shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By shirso

@hittheassasin said:

You can't use the height of the Tsunami's Whitebeard created to scale him to real life Earthquakes, I'm afraid. The amplitude of Tsunami waves is dependant almost exclusively on the vertical slip of a fault line, which is then scaled to a Richter scale magnitude in the calcs presented in this thread. The issue with this is that the Richter scale uses the amplitude of an earthquake as the sole criteria for determining it's energy. IRL, this works, because the length and width of the fault line usually scale upwards along with the vertical slip. However, the quakes Whitebeard create demonstratably have a far larger vertical slip relative to their length and width, meaning extrapolating the latter two values based on the former isn't logically conclusive.

As such, you'd have to plug each individual value(vertical slip, width and length of fault) into the more modern seismic moment formula to get an accurate result for the amount of energy released. Even using a rather high-end number like 1000 meters for the distance the ground was displaced by, the comparatively lacklustre width and length of the fissure(only in the single digit kilometers respectively) reduces the feats impressiveness significantly.

The results I got, plugging in a kilometer for width, length and amplitude, is only about multi-mountain level. That being said, 1000 meters for all of these is actually a bit of a highball, realistically several hundred meters might have been better for the feat in question.

Can you cite sources for these? Every tsunami magnitude calculator I have found uses only the height.

About the length and width thing, tsunamis increase massively in height and decrease in length/width when they approach the shore (because the net energy of the wave has to remain constant). Out in the ocean they can be dozens of km long but barely a few meters in height.

WB's tsunamis are at least over a km tall, to put that in pespective a Richter 9 2011 earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan had a height of just about 40 meters when it hit land. I am finding it hard to get a concrete number for how long tsunami waves are when they hit land but just by looking at google images, they don't seem to be massively larger than WB's waves:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By KingOne

@trippygod said:

None of this is moutain level even Jozu's Iceberg is bigger than most of this fodder level nonsense and this her EOS level WITH the power to literally manipulate Earth itself that is the only reason why she is even close to this. Plus she can manipulate Earth in accordance to her magic with nature but not bust it. Show me any individual feat in NNT surpassing moutain level.There is none.

Mael's dispersing the true Night spell only counts as reverse engineering a spell with its opposite nature with is daylight. CHandler isn't island busting nor country busting because he made the True Night spell and/or the SDS would have all been dead a long time ago against him alone, and yet they survived Chandler and them with none of their strongest members. True Night isn't even an attack it's some meaingless setup, nor something to be called a feat of power so dispersing it will not be taken as such either. There are no island let alone country level characters in NNT. EOS. Akainu literally one shots the entirety of them in a neg diff.

Stop it with the nonsense. The final villain literally turned into a multi mountain thing and they had to combine forces plus plot powers to beat it. Where was Mael to one shot it with his whatever " passive energy" or Mel who "massively outclasses him" ? Stop this absolute nonsense. Full counter won't work against Akainu. He is getting one shot.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By HitTheAssasin

@shirso:

Can you cite sources for these? Every tsunami magnitude calculator I have found uses only the height.

If you had asked me a few hours ago, I could've. I went through like 5 websites, but those tabs are gone now. Anyway, I think you've missed the point a bit. Tsunami's are indeed scaled using height, for the most part. It's just that Earthquakes aren't, and there in lies the issue. Tsunami height is dependent on by how much the "floor" of the sea is displaced upwards/downwards by. Usually, you can scale just the amplitude of the earthquake to it's magnitude because length and width scale relatively to it(for the most part), but Whitebeard's quakes have repeatedly demonstrated amplitudes far higher than their relative lengths and widths, so plugging the values directly into a seismic moment calculator is wiser. With that, all of this:

About the length and width thing, tsunamis increase massively in height and decrease in length/width when they approach the shore (because the net energy of the wave has to remain constant). Out in the ocean they can be dozens of km long but barely a few meters in height.

WB's tsunamis are at least over a km tall, to put that in pespective a Richter 9 2011 earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan had a height of just about 40 meters when it hit land. I am finding it hard to get a concrete number for how long tsunami waves are when they hit land but just by looking at google images, they don't seem to be massively larger than WB's waves:

Doesn't really play a big role in what I said.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Quad Mach Galan and BOS Meliodas lightning timing are still being claimed in 2019?

Akainu one-shotting Meliodas?!?

Tsunami sizes?!?!?

Aight ima follow this thread.

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnihater:

Ah you speak directly about the earthquake, I thought you were talking about the tsunami.

ñ

We really don't have earthquake information, so it can be more than you say.

On the contrary. We get to see the direct sizes of the earthquakes he creates multiple times. Even in the Tsunami imstance, this event, which is later explicitly called Whitebeard's Seaquake by Garp, allows us to draw conclusions regarding all of the major factors(amplitude, length and to a certain extent, wodth):

No Caption Provided

What I was saying is that you don't have a formula that makes clear the relationship between an earthquake and a tsunami, and the only one I found, I already put it.

The main issue being that your formula cannot take into account the other factors that go into an Earthquake besides its amplitude, and instead opts to use just that value and assume the others have values relative to it. In other words, it's not enough to draw a logical conclusion for Whitebeard's quakes, which don't adhere to those assumptions.

And the point of my argument, was the height of the tsunami, when earthquakes that are only mountain level reach a height of 10 meters, although they are longer and wider, that is because as the wave across the sea it gets bigger, but the initial mass lift (height) does not change much with respect to the energy released at the time of the rupture.

You mention a lot of other things that make the Tsunami calc even more qieationable here, but I'll just adress the main point. Yeah, Tsunami heights are (almost) exclusively dependent on the amplitude of the Earthquake, just like you say. That's exactly why scaling them backwards to the energy of the Earthquake only works in real life, where a certain increase in amplitude of the Earthquake is almost always corresponds with an increase in length and width and thus, overall magnitude. Whitebeard's quakes demonstratably don't follow these rules, their amplitudes are massively above the norm relative to their lengths and widths.

I found a better feat and it would be more consistent with the width and length of the tsunami compared to the heigh that it has.

No Caption Provided

The tsunami at the bottom of Marinford are larger than the island and also seem to be as long as they are in height.

incidentally there was a tsunami warning in shabondy (although it is not clear if it is because of that kurohige earthquake or those shirohige earthquake shot)

What do you think about this?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin:

Tsunami height is dependent on by how much the "floor" of the sea is displaced upwards/downwards by. Usually, you can scale just the amplitude of the earthquaks to it's magnutude because length and width scale relatively to it(for the most part), but Whitebeard's quakes have repeatedly demonstrated amplitudes far higher than their relative lengths and widths, so plugging the values directly into a seismic moment calculator is wiser. With that, all of this:

I am aware of that, and I explained this in the second part of my post which you strangely ignored.

Tsunami waves are much longer (dozens to 100's of km) and very short (only a few meters) out in the ocean but as they approach land, their height increases while their length and width decrease. WB's waves were not very long because they were close to land. The length of WB's waves as they were hitting MF is not much different from the waves of any irl Richter 9 quakes, but its height is massively greater. Ergo it's earthquake's power is >> Richter 9 quakes.

I don't think you can gauge the vertical slip, length and width of the fault from the size of its tsunami wave, and definitely not when the waves are close to land, since the wave gets deformed as it approaches land.

Here's a simple image explaining this:

No Caption Provided

See how much shorter in width the wave becomes when it approaches land? You can't use this to lowball WB's quakes. In fact if anything it's just another point that shows his waves are just like any irl earthquake tsunami, just ,massively more powerful due to height.

Avatar image for the_lost_cleric
The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez, this forum really loves to lowball One Piece. Anyone with any first hand experience of tsunamis can tell you what wB did was massively more powerful than the most powerful and destructive earthquakes recorded in history. Sites like OBD have even placed him at small continent level but him being country level at least shouldn't be in doubt.

One Piece is still much weaker than Naruto or Bleach but saying a top tier like Akainu loses, let alone gets stomped by someone like Meliodas whose best feats are island level is laughable and wouldn't be entertained anywhere except here.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By KingOne

@the_lost_cleric said:

Jeez, this forum really loves to lowball One Piece. Anyone with any first hand experience of tsunamis can tell you what wB did was massively more powerful than the most powerful and destructive earthquakes recorded in history. Sites like OBD have even placed him at small continent level but him being country level at least shouldn't be in doubt.

One Piece is still much weaker than Naruto or Bleach but saying a top tier like Akainu loses, let alone gets stomped by someone like Meliodas whose best feats are island level is laughable and wouldn't be entertained anywhere except here.

Your entire comment got discredited when you said this circus joke of " One Piece is still much weaker than Naruto or Bleach" these are the kinda nonsensical sentences that makes you question one's 5 senses and mental or physiological abilities and everything there is to analyze. Pretimeskip OP with Haki is enough to solo these two verses plenty already. NO, Naruto and Bleavch are STILL much much weaker than One Piece, go figure their series ended already they couldn't even catch up buddy.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy how people are arguing Whitebeard's power when mere schichibukai fodder are CASUAL Island busters and Luffy has already been rated large country to continental already with KKG which Yonkos and Admirals rate FAR above Dressrossa Luffy. What Whitebeard did in MF was simply beyond cataclysmic that's all there was to it, which Akainu and all the Admirals are close to if not exactly at that level. Mel gets one shotted to oblivion EOS. He gets one shotted by Luffy too in base at that let alone any of the top tiers. This is a stomp.

The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingone: Naruto characters Juubi level and above and Bleach high tier captains like Kenpachi, Shunsui, Toshiro, etc are still much stronger by feats than any One Piece character. People like Whitebeard may just about match a few Naruto/Bleach high tiers in power output but they are much lacking in versatility, hax and durability. The god tiers of either verse like Juubito, Juubidara, Sage of Six Paths Naruto and Sasuke or Aizen, Yhwach, etc can probably take the entire verse at once. Maybe when they get more feats they will be a match for Naruto and Bleach top tiers.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By KingOne

@the_lost_cleric: Juubi level characters are not even Schichibukai level some Vice Admiral might one shot them. Bleach Captains VICE ADMIRALS ARE DEFINITELY ONE SHOTTING THEM. Anything Supernova up is fodderizing both verses. Pretimeskip OP with Haki solos both verses. Stop wasting my time with foolishness. "The god tiers of either verse like Juubito, Juubidara, Sage of Six Paths Naruto and Sasuke or Aizen, Yhwach, etc" can't even beat one Admiral in between naps all at once.One Yonko solos both verses at once. Individually they all get wrecked by competent below Supernova tiers. Thank you.

The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingone said:

@the_lost_cleric: Juubi level characters are not even Schichibukai level some Vice Admiral might one shot them. Captains VICE ADMIRALS ARE DEFINITELY ONE SHOTTING THEM. Anything Supernova up is fodderizing the verse. Stop wasting my time with foolishness.

All right you are trolling, second form Juubi has a country lvl feat which is equal to the current most powerful people in One Piece like Akainu or Whitebeard, while top Shichibukai like Doflamingo are only island lvl max. Though people like Mihawk may be far stronger by feats. Supernovas like Luffy or Law are at the level of Naruto or EMS Sasuke before they got the Sage's powers at best.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By KingOne

@the_lost_cleric said:
@kingone said:

@the_lost_cleric: Juubi level characters are not even Schichibukai level some Vice Admiral might one shot them. Captains VICE ADMIRALS ARE DEFINITELY ONE SHOTTING THEM. Anything Supernova up is fodderizing the verse. Stop wasting my time with foolishness.

All right you are trolling, second form Juubi has a country lvl feat which is equal to the current most powerful people in One Piece like Akainu or Whitebeard, while top Shichibukai like Doflamingo are only island lvl max. Though people like Mihawk may be far stronger by feats. Supernovas like Luffy or Law are at the level of Naruto or EMS Sasuke before they got the Sage's powers at best.

