Davos.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is basically asking "Can May replicate what Danny did against Davos w/ the injection".

The answer is yes.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator
Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May can win. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain she will but she certainly can with a knife.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Ignoring the extremely fallacious comparison of Danny and May's skill, ignoring the fact that Davos never needs to even close in to end this fight and ignoring the blatant polarity of morals, the injection instantly slowed Davos and hindered his ability to summon the fist. A dagger won't. That's the same guy who continued fighting while the spirit of Shou Lao was literally trying to kill him from inside. Something Colleen described as having her insides on fire. That person is not going down in one stab. Ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: A dagger to the back of his head would do the trick just fine. He has the Iron Fist power, he's not invincible.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_tiger: Back of the head? Okay, let's pretend that Davos is just going to stand there while May stabs him in her organ of choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amcu said:

May can win. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain she will but she certainly can with a knife.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos. Chi is too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair w/ Danny vs Davos, Davos wasn't intending to go all out on him and he didn't start the fight with chi activated either.

He won't hold back with May and the fight will start w/ chi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^

This is basically asking "Can May replicate what Danny did against Davos w/ the injection".

The answer is yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Davos given the knife would literally just break on his fist and the intention of the OP seems to be he won't turn it on and off as he did against Colleen and Danny

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

"her organ of choice"

I dunno why that sounded so funny.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos with the fists is SS level, the only people who fought him and had a chance were either people who had trained for it (Mary, with help from Danny, who still lost pretty badly) or had the fist themselves.

Giving any random unenhanced street leveler a knife and no experience or prior knowledge just results in this;

No Caption Provided

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: "any random unenhanced street leveler" lmao

I think Davos with chi can win more often than not, but that's a wholly inaccurate description of May

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister:

but that's a wholly inaccurate description of May

How? May isn't a tier apart from anyone else in her bracket, at the end of the day she's just an unenhanced fighter. If you were to pull names out of a bucket (I.e DD, May, Oliver) any and all of them would get bodied in this fight. She is not special within this context.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@supremegeneration: Ignoring the extremely fallacious comparison of Danny and May's skill, ignoring the fact that Davos never needs to even close in to end this fight and ignoring the blatant polarity of morals, the injection instantly slowed Davos and hindered his ability to summon the fist. A dagger won't. That's the same guy who continued fighting while the spirit of Shou Lao was literally trying to kill him from inside. Something Colleen described as having her insides on fire. That person is not going down in one stab. Ever.

Ngl I forgot the Fists had ranged capabilities. I don't quite remember Davos using them, but if he did, and he does so here, he has the capacity of the fk May up then. Even then, I see nothing wrong with comparing Danny and May's skill. I've been more impressed by May than I have been with Danny... Danny's only notable feat off the top of my head is the office in Defenders.

All Danny did was play keep away from the fist - a literal glowing fist that anyone with a brain would try to avoid. Watching the fight again, though, he landed more hits (w/o the fist, obviously) than I thought he did. He might be more of a peer here than I originally thought. That said, I disagree with the knife. He might not go down to a stab, but he'd certainly feel it. I'd have to rewatch the last couple of IFS2 episodes to revisit what you described. Even then, a stab to an organ or the head isn't out of the equation either.

It's a bit closer rewatching the fight I mentioned, but I still think May should take it. Maybe not as solidly.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister:

but that's a wholly inaccurate description of May

How? May isn't a tier apart from anyone else in her bracket, at the end of the day she's just an unenhanced fighter. If you were to pull names out of a bucket (I.e DD, May, Oliver) any and all of them would get bodied in this fight. She is not special within this context.

That makes sense. I thought you meant random street-leveler as in a "she's Misty Knight tier" sense. That's the vibe I get whenever I see 'random' on the battle forums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos stomps, lol at these biased fellows.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

>Subline

>Calling others biased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: This battle is pure bias, you can't seriously say May doesn't get one shotted here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards May

Avatar image for celestialknight
CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CelestialKnight
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

@the_magister: This battle is pure bias, you can't seriously say May doesn't get one shotted here.

The battle was created by TonyMartial... there's no way he went into this favoring May.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anthp2000  Moderator

Is Lime calling people out on pure bias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The battle was created by TonyMartial... there's no way he went into this favoring May.

Tony was so smart that he knew by making this battle all the biased people would show their true colours, and so they have. He obviously isn't biased himself as he knows the outcome of this is obvious, he just wanted to see the extent you people go to, in order to say your favorite characters win.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Paytience

@subline: Yes...other people's bias. Because it's not as if some of the antagonists in Iron Fist season 2 were literally high school kids or anything.

_

_

_

Oh, wait...

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Paytience

@subline: One shotted? May legit isn't taking any significant damage in this fight, period.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Justiciar

@subline said:
@the_magister said:

Tony was so smart that he knew by making this battle all the biased people would show their true colours, and so they have. He obviously isn't biased himself as he knows the outcome of this is obvious, he just wanted to see the extent you people go to, in order to say your favorite characters win.

Ironic that you of all people complain about bias. You're the guy who made an anti-feats thread for the sole purpose of making a post to lowball a character you dislike.

You're like a Cadbury chocolate bar complaining about health choices.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: lol...what. Did you just call him a "cadbury chocolate bar". Wtf...

...roasted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironic that you of all people complain about bias. You're the guy who made an anti-feats thread for the sole purpose of making a post to lowball a character you dislike.

You're like a Cadbury chocolate bar complaining about health choices.

I don't dislike Ward as a character.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HulkBusterx9

Davos was trained from birth to be The Immortal Iron Fist. Davos also seems to have the better combat speed. He can handle knives, as seen in the club fight. She is fodder to him. Come on, was this thread made as a joke or what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: One shotted? May legit isn't taking any significant damage in this fight, period.

Davos repeatedly tagged Danny, a more skilled opponent, why can't he tag May?

And May isn't taking a Chi Punch.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos is the equivalent skill-wise of Danny, and Danny is on Black Panther and Daredevil levels of skill. She has little, to like, no chance here. This will be like that fight scene between Cap and Batroc, only quicker.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: I doubt you watch AoS if your sole reasoning is "he's on Black Panther level of skill."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Listen here May is way faster then Davos and has a knife that can potentially one shot him please stop being annoying

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: I doubt you watch AoS if your sole reasoning is "he's on Black Panther level of skill."

I'm a huge fan of the show actually. This fight scene>>>>>anything may has done.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Listen here May is way faster then Davos and has a knife that can potentially one shot him please stop being annoying

Stop fanwanking

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny bullet timed, and Davos kept up with him.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Justiciar

@hulkbusterx9: First of all, apologies for assuming you don't watch the show. Nice to meet another fan of AoS.

I do disagree on your reasoning though. Danny beating what seems to be 11 guys is a good feat for sure, but that on its own isn't the end-be-all. May has fodder feats that are respectable (often taking down multiple trained fighters like HYDRA agents, CyberTek operatives, etc.), plus feats against established opponents that outstrip Danny's (the best measure of skill IMO), and feats against superhumans (Kree, Remorath, LMDs, Primitives). Heck - against the Primitives, May was actually surrounded by 3 of them and took them all down without being tagged except for the surprise attack at the beginning.

I think Danny likely has an edge in crowd control, but May excels in areas that are more relevant to a 1v1 scenario IMO. Feats against established opponents are the best way to determine that, and she performs extremely well in those showings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Here May beats a bunch of enhance Mercenaries (By enhance a mean peak human stats) Stop messing with The ninja logic

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy-scarlet said:

Danny bullet timed, and Davos kept up with him.

Both Quake and Danny's bullet timing feats are questionable. Quake didn't really move, she just activated her powers. It's difficult to gauge.

With Danny, they made it a big deal that he charged himself up with chi beforehand. So that calls the validity of it in pure h2h into question.