Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Zetsu-San
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Nicol Bolas has invaded the world of Ygdrassil. They know each other only by reputation. All summons are allowed, including floor guardians. Bolas is post-mending.

• Round 1: Random Encounter
  • Round 2: One Day of Prep
Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nicol Bolas trashes. Your talking about a guy who can move a star, physically and mentally warp on a planetary scale, and ash a massive planet. Ainz doesnt compare

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@banthabot: Eh, I don't think the star feat was all that impressive...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: of course you don't. Putting a star on a path to make it end up at a very specific point in the sky sixty years later is impressive and beyond Ainz

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5 higherpower  Moderator

Ainz has some brutal hax but I don't recall him doing anything quite on a herald tier level. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7 higherpower  Moderator

@banthabot: I am aware. My first reaction as not to back Ainz in this fight. But I don't know his light novel feats that well so I spoke tentatively. You and Zets should fight though, lol.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Ainz has already confirmed that he can use "Wish Upon a Star" to take someones special traits and abilities. Ainz also keeps a World-Item on himself, the power of which is equal to an entire reality, which is why each World-Item's hax is so broken. Ainz also confirmed a Tier 10 Illusion spell is capable of warping reality; an illusion so powerful it tricks the universe and becomes real.

Ainz can also stop time and insta-kill. And summon high-tier angels and the offspring of an Outer God. And all done without the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, which amps his stats heavily and augments the effectiveness of his Death/Ghost Magic and Necromancer abilities massively. The Staff is equal in power to a World-Item, just without the broken hax of one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Bolas is at the very lowest lowballing a planetary telepath. He has mentally and/or physically warped every species on Amonkhet except the sphinxes. On Alara it was heavily implied that he could turn Alara to ash which was after the five worlds combined into one. He knows pretty much every magic there is to know, including soul manipulation and time manipulation. He can do all the easy tricks like stopping, speeding up, and traveling through time, but he can also summon allies from alternative timelines, easily jump time lines himself, and see the many different possible futures. He has no shortage of summons like angels, demons, dragons ect.

Bolas has many ways to insta kill too. He's decimated the souls of every being older than a toddler in a massive city in a single spell. He one shots neigh-invulnerable beings with the most casual disdain. He can rip holes in reality or offset his body from reality. Given that Ainz is a magical fighter he may be in trouble if Bolas chooses to wield leylines. Ainz could be bound and drained or have his spells bent back on himself.

And finally Bolas has a plethora of sub-minds in his body meaning that he can do any number of the tricks I just mentioned simultaneously

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you are underestimating Bolas here, just a tad

@reikai said:

@banthabot: Ainz has already confirmed that he can use "Wish Upon a Star" to take someones special traits and abilities. Ainz also keeps a World-Item on himself, the power of which is equal to an entire reality, which is why each World-Item's hax is so broken.

And Bolas literally has his own stash of OP world level items from across the multiverse which he can planar bridge into the battle

Ainz can also stop time and insta-kill.

Bolas has experience with dealing with time quackery because of the events of Time Spiral, and can offset his body from reality. Even insta killing Bolas wouldn't likely be an issue, Bolas has died before and been fine with it. In fact the first time it happened he didn't even notice it IIRC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I don't think we are talking pre-mending

Well who said that :P

But the reality bit wasn't pre mending

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: pre-mending Bolas sneezes Ainz out of existence. He can create massive fissures in the multiverse before getting massively more powerful

LightShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LightShadows
@reikai said:

@banthabot: Ainz has already confirmed thathe can use "Wish Upon a Star" to take someones special traits and abilities. Ainz also keeps a World-Item on himself, the power of which is equal to an entire reality, which is why each World-Item's hax is so broken. Ainz also confirmed a Tier 10 Illusion spell is capable of warping reality; an illusion so powerful it tricks the universe and becomes real.

Evidence?

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolas.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evidence?

Overlord Vol3 Page 171.

When the wave subsided, Ainz realized that Wish Upon a Star in this world was something totally different from what it had been in Yggdrasil.

When he'd learned of Nfirea's talent, he had fantasized that maybe he could steal it using Wish Upon a Star, and it turned out that that was not off the mark. Wish Upon a Star had changed into a spell that could grant his wish. It did depend on how many experience points he spent, but it was a spell that could make the impossible possible. It had also transformed in this world so that by sacrificing five levels -- using 500 percent of his experience points -- it could grant more powerful wishes.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ainz curbstomps. Faster, auto-death spells, space/dimensional attacks, time stop, etc.

Avatar image for goblingrandpa77
GoblinGrandpa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoblinGrandpa77

Bolas Stomps. Even post-mending

1- The only battle experience that ainz has is PVP (and is not really experience because you won't die if you lose). The only strong opponent he have faced is Shalltear, and he had all the knowledge and the prep time. Bolas have faced many strong opponents with his life at stake and emerged victorious.

2- Bolas is far more intelligent. Ainz is average smart nerd, he leaves all the complicate plans to his subordinates and just play along with his luck and bullshit. He admitted he don't even know what he will do tomorrow. Bolas plans spread across the planes and the centuries and he have 20000 years of experience. Plus Bolas can easily read Ainz mind. He is a telepath so strong that he mind-raped Jace with little effort (which illusion works also on undead, by the way) and controlled even abstract being like the gods of Amonkhet.

3- Everything Ainz can do, Bolas can do better. Bolas is a powerful necromancer, a stronger telepath and also master of the fire element + is a Planeswalker so he can teleport, even through planes, and is immune to various spells and effect that normally hit creatures. He can resist stasis spell of a time mage, he knows many istant death spells and ways to counter them, he can warp reality and so on.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoblinGrandpa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: at least supersonic. But is difficult to compare with Bolas because in MTG fights speed was never the issue. If someone have mayor knowledge of Bolas speed feats feel free to step in

rocker_kanzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rocker_kanzuki
@reikai said:

@banthabot: Ainz has already confirmed that he can use "Wish Upon a Star" to take someones special traits and abilities. Ainz also keeps a World-Item on himself, the power of which is equal to an entire reality, which is why each World-Item's hax is so broken. Ainz also confirmed a Tier 10 Illusion spell is capable of warping reality; an illusion so powerful it tricks the universe and becomes real.

Ainz can also stop time and insta-kill. And summon high-tier angels and the offspring of an Outer God. And all done without the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, which amps his stats heavily and augments the effectiveness of his Death/Ghost Magic and Necromancer abilities massively. The Staff is equal in power to a World-Item, just without the broken hax of one.

Such items are common in the Lore of MTG, like the Golgothian Sylex, The Legacy weapon, The Mirrari, Mox Opal, Mindslaver to name a few. And despite that Staff is legendary, Bolas who exhibits the power of White(Holy) Magic and had a mastery of Red, he will just simply disenchant or shatter it or better yet use the Staff as his prize.

I @decaf_wizard said:

I think you are underestimating Bolas here, just a tad

@reikai said:

@banthabot: Ainz has already confirmed that he can use "Wish Upon a Star" to take someones special traits and abilities. Ainz also keeps a World-Item on himself, the power of which is equal to an entire reality, which is why each World-Item's hax is so broken.

And Bolas literally has his own stash of OP world level items from across the multiverse which he can planar bridge into the battle

Ainz can also stop time and insta-kill.

Bolas has experience with dealing with time quackery because of the events of Time Spiral, and can offset his body from reality. Even insta killing Bolas wouldn't likely be an issue, Bolas has died before and been fine with it. In fact the first time it happened he didn't even notice it IIRC

+1 to this: Just a correction, Bolas was only physically killed by Tetsuo Umezawa since Bolas's left his spirit on the Meditation Plane, in short his essence was trapped until such time he managed to revive himself and starts pawning a well known Chronomancer Planeswalker (yeah you guess it, its Teferi) and the walker of the night who is intially was thought unkillable(yeah its Leshrac), by killing a Japanese Night God(Myojin of the Night Reach) and uses its mask to trap that "unkillable" planeswalker and use his essence to close the Madaran rift.

@xlr87t3 said:

Ainz curbstomps. Faster, auto-death spells, space/dimensional attacks, time stop, etc.

Speed doesn't even matter to Bolas, the Elder Dragon, who had experienced dealing with such abilities is normal to him since the Elder Dragon Wars and his encounter with Ugin and Azor when he was still an OldWalker, the two are also Oldwalkers and planned to trap him in some space/dimension but was outwitted and Ugin get himself pawned. In his Post-Mending state he crushed the Gatewatch who is known for such feats. He became the god pharoah by a** kicking and forcing the gods of Amonkhet to worship him(yes, those Saint Seiya wankers can't do ***** to him as well if they will challenge Bolas). And please Bolas is more proficient and has mastery of Black(Unholy,Necro,Death,Demonic,Nerfing, Soul corruption, Life Steal, Disease, you know Unholy), Blue(Mind,Time, Space, Unsummoning and Countering such spells) and Red(Lightning, Fire, Shattering of Magical Equipment or artifacts, anything that goes boom), and since he was an Old Walker he is also exposed on doing White (yes, Holy/Angelic, Silence, Healing, Protection, Law and Balance magic) and Green (Nature, Forces of Nature).

So, no it can't be Ainz going for curbstomps, the space/dimensional attacks is counterable or can be nerfed or nullified. And yeah it will be otherway around, since Bolas who is been trapped before will just apply it to a foe that can be trapped in Blind Eternities or you can call it the void of the multiverses or just simply delete Ainz.

@goblingrandpa77 said:

@thenewguysnm1: at least supersonic. But is difficult to compare with Bolas because in MTG fights speed was never the issue. If someone have mayor knowledge of Bolas speed feats feel free to step in

Speed was never been a factor to MTG's lore, because such feats equivalent to speedsters always ends up nerfed or nullified, take note we are talking about Bolas here, and if we will include his Pre Mending state, then we should remember that the Oldwalkers go to one place to another with just their thought, just like how Urza keeps on assisting the Weatherlight crew by pretending to be the Blind Seer in either the universe/plane of Mercadia or Rath then goes suddenly back to the universe/plane of Dominaria in a blink of the eye just to debate with Barrin in Tolaria academy. So imagine what a Pre Mending Bolas can do who is more experienced and scheming than Urza.

I am going for Bolas here since he is more experienced on dealing such guys and if you will going to insist the equipment of the other guy I'll leave you with this things which reflects some Bolas's skills in the lore:

https://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Nicol+Bolas%2C+God-Pharaoh

https://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Nicol+Bolas%2C+Planeswalker

https://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Hour+of+Devastation

https://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Hour+of+Revelation

https://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Overwhelming+Splendor

GoblinGrandpa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocker_kanzuki: I don't think we are talking about pre-mending Bolas, he's just too OP and he will erase Ainz and his entire plane out of existence.

I think the version considered here is his weakest (pratically the recent stories of MTG) so Ainz can at least be toyed with. But I agree with you, Bolas stomps either way.

rocker_kanzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocker_kanzuki: I don't think we are talking about pre-mending Bolas, he's just too OP and he will erase Ainz and his entire plane out of existence.

I think the version considered here is his weakest (pratically the recent stories of MTG) so Ainz can at least be toyed with. But I agree with you, Bolas stomps either way.

Yup, I mean as a guy who played mtg during the 2000's and using type 1 decks back then, it is impossible to beat the kinds of Bolas, I mean no offense to those who don't know the lore but one of the main reason that they created the mending in Timespiral block is because, the old walkers are too powerful that there is no right opponent to deal with after Yawgmoth and the first Phyrexia was killed, plus their hax skills are so strong that if you try to pit someone from Sailor Moon or Saint Seiya or SSTGL will be a one sided in favor of the Old walkers So the authors just simply used the mending to nerf all of the planeswalkers. I mean, come on, they are the ones who started the word "Counter Target Spell" and "Target creature becomes 0/1 and loses all abilities", "Split Second". "Time Walk" and "Remove from the game" which is also the reflection of the characters' skills in the lore.