Tcw maul

Rots Obi

Rots Anakin

Morals on, in character

I know i'm back with the ahsoka threads 😂

#3 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Posted by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Obi-Wan and Darth Maul are in the same ballpark, but Anakin is stronger than Ahsoka.

#5 Edited by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr: how about if i do a little swap and make it ahsoka and obi vs Darth Maul and anakin?

#6 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2604 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahsoka can hold off Anakin while Obi Wan beats Maul. Then when Obi Wan is done he helps Ahsoka.

Team 1 6/10

#7 Edited by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

how about if i do a little swap and make it ahsoka and obi vs Darth Maul and anakin?

It's implied Maul > Ahsoka as per starwars.com. I'd say Maul should beat Ahsoka faster than Obi-Wan beats Anakin, given Kenobi's defensive style (some would even dispute Obi-Wan's victory). It's gonna be interesting to watch Ahsoka fight Maul in TCW final season, though. It might shake things up a bit.

#8 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr: what makes you say maul can dispose of ahsoka so quickly??

On a side not: I can't wait for clone wars

#9 Edited by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@mustafa-28: Not quickly at all, Ahsoka can give him a very good fight (and she will in TCW). But Obi-Wan's fight with Anakin is the longest in the saga, so it's likely that Maul v Ahsoka would be over sooner.

#10 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr: ah sorry for misinterpreting

#11 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (2604 posts) - - Show Bio

It appears as a padawan Ahsoka could stalemate Maul from the trailers (Clone Wars maul is his prime iirc), and the Clone Wars is FAR FAR from Ahsoka’s prime. If Ahsoka beats him there it will debunk the statement that Maul beat her because on this site feats > statements (usually)

OT:

By feats team 1 should win because stalemating Vader is better than anything Maul has done so Ahsoka should be able to beat him (by only feats). And Obi Wan should be able to counter Anakin long enough for Ahsoka to come help him.

By statements: Team 2 in a good fight

#12 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: It appears as a padawan Ahsoka could stalemate Maul from the trailers (Clone Wars maul is his prime iirc), and the Clone Wars is FAR FAR from Ahsoka’s prime. If Ahsoka beats him there it will debunk the statement that Maul beat her because on this site feats > statements (usually)

Ngl, if it happens I'm just going to laugh.

OT: Kenobi beats Maul in a great fight while Ahsoka hold Anakin off for long enough for Obi-Wan to help her beat him. Then again, the opposite could certainly happen.

#13 Edited by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@mustafa-28: Because it'll be hilarious seeing everyone who claims Ahsoka can't compete with Maul by Rebels trying to explain it if Ahsoka goes toe to toe with him for a while well before her prime while he's in his.

#15 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: well we never got a definitve answer in rebels so we will get it in tcw

#16 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#18 Edited by Redshift_Bacon (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Anakin was conflicted during his fight on Mustafar his normal RoTS self is much more powerful. Even Obi Wan was able to cancel out his force push.

If all characters have killer intent then I can see Team 2 winning 7/10, but if Morals are on and its In-Character then I could see obi wan or ahsoka holding off Anakin until Maul is put down and in the case it is in-Character I could see the fight going either way.

#19 Edited by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@redshift_bacon said:

Anakin was conflicted during his fight on Mustafar his normal RoTS self is much more powerful.

I don't think that's true. He looked angry and determined to kill Obi-Wan, with some canonical sources to back it up:

Obi-Wan realized that nothing could convince Anakin to return to the light. All Anakin felt now was hatred.

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

The two former friends ignited their lightsabers and charged.

--Revenge of the Sith Read-Along Storybook.

Both powerful and evenly matched, the two former friends dueled to a stalemate until Anakin attempted to leap over his old Master, which Obi-Wan warned him not to try. The new Sith, filled with rage and hubris, ignored these pleas; Obi-Wan severed his legs and arm.

--Databank: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

On the lava planet Mustafar, where he had been sent to assassinate Separatist leaders, Vader battled his former Master and friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin fought with an aggressive ferocity, ignoring Obi-Wan's pleas to come to his senses.

--Databank: Darth Vader.

#20 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr: Well Anakin definitely had intent to kill but he was clearly conflicted. Padme had nearly been able to bring him to reason just moments before and although he was clearly enraged at Obi-Wan's Arrival and his Wife's assumed Betrayal, he still did have strong feelings for his former Master. I misspoke though. What I meant was, RoTS Vader > RoTS Anakin, but that RoTS Vader was still not completely immersed in the Dark Side, and HAD he been, his fight with Obi Wan would have gone very differently.

#21 Posted by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@redshift_bacon said:

What I meant was, RoTS Vader > RoTS Anakin, but that RoTS Vader was still not completely immersed in the Dark Side, and HAD he been, his fight with Obi Wan would have gone very differently.

