kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By kbroskywalker

@lordofthelight said:

Rebels Maul can legitimately dominate, and they have raised a mountain sized Jedi temple, on a LS Nexus. Maul going limp after dragging a 20 m shuttle pretty much pales in comparison.

Wait what? I though the inqusitors just manipulated mechanics inside?

If they can actually do that, this officially ends Rebels Maul vs SOD Maul.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@kbroskywalker

Did they? There is no evidence that that is the case though, and no-body aside from Jedi should know about the mechanisms anyways, so they probably did it on virtue of merit.

Still, you should verify.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By kbroskywalker

@lordofthelight said:

@kbroskywalker

Did they? There is no evidence that that is the case though, and no-body aside from Jedi should know about the mechanisms anyways, so they probably did it on virtue of merit.

Still, you should verify.

Well Darth Duelist's respect thread seems to agree with you but then again, it's darth duelist.

If they did it by virtue of their own merit, then Rebels Maul telekinetically crumples his Sod counterpart like a aluminum dathomirian can and Ahsoka stalemating Maul on a nexus should end any discussion to be had on this thread.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@kbroskywalker

Poked around a bit, and no. There is no such "mechanism" in place for lifting the temple. There is a hidden entrance to the temple, and the Jedi lift the temple, telekinetically, which also rotates in a particular direction to reveal the underground entrance.

So, Kanan and Ezra did it on the virtue of their own power. So did the Inquisitors.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker

Poked around a bit, and no. There is no such "mechanism" in place for lifting the temple. There is a hidden entrance to the temple, and the Jedi lift the temple, telekinetically, which also rotates in a particular direction to reveal the underground entrance.

So, Kanan and Ezra did it on the virtue of their own power. So did the Inquisitors.

Well then, Ahsoka vs TCW Maul goes something like this:

https://youtu.be/W9_v8GtZuv8?t=2m9s

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, as much as it pains me to say it, probably Ahsoka.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight said:

@kbroskywalker

I generally don't touch Rebels characters.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:
@lordofthelight said:

@kbroskywalker

I generally don't touch Rebels characters.

Oh yea! well, well,

Kenobi is sub-jango trash

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker

Still Dooku+ in the force. Who is also sub-(dozen random pirates) level.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker

Still Dooku+ in the force. Who is also sub-(dozen random pirates) level.

How can Kenobi be Dooku+ when he's sub-Hondo? 12 pirates>1 pirate lightman.

This is the first time I've seen you engage in banter. You should try it more.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kbroskywalker: Never stalemated him on a DS cause there are no nexus’ in Canon. Nice try.

She was never called authoritatively superior to him. Nice try.

He doesn’t need the starwars.com quote to beat her, it just helps.

I should be asking you that question.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By kbroskywalker

@thevivas:

Never stalemated him on a DS cause there are no nexus’ in Canon. Nice try.

Uh, said who?

Gilroy implied Malachor was a nexus, it's been implied Dahomir was a nexus, and it's been explicitly stated that force temples "radiate" with force energy:

The Jedi temple Kanan brings Ezra to is located in Lothal's highlands. The energy of the Force radiates from the central temple spire. Ezra listens to the secrets of the ruins as he presses his hands upon the icy stone. He senses that the temple will allow both him and Kanan to enter.

Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles

Redheathen is not an official source bro.

She was never called authoritatively superior to him. Nice try.

That's exactly what she was implied to be bro:

"We used to have this problem in Clone Wars when we would try to put Yoda in a story and it would be like, “Yeah, if Yoda’s there, this isn’t really a problem is it?” That’s because Yoda’s going to go in there and kick everyone’s butt. We all felt that Ahsoka, the only person that could really match her in this time period, blow for blow, would be Vader or the Emperor."

Feloni, http://www.starwars.com/news/dave-filoni-interview-star-wars-rebels-season-two-part-1

And for the record, the specification of this referring to only imperial opponents is alluded to nowhere in the two paragraphs that are used to answer this question. Also, so we don't have any forced contradictions, matching someone is not the same as being matched by someone.

He doesn’t need the starwars.com quote to beat her, it just helps.

I'd think he does since the only time their fight ever went in either's favor was

A. when Ahsoka sent Maul flailing backwards

B. when Ahsoka drove Maul back

I should be asking you that question.

How can I ignore evidence you haven't even presented?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kbroskywalker: Says Star Wars Canon. You can’t bring “it’s implied to be a nexus” and expect it to actually be evidence. You’re gonna have to do better than that, so no, she didn’t drive him back on a nexus.

Why would I take Redheathen’s word as an official source?

Yeah I’ve seen you regurgitate that quote around for a while now, and it still does nothing to suggest she’s authoritatively above him.

No he doesn’t need he quote because

A. Their duel was inconclusive

B. Their duel was inconclusive

You can’t seriously expect me or anyone else to believe Ahsoka > Maul because she “pushed him back”.

You literally tried to brush the starwars.com quote aside earlier because it disagrees with your interpretation of Ahoska’s feats, so that for starters.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By kbroskywalker

@thevivas:

Says Star Wars Canon. You can’t bring “it’s implied to be a nexus” and expect it to actually be evidence. You’re gonna have to do better than that, so no, she didn’t drive him back on a nexus.

Star Wars Canon never said nexuses don't exist. I'm also unwilling to set aside logical inferences as if you need something to be explicitly stated for you to believe it, you'll find that you'll be unable to argue just about anything. Evidence works in arguments because we frame arguments based on logical inferences from the evidence we provide.

That said, here's some evidence as it seems I'm the only one willing to try to provide some here:

"can you explain/justify/defend the inquisitors being able to fly on their spinning lightsabers"

Henry Gilroy: "There's an A answer and there's a B answer. The A answer is usually my go to easiest answer which is that you have to ask Dave Filoni. The B answer I would say is a longer mythological discussion and it relates specifically to Malachor, and how it is the home of this Sith Temple."

The inqusitors are able to unlock a new ability specifically on Malachor, specifically because of a sith temple. If the inqusitors are amplified to being able to fly, it stands to reason an actual sith would be amplified by a sith temple.

Furthermore, supplementary material regarding the preceding episode tells us temples have extra force energy:

The Jedi temple Kanan brings Ezra to is located in Lothal's highlands. The energy of the Force radiates from the central temple spire. Ezra listens to the secrets of the ruins as he presses his hands upon the icy stone. He senses that the temple will allow both him and Kanan to enter.

Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles

So again, I'm going to need you to quote me on star wars canon saying nexuses don't exist in canon.

Why would I take Redheathen’s word as an official source?

Because she's the only source for the claim "nexuses don't exist in canon".

Yeah I’ve seen you regurgitate that quote around for a while now, and it still does nothing to suggest she’s authoritatively above him.

Is Maul a character in the time period of Rebels?

Is Maul mentioned among the "only people" who can match Ahsoka "blow for blow" at this point?

If your answer to the above questions are yes, then this quote does indeed suggest Ahsoka is >Maul. The only context that applies to this statement is it's specifically regarding how to utilize Ahsoka in a story, hence the quote exempts characters like Ben Kenobi or post-rots Yoda who would never be considered to face Ahsoka in a fight.

A. Their duel was inconclusive

B. Their duel was inconclusive

Neither of which prove:

Rebels Maul beats Rebels Ahsoka.

Try to remember what you're arguing here bro.

You can’t seriously expect me or anyone else to believe Ahsoka > Maul because she “pushed him back”.

No, I expect you to believe Ahsoka>Maul because

A. She sent him flailing backwards with superior strength

B. She drove him back despite Maul being the more offensive fighter

C. Maul, unlike Ahsoka, failed to garner any advantage whatsoever despite being on a place implied to boost darksiders.

D. The creator of the show lists the potential opponents who can match her during this time period and leaves Maul off the list

Ahsoka is> Maul by virtue of direct comparison, statements, and explicit holistic intent.

The only way you can arrive at Maul>Ahsoka is if you put your finger in your ears, cry "blah blah blah", and refuse to accept any evidence that doesn't fit an opinion you've already decided on regardless of the evidence.

You literally tried to brush the starwars.com quote aside earlier because it disagrees with your interpretation of Ahoska’s feats, so that for starters.

I brush it aside because it never says Maul is stronger than Ahsoka, only that he's the best choice to protect Ezra. This can be due to a variety off reasons, like Maul knowing the temple. Also, even if we took that inference you're drawing from it to be true, it would only apply to Malachor, not a bout on even footing which Feloni has told us Maul isn't an exact equal for Ahsoka in.

Also, neat double standards here buddy:

You can’t bring “it’s implied to be a nexus” and expect it to actually be evidence.

So is logical inference ok or not? Or does the answer change depending on whether or not it favors your stance?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: post the feat if you would.

So we can dine in SOD Maul's corpse

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers