VS 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By progenitorigin

Gotta go with Uroboros Wesker, he's able to protect himself with a forcefield of tentacles, could always try and infect Alex.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I gotta go with Mercer here. 

Wesker would have been better off in his stable state where he jets around dodging bullets. 

As the final form, he was extremely slow and his durability is highly questionable, in my mind, as it only took a bazooka shot to kill him ultimately. He was in lava too i guess... 

But Mercer tanks bazooka shots, comanche mini guns, tank rounds, and misiles routinely. 

In Wesker's final from, he is much slower than mercer, much less durable, and much less manueverable. Strength feats are a bit inconclusive, but i would give that to mercer as well, because not only does he pick up burned out tanks and throw them, he can sprint up the side of a skyscraper with the thing held over his head. 

As for infection... Not sure. 

Mercer fundamentally IS the virus, which makes his infecting vector cellular, but mercer never actually infects anything personally in-game. Perhaps mercer's very presence is the source of the contagion, as in catching blacklight from mercer is following the same basic route as catching the cold from somebody who's sick. 

The ororoborus worms are multicellular parasites, right? 

Wesker in his stable form, as seen in most of RE 5, would have put up a better fight. he showed pretty consistant blitz speed, though he doesn't use it continuously. Little speed bursts that get him about 5-9 feet. That will be very helpful in his fight with mercer. He has to avoid some extremely hard-hitting, and flesh ripping strikes, and with those speed bursts he probably could do that pretty well.  

Mercer's attacks are not very pin-point though. Dodging a bullet means getting out of a particular path, most of mercer's attacks are sweeping arcs of destruction through blade-hand swipes, clubs, and whipping. Very large strike zones. 

That said, the dodging gives wekser the ability to last, but not remain un-touched. 

Wesker showed some interesting strength feats by picking up missiles and whatnot, but at the same time he was fended off pretty well by two normal humans. Being floored by chris's punches, and not killing either chris or sheva with a single punch. Mercer was demonstrated to be able to kill whole crowds of people with a single blow using the whip arm. one of his least powerful attacks. 

I just don't think wesker is in mercer's league. Wesker would maybe be a good match for a spiderman-level cheracter.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer.
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By super_psycho

aLeX

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By progenitorigin

Basically, Uroboros Wesker is physically invulnerable--save for the tumorous heart that briefly shows within his torso.  In this form, he is able to manipulate the uroboros leech protrusions almost telekinetically, creating deadly whirlwinds, spikes, as well as using the tentacles made of the same thick, leech-like, organic material to whirl around himself in forming an unconventional forcefield.  Wesker's durability is far greater than given, he was never floored by any of Chris' punches, in fact, the one time he was punched by Chris, all it did was cause his chin to tilt a tad.  Wesker's tanked RPG missiles point-blank in the face with little to no damage to show, this being when he was in his normal form.  He's also had incredibly large girders fall upon him (RE:CV), and basically shrug them off while standing back up.  Uroboros only has one real weakness, and that's fire.  If Alex is able to create constructs within his body, it wouldn't cause much of any harm to Wesker unless it hit the tumurous heart, as Wesker's already taken on and fought large brutes such as The Ivan tyrants. 

Basically, the only way this fight can conclude is if one consumes the other, because both are representations of their own respective viral strain, which consume organic material.  Not exactly sure who I would pick, although I would probably give Mercer the majority.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was referencing the fight with Wesker while in the big stone room of RE5. 

You have to knock his health down a certain degree, then he says he doesn't have time to waste and takes off. 

In that fight, as either Sheva or Chris, you can time Wesker's charge and floor him with a punch. 

Yes, it's a game mechanic, but no human is flooring Mercer with a punch to the face in anything i have seen, game mechanic or not. 

IT may boil down to a problem with consistancy in the RE universe. They change a lot of things around for game mechanics that make no sense. There is no way that the melee attack of any human cheracter would be more lethal than any fire-arm in real life, but it is way more satisfying to punch the head of a zombie inside out than it is to shoot it, so they make the melee way stronger than it could be. 

For the same reasons, they have us beating up on Wesker in that fight, yet he can tank bazooka shots in other fights, and in the last fight he is killed with a bazooka. 
 It's the problem of the producers giving us inconsistant showings, but it makes me think that the truth must lie between the two extremes, not solidly on any great feat, or any mediocre feat.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Bump
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enemybird

Alex Curbstomp...

Durability

Alex > Wesker

Wesker died while in uroboruso form..from two rpg shots... thats breakfast for mercer. (The lava isn't what killed him because he was in the lava not dying while trying to pull the plane)

Strength

Alex > Wesker

Wesker failed to pull down the plane that Chris and sheva were in.. whilst Alex can one shot transport helicopter with his whipfist ability

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TifaLockhart

I have to go with Mercer here based on what I've gathered from this thread. Midnight Wesker had mad reflexes. Final form? Not so much.

By the way, Wesker has the potential to shove his arm clean through Chris' torso. My theory (and it's just a theory) is that he was toying with Chris and Sheva. I cite Lost in Nightmares too, when Wesker seemed to be enjoying beating around Chris and his gloating gave Jill the opportunity to catch him off guard. I also cite Code Veronica X where he beats up on Claire then leaves.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

Mercer curbstomp. He was tanking multiple tank blasts and nukes. Wesker got owned by an RPG.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CosmosTyrant

Mercer get's hit by rockets and tank's missiles and only get's thrown back a few feet's.