Okay then.

#22 Posted by Richard96 (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 solidly. A better matchup would have been Obi and anakin vs maul and Ashoka .

#23 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@richard96: LOL..?

How so?

TCW Maul is well below both Ahsoka and Obi Wan, and Obi Wan can match Anakin.

#24 Edited by Richard96 (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

@redshift_bacon:

“TCW Maul is well below both Ahsoka”

Even rebels maul was stronger than ahsoka.

“and Obi Wan”

TCW maul and ROTS kenobi are more or less equals.

Anyway, I messed up the previous comment. I meant a better matchup would have been Anakin (the MVP) and Ahsoka (weakest here) vs Kenobi and Maul.

#25 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@richard96: wait? Kenobi in ROTS was more or less equal to Anakin so I’m pretty sure he is above the maul no? And Ahsoka and maul are pretty much the same in their prime (in canon) with maul having a slight edge so I think this is an even matchup

#26 Posted by Richard96 (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

@mustafa-28:

“wait? Kenobi in ROTS was more or less equal to Anakin so I’m pretty sure he is above the maul no?”

Kenobi and Anakin weren’t more or less equal as of ROTS. Anakin was already stronger.

“And Ahsoka and maul are pretty much the same in their prime (in canon) with maul having a slight edge so I think this is an even matchup”

Ahsoka and Rebels maul are pretty much equals with a slight edge to maul. TCW maul > Rebels maul.

#27 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Legit every top-tier fight Ahsoka has in TCW is PIS, bar the Mortis one. With all that backing her, she probably solos this.

#28 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2604 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_tenebrous: Yea....I think she was the only Padawan to ever hold her own against Grevious lmao. I mean she was strong back then, but I don’t think she was strong enough to do that while she was still a padawan

#29 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen:

I totally agree she has a strong connection to the Force, and was one of the better Padawans of the era, on the fast track towards becoming a Jedi Knight. But she was pulling off feats even Padawan Anakin could not replicate. Unfortunately, TCW is replete with PIS showings.

#30 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18097 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul and Anakin should win, with Anakin being the MVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353
#31 Edited by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-wan's Peak is basically Maul...until the End of ROTS when he gets special training from his old master.

Obi-wan gains a massive buff from training with his old master. Anakin Stomps Ahsoka pretty easily.

#32 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr said:

@redshift_bacon said:

Anakin was conflicted during his fight on Mustafar his normal RoTS self is much more powerful.

I don't think that's true. He looked angry and determined to kill Obi-Wan, with some canonical sources to back it up:

Obi-Wan realized that nothing could convince Anakin to return to the light. All Anakin felt now was hatred.

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

The two former friends ignited their lightsabers and charged.

--Revenge of the Sith Read-Along Storybook.

Both powerful and evenly matched, the two former friends dueled to a stalemate until Anakin attempted to leap over his old Master, which Obi-Wan warned him not to try. The new Sith, filled with rage and hubris, ignored these pleas; Obi-Wan severed his legs and arm.

--Databank: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

On the lava planet Mustafar, where he had been sent to assassinate Separatist leaders, Vader battled his former Master and friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin fought with an aggressive ferocity, ignoring Obi-Wan's pleas to come to his senses.

--Databank: Darth Vader.

LMFAO...you again....Ight hold on.

during their Duel Anakin was conflicted, them Being evenly matched was because they had many years training together. Obi-wan knew Anakin's Fighting style, In that Fight, Anakin was clearly far stronger and more powerful than Obi-wan. a Random encounter between Anakin and Obi-wan with no knowledge of each other fighting style will end with Anakin Stomping Obi-wan. who has been claimed as one of the worst weakest masters in the Jedi order....But because of Obi-wan's Dedication and training, he built an almost impenetrable defense.

#33 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11785 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Edited by RGR (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101 said:

during their Duel Anakin was conflicted,

Canon material (and the movie) portrays Anakin as feeling only hatred and being filled with rage.

@mygod101 said:

them Being evenly matched was because they had many years training together. Obi-wan knew Anakin's Fighting style, In that Fight,

I'm aware of that. Never claimed Anakin wasn't the superior combatant, but in a direct confrontation between the two, which was the one thing I was talking about, Obi-Wan can match him due to knowing Anakin's style.

@mygod101 said:

a Random encounter between Anakin and Obi-wan with no knowledge of each other fighting style will end with Anakin Stomping Obi-wan. who has been claimed as one of the worst weakest masters in the Jedi order....

Quote for Obi-Wan being one of the weakest Jedi Masters?

#35 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr said:
@mygod101 said:

during their Duel Anakin was conflicted,

Canon material (and the movie) portrays Anakin as feeling only hatred and being filled with rage.

@mygod101 said:

them Being evenly matched was because they had many years training together. Obi-wan knew Anakin's Fighting style, In that Fight,

I'm aware of that. Never claimed Anakin wasn't the superior combatant, but in a direct confrontation between the two, which was the one thing I was talking about, Obi-Wan can match him due to knowing Anakin's style.

@mygod101 said:

a Random encounter between Anakin and Obi-wan with no knowledge of each other fighting style will end with Anakin Stomping Obi-wan. who has been claimed as one of the worst weakest masters in the Jedi order....

Quote for Obi-Wan being one of the weakest Jedi Masters?

the fact that Obi-wan was the least Talented of the Jedi, he was only getting by because of his Stone Wall Defense. If you don't know this then you don't know Star Wars. As I said he got somewhat Good because he practiced all the time, and trained.

Let the Record show when Obi-wan was Anakin's from Episode 3 age, his best then was Maul he only won because maul was foolish in the fight at the end.

LMFAO...Obi-Wans Style is waiting for his opponent to "fuck up" and tire them out. Anakin stomps that old man.

#36 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101:

Lol, Anakin was not conflicted. He was angry beyond belief, consumed by hatred. He just ended up losing focus. His anger blocked out his judgement, and he lost. This doesn't negate the fact that Obi-Wan matched him the entire duel. Obi-Wan's knowledge of Anakin's fighting style is irrelevent, as Anakin too knew Obi-Wan's style.

Obi-Wan was massively hindered by his overwhelming grief at Anakin's fall, and it's confirmed that he was holding back the entire time. Meanwhile Vader was circumstantially rage-amped and any conflict he might have had would have further amplified his abilities.

Clearly Vader was the better but to pretend the two are anything less than narrowly matched fighters is frankly 100% incorrect.

#37 Posted by Mo_Ali (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi mvp for a victory for team 1.

#38 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

With an amp they could win.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
#39 Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, Ahsoka is a bit of a weak link

#40 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mygod101:

Lol, Anakin was not conflicted. He was angry beyond belief, consumed by hatred. He just ended up losing focus. His anger blocked out his judgement, and he lost. This doesn't negate the fact that Obi-Wan matched him the entire duel. Obi-Wan's knowledge of Anakin's fighting style is irrelevent, as Anakin too knew Obi-Wan's style.

Obi-Wan was massively hindered by his overwhelming grief at Anakin's fall, and it's confirmed that he was holding back the entire time. Meanwhile Vader was circumstantially rage-amped and any conflict he might have had would have further amplified his abilities.

Clearly Vader was the better but to pretend the two are anything less than narrowly matched fighters is frankly 100% incorrect.

LMFAO you said his Judgement was blocked out, which is more than enough. having good judgement is a deciding factor in life and death situations.

#41 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#42 Posted by Mustafa-28 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#43 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul > Obi-Wan

Anakin > Ahsoka

Team 2.

#44 Edited by G_Race (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: You think Ashoka can hold off ROTS Anakin for any meaningful amount of time??

#45 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2604 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_race: Yes, I rank Ahsoka about the level of dooku as a duelist, also she can definitely hold of Anakin while Obi beats maul

#46 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen:

This triggers me. Dooku was far more talented than Ahsoka and is far older, and has spent a lifetime honing his lightsaber prowess. By sheer logic, how the heck can Ahsoka even contend with him?

#47 Posted by Kurk (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_race: Yes, I rank Ahsoka about the level of dooku as a duelist, also she can definitely hold of Anakin while Obi beats maul

Absolute cancer.

Naturally, I'd see the pairing as Maul vs Obi and Tano vs Anakin

This duel really comes down to which pairing finishes first. I'd put ROTS Obi > Maul , but the duel is going to be tedious as Kenobi waits for Maul to fatique/slip. Likewise I have ROTS Anakin > Fulcrum Tano , but given the latter's performance against Vader, I can't imagine it would be a short fight.

#48 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2604 posts) - - Show Bio

@kurk: @lord_tenebrous: Her 1 feat of stalemating Vader (Although she was losing obviously), is enough to say she’s around Dooku’s Tier

That definitely means she can at the very least contend with Anakin

#49 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen:

I disagree with where you place her, however I respect your opinion and do not really wish to get into an argument.

#50 Posted by G_Race (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen

I also disagreee with where you place her, however I will not respect your opinion as it is blatantly wrong. I do not wish to get into an argument. ROTS Anakin >>> Ahsoka.

Also, she really didn't 'stalemate' Vader.. He was in control, and handily.. She hit him in the helmet with his head turned and focusing on the holocron.. Come on dude..