Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
Infinity mass punch and insane amounts of speed helps (which Alan can debatably copy).  BUT Alan can fly and has strength that doesn't need to be backed by speed, Flash can only do these indirectly. "
I highly doubt Alan can copy infinite mass punches and speeds that Wally travels. Wally gets both of those from the Speed Force, so it is really unlikely that Alan would be able to copy it. I'm still going to say that Wally can blitz him.
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Zoom said:
" Well if a wiki said it, it must be true...  Green Lantern is now a lightspeeder. "
Even if this is true, it would only be relevant to an actual "Green Lantern" not Alan Scott.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Zoom said:
" Well if a wiki said it, it must be true...  Green Lantern is now a lightspeeder. "
Even if this is true, it would only be relevant to an actual "Green Lantern" not Alan Scott. "
He was being sarcastic.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Morpheus_ said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Zoom said:
Even if this is true, it would only be relevant to an actual "Green Lantern" not Alan Scott. "
He was being sarcastic. "
Touche. I didn't read the top line...I feel like an idiot now.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Zoom said:
He was being sarcastic. "
Touche. I didn't read the top line...I feel like an idiot now. "
Don't worry, it could happen to anyone.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56  Edited By Zoom
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Zoom said:
Proof? "

Sarcasm. 

Of course Wally wins.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Zoom: LOL
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By beatboks1
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I dont recall Alan Scott being able to mimic the powers of The Flash... I am sure Alan has Super Speed via the Ring... but I dont see why Wally cant get the Ring away from Alan before he could react to use it "
Can't find scans, i'll look harder, but it wasn't from scans, his profile says he can use his ring to mimic powers (he did this to mimic Hippolyta's strength).  And Alan is made of the Starheart, he is just a living flame, Wally can't take his ring and make his powers go away. "
this must be something thats been shown recently... I recall Alan Scott using a Power Ring just like all the rest of the GLs do...  "
This is nothing new. It dates back two or three decades and is the reason his children ( i.e. Jade and Obsidian) have powers without a device.Alan was merged with the starheart energy (achieved because he had internalized the starhearts power so often to get around his weakness to wood.  i.e. rather than let wood hurt him he'd use the ring to make himself stronger, denser etc which I believe is the mimicing power some sites refer to). Basically Alan is living starheart energy. He is what he wills himself to be, if he feels emotionally young than he is young and vital, if he feels tired he is old and frail. he actually has no physical form except the one he wills himself to have. During the time he operated as Sentinel he didn't use a ring (the old actual one he had had been destroyed). At the end of the Sentinel run he chose to be Green Lantern again and recreated the ring (with a thought) he still appears to use it because that is what he "feels" he is. Alan is as powerful as he wants to be at the time.The ring while it appears to be the source of his power is actually only a figment of Alan's imagination. If Wally did hit him he could feel spent and become less a threat, he could also will himself not to have a physical form for wally to attack, and become pure magic energy (for which wally would have no answer for)
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zoom

You say this but plenty of bad guys have hit Alan and hurt him since his Sentinel upgrade. 

And I'm not sure how using the ring's energy to become denser will help against wood since wood ignores his flame.  Wally tosses a tree branch at Alan and the match is over. 

Wally vibrates through Alan and the match is over.  Wally steals Alan's speed and the match is over.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By King_Saturn
@beatboks1 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I dont recall Alan Scott being able to mimic the powers of The Flash... I am sure Alan has Super Speed via the Ring... but I dont see why Wally cant get the Ring away from Alan before he could react to use it "
Can't find scans, i'll look harder, but it wasn't from scans, his profile says he can use his ring to mimic powers (he did this to mimic Hippolyta's strength).  And Alan is made of the Starheart, he is just a living flame, Wally can't take his ring and make his powers go away. "
this must be something thats been shown recently... I recall Alan Scott using a Power Ring just like all the rest of the GLs do...  "
This is nothing new. It dates back two or three decades and is the reason his children ( i.e. Jade and Obsidian) have powers without a device.Alan was merged with the starheart energy (achieved because he had internalized the starhearts power so often to get around his weakness to wood.  i.e. rather than let wood hurt him he'd use the ring to make himself stronger, denser etc which I believe is the mimicing power some sites refer to). Basically Alan is living starheart energy. He is what he wills himself to be, if he feels emotionally young than he is young and vital, if he feels tired he is old and frail. he actually has no physical form except the one he wills himself to have. During the time he operated as Sentinel he didn't use a ring (the old actual one he had had been destroyed). At the end of the Sentinel run he chose to be Green Lantern again and recreated the ring (with a thought) he still appears to use it because that is what he "feels" he is. Alan is as powerful as he wants to be at the time.The ring while it appears to be the source of his power is actually only a figment of Alan's imagination. If Wally did hit him he could feel spent and become less a threat, he could also will himself not to have a physical form for wally to attack, and become pure magic energy (for which wally would have no answer for) "
oh really... so if what you say is true... then why is it that Alan Scott was essentially powerless when Solomon Grundy destroyed his Lantern... yeah thats right... go back and looks at the scans I posted of the event... dont just take one of my posts and run with it... Read Everything There Is In Here... I showed both that Alan Scott can be hit by a Flash... and Alan Scott can be rendered powerless without the use of his Power Ring
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By FinalStar86

I want to say Scott but Flashes have a good track record against Lanterns
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By beatboks1
@King Saturn said:
 "oh really... so if what you say is true... then why is it that Alan Scott was essentially powerless when Solomon Grundy destroyed his Lantern... yeah thats right... go back and looks at the scans I posted of the event... dont just take one of my posts and run with it... Read Everything There Is In Here... I showed both that Alan Scott can be hit by a Flash... and Alan Scott can be rendered powerless without the use of his Power Ring "
First the scan of Grundy breaking the battery is older than the change. second I stated wally could win this it depends on how Alan feels/ believes etc from his reaction. Literally if Alan feels powerless he is.
@Zoom said:
" You say this but plenty of bad guys have hit Alan and hurt him since his Sentinel upgrade.  And I'm not sure how using the ring's energy to become denser will help against wood since wood ignores his flame.  Wally tosses a tree branch at Alan and the match is over.  Wally vibrates through Alan and the match is over.  Wally steals Alan's speed and the match is over. "
Again I never said he couldn't be hit. I said there was one way he could react once hit that  could give him the win. Sorry if this wasn't clear. Also vibrating through Alan shouldn't cut it. Since Alan can also become intangible at will. As for the denser bit I meant as in invulnerable impenetrable. Unlike modern Gl's his energy can effect wood indirectly, at least it has numberous times. he cant touch wood so he uses the energy to change something that can
zombie flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By zombie flash

alan scott  i like the flash but he up agains a green lantern there one of the most powerful groups in the universe
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zoom

Anybody else feel like Beatbox just makes stuff up all the time?
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Zoom said:
" Anybody else feel like Beatbox just makes stuff up all the time? "
I don't unless somebody can prove that he is wrong. I can't prove him wrong.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By beatboks1
@Zoom said:
" Anybody else feel like Beatbox just makes stuff up all the time? "
Not sure what you feel I'm "making up". You yourself acknowledged the Sentinel upgrade, which means he is living Starheart energy. The end of Sentinel run he remade the ring which he wears though (as shown in many issues since ) he doesn't really need to. There have been many stories since the upgrade where his power level and age appearance varies. All have been explained by the fact that his own self image and how he feels about himself effect his energy etc. It may be due to the fact that my collection goes back a little further than most (been collecting for 30 years and have aquired many issues preceding the time I started collecting like several All American's {34 &37} , GA GL {3,5,7), Sensation, More fun Comics, All Star comics ( 12-18 21-27). Star Spangled Comics.
There were aprox 15 times in his GA appearances that Alan used the ring on himself so he could deal with wood. There were also 3 such uses in the 80's All Star Squadron and if memory serves 3 or 4 in the 70's All-Star comics (most of my older comics are at my fathers house inter state). During early Infifnity Inc it was eestablished that the reason his kids inherited their powers was because he'd internalized the power so often. I'm assuming that this is what the poster who said that Alan can mimic other powers was refering to.

