him. This match is supposedly won by death, I don't see Gorgon being able to kill Wesker with X in the fray, especially not with a healing factor of his own. In theory, all it would take is to aggravate Gorgon, before Wesker utilizes something he's prepped with to reflect it back at him, a la Wolverine.

No, you cannot. You just....simply....can't. That example you provided has been retconned, in a flashback in Secret Warriors it was revealed that Kraken met Gorgon when he was a teenager and gifted Godkiller to him. Which means he's ALWAYS had Godkiller, which also explains how he died and didn't heal when he impaled himself to join the hand. Wesker didn't tank an RPG to the face and then go on to curbstomp two people of Wolverine and Elektra's stats. Gorgon did. Mister X has never displayed that he can keep up with someone who moves as fast as Gorgon (and don't say he could keep up with Wolverine, Gorgon's speed dwarfs Logan's). Again, the healing factor is utterly pointless considering that no matter which sword is used, it can kill Wesker in seconds (Gorgon killed Wolverine with two strokes of Godkiller, and Phobos killed Ares with one strike of Grasscutter). Logan's defeat of Gorgon was luck, it's not like he outfought him or even managed to give him pause.

It's like a boxing match where one fighter effortlessly beats the crap out of the other man, only to lose because he tripped and broke his neck on a nearby stool. Sure, technically it's a win, but who do you think had the clear advantage?

And are you honestly suggesting that Gorgon, an acknowledged genius smart enough to understand all of Reed Richards' schematics and even be a bit dismissive of Reed's intellect, would fall for the same trick twice?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silver2467
@CitizenBane said: 

It's like a boxing match where one fighter effortlessly beats the crap out of the other man, only to lose because he tripped and broke his neck on a nearby stool.

Million Dollar Baby?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@Silver2467 said:

@CitizenBane said:

It's like a boxing match where one fighter effortlessly beats the crap out of the other man, only to lose because he tripped and broke his neck on a nearby stool.

Million Dollar Baby?

Ha, yeah.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By progenitorigin

@CitizenBane: IIRC, The Thinker (or Mad Thinker, w/e) was dismissive of Reed's intellect during the Civil War era, so it's not like Gorgon doing so was a one time thing, so, yeah, I suppose I would be suggesting that Gorgon could fall for the same trick twice, especially considering that Albert Wesker himself has genius level intellect, and intel on The Gorgon's stare prior to the fight to begin with, and was that really retconned? Ugh, go figure. Well, with Grasscutter, I suppose he could take out Wesker, especially considering he was able to fell Wolverine with it's sister sword, Godkiller. I still haven't heard a convincing argument as to how he could just as easily fell Mister X, who's stated himself that he's fought and killed other super-humans, besides Wolverine.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@progenitor said:

@CitizenBane: IIRC, The Thinker (or Mad Thinker, w/e) was dismissive of Reed's intellect during the Civil War era, so it's not like Gorgon doing so was a one time thing, so, yeah, I suppose I would be suggesting that Gorgon could fall for the same trick twice, especially considering that Albert Wesker himself has genius level intellect, and intel on The Gorgon's stare prior to the fight to begin with, and was that really retconned? Ugh, go figure. Well, with Grasscutter, I suppose he could take out Wesker, especially considering he was able to fell Wolverine with it's sister sword, Godkiller. I still haven't heard a convincing argument as to how he could just as easily fell Mister X, who's stated himself that he's fought and killed other super-humans, besides Wolverine.

.....really? That's what you're going with? The Mad Thinker is a man who was smart enough to solo the Fantastic Four using purely his intellect while sitting in a chair far removed from his enemies. He's also smart enough to be dismissive of Reed's intellect considering that he's also analyzed and understood Reed's notes in order to create an android that could defeat the team. The Thinker is a poor example, he's a genius as well. The difference here is that Gorgon was actually killed once by that trick, so I doubt he wouldn't be wary of it. I would, and Gorgon's smarter than me.

It was retconned in Secret Warriors #11.

No Caption Provided

Mister X is not fast enough to last against Gorgon. I still haven't heard a convincing argument as to how he could keep up with a man who killed Logan before he could sense him, blitzed through several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and sliced off a speedster's arms.

exlmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By exlmagician

See where I do appreciate a 2 on 1. I have to say that the fact that you put Wesker and his dopleganger in this fight against the over prized Gorgon is still somewhat disappointing. I mean, not that I don't appreciate when an argument leads to something like Wesker losing a battle, since lets face it, its not really as easy as it looks. But anyway! Him with his regular equipment against Gorgon is like him with no weapons, Wesker is a weapon on his own though so its not a big deal. But when he's faced with otherworldly things, he needs time to consider. He's a genius, but he does like to think things through. If he knows about Gorgon but he's only supplied with that knowledge and no prep, then he can only put up a defense against that. X, would of course act like a human wrecking ball but him and Wesker double teaming could be interesting. I think the reason most people haven't mentioned this though is the fact that well, its almost non-existent enough to forget, but they are surrounded by zombies. So this is not only 2 on 1. Its basically 2 v 1 v the unlimited zombies that lumber around tripping people up all the time. Not a big deal for sword wielding and magnum shooting, however when you are locked in epic battle....

I think the zombies win by default. Whoever dies is gonna get nommed! They're all zombie fodder!

@CitizenBane: @progenitor: Debate that! hehe.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Spydey

Um...Wesker's fast. Err, quick rather. Very quick. Blurry quick. Not Speedster quick that doesn't know how to fight, quick. But, blurry quick who's a damn well trained fighter quick. 

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@CitizenBane said:

When has normal equipment for Gorgon ever been a katana? It's always been either Godkiller or Grasscutter. There are no assumptions, those are the only weapons he's ever used.

Well thats not 100% true in his fight with the new Avengers he doesn't have any sort of Katana but claws like Wolverine:

No Caption Provided

But I agree Gorgon wins this!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Saren

@Strider92 said:

@CitizenBane said:

When has normal equipment for Gorgon ever been a katana? It's always been either Godkiller or Grasscutter. There are no assumptions, those are the only weapons he's ever used.

Well thats not 100% true in his fight with the new Avengers he doesn't have any sort of Katana but claws like Wolverine:

No Caption Provided

But I agree Gorgon wins this!

The composition of those claws are unknown, and I wasn't referring to weapons used for two issues. Dark Wolverine isn't standard Gorgon.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Stronger

Maybe the team

SomeDud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers