Avatar image for jimmangz
#1 Posted by jimmangz (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Both enraged, who wins?

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#2 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Akuma
Avatar image for cortsether
#3 Posted by CortSether (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the battle won? I don't think Wolverine can be killed by Akuma, but I do think he'd get his butt kicked.

Avatar image for spidermanprimez
#4 Posted by SpidermanPrimeZ (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma outclasses Wolverine in nearly every way, he takes this without much difficulty.
Avatar image for deathgorath444
#5 Posted by DeathGorath444 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm well isn't wolverine one of the best hand to hand combatents in the Marvel Universe, but then again since wolverine can heal do you think the Shun Goku Satsu will kill him permenatly?
Avatar image for illituracy
#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine loses if it's just KO. Wolverine certainly doesn't win if it's to the death. 

Avatar image for deathgorath444
#7 Posted by DeathGorath444 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess that means even though he can heal the hell outta himself he will basiclly still permanetley died by the Shun Goku Satsu(or akuma's Lv.3 move) huh?

Avatar image for illituracy
#8 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if Akuma could permanently kill him [I'm still iffy as to whether Wolverine can die or not after that one arc where he basically ended his agreement with Azrael], but Akuma can surely kill him.

Avatar image for erik
#9 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma is technically a anime/manga character in my opinion.

Avatar image for illituracy
#10 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma is a character in UDON and Devil's Due Publishing's Street Fighter series. I don't see why he shouldn't be fair game. 

Avatar image for erik
#11 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" Akuma is a character in UDON and Devil's Due Publishing's Street Fighter series. I don't see why he shouldn't be fair game.  "
I thought UDON was manga. Devil's Due gets a pass though but I only see feats from that publisher be allowed. Again, my opinion.
Avatar image for illituracy
#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Akuma is a character in UDON and Devil's Due Publishing's Street Fighter series. I don't see why he shouldn't be fair game.  "
I thought UDON was manga. Devil's Due gets a pass though but I only see feats from that publisher be allowed. Again, my opinion. "
UDON Entertainment is actually an American comic book studio. They have heavy anime and manga influence, but it isn't anime or manga. I think the original Street Fighter comic that they did was originally published by Image now that I think of it. Akuma also has a page here at CV. As for feats, UDON's comic has little to no difference from the game's canon [last I checked, I haven't read it in a while]. 
Avatar image for erik
#13 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @erik said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Akuma is a character in UDON and Devil's Due Publishing's Street Fighter series. I don't see why he shouldn't be fair game.  "
I thought UDON was manga. Devil's Due gets a pass though but I only see feats from that publisher be allowed. Again, my opinion. "
UDON Entertainment is actually an American comic book studio. They have heavy anime and manga influence, but it isn't anime or manga. I think the original Street Fighter comic that they did was originally published by Image now that I think of it. Akuma also has a page here at CV. As for feats, UDON's comic has little to no difference from the game's canon [last I checked, I haven't read it in a while].  "
I do not judge manga on where it is published. Manga is a style of comic book. That being said, American manga is still manga to me. 
 
Plus most video game characters have a page on this site. Even the anime/manga ones.
Avatar image for deathgorath444
#14 Posted by DeathGorath444 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine met Azrael(DC), Hmm never knew that but since he survived adimantium being pulled out of his skin I can't see why he won't survive that.
Avatar image for illituracy
#15 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @erik said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Akuma is a character in UDON and Devil's Due Publishing's Street Fighter series. I don't see why he shouldn't be fair game.  "
I thought UDON was manga. Devil's Due gets a pass though but I only see feats from that publisher be allowed. Again, my opinion. "
UDON Entertainment is actually an American comic book studio. They have heavy anime and manga influence, but it isn't anime or manga. I think the original Street Fighter comic that they did was originally published by Image now that I think of it. Akuma also has a page here at CV. As for feats, UDON's comic has little to no difference from the game's canon [last I checked, I haven't read it in a while].  "
I do not judge manga on where it is published. Manga is a style of comic book. That being said, American manga is still manga to me.   Plus most video game characters have a page on this site. Even the anime/manga ones. "
Manga and Anime are used to refer to comics and animated series produced and published in Japan. By definition, even comics and comic styles that are heavily influenced by manga and/or anime can't really be called manga. Most video game characters have a page on this site because most of them have comics. I don't think I've ever seen a game character on this site that doesn't have some sort of book published. 
Avatar image for erik
#16 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"Manga and Anime are used to refer to comics and animated series produced and published in Japan. By definition, even comics and comic styles that are heavily influenced by manga and/or anime can't really be called manga. Most video game characters have a page on this site because most of them have comics. I don't think I've ever seen a game character on this site that doesn't have some sort of book published.  "
Actually by definition, manga is specifically stated as a style of comic book art. Comic book art that conforms to the style developed by Japan.
Avatar image for illituracy
#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:

" @iLLituracy said:

"Manga and Anime are used to refer to comics and animated series produced and published in Japan. By definition, even comics and comic styles that are heavily influenced by manga and/or anime can't really be called manga. Most video game characters have a page on this site because most of them have comics. I don't think I've ever seen a game character on this site that doesn't have some sort of book published.  "
Actually by definition, manga is specifically stated as a style of comic book art. Comic book art that conforms to the style developed by Japan. "
I disagree. 
 
As does Wikipedia:

 "Manga" as a term used outside Japan refers specifically to comics originally published in Japan. However, manga-influenced comics, among original works, exist in other parts of the world, particularly in Taiwan ("manhua"), South Korea ("manhwa"), and the People's Republic of China, notably Hong Kong ("manhua"). In France, "la nouvelle manga" has developed as a form of bande dessinée (literally drawn strip) drawn in styles influenced by Japanese manga.    

By your definition of what Manga is Olivier Coipel's work [while not as heavily influenced as the artists from UDON] classifies as manga. 
Avatar image for erik
#18 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: 
Oh you silly boy. You thought I would not look it up myself? Taking only one section from wikipedia to support your argument is actually worse than using wikipedia as your source in the first place.
 
Here is the other part from wikipedia that you "forgot" to include:
 
 Manga ( kanji: 漫画; hiragana: まんが; katakana: マンガ; listen ; / ˈ m ɑː ŋ ɡ ə / or / ˈ m æ ŋ ɡ ə /) consist of comics and print cartoons (sometimes also called komikku コミック), in the Japanese languageand conforming to the style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. In their modern form, manga date from shortly after World War II, but they have a long, complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art.
Avatar image for illituracy
#19 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy: 
Oh you silly boy. You thought I would not look it up myself? Taking only one section from wikipedia to support your argument is actually worse than using wikipedia as your source in the first place.
 
Here is the other part from wikipedia that you "forgot" to include:
 
 Manga ( kanji: 漫画; hiragana: まんが; katakana: マンガ; listen ; / ˈ m ɑː ŋ ɡ ə / or / ˈ m æ ŋ ɡ ə /) consist of comics and print cartoons (sometimes also called komikku コミック), in the Japanese languageand conforming to the style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. In their modern form, manga date from shortly after World War II, but they have a long, complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art. "
Why is it that every time we come to debate a point you must try to make it seem like I'm conveniently leaving out some sort of point when I've done nothing but the contrary? I never said that it wasn't a style, YOU said that it was a style, and anything that uses that style is thus Manga. I'M TELLING you the difference between something that IS MANGA and something that's INFLUENCED by Manga and how it's differentiated by the country of origin. 
 
Like I said. Coipel's Thor, Legion and House of M are hardly manga. Thus, none of UDON's Street Fighter or any other work that's INFLUENCED by anime and manga is either. Nothing you've said has disproved this. 
Avatar image for erik
#20 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: 
I did it for lulz. When do I normally talk like that ever?
 
Someone needs to take a few pills. 
 
In any case, nothing you have stated has proven anything either. Manga is a style of art.
Avatar image for illituracy
#21 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy:  I did it for lulz. When do I normally talk like that ever?  Someone needs to take a few pills.   In any case, nothing you have stated has proven anything either. Manga is a style of art. "
Lulz is a horrible reason to do anything. 
 
...Especially when I'm not included. 
 
And I'm not disagreeing with you, manga is a style of art. I'm disagreeing that anything that looks like manga is manga.  
 
So...I win.
Avatar image for erik
#22 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @erik said:
" @iLLituracy:  I did it for lulz. When do I normally talk like that ever?  Someone needs to take a few pills.   In any case, nothing you have stated has proven anything either. Manga is a style of art. "
Lulz is a horrible reason to do anything.  ...Especially when I'm not included.  And I'm not disagreeing with you, manga is a style of art. I'm disagreeing that anything that looks like manga is manga.   So...I win. "
Okay I will agree that just because something looks like manga, it does not make it manga. So you do win.
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#23 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

  

Avatar image for god_spawn
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (43084 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
"  
"

ok logan is screwed
Moderator
Avatar image for death_certificate
#25 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

  

  
Avatar image for illituracy
#26 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @erik said:
" @iLLituracy:  I did it for lulz. When do I normally talk like that ever?  Someone needs to take a few pills.   In any case, nothing you have stated has proven anything either. Manga is a style of art. "
Lulz is a horrible reason to do anything.  ...Especially when I'm not included.  And I'm not disagreeing with you, manga is a style of art. I'm disagreeing that anything that looks like manga is manga.   So...I win. "
Okay I will agree that just because something looks like manga, it does not make it manga. So you do win. "
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! 
 
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#27 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10500 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
"  
"
ok logan is screwed "
Avatar image for erik
#28 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: 
Lol keeping score?
Avatar image for illituracy
#29 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @iLLituracy:  Lol keeping score? "
I am now. 
 
1-0.  
  
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#30 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for erik
#31 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @erik said:
" @iLLituracy:  Lol keeping score? "
I am now. 
 
1-0.  
  
"
Lol.
Avatar image for deathgorath444
#32 Posted by DeathGorath444 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh what the hellGOUKI DEMOLISHES!!!! I was going to say wolverine battles Hulk but at this point it dosent matter.

Avatar image for orion_wolf
#33 Edited by Orion_Wolf (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of both characters. Anyone who thinks Akuma can kill Wolverine doesn't know enough about Wolverine to even be worthy of answering this question. Let's not forget that Wolverine is almost like Cell from DBZ. If you leave any part of his body alive, he won't die. If he can survive lava, decapitation, and nuclear blast, we won't die by Akuma's hands. Akuma is stronger but Wolverine wins this one. Eventually Akuma will get tired and neither one will back down. When Akuma has no more energy and Wolverine has gone berserk Akuma will die. Which for those who know Akuma is exactly what he wants.

Avatar image for needlebay
#34 Posted by Needlebay (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#35 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5902 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma can win this fight, just won't be easy.

Avatar image for ryuhayabusa
#36 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

@Orion_Wolf said:

I'm a big fan of both characters. Anyone who thinks Akuma can kill Wolverine doesn't know enough about Wolverine to even be worthy of answering this question. Let's not forget that Wolverine is almost like Cell from DBZ. If you leave any part of his body alive, he won't die. If he can survive lava, decapitation, and nuclear blast, we won't die by Akuma's hands. Akuma is stronger but Wolverine wins this one. Eventually Akuma will get tired and neither one will back down. When Akuma has no more energy and Wolverine has gone berserk Akuma will die. Which for those who know Akuma is exactly what he wants.

Akuma doesn't have to kill Wolverine, Akuma can easily K.O him.

Avatar image for nerx
#37 Edited by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine gets knocked the fvck out

Avatar image for grimlock
#38 Posted by grimlock (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@god_spawn said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
"
"
ok logan is screwed "

Yeah he gets screwed with the ultimate screwment

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for beerhappy
#40 Posted by Beerhappy (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

Wolverine gets knocked the fvck out

Yeah I dont see Wolverine winning this....death or KO....

Avatar image for mkmarveldcfan4life
#41 Posted by MKMarvelDCfan4life (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins here but not easily.

Avatar image for codysf
#42 Edited by CODYSF (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathGorath444 said:

Hmm well isn't wolverine one of the best hand to hand combatents in the Marvel Universe, but then again since wolverine can heal do you think the Shun Goku Satsu will kill him permenatly?

It will kill him cause that attack kills people with souls.

Avatar image for codysf
#43 Posted by CODYSF (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

Wolverine gets knocked the fvck out

LMAO!!! poor Wolvie

Avatar image for xerothehedgeh209
#45 Posted by XeroTheHedgeh209 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@cortsether: Akuma's Raging Demon Would Automatically Kill Logan,But Besides That Akuma Can't Kill Wolverine Without Using His Raging Demon

Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#46 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma can KO Wolvie all day. To kill Wolvie would take the Raging Demon move.

Avatar image for asgardianbrony
#47 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

composite akuma fought Asura... he stomps.

Avatar image for briancolding
#48 Posted by briancolding (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine takes his head off. Period

Avatar image for cosmic_reign
#49 Posted by cosmic_reign (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma