Dooku wins with moderate difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-619c434aa2090
deactivated-619c434aa2090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dooku and this is not close. Prime Ahsoka was stalemated by a post-prime Maul.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku and this is not close. Prime Ahsoka was stalemated by a post-prime Maul.

Prime Ahsoka is mando. Plus in Rebels Pre Prime Ahsoka almost stalemates Vader in a with Nexus. And when did Maul beat her?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali:

• Source about Mando Ahsoka>Rebels Ahsoka ? And even so this really change nothing.
  • She did not "almost stalemated Vader" she was clearly losing against a Vader who was looking arguably for the capture rather than kill at first
  • Source about the Vader being amped "by a nexus" during their duel ?
  • Maul stalemated her he did not beat her in Rebels, in TCW he was clearly stronger than her during their duel in S7 and only lost because he was trying to force her to join him instead of killing her, and S7 Maul was not Prime Maul.
Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali:

• Source about Mando Ahsoka>Rebels Ahsoka ? And even so this really change nothing.
  • She did not "almost stalemated Vader" she was clearly losing against a Vader who was looking arguably for the capture rather than kill at first
  • Source about the Vader being amped "by a nexus" during their duel ?
  • Maul stalemated her he did not beat her in Rebels, in TCW he was clearly stronger than her during their duel in S7 and only lost because he was trying to force her to join him instead of killing her, and S7 Maul was not Prime Maul.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-master-jedi-dave-filoni/

This shows you she’s at her prime

She went blow to blow with Vader count the blows each of them got (I have)

No Caption Provided

It’s a nexus

Plus she clearly beat Maul in their little Skirmish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali:

• The source never adress fighting skills, duelist capacity or force power. The source explain how Ahsoka improved in knowledge and that she is more wise and mature. There is no mention of fighting skills, force mastery or nothing of the sort here. That would be like saying that Old man Kenobi is stronger than ROTS Kenobi because he his more wise and knowledgeable. I don't deny that her becoming stronger is a real possibility but we have no confirmation of that yet, and even so we have literally zero idea on how she compare to her Rebels self and how much stronger she is
  • I know it is a nexus but there is no proof or evidences that Vader was notably amped by it. Canon describe that Nexus MIGHT affect force-users but it was never established if either Vader or Maul was amped by it, this depends on the circumstances and how much you are affected by it is very very contextual . The fact that Filoni himself never stated or suggested anything of the sort about Vader, make it clear that there is no solid reason to think Vader (or even Maul in a sense) was amped to any significant degree by the nexus.
No Caption Provided

• Again she was clearly losing against Vader when the later was arguably not even trying to kill her but rather capture her. Vader was using his standard tactic , overpowering and outlasting his opponent. I don't disagree that Ahsoka performance was impressive, but this is clearly not enough to make her stand on the same spot as Dooku, let alone beat him.
  • How she clearly beat Maul in their fight during Rebels ?
Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mo_Ali

@epicstoic said:

@mo_ali:

• The source never adress fighting skills, duelist capacity or force power. The source explain how Ahsoka improved in knowledge and that she is more wise and mature. There is no mention of fighting skills, force mastery or nothing of the sort here. That would be like saying that Old man Kenobi is stronger than ROTS Kenobi because he his more wise and knowledgeable. I don't deny that her becoming stronger is a real possibility but we have no confirmation of that yet, and even so we have literally zero idea on how she compare to her Rebels self and how much stronger she is
  • I know it is a nexus but there is proof or evidences that Vader was notably amped by it. Canon describe that Nexus MIGHT affect force-users but it was never established if either Vader or Maul was amped by it, this depends on the circumstances and how much you are affected by it is very very contextual . The fact that Filoni himself never stated or suggested anything of the sort about Vader, make it clear that there is no solid reason to think Vader (or even Maul in a sense) was amped to any significant degree by the nexus.
No Caption Provided
  • Again she was clearly losing against Vader when the later was arguably not even trying to kill her but rather capture her. Vader was using his standard tactic , overpowering and outlasting his opponent. I don't disagree that Ahsoka performance was impressive, but this is clearly not enough to make her stand on the same spot as Dooku, let alone beat him.
  • How she clearly beat Maul in their fight during Rebels ?

The brief skirmish between Maul and Ahsoka was not even a proper battle it was like Kannan v Maul.

Even disregarding Malachor as a nexus I’d say rebels Vader is just a bit above Rebels Ahsoka.

In NewHope I honestly think Old Ben would’ve been stronger than ROtS but humans weaken after a certain age. Ahsoka a togruta reaches her mental and physical prime in Mando so it’s safe to say Mando Ahsoka > Rebels

So Mando Ahsoka>=Rebels Vader ( considering not nexus equal. considering nexus above) and Rebels Vader> Dooku

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10 frozen  Moderator

Dooku wins. He is better almost every way. To be honest I'm not really convinced that scaling from a fight with Vader she very soundly lost is enough to put her on the tier of Dooku or the likes of Anakin and Yoda.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frozen  Moderator

@mo_ali:

Rebels Vader> Dooku

Dark side Anakin would also beat Ashoka so the point is moot.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahsoka wins as of Rebels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali:

• Can't agree with you there. Kanan vs Maul was not even a proper fight in a sense as you say, while Maul vs Ahsoka was clearly a standard duel for Star Wars canon. Duels on average are between one minute and three minute. Ahsoka and Maul fit in that, and neither seems to have the clear advantage.
  • Malachor is clearly a Nexus I don't disagree with that. I disagree with the fact that we should assume that the Nexus amped Vader to any relevant degree when it is clear by the canon that "Nexus amp" are very contextual and not consistent.
  • Well ROTS Obi-Wan was clearly stronger, not only as you say he was in his physical prime but he was also a extremely active Jedi General and actively fighting across the galaxy. While Old Man Kenobi was not only old but he was unactive for a considerable moment and therefore rusty (as far as we know)
  • When was it stated that Ahsoka reached her physical prime in Mando ? By the point of Rebels she was already a full grown and experienced force-user in terms of physical capacity and conditioning.
  • You really think that Ahsoka is stronger than Vader lol ? Did you read the comics ?
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frozen  Moderator

@mo_ali: @epicstoic:

ROTS Obi is confirmed superior to ANH Ben by 2 canon sources. See spoiler block:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Old Ben also gets tired from climbing a hill in the comics.

The novel From A Certain Point of View also makes clear that Ben had no chance of beating Vader.

This is what ANH Ben says at the time of his death in Disney canon

"Your powers are weak, old man." Our lightsabers clash. I try to push forward, only to be thrust violently back. It's like striking iron. There's no give in Vader's arms, and far too much in mine.

"You should not have come back," Vader tells me.

My resources are depleted, my body screaming with pain. I have no hope of winning this fight.

--I'm forced back, muscle burning, breath ragged. The grip of my lightsaber is slick in my hands, my ears ringing. -

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali:

• Can't agree with you there. Kanan vs Maul was not even a proper fight in a sense as you say, while Maul vs Ahsoka was clearly a standard duel for Star Wars canon. Duels on average are between one minute and three minute. Ahsoka and Maul fit in that, and neither seems to have the clear advantage.
  • Malachor is clearly a Nexus I don't disagree with that. I disagree with the fact that we should assume that the Nexus amped Vader to any relevant degree when it is clear by the canon that "Nexus amp" are very contextual and not consistent.
  • Well ROTS Obi-Wan was clearly stronger, not only as you say he was in his phiscal prime but he was also a extremely active Jedi General and actively fighting across the galaxy. While Old Man Kenobi was not only old but he was unactive for a considerable moment and therefore rusty (as far as we know)
  • When was it stated that Ahsoka reached her physical prime in Mando ? By the point of Rebels she was already a full grown and experienced force-user in terms of physical capacity and conditioning.
  • You really think that Ahsoka is stronger than Vader lol ? Did you read the comics ?

Ahsoka is said to be a master in Mando while in Rebels she’s almost a knight. Always Jedi masters are in their prime (Windu, Yoda, Obi) and before the Anakin point, Vader>ROTS Anakin thus Master Anakin (Vader) > Knight (ROTS).

And the user above point reiterates what i said about Obi (He was mentally stronger physically weaker)

I think OT Vader> Ahsoka (Mando)> Rebels Vader.>Dooku

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@mo_ali: Obi is past his prime in ANH. He has physically declined and so have his saber skills.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@mo_ali: Obi is past his prime in ANH. He has physically declined and so have his saber skills.

That’s my point while Obi declined, Snipps reaches peace physicality in Mando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali: Again, there is literally zero source or quote suggesting that she is a better fighter. Yes she is "superior" mental wise , but this doesn't automatically equate to being stronger as a whole, and even if it is the case, we can't know how much Ahsoka improved between Mando and Rebels.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dooku should win but Ahsoka can give him a good fight

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

Avatar image for deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d
deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TCW Dooku isn't his prime, that's ROTS, and Dooku wins this.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator
EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Ahsoka wins but barely. Both are nearly equal in sabers, but Dooku has a slight edge in the force.

I give the fight to Ahsoka because I believe contending with Vader on a nexus is more impressive than losing to Anakin (a weaker opponent) in less time.

Also lol at Dooku “stomping” that’s canonically false.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku with low difficulty

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku does not win with low difficulty in my opinion. Ahsoka's feat in nearly stalemating Vader and ragdolling two inquisitors is enough to say that Dooku will not win without a good fight.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator

Dooku does not win with low difficulty in my opinion. Ahsoka's feat in nearly stalemating Vader and ragdolling two inquisitors is enough to say that Dooku will not win without a good fight.

"Nearly stalemating"

She decisively lost...

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By turtleman1878

@frozen: It is true that Ahsoka would have lost if Ezra didn't interfere, but holding her own against Vader for a few minutes is considered a near stalemate in my mind.

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@turtleman1878 said:

"Nearly stalemating"

She decisively lost...

2 times.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@turtleman1878 said:

"Nearly stalemating"

She decisively lost...

No she didn’t she decisively force checked Vader twice and died because she had to escape the blast

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Y’all really troll with Ahsoka. If Vader couldn’t stomp her on a nexus, Dooku isn’t coming anywhere close to stomping.

I give it to Mando Ahsoka barely like 5.5/10, but saying Dooku “stomps” just tells me you don’t really actually care about proper in universe scaling.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen said:

Y’all really troll with Ahsoka. If Vader couldn’t stomp her on a nexus, Dooku isn’t coming anywhere close to stomping.

I give it to Mando Ahsoka barely like 5.5/10, but saying Dooku “stomps” just tells me you don’t really actually care about proper in universe scaling.

Can you quantify the nexus "amp"? I'd be very interested to know whether it amped Vader, and exactly how much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer: As I suspected, thanks. Malachor had been a dead world for centuries, possibly even millennia.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 frozen  Moderator

@breakofdawn: What are your thoughts on the Ashoka v Vader showing btw?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Vader clearly dominated her beyond the opening strikes, where Ahsoka had the advantage due to her form being best suited for fighting bigger opponents per Filoni himself. Once he recovered, she was forced to dodge and retreat whilst blocking. He drove her out of the entrance, along the side, and then off in 32 seconds.

He didn't stomp, but he clearly had the upper hand beyond the first 5 or so strikes

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: sure it says “may”, but to me the intent is clear, and the word “may” doesn’t just mean possibly it also means are allowed to or are granted access to. Maul literally contended with and stalemated a near Vader level opponent while “rusty” on Malachor. Maul in TCW isn’t even on Anakin’s level, let one what was intended to be “prime Vader” so he was obviously amped. No rusty character in Star Wars canon can contend with or defeat Vader other than Sidious tier characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: sure it says “may”, but to me the intent is clear, and the word “may” doesn’t just mean possibly it also means are allowed to or are granted access to. Maul literally contended with and stalemated a near Vader level opponent while “rusty” on Malachor. Maul in TCW isn’t even on Anakin’s level, let one what was intended to be “prime Vader” so he was obviously amped. No rusty character in Star Wars canon can contend with or defeat Vader other than Sidious tier characters.

Maul was noted to be "in the Vader realm" by Filoni. As for intent, that isn't from the episode, so it's intent can't be applied to the planet that had been a dead world for hundreds if not thousands of years.

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: in the Vader “realm” is unquantifiable as a feat.

Retcons exist in Star Wars as well as every other form of media, so now everything in the episode is recontextualized.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banditarla: First, I clearly distinguished between the opening strikes where he's caught off guard by her style and the main part of the fight, hence why I highlighted the point at which she lands after leaping at him and they continue their duel. Second, of the part I highlighted, 40 seconds of that is an interaction between Ezra and Kanan, which I chose to omit as it occurs concurrently. I've already explained my reasoning for excluding the first exchange:

Vader clearly dominated her beyond the opening strikes, where Ahsoka had the advantage due to her form being best suited for fighting bigger opponents per Filoni himself. Once he recovered, she was forced to dodge and retreat whilst blocking. He drove her out of the entrance, along the side, and then off in 32 seconds.

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku ez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: in the Vader “realm” is unquantifiable as a feat.

Retcons exist in Star Wars as well as every other form of media, so now everything in the episode is recontextualized.

Maul in TCW isn’t even on Anakin’s level, let one what was intended to be “prime Vader” so he was obviously amped.

^ You said this. Being in the general range of Vader disputes this. As for the idea of it being retconned, this is headcanon, unfortunately. Malachor had been a dead world for centuries. There's no indication given even within the episode that the Dark Side can still provide a passive amp to its users.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so i think everyone agrees Vader>ROTS Anakin.

Anakin handily beat Dooku while both were Prime.

Pre Prime Ahsoka almost stalemated Prime Vader

:. Prime Ahsoka beats Dooku though its a good battle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banditarla: What? How would he be caught off guard...he taught her that style and they were having a long staring contest before that with sabers activated. This is way too much headcanon to try and discredit her performance. Their fight was literally as fair as it could get.

Where did I say the fight wasn't fair? My point was that Ahsoka was able to exploit her lessons on fighting bigger foes to gain a brief edge over Vader, dancing around his strikes and then sending him skidding back with a Force Push. Once he recovered, he continued to dominate her.

but...why?

This was the part of your comment I was referring to:

The underlined is objectively wrong. You're basing this off the Youtube clip which doesn't take into account the off-screen portion which for some reason you chose to "omit".

What is happening in the conversation is happening adjacent to the fight, and begins before they've even left the doorway through which Ahsoka came. Yes, I did get the timeframe slightly wrong, which was my mistake. It's around 40 seconds, not 32.

Yes, she lost decisively, but her performance is more impressive than you're making it out to be - part of that was her weave and bob fighting style being suited for Vader's but Dooku's best feats, besting Obi-Wan is partially due to stylistic advantage as well. It shouldn't discredit feats altogether.

1) Where did I claim it wasn't an impressive showing?

2) Dooku has never had a "stylistic advantage" over Obi-Wan.

3) My point with the first exchange was to highlight how Ahsoka is able to briefly gain the upper hand. That is all.