Aladdin (Magi) vs Asta (Black Clover).

• 138 results
Bigdadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

•Pre-Timeskip Aladdin. Cannot use his strongest spells.

•Black Asta. Can use Black Divider.

•Random encounter. In character. Energies equalized. Who wins and why??

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any new feats for Asta?

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdadd: Is it necessary to limit Aladdin from using his strongest spells? He wasn't all that strong Pre-Timeskip, I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Asta should break Aladdin his Borg, but i am not familiar with the current Asta.

Bigdadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two: i feel like post-timeskip would be too much

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdadd: Post Timeskip will be too much, but I think there is no need to limit his arsenal if you're using Pre Timeskip.

Avatar image for floydfromhell97
floydfromhell97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aladdin takes this

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aladdin has FTL feats dodging beams and did small scale reality warping with his gravity magic. Aladdin stomps

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj: Asta is also FTL in terms of speed and has magic negating swords. He is very proficient in beating mages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f392956154f0
deactivated-5f392956154f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aladdin stomps.

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two:

How?

He's faster, more versatile, much smarter, and has higher defensive capabilities than Asta could even hope to crack. It's not a hard fight to judge at all, especially when the gap is noticably this large.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By joshua755

@valorknight: yep agree we will how it plays out in the future but as of now I can’t see Asta doing anything serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj: Asta is also FTL in terms of speed and has magic negating swords. He is very proficient in beating mages.

I wasn't aware of that. Was really banking Aladdins speed advantage as decision.

Do you think this changes the winner?

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: Faster? No, Asta is very much just as fast in base, and probably faster in Black form.

Aladdin is smarter and more versatile, I give you that. But Asta's Anti-Magic makes all of his versatility irrelevant.

Asta would straight up ignore his magical defences with his Anti-Magic swords.

TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TOPAZZZ

Aladdin. As soon as he figures out elemental magic doesn’t work he’ll probably go for something asta can’t resist like boiling the water in his body. Asta is a pretty one dimensional fighter

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topazzz: 3 things about your argument.

1. Did he had that spell Pre Timeskip?

2. Will he have the time to figure Asta out? Asta's opening move is to go for a blitz, and if he lands his swords on Aladdin, even if he survives, he won't be able to use magic for a while.

3. Asta can probably negate even this type of magic. Anti-Magic circulates throughout his body in Black form. Even his Demon Destroyer Sword can probably counteract such effects. It severs the cause and effect of magic in an area, nullifying them in the process.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two: That blood boiling spell. Yes, he had it before he even went to school. He is a pacifist pretimeskip but if he has no choice he is not afraid to get bloody. I mean this is the guy who sent someone to space to die. Also, can he negate this magic though? He is just issuing commands to bring out natural phenomenon. The only way to negate is by stopping the flow of magoi from the surrounding itself.

Corruptionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk about alladin much, but i know that he spitestomps black clover with gravity magic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj:

No, Asta is very much just as fast in base

Your ignorance is showing. If you think that Asta is faster than someone who can and has essentially blitzed FTL characters, then you need to reevaluate your stance on manga as a whole.

and probably faster in Black form

That form with no known multiplier for speed? Right.

But Asta's Anti-Magic makes all of his versatility irrelevant

It doesn't. If you thought I was talking about versatility in the form of other offensive spells, that'd be wrong. I was referring to Dhoruf and the literally infinite number of things he could do with it that Asta couldn't stop or counter due to the fact that it isn't a tangible thing.

Asta would straight up ignore his magical defences with his Anti-Magic swords

Magic in the world of Black Clover doesn't equal magic in the world of Magi. In this series, magic is performed by essentially reverse engineering the souls of the dead that are themselves composed from the very fabric of existence. It's definitely not equivalent to whatever Black Clover has. In addition to that, his defenses have ignored attacks that erase things from existence, so I have doubts that he could break through even if we equalized their magic systems for some asinine reason.

Lastly, Aladdin will never, ever, under any circumstances let Asta get close enough to touch him. He'll either have his blood boiled or be thrown off into space infinitely before that happens.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj:

No, Asta is very much just as fast in base

Your ignorance is showing. If you think that Asta is faster than someone who can and has essentially blitzed FTL characters, then you need to reevaluate your stance on manga as a whole.

and probably faster in Black form

That form with no known multiplier for speed? Right.

But Asta's Anti-Magic makes all of his versatility irrelevant

It doesn't. If you thought I was talking about versatility in the form of other offensive spells, that'd be wrong. I was referring to Dhoruf and the literally infinite number of things he could do with it that Asta couldn't stop or counter due to the fact that it isn't a tangible thing.

Asta would straight up ignore his magical defences with his Anti-Magic swords

Magic in the world of Black Clover doesn't equal magic in the world of Magi. In this series, magic is performed by essentially reverse engineering the souls of the dead that are themselves composed from the very fabric of existence. It's definitely not equivalent to whatever Black Clover has. In addition to that, his defenses have ignored attacks that erase things from existence, so I have doubts that he could break through even if we equalized their magic systems for some asinine reason.

Lastly, Aladdin will never, ever, under any circumstances let Asta get close enough to touch him. He'll either have his blood boiled or be thrown off into space infinitely before that happens.

I think you replied to wrong person lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj:

I think you replied to wrong person lol

Yeah, my bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-605fa2b8d3995
deactivated-605fa2b8d3995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Asta town level with LS speed, while Aladdin is Country level with FTL speeds? How are people debating over this

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mevbi: Correction, Asta is FTL for keeping up with Dark Elf Patry, and capable of cutting trough the Devil like butter, when the later was able to tank Multi-Mountain attacks with zero damage.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eri_Joni  Online

Aladin.

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A shame Aladdin can't cast Aug Al Hazard to skewer Asta with real rock.

Har Har Infigar will only get dissipated by Antimagic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yosefscion:

A shame Aladdin can't cast Aug Al Hazard

He wouldn't need anything of the sort to kill Asta.

Har Har Infigar will only get dissipated by Antimagic

Aladdin stopped using that spell after the timeskip. If he wanted Asta dead, he'd boil his blood or fling him into space for all eternity, neither of which can be resisted.

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: Correction, both of these can be straight up negated by Asta's Demon Destroyer. It has an ability called Causality Break. It absorbs and removes the effects of spells by severing their cause-and-effect relationship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two: It doesn't matter, as the magic used in Magi is different from the magic used in Black Clover. It's absurd to assume that his abilities would work on Aladdin's spells simply because they are called such. To further explain my point, magic in the world of Magi is performed by manipulating the energy runoff from fate itself. It's produced from the Sacred Palace of King Solomon and makes up everything in the universe. In Black Clover it not only isn't the same but isn't even similar enough to be called equivalent.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backing Asta here. At least as fast if not faster, and Anti-Magic hard counters Aladdin given energies are equalised. I'm not entirely sure what constitutes Aladdin's "strongest spells" but it shouldn't make too much of a difference. Asta cuts through his borg and one-shots him.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight:

It doesn't matter, as the magic used in Magi is different from the magic used in Black Clover

Energy is equalised btw friendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two: He's faster, more versatile, and more deadly overall. It's not even remotely close.

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: I doubt, that Aladdin is faster, but feel free to post your case for it.

All of Aladdin's versatility and deadliness, can be negated or reflected by Asta, and all of his defenses are also useless.

I'm pretty sure Asta oneshots.

Avatar image for thelemonadestan
thelemonadestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two: Just from researching some stuff about Aladdin he seems to scale way above mountain level scaling from a younger Sinbad so he isn’t oneshoting anybody here sadly.

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelemonadestan: Asta also scales above mountain level for being able to cleave the Devil in half. The same Devil that took no damage from Lumiere.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Aladdin stomps either way, so it's good.

I guess this is where we disagree then. Asta should be able to negate Aladdin's entire arsenal, including his borg, and Aladdin can't get away from him to avoid getting hit either. I'm interested to know why you think Aladdin is faster though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage:

I guess this is where we disagree then

It does seem to be that way.

Asta should be able to negate Aladdin's entire arsenal

When has Asta negated something even remotely similar to Aladdin's strength magic? He manipulates what's already there, that being the vectors of the universe, so I find it hard to believe that Asta can negate something he can't see or touch simply because it's technically done through magic.

including his borg

If he could touch him, which he can't and won't.

and Aladdin can't get away from him to avoid getting hit either

Why not? He can fly and teleport.

I'm interested to know why you think Aladdin is faster though

Asta has scaling that would put him around Magnostadt Aladdin. He completely humiliated Arba (who, in a weaker body, was memeing on two characters in the same speed tier as Magnostadt Aladdin) without even flexing a little bit after the three year timeskip.

Avatar image for varricpatermann
VarricPatermann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not complete familiar with Asta, but can he fly?

eman2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eman2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a new calc that put asta at mftl(sorry if my english is not good)

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta has a chance against Pre-TS Aladdin. However, Post TS skip complete washes him

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight:

When has Asta negated something even remotely similar to Aladdin's strength magic? He manipulates what's already there, that being the vectors of the universe, so I find it hard to believe that Asta can negate something he can't see or touch simply because it's technically done through magic.

Well, one could make the argument that Asta could negate it passively (if in his Black Form) due to naturally exuding Anti-Magic energy (and he's negated magic that manipulates space before), but I think Asta should be more than capable of negating it after it's used on him, specifically with Demon Destroyer. The power of his 3rd explicitly goes beyond simply negating magic, as is even stated by Drowa when he was in Gauche's body. As an example, he was able to remove the exorcise the elf souls from various people despite it being made clear this could not be achieved through Anti-Magic alone as the spell had already finished. With Demon Destroyer he should be able to remove the effects Aladdin's strength magic has on him.

Why not? He can fly and teleport.

When did Aladdin teleport Pre Timeskip? Regardless, I don't remember him ever doing this in combat. More importantly, Asta can also fly in his Black form, and in this form he automatically hones in on powerful magic, which would definitely be Aladdin.

Asta has scaling that would put him around Magnostadt Aladdin. He completely humiliated Arba (who, in a weaker body, was memeing on two characters in the same speed tier as Magnostadt Aladdin) without even flexing a little bit after the three year timeskip.

He didn't humiliate Arba with his speed, making this comparison irrelevant. Though this is pointless anyways given Aladdin is Pre Timeskip in this thread.

Really, I don't see this fight lastling particularly long. Asta is very limited in versatility, so his only real option is to run at him and hit him with his sword. If Aladdin tries to fly away, Asta will just enter his black form (which he can do pretty much instantly now) and chase after him. Any attack thrown at him will just be negated or reflected and I don't think Aladdin has enough time to come up with an effective countermeasure given that he hasn't fought an opponent who can just negate his magic before. His one hope of vector manip he hasn't completely mastered at this stage and even then Asta should still be able to negate it with Demon Destroyer.

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not complete familiar with Asta, but can he fly?

No Caption Provided

Asta has negated many spells that he cannot see or touch. Demon-Destroyer sword does exactly that, it severs the cause and effect of spells in the area around Asta. That's how he dispelled Ecra's Binding magic that paralyses anybody who looks at her eyes. He also dispelled Damnatio's Scale magic which redistributes the magic powers of people as he sees fit (basically he makes other people weaker than himself by redistributing their magic)