And fits the break tank's in half.

And alot more.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TifaLockhart

In fairness, Wesker being defeated by two rocket launchers wasn't him at his best. I realize gameplay isn't to be taken literally, but it seemed to me that they wanted the player to weaken him enough to inject him by shooting him with a rocket. And yes, I realize you can egg him to defeat and/or melee him, and that Mr. X is rocketproof in gameplay but not in cutscenes. Again, I am not saying he wins, I just think it's a bit unfair to use a low showing as the average.

That, or videogames make about as much sense continuity-wise as comicbooks.

_Heart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Heart_

Alex Mercer

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Enemybird

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

In fairness, Wesker being defeated by two rocket launchers wasn't him at his best. I realize gameplay isn't to be taken literally, but it seemed to me that they wanted the player to weaken him enough to inject him by shooting him with a rocket. And yes, I realize you can egg him to defeat and/or melee him, and that Mr. X is rocketproof in gameplay but not in cutscenes. Again, I am not saying he wins, I just think it's a bit unfair to use a low showing as the average.

That, or videogames make about as much sense continuity-wise as comicbooks.

Wesker just simply doesn't have the feats to prove he can beat Mercer in any incarnation. Punching Alex through his chest will do nothing breaking his neck will do nothing shooting him will do nothing...his speedster burst are irrelevant because Mercer is faster than him. Alex could one shot Albert I promise you that...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Enemybird: You misunderstand. I said Alex wins in a previous post. My issue is people claiming Wesker's average is getting taken down by one rocket. If I believed in the use of PIS, I would've invoked it now.

Lady_Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lady_Liberty  Moderator

Alex Mercer wins. He's better in every way. Faster, stronger, tougher.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enemybird

@Enemybird: You misunderstand. I said Alex wins in a previous post. My issue is people claiming Wesker's average is getting taken down by one rocket. If I believed in the use of PIS, I would've invoked it now.

I noticed that... But as the saying goes "When a person shows you who they are...Believe them"

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Enemybird: When have my actions shown that I believe Wesker wins against Mercer?

If you knew me, you'd know that I am more concerned with how someone arrives at a conclusion more than I care about what the conclusion is. You'd also know I am not a fan of using high or low showings as the norm.

I don't even know who Mercer is, so I could give a flying frag who wins.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nickthedevil

Alex

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enemybird

@Enemybird: When have my actions shown that I believe Wesker wins against Mercer?

If you knew me, you'd know that I am more concerned with how someone arrives at a conclusion more than I care about what the conclusion is. You'd also know I am not a fan of using high or low showings as the norm.

I was talking about wesker :P

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By progenitorigin

lulz, I love this guy.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Final Arrow

@progenitor said:

Gotta go with Uroboros Wesker, he's able to protect himself with a forcefield of tentacles, could always try and infect Alex.

Please I as Chris Redfield Owned him with my unlimited Rockets. :p

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By progenitorigin

@Final Arrow: You as Chris Redfield got spanked by Wesker in Code: Veronica X. Wesker let you win. ;x

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

Mercer wins. He's faster, stronger and he could just as easily absorb Wesker.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By steelhound56

Mercer stomps

He's at least a class 80 shapeshifting virus who tanks RPG's, machine guns, blows from Hunters (who are physically stronger than he is)

He has incredible regenerating ability to the point where he regenerated from a tactical Nuclear warhead detonating with him at ground zero.

Wesker is faster by showings in bursts, but he has absolutely nothing shown that he can hurt Alex

Wesker trys to get in close, and Mercer decapitates him with a single punch

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Mercer.
OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OpCharybdis

I'm gonna go with the guy who can throw tanks.

Delek_Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker was in Lava. Continuously. Non Stop. Without Breaks. While being fired at by people trying to get to a helicopter. Then WHILE STILL IN LAVA, he got hit by two RPGs, which come from a universe whose tech is so advanced it created all of these deadly monsters, so the missles may have been designed to combat B.O.W.s specifically, but the fact is, saying he couldn't survive two RPGs is wrong. If Wesker hadn't been fired at at all, been in the lava at all, and wasn't trying to pull down a helicopter, he most certainly wouldn't die from two RPGs.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delek_reap said:

Wesker was in Lava. Continuously. Non Stop. Without Breaks. While being fired at by people trying to get to a helicopter. Then WHILE STILL IN LAVA, he got hit by two RPGs, which come from a universe whose tech is so advanced it created all of these deadly monsters, so the missles may have been designed to combat B.O.W.s specifically, but the fact is, saying he couldn't survive two RPGs is wrong. If Wesker hadn't been fired at at all, been in the lava at all, and wasn't trying to pull down a helicopter, he most certainly wouldn't die from two RPGs.

That point with the RPGs is one worth noting I'd say. In RE4 Saddler can eat normal rockets no problem but is one shotted by Ada's plot rocket showing there must be something special about that particular rocket.

OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OpCharybdis

The fact that Wesker was alive after being in lava for so long meant that he probably wouldn't die from it unless he has Percy Jackson heat resistance (that time when he was submerged in magma and described it as 'warm' for a minute or two.

Yes, the injections weakened him, but Mercer with the parasite wouldn't die from two rockets, so...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wesker was killed by two people with no enchanced abilities. Mercer should have no problem.

XKStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If were talking about Mercer from Prototype 2.

Then its a mass curb stomp.There's even an Easter egg in the gane that shows that Alex is still alive after heller "ate" him.