Haha what country level feat ? Bring that to me please. Schcihibukai are all CASUAL Island busters and far above both verses already. Luffy is already continental. Admirals are multi continental to planetary so are Yonkos. Supernovas like Law and Luffy are above EOS Naruto since Shabondy Archipelago part 2 ( I am basically saying since the beginning of post timeskip) and I am being nice ( Law was above EOS Naruto since his first appearance in the series) . Naruto and Sasuke are pretimeskip post Skypea Luffy level at best. 8th Gates Guy the strongest taijutusu user in the series isn't even weakest CP9 level . They can't beat Skypea Luffy with Haki before that. It could be argued base post Skypea Luffy was stronger than both of them at that moment. Like I said, they couldn't even catch up to Pretimeskip One Piece. They are STILL much weaker than One Piece. They are fodder verses.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lost_cleric: Comicvine is off and on when it comes to One Piece. When debating anime on this site. These days anything that isn't Naruto, Dragonball, One Punch Man, or an obscure series with characters that don't blow up mountains and the like unless they are omnipotent like Afro Samurai. Tend to be very awful and inconsistent. You will learn absolutley nothing from any other thread. Because the opinion will change within a week or month. And they usually take feats out of context. Over the years I have regularly debated on at least 8 different websites. Comicvine is by far the worst when it comes to debating anime in general. The complexity of the anime tends to have a noticeable impact as well. Usually for lying, taking things out of context or at face value. For years many people who were at the time considered credible anime debators. Believed characters like Dark Schieder from Bastard had literal infinite speed, infinite shields, was completely and utterly immortal (Like Zamasu with the Super Dragon Balls), and could bypass any and all forms of durability without needing the feats to do it. Because canon fodder in the series couldn't see his attacks. So that's something you will have to deal with on this site. The regular comic threads are much better. One Piece threads aren't that bad either when characters like Zoro, Sanji, and Brook are in it. It's the top tiers and Luffy that get both wanked and lowballed to hell and back. There is no inbetween.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin: You and Omni seem to be the most levelheaded in the thread. I but I think I agree with your arguements more. Who do you think wins this fight? Mel or Akainu?

The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

@the_lost_cleric: Comicvine is off and on when it comes to One Piece. When debating anime on this site. These days anything that isn't Naruto, Dragonball, One Punch Man, or an obscure series with characters that don't blow up mountains and the like unless they are omnipotent like Afro Samurai. Tend to be very awful and inconsistent. You will learn absolutley nothing from any other thread. Because the opinion will change within a week or month. And they usually take feats out of context. Over the years I have regularly debated on at least 8 different websites. Comicvine is by far the worst when it comes to debating anime in general. The complexity of the anime tends to have a noticeable impact as well. Usually for lying, taking things out of context or at face value. For years many people who were at the time considered credible anime debators. Believed characters like Dark Schieder from Bastard had literal infinite speed, infinite shields, was completely and utterly immortal (Like Zamasu with the Super Dragon Balls), and could bypass any and all forms of durability without needing the feats to do it. Because canon fodder in the series couldn't see his attacks. So that's something you will have to deal with on this site. The regular comic threads are much better. One Piece threads aren't that bad either when characters like Zoro, Sanji, and Brook are in it. It's the top tiers and Luffy that get both wanked and lowballed to hell and back. There is no inbetween.

I can relate to that. In this very thread you have people saying Whitebeard is not even multi mountain and AM Meliodas solos all the Admirals, while the guy above me is saying pre time skip Luffy is So6P Naruto level. Though I have been here only a short while, and I think Naruto vs Bleach is worse around here.

TrippyGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingone said:

None of this is moutain level even Jozu's Iceberg is bigger than most of this fodder level nonsense and this her EOS level WITH the power to literally manipulate Earth itself that is the only reason why she is even close to this. Plus she can manipulate Earth in accordance to her magic with nature but not bust it. Show me any individual feat in NNT surpassing moutain level.There is none.

Mael's dispersing the true Night spell only counts as reverse engineering a spell with its opposite nature with is daylight. CHandler isn't island busting nor country busting because he made the True Night spell and/or the SDS would have all been dead a long time ago against him alone, and yet they survived Chandler and them with none of their strongest members. True Night isn't even an attack it's some meaingless setup, nor something to be called a feat of power so dispersing it will not be taken as such either. There are no island let alone country level characters in NNT. EOS. Akainu literally one shots the entirety of them in a neg diff.

Stop it with the nonsense. The final villain literally turned into a multi mountain thing and they had to combine forces plus plot powers to beat it. Where was Mael to one shot it with his whatever " passive energy" or Mel who "massively outclasses him" ? Stop this absolute nonsense. Full counter won't work against Akainu. He is getting one shot.

I feel sorry for you...clown...

No Caption Provided

The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trippygod: Jozu's iceberg is not larger than that but he is right about Diane using earth magic to levitate that chunk though, her powers were described very early on in the series. So this feat doesn't really relate to Diane's strength or durability. She can't hit an actual character with mountain lvl power by her own strength. You can argue she might be mountain lvl if she drops a mountain on them.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingone said:

I feel sorry for you...clown...

No Caption Provided

Cry more clown. I knew you were going to shut your useless mouth when needed. You can't powerscale buddy.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lost_cleric: Pretimeskip Luffy with Haki is low diffing Naruto. Naruto was still Arlong Park level by beginning Shippuden. You have good points, but it's all meaningless when sentences like " One Piece is still much weaker than Naruto or Bleach" are uttered. That's circus joke level unfortunately.

Floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Floridaman29  Online

I come back to check on my thread and what's the first thing I see? A gif of a clown, lmao.

Jbreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I come back to check on my thread and what's the first thing I see? A gif of a clown, lmao.

Yes KingOne. Is the clown your talking about right

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By KingOne

@jbreezy said:
@floridaman29 said:

Yes KingOne. Is the clown your talking about right

It's crazy how clowns blabber the most.

Djibbo__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingone said:

Crazy how people are arguing Whitebeard's power when mere schichibukai fodder are CASUAL Island busters and Luffy has already been rated large country to continental already with KKG which Yonkos and Admirals rate FAR above Dressrossa Luffy. What Whitebeard did in MF was simply beyond cataclysmic that's all there was to it, which Akainu and all the Admirals are close to if not exactly at that level. Mel gets one shotted to oblivion EOS. He gets one shotted by Luffy too in base at that let alone any of the top tiers. This is a stomp.

No Caption Provided

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 EcoBlitz  Online

@mee09: you straight up lie about people on your post calling out people for lying about anime characters... the irony lol.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By EcoBlitz  Online

@kingone: can you show me pre skip luffy mountain busting? Skypea arc or before that to be more specific. I’d like to see an actual feat...

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Personally, I'd say Meliodas wins fairly handily as of now. Obviously, this could and probably will change in the future as both of these characters(especially Akainu) get more feats.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By KingOne

@ecoblitz: Huh ? Luffy busting an Alabasta town from the depth of the country. One shotting Arlong Park and bloodlusted Arlong himself with a single kick, knocking out Dorry (multi town buster) statuing lightning incarnate with TONS of gold attached to that very punch etc...Luffy been a monster.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By KingOne
@djibbo__ said:
@kingone said:

No Caption Provided

Another homeosexual that's butthurt. Now I know never to bother with you for sure. You are a waste.

Djibbo__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>gets called out for calling island level characters continental, cries at me for doing it.

ight buddy

Djibbo__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Disagreeing that luffy is contimental means being gay, you can catch me suckin 3 dicks

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By EcoBlitz  Online

@kingone: He didn’t destroy all of alabasta. He destroyed the bedrock under a couple of block at best. A manga scan easily proves that.

What Mountain level durability feat does arlong have? Post it.

Who is dorry?

Enel isn’t as fast as lightning in combat because literally the next arc luffy got blitzed by khalifa who’s best feat is reacting to lightning. That’s definitely out of the window.

How does him having tons of gold make him mountain level?

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 EcoBlitz  Online
crackshotboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meliodas clears the verse

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz said:

@kingone: He didn’t destroy all of alabasta. He destroyed the bedrock under a couple of block at best. A manga scan easily proves that.

What Mountain level durability feat does arming have? Post it.

Who is dorry?

Enel isn’t as fast as lightning in combat because literally the next arc luffy got blitzed by khalifa who’s best feat is reacting to lightning. That’s definitely out of the window.

How does him having tons of gold make him mountain level?

A guy who killed this sea king.

No Caption Provided

Djibbo__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnihater: What do you think about this?

In that shot we get a really good look at how far up the sea floor is elevated, as well as it's length and width. So there's no need to do anything with Tsunami's, just plug those values into a moment magnitide calculator and you're good to go.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By HitTheAssasin

@shirso:

I am aware of that, and I explained this in the second part of my post which you strangely ignored.

The second part of your post was focused on Tsunami length and width, which is irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Tsunami waves are much longer (dozens to 100's of km) and very short (only a few meters) out in the ocean but as they approach land, their height increases while their length and width decrease. WB's waves were not very long because they were close to land. The length of WB's waves as they were hitting MF is not much different from the waves of any irl Richter 9 quakes, but its height is massively greater. Ergo it's earthquake's power is >> Richter 9 quakes.

What you mean is that the speed, and by consequence, the wavelength decreases due to the water no longer being as deep. That's not important to the points I'm making though.

I don't think you can gauge the vertical slip, length and width of the fault from the size of its tsunami wave, and definitely not when the waves are close to land, since the wave gets deformed as it approaches land.

You probably can approximately, but that's not the point. You can gauge it with your eyes when talking about Whitebeard, because we literally get good looks at several of his quakes , including the one that sets off the Tsunami. Plugging in those values is far more reliable than using a Tsunami height calculator, which only calculates earthquake magnitude based on amplitude of the Tsunami and by proxy, vertical slip of the Earthquake. The Tsunami is irrelevant, that's my whole point. Scaling off of it's height alone means you must ignore and/or extrapolate other important factors, which I'd rather not do. Plugging explicit values into a seismic moment calculator based on explicit showings is far more reliable.

mevbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Omnihater

@hittheassasin:

that is the tsunamis, the rupture is not possible to see it, I cannot assume that the height of these tsunamis is the same as the one that was given on the tectonic plate.

You wanted a consistent tsunami, there's the scan, now explain why I can't use the other formula in this case? Because we can see the tsunami, no the tectonic plate.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 EcoBlitz  Online
EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 EcoBlitz  Online
Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside of speed Mel has Akainu beat in every sector, this is a stomp.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnihater: Those aren't Tsunami's. That's solid land jutting out of the ground causing those elevations in the water, because that's literally how Seaquakes work, and how they cause Tsunami's. You can use the amount of elevation displayed from the norm to conclude the distance the ground slipped upwards from there. The width and length are also visible. Use the values literally shown to us, and no issues will arise.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin:

You probably can approximately, but that's not the point.

You can't though, at least not by "guessing". To give the example of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, the vertical slip was about 40 meters, but the height of the waves out in the ocean was only about a few meters. The waves only became 40 meters when they hit ground. There's no correlation that a lay person like you or me can gauge by eyeballing between the dimensions of the original fault and the tsunami size at all, especially not when the wave hits ground.

You can gauge it with your eyes when talking about Whitebeard, because we literally get good looks at several of his quakes , including the one that sets off the Tsunami.

Wait what? As Omni also mentioned, we never get a look at the sea floor where the fault due to his earthquakes is actually taking place. We are only looking at the effects they have on the water level of the ocean like 10 km above where the actual fault is. Which is a terrible way to gauge the dimensions of the actual fault as explained, especially as all the tsunami waves we see are ones that are about to hit land.

The one where he creates the two tsunami waves, we can't even make out the extent of how much the landscape was deformed. Who knows how far away and of what magnitude the fault was? But something like this for instance, when he visually and violently tilts the entire landscape around MF:

No Caption Provided

Is I guarantee you far superior to what any irl earthquake has shown.

Plugging in those values is far more reliable than using a Tsunami height calculator, which only calculates earthquake magnitude based on amplitude of the Tsunami and by proxy, vertical slip of the Earthquake.

And you don't know the values of the actual fault on the sea floor which are giving rise to the tsunamis since you can't see them, neither in WB's case nor for that matter irl. How do you presume we find out the dimensions of the fault after an earthquake on the sea floor? Do we actually go to the ocean floor at that location? No, we extrapolate back from the tsunami size.

The Tsunami is irrelevant, that's my whole point. Scaling off of it's height alone means you must ignore and/or extrapolate other important factors, which I'd rather not do. Plugging explicit values into a seismic moment calculator based on explicit showings is far more reliable.

But the Tsunami is all we have, both here and irl. I don't see what's the need in extrapolating any values of the actual fault that we cannot even see when we have a direct point of comparison between WB and irl earthquakes, which would allow us to compare their magnitudes, namely the Tsunami wave when it hits ground.

When they hit ground, WB's tsunamis have the same length and width but dozens of times taller at least than Tsunami waves caused by Richter 9 earthquakes (country lvl). The size of the tsunami wave is a parameter that directly correlates to the magnitude of the sea quake that caused it, ergo we can say the magnitude of WB's sea quake >> magnitude of irl Richter 9 quakes.

That's as straightforward as it gets, a direct 1 to 1 comparison, without the need to plug in any values of the actual slip by "approximately" guessing.

Honestly at this point it seems you are just desperate to find any way to nitpick and debunk WB being country lvl, and it shows very clearly. This is like, what, your third attempt now?

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Omnihater

@hittheassasin:

no, you are still assuming things, that is not the level of the tectonic plates, when the tectonic plates are many kilometers below the sea, and as I have already explained to you. you cannot extrapolate what you see in the tsunami to the seismic moment of the earthquake, since There is no formula to do that.

the same if we assume that you say it is true (that it is not) the rupture displacement is usually 1/20000 of the lenght displacement, if you make proportion, and you see that shirohige's rupture displacement are kilometric, the lenght displacement is 20,000 times more than that, you put that in the seismic moment calculator and you get continental level.

https://www.src.com.au/earthquake-size/

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By KingOne

@ecoblitz: He destroyed a whole town of Alabasta from the depths of the country and lifted its bedrock apart. That's far above mountain level.

Arlong can lift houses and destroy buildings for fun with his teeth or nose he is far more durable than thick reinforced rock and all the giant beasts Luffy or Sanji or Zorro has one shot Arlong Park is a large building and Arlong was bloodlusted Luffy ended it all in one kick that's far above mountain level.

Enel is lightning speed you sad troll, and Kalifla and the CP9 are all far faster than him going into lightspeed territory depending on which agent. This clown is shocked that opponents post Skypea are faster and stronger than Enel, that's called power escalation buddy, Luffy had to literally power up and learn Gear 2nd and third to survive that arc you are a waste leave this website already.

Dorry is a multi town buster.

He statued Lightning incarnate with tons of golds on that very punch. Throw tons of anything at lightning statuing speed ( Enel had Obs Haki on top of that so this is pretty much near lightspeed) with elastic force and Luffy's own strenght at a mountain and see what happens if you know anything about physics ( which you don't clearly) and have a brain ( nice joke) then we are done here.

Now begone kid. Don't @me again you clown.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the moment people believe anyone in One piece is continental is the moment you know is time to close this.

KingOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By KingOne

@raziel2014: Luffy KKG : Busted island level attacks meteor stomping strings ( Haki less singular pairs of strings can do that) and split half a country with no direct contact or momentum but just sending a body over it. The mere shockwave from the attack went far past Dressrossa and created a cyclone. Had Luffy hit Dressorassa straight up with all his might he would have busted the country multiple time folds. Admirals Whitebeard and Yonkos rate above him some FAR above him. Whitebeard has been stated to be planetary and plenty of feats could be argued to be multi continental from Admirals and Yonkos. Hell Douglas Bullet alone showed multi country feats already and he was nerfed to no end. No buddy.