Similarly there have been many occasions since the Sentinel upgrade that Alan has been depicted as being lower in power , still needing the ring or having a greater suceptiblility to his wood weekness. All were explained by Johns to be the result of his own self image and how that effects his power level ( a point in case which has been debated on DC boards with many posters giving this as the reason is the current Ark where he gets flat footed by an explosion because it was in wooded crates). If you refering to the intangible ability I stated, as early as his first appearance in All American it states this and shows him passing through walls (which is repeated far too many times throughout publication for me to list).
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn
@beatboks1 said:
" @King Saturn said:
 "oh really... so if what you say is true... then why is it that Alan Scott was essentially powerless when Solomon Grundy destroyed his Lantern... yeah thats right... go back and looks at the scans I posted of the event... dont just take one of my posts and run with it... Read Everything There Is In Here... I showed both that Alan Scott can be hit by a Flash... and Alan Scott can be rendered powerless without the use of his Power Ring "
First the scan of Grundy breaking the battery is older than the change. second I stated wally could win this it depends on how Alan feels/ believes etc from his reaction. Literally if Alan feels powerless he is. 
so what ? what has Alan Scott shown so far even after the change to say he doesnt need the Power Ring at all... 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zoom

I was talking about the resistance to wood (which I agree hasn't been used in any Johns story I've read...which is the majority of the last 10 years of Alan Scott stories) as well as you saying Deathstroke is a precog and you saying that Barry Allen has as high a mastery over the speed force as Wally West. 

Though I'm not 100% sure that second one was you. 

There's no question in my mind that Alan Scott can phase.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By beatboks1
@Zoom said:

" I was talking about the resistance to wood (which I agree hasn't been used in any Johns story I've read...which is the majority of the last 10 years of Alan Scott stories) as well as you saying Deathstroke is a precog and you saying that Barry Allen has as high a mastery over the speed force as Wally West.  Though I'm not 100% sure that second one was you.   There's no question in my mind that Alan Scott can phase. "

I didn't say he was resistant to wood (sorry if it came off that way). I was refering to the fact that he can effect wood indirectly (by using the starheart energy to effect something else to effect wood). He has done this consistently throughout his printed history (mostly by using the ring on himself to somehow change himself). I definitely didn't say deathstroke was a prcog beacause that is crap. As for Barry, I believe in the post your refering to I said he was the reason for the speed forces existence. I didn't say he had greater mastery over it , because I wouldn't know (I haven't picked up any Flash since Barry's return despite collecting all of Wally's run). I would however assume that eventually the being who casued the creation of the speed force will have the most control (though I wont see it because I don't care). I did state in that post that Barry had greater mastery of vibrating. He came up with it (and it was retconned as an ability of Jays in ASS) and could do a lot of things that wally couldn't and still cant (at least ofthe last printed flash I read so that could have changed).

Added in edit

I just realized the way he used to use the green energy to change himself to effect wood probably wouldn't work now (not since sentinel upgrade). Since he doesn't have a body to make stronger invulnerable etc, his body is the very energy that can't effect wood. So now days he'd have to get more creative to get around the wood weakness.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By beatboks1
@King Saturn said:
"so what ? what has Alan Scott shown so far even after the change to say he doesnt need the Power Ring at all...  "
oh I don't know, the fact that he operated for a few years without one ( Sentinels of magic, appearances in Fate, Book of Fate, some appearances in Checkmate) the fact that he's been shown in many recent stories (last three years) as operating seemingly with no ring (or generating starheart energy from several places of his body not the ring finger at the same time). The fact the Mr Terrific has made a few references to the fact that if Alan lost containment of his energy he could destroy the galaxy. The fact that he can recreate one each time it gets destroyed.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zoom

Using starheart energy to use something else to get around the wood?  Well yeah, GLs do that kinda stuff all the time but its not especially useful against a guy waaaaaay faster than him. 

My bad on Deathstroke.  Somebody else "heroic" and relatively new then.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Saturn
@beatboks1 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"so what ? what has Alan Scott shown so far even after the change to say he doesnt need the Power Ring at all...  "
oh I don't know, the fact that he operated for a few years without one ( Sentinels of magic, appearances in Fate, Book of Fate, some appearances in Checkmate) the fact that he's been shown in many recent stories (last three years) as operating seemingly with no ring (or generating starheart energy from several places of his body not the ring finger at the same time). The fact the Mr Terrific has made a few references to the fact that if Alan lost containment of his energy he could destroy the galaxy. The fact that he can recreate one each time it gets destroyed. "
you know its funny... everyone keeps talking about what Alan Scott can do without a Power Ring... but has anyone shown proof of this ? Cause the scans I have shown are very recent... and they say that Alan Scott is essentially powerless without use of a Power Ring... now if you can actually muster up some real proof for your claims instead of the whole Tough Guy Talk act... then maybe we can go from there... but from what has been said against what as been Actually Shown... you have not given any real proof of your claims... just Talking... 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By velle37

Niceness.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By King_Saturn
@beatboks1 said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @beatboks1 said:

" @King Saturn said:

oh I don't know, the fact that he operated for a few years without one ( Sentinels of magic, appearances in Fate, Book of Fate, some appearances in Checkmate) the fact that he's been shown in many recent stories (last three years) as operating seemingly with no ring (or generating starheart energy from several places of his body not the ring finger at the same time). The fact the Mr Terrific has made a few references to the fact that if Alan lost containment of his energy he could destroy the galaxy. The fact that he can recreate one each time it gets destroyed. "
you know its funny... everyone keeps talking about what Alan Scott can do without a Power Ring... but has anyone shown proof of this ? Cause the scans I have shown are very recent... and they say that Alan Scott is essentially powerless without use of a Power Ring... now if you can actually muster up some real proof for your claims instead of the whole Tough Guy Talk act... then maybe we can go from there... but from what has been said against what as been Actually Shown... you have not given any real proof of your claims... just Talking...  "
As a rule I don't post scans, because it's too easy to come up with a multitude of images that can by used to argue both sides due to inconsistent writing. Point in case the scans you put up which are if I'm not mistaken from issue three of last years Solomon Grundy mini (of course the original printing of this story was in about 83). You made no mention of the fact that, despite the fact that his power source was supposedly destroyed in issue 3 Alan was opposing SG by issue 5. (also I'd like you to answer the riddle as to how a character so dependent on his Ring and Lantern is still active after it was destroyed when it was the only one that existed , unlike the other GL's).

I have to also admit that I find it amazing that I'm coping so much flack on this thread when I'm the only one who actually hasn't said in any of my posts who would win. Considering that I'm a total  Alan Scot fan boy that in and of itself should say something (like the fact that I'm not prepared to admit the truth). In any case since you want scans as proof, for this one time only I'll ablige 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Or if you'd prefer the full scan (both as recent as the last JSA ark Vs Mordru

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
This last one is of particular interest since Alan has always been depicted wearing the ring on his left hand not right. Tree of the five  images are since the 2009 Solomon Grundy seven issue mini.  "
I almost thought you forgot about our discussion from the time it took you to respond to my last post... but I am glad you did 
Good Stuff Here... I cant dispute... as far as why I didnt say how the Solomon Grundy issue where he destroyed the Lantern and left Alan Scott powerless was a Reprinting... I didnt even know it was... I thought it was something that was current because the Solomon Grundy mini was a tie in to the Blackest Night arc...   

but know there is still one major problem that cant be disputed... thats Flash having a serious Speed and Reaction Time advantage over Alan Scott... it doesnt matter to me if Alan Scott can phase or if he can Operate without the Power Ring... Flash can still react and attack Alan before he could even think to phase or become Intangible... I am still sticking with Wally West for the win here via KO even if Alan can operate without the Power Ring... 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By velle37

In Superman Sacrifice, John Stewart set his ring to auto-fir if anything moved just a sliver past the speed of sound. Alan might have some offense and defense set up to react even before he knows he's reacted..... if he can do what John did (and he's a century old, so he should). 

By the way, i'm not on either side.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By King_Saturn
@velle37 said:
" In SUperman Sacrifice, John Stewart set his ring to auto-fir if anything moved just a sliver past the speed of sound. Alan might have some offense and defense set up to react even before he knows he's reacted..... if he can do what John did (and he's a century old, so he should).  By the way, i'm not on either side. "
Wally West can move and react several times faster than light... even if Alan could set his Ring to Auto Fire... Auto Defense... or whatever... Wally's speed would be well above the speed of sound as you stated here... 
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By GreenLantern555

Nothin is faster than the speed of thought...

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Theodore

I wanna say Alan Scott but Wally could probably take this.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By King_Saturn
@GreenLantern555 said:
" Nothin is faster than the speed of thought... "
thats not really true ... you have to be able to react to something to think to do something against it... The Flash, Superman, Mr. Majestic just to name a few... have greater Reaction Times than a Green Lantern... especially The Flash and Mr. Majestic... 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By velle37
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" In SUperman Sacrifice, John Stewart set his ring to auto-fir if anything moved just a sliver past the speed of sound. Alan might have some offense and defense set up to react even before he knows he's reacted..... if he can do what John did (and he's a century old, so he should).  By the way, i'm not on either side. "
Wally West can move and react several times faster than light... even if Alan could set his Ring to Auto Fire... Auto Defense... or whatever... Wally's speed would be well above the speed of sound as you stated here...  "

Of course..... but can he hit.... what is intangible?....................
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By King_Saturn
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
Wally West can move and react several times faster than light... even if Alan could set his Ring to Auto Fire... Auto Defense... or whatever... Wally's speed would be well above the speed of sound as you stated here...  "
Of course..... but can he hit.... what is intangible?.................... "
who says Alan will be able to become Intangible before The Flash hits him ? I already showed Alan isnt always Intangible in that other scans I had when Jay Garrick snuffed him... so Alan can be hit... and if Wally blitzes him... Alan wont have any time to really react to do much at all... 
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By beatboks1
@King Saturn said:
I almost thought you forgot about our discussion from the time it took you to respond to my last post... but I am glad you did 
Good Stuff Here... I cant dispute... as far as why I didnt say how the Solomon Grundy issue where he destroyed the Lantern and left Alan Scott powerless was a Reprinting... I didnt even know it was... I thought it was something that was current because the Solomon Grundy mini was a tie in to the Blackest Night arc...   

but know there is still one major problem that cant be disputed... thats Flash having a serious Speed and Reaction Time advantage over Alan Scott... it doesnt matter to me if Alan Scott can phase or if he can Operate without the Power Ring... Flash can still react and attack Alan before he could even think to phase or become Intangible... I am still sticking with Wally West for the win here via KO even if Alan can operate without the Power Ring...  "
There were elements of the mini taken from old stories but most of it was new. That particular battle was panel for panel a reprint (cant remember where from But I've got it some where)

As I said in my second post (and I'm NOT sayin' it outright) I agree Wally should/could win Most. I was only giving examples of how, Alan could take the win. I am an Alan Scot TOTAL fanboy. He's the reason I first bought a comic ( the image of his colorful form ont he cover of All Star comics #58 back in 76). I fell in love with him and the JSA straight away. and have tried (and I think succesfully) to collect everything possible of both (plus Dr Fate) since.   On the subject of these two characters and the JSA I consider myself something of an authority.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GreenLantern555
@King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

thats not really true ... you have to be able to react to something to think to do something against it... The Flash, Superman, Mr. Majestic just to name a few... have greater Reaction Times than a Green Lantern... especially The Flash and Mr. Majestic...  "
 You don't have to react to anything to think of something. All he has to do it know what Wally is going to do next and that's not too hard because Waly is probably the most predictable Flashes and even heroes.    
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GreenLantern555
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
who says Alan will be able to become Intangible before The Flash hits him ? I already showed Alan isnt always Intangible in that other scans I had when Jay Garrick snuffed him... so Alan can be hit... and if Wally blitzes him... Alan wont have any time to really react to do much at all...  "
But if the two knew they were going to be in a fight, Scott can start out making himself Intangible. All it takes is a quick thought. Like I said before, nothing is faster than the speed of thought.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By King_Saturn
@beatboks1 said:

" @King Saturn said:

but know there is still one major problem that cant be disputed... thats Flash having a serious Speed and Reaction Time advantage over Alan Scott... it doesnt matter to me if Alan Scott can phase or if he can Operate without the Power Ring... Flash can still react and attack Alan before he could even think to phase or become Intangible... I am still sticking with Wally West for the win here via KO even if Alan can operate without the Power Ring...  "
There were elements of the mini taken from old stories but most of it was new. That particular battle was panel for panel a reprint (cant remember where from But I've got it some where)

As I said in my second post (and I'm NOT sayin' it outright) I agree Wally should/could win Most. I was only giving examples of how, Alan could take the win. I am an Alan Scot TOTAL fanboy. He's the reason I first bought a comic ( the image of his colorful form ont he cover of All Star comics #58 back in 76). I fell in love with him and the JSA straight away. and have tried (and I think succesfully) to collect everything possible of both (plus Dr Fate) since.   On the subject of these two characters and the JSA I consider myself something of an authority. "
hmmm... well you claimed that the battle was a reprint of something taken from a comic of 1983... hell I wasnt even born then....   
alrighty, so you are a huge Alan Scott Fan... I can respect that and see it somewhat as well from what you have shown... but my goal is to back up who I think would win...   

@GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

thats not really true ... you have to be able to react to something to think to do something against it... The Flash, Superman, Mr. Majestic just to name a few... have greater Reaction Times than a Green Lantern... especially The Flash and Mr. Majestic...  "
 You don't have to react to anything to think of something. All he has to do it know what Wally is going to do next and that's not too hard because Waly is probably the most predictable Flashes and even heroes.     "

okay... but how can Alan know to react to what Wally is gonna do if he doesnt have any time to do so ? If I recall correctly this fight is a random encounter... ( No Prep Time )... meaning Alan wont know beforehand to think of using Intangibility before Wally blitzes him... Alan would have to have an idea of who he is already facing for him to do so...   

@GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
who says Alan will be able to become Intangible before The Flash hits him ? I already showed Alan isnt always Intangible in that other scans I had when Jay Garrick snuffed him... so Alan can be hit... and if Wally blitzes him... Alan wont have any time to really react to do much at all...  "
But if the two knew they were going to be in a fight, Scott can start out making himself Intangible. All it takes is a quick thought. Like I said before, nothing is faster than the speed of thought. "

I thought there was No Prep Time in the Battle ? thats what it says in the OP... Alan really doesnt have time for a quick thought... at least not fast enough to do anything... and believe it or not... people can move faster than the speed of thought... I think this was mentioned in Red Son Superman...
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GreenLantern555
@King Saturn: Just because there is no prep time doesn't mean that Alan has NO time to quickly think of himself as intangible. It doesn't take long to think so at all. Anyone has time for quick thought since nothing is faster. It also depends on who attacks first.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By King_Saturn
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @King Saturn: Just because there is no prep time doesn't mean that Alan has NO time to quickly think of himself as intangible. It doesn't take long to think so at all. Anyone has time for quick thought since nothing is faster. It also depends on who attacks first. "
you are still missing the fact that Wally is way faster and can react to get inside on Alan Scott for a KO Punch before Alan would think to do anything... he is The Flash thats what his main asset is Super Speed and Reaction Time - the ability to move and react at insane Superhuman Level... now you can keep trying to tell yourself that nothing is faster than thought... but that isnt so... at least not unless the one who is thinking possesses the same level of speed and reaction time to think fast enough to move accordingly... 
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GreenLantern555
@King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn: Just because there is no prep time doesn't mean that Alan has NO time to quickly think of himself as intangible. It doesn't take long to think so at all. Anyone has time for quick thought since nothing is faster. It also depends on who attacks first. "
you are still missing the fact that Wally is way faster and can react to get inside on Alan Scott for a KO Punch before Alan would think to do anything... he is The Flash thats what his main asset is Super Speed and Reaction Time - the ability to move and react at insane Superhuman Level... now you can keep trying to tell yourself that nothing is faster than thought... but that isnt so... at least not unless the one who is thinking possesses the same level of speed and reaction time to think fast enough to move accordingly...  "
 Lets take this for instance, I can think about you hitting me way faster than you can hit me. Yes, Flash is fast but he isn't faster than the human mind. Reaction time and the thought process are not the same thing. If Alan thinks of something it happens immediately and I'm sure Scott knows exactly what Wally will do next.    
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By King_Saturn
@GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

you are still missing the fact that Wally is way faster and can react to get inside on Alan Scott for a KO Punch before Alan would think to do anything... he is The Flash thats what his main asset is Super Speed and Reaction Time - the ability to move and react at insane Superhuman Level... now you can keep trying to tell yourself that nothing is faster than thought... but that isnt so... at least not unless the one who is thinking possesses the same level of speed and reaction time to think fast enough to move accordingly...  "
 Lets take this for instance, I can think about you hitting me way faster than you can hit me. Yes, Flash is fast but he isn't faster than the human mind. Reaction time and the thought process are not the same thing. If Alan thinks of something it happens immediately and I'm sure Scott knows exactly what Wally will do next.     "
thats a terrible example... simply because I cant move faster than light... so yeah of course you can think faster than I can hit you... but The Flash can move FTL... and Alan Scott's thought process is not on par with The Flash's speed... thats the whole point... The Flash can move at speeds that Alan would not be able to think to do anything before he got inside on him... 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zoom
@GreenLantern555 said:
"Nothin is faster than the speed of thought... "

The speed of thought is just electrical impulses in your brain and then your reaction time. There are lots of things faster than that.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By King_Saturn
here it is... what I was looking for earlier... notice what Red Son Superman says in the Bottom Panel... keep in mind Wally is faster than Superman also... 

No Caption Provided
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Zoom said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
The speed of thought is just electrical impulses in your brain and then your reaction time. There are lots of things faster than that. "
If it's that then both the speed of light and thought should be the same speed. Light isn't faster than light. If anything they are the same.@King Saturn said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

Lets take this for instance, I can think about you hitting me way faster than you can hit me. Yes, Flash is fast but he isn't faster than the human mind. Reaction time and the thought process are not the same thing. If Alan thinks of something it happens immediately and I'm sure Scott knows exactly what Wally will do next.     "
thats a terrible example... simply because I cant move faster than light... so yeah of course you can think faster than I can hit you... but The Flash can move FTL... and Alan Scott's thought process is not on par with The Flash's speed... thats the whole point... The Flash can move at speeds that Alan would not be able to think to do anything before he got inside on him...  "
Anyone's thought process is at the speed of light (I did research on the speed of thought and found that they are the same) so basically it's whomever gets the first move or thought.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By King_Saturn
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Zoom said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
The speed of thought is just electrical impulses in your brain and then your reaction time. There are lots of things faster than that. "
If it's that then both the speed of light and thought should be the same speed. Light isn't faster than light. If anything they are the same.@King Saturn said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

thats a terrible example... simply because I cant move faster than light... so yeah of course you can think faster than I can hit you... but The Flash can move FTL... and Alan Scott's thought process is not on par with The Flash's speed... thats the whole point... The Flash can move at speeds that Alan would not be able to think to do anything before he got inside on him...  "
Anyone's thought process is at the speed of light (I did research on the speed of thought and found that they are the same) so basically it's whomever gets the first move or thought. "
did you look at the scan I posted ? did you see what Superman was saying about how much faster he could move than the speed of thought ?
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By velle37

Can Alan even be KO'd since he's not even human? He's just made of pure magical energy........ Even if he gets blitzed and hit a couple thousand times in a few seconds, by that time he'd be aware and make himself incredibly dense and unwise to slam a fist into.......... if he didn't already use telepathy to know what Flash would do and become intangible...... 

eh..... 

it could still go wither way......................
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By FinalStar86
@velle37 said:
" Can Alan even be KO'd since he's not even human? He's just made of pure magical energy........ Even if he gets blitzed and hit a couple thousand times in a few seconds, by that time he'd be aware and make himself incredibly dense and unwise to slam a fist into.......... if he didn't already use telepathy to know what Flash would do and become intangible......  eh.....  it could still go wither way...................... "
Not true
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By King_Saturn
@velle37 said:
" Can Alan even be KO'd since he's not even human? He's just made of pure magical energy........ Even if he gets blitzed and hit a couple thousand times in a few seconds, by that time he'd be aware and make himself incredibly dense and unwise to slam a fist into.......... if he didn't already use telepathy to know what Flash would do and become intangible......  eh.....  it could still go wither way...................... "
but see this is assuming Wally cant KO Alan if he blitzes him... what is there to say that Alan cant be incapacitated by physical force ? I mean Alan's body is somewhat solid... it has to be for Jay Garrick to be able to smack him around like he did in that scan that I showed... 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By velle37
@FinalStar86 said:
" @velle37 said:
Not true "

What's not true? 

@King Saturn
said:
" @velle37 said:
but see this is assuming Wally cant KO Alan if he blitzes him... what is there to say that Alan cant be incapacitated by physical force ? I mean Alan's body is somewhat solid... it has to be for Jay Garrick to be able to smack him around like he did in that scan that I showed...  "

Sure... i was just speculating...
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By GreenLantern555
@King Saturn said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Zoom said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

Anyone's thought process is at the speed of light (I did research on the speed of thought and found that they are the same) so basically it's whomever gets the first move or thought. "
did you look at the scan I posted ? did you see what Superman was saying about how much faster he could move than the speed of thought ? "
That would also be saying that Superman can also move ten times faster than the speed of light because the speed of light and the speed of sound move at the exact same speed? Are you saying Superman can move that fast? That scan just goes against the laws of speed.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#99  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" That would also be saying that Superman can also move ten times faster than the speed of light because the speed of light and the speed of sound move at the exact same speed? Are you saying Superman can move that fast? That scan just goes against the laws of speed. "
How exactly is thought equal to speed of light?
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GreenLantern555
@AtPhantom said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

" That would also be saying that Superman can also move ten times faster than the speed of light because the speed of light and the speed of sound move at the exact same speed? Are you saying Superman can move that fast? That scan just goes against the laws of speed. "

How exactly is thought equal to speed of light? "
 Considering that thought are merely electrical impulses, with electricity traveling at the speed of light. They are the same.