#1 Posted by Redzkz (3249 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Battlefield: Dushanbe

In charater.

Current canon Vader, Aenarion with sword of Khaine.

Random encounter.

To the death.

Starting distance 10 meters.

Who wins?

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont do Warhammer Fantasy,

#4 Posted by Redzkz (3249 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Why?

Never got into it like 40K. I have only the Vampire Novels and Nagash Novels for fantasy, and while entertaining, nothing about Fantasy has the fun of Dawn of War Games, 40K Comics, ect. So never delve into Fantasy as much as 40K which I did have all the codexes too, tons of novels, comics, video games. I do plan on getting the total war Warhammer games someday. That is about it.

#6 Posted by Redzkz (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Why?

Never got into it like 40K. I have only the Vampire Novels and Nagash Novels for fantasy, and while entertaining, nothing about Fantasy has the fun of Dawn of War Games, 40K Comics, ect. So never delve into Fantasy as much as 40K which I did have all the codexes too, tons of novels, comics, video games. I do plan on getting the total war Warhammer games someday. That is about it.

I see. Well, old WFB is dead (literally, Chaos won), but new is rising, although most fans hate it so far due to changes and Chaos wankery. Still WFB are a solid stories, so check them if you will someday be bored.

Anyway, here is Aenarion feats:

Aenarion vs chaos army

As they approached the Isle of the Dead, horror and wonder filled his mind in equal measure. Thousands of crude ships filled the sea, delivering legions of monsters to the shores of the island.

Hundreds of thousands of twisted beings filled the beaches beneath him, some the size of elves, some the size of dragons and every size and shape in between. Here and there things raised hands or claws or a staff to the sky and a futile bolt of magical energy blasted skyward to strike a dragon impotently. At this range and height there was nothing their foes could do to harm them. Those flying Chaos creatures that dared to rise and challenge them were blasted from the sky...

Each of the armies was led by a greater daemon sworn to those powers, chosen representatives of the daemon gods. They were mighty beyond the understanding of mortals. They had led their forces to countless victories in countless places. The fact that they were all gathered here argued that the daemonic leaders understood quite as well as he did exactly how important this place was, that the fate of the world would be decided by what happened here today.

A group of elf soldiers tried to fight their way towards the embattled Phoenix King but died before they could reach him, overwhelmed by the sheer number of their foes. Aenarion leapt from Indraugnir’s back, like a swimmer diving into a sea of monstrous flesh. His blade flickered faster than mortal eyes could follow, smashing through the bodies of his enemies as if they were made from matchwood. A dragon ogre leapt at him, jaws snapping; he caught it in the air one handed, and sent it flying a hundred yards with a flick of his arm. It cartwheeled through the air to splatter against the walls of the shrine.

Aenarion cleaved through his opponents, killing everything within reach, his blade sending pulses of black light over the battlefield, the red runes glowing ever stronger as it drank life. His enemies died in their hundreds and then their thousands. Nothing could stand against him, and seeing his unleashed wrath his foes turned to flee.

Size of the dragon ogre

No Caption Provided

Kills three greater daemons (the fourth was killed by his dragon):

The daemon laughed. There was madness in its mirth that would have blasted the sanity of most mortals. ‘I am Kairos Fateweaver and I will send your soul to Tzeentch so he may use it as a bauble for his pleasure.’

It stretched out its taloned hands and ravening streamers of multi-coloured light flashed towards Aenarion. Whatever they touched, living or unliving, warped and changed. Beastmen devolved into protoplasm, hardened stone ran like water. Aenarion raised his blade in front of him and the ribbons of light parted on either side of him. He pushed forward, like a swimmer against a strong tide.

The Lord of Change bellowed its rage and fury and invoked another spell, but by the time it was complete Aenarion was upon it, and the black blade bit home into its flesh. Where the weapon struck, chunks were hacked away and ectoplasm swirled forth in a choking cloud. The daemon screamed, unable to believe that anything could cause it so much pain. Its mighty taloned hands reached out to grip Aenarion.

Such a feast, whispered the voices in his head. More.

Sparks flickered where the daemon’s grip bit into Aenarion’s breastplate. The Lord of Change was a being of awful magical energies and not even the potent spells woven into the elf’s armour could completely resist it. The talons bit flesh and drew blood as they sought out the Phoenix King’s heart.

Aenarion stifled his own cry of pain, and, knowing he had only one chance to live, struck a blow with the black blade, piercing the daemon’s head and striking its jewelled brain. It exploded into a thousand pieces. The force of the blast hurled him through the air to land sprawling on the steps of the temple. He felt ribs break on impact.

Aenarion’s heart sank. He knew this four-armed creature. It had taken all his strength to kill it once and now here it was again. This was N’Kari, the Keeper of Secrets, one of the deadliest of all the servants of the Gods of Chaos, the leader of the forces of Slaanesh, Lord of Pleasure.

‘I see I must slay you again,’ Aenarion shouted to get the daemon’s attention. ‘Or will you escape your just doom by some new trick as you appear to have done in the ruins of Ellyrion?’

N’Kari laughed its beautiful woman’s laugh, and the wind bore its pungent erotic aroma to Aenarion’s nostrils. Normal mortals would have been bemused, but Aenarion was hardened against any temptation it might have borne.

‘Arrogant mortal, I let you live once so I might experience the sensation of defeat. Now I am gorged on ten thousand souls and I am invincible. Be honoured! Your soul will learn agony and ecstasy under the lash of the Dark Prince of Pleasure once I send it to meet him.’

‘You will not defeat me again, mortal.’

Aenarion reached out with his hand into the cavity the black blade had made. He pulled forth the daemon’s still pulsing heart and raised it before him.

‘No,’ bellowed N’Kari. Aenarion closed his fist, crushing the heart. The daemon spasmed as if the organ being pulped were still within its chest. Poisonous blood dripped over Aenarion’s mailed fist, burning through the armour and threatening to make his hand useless. Aenarion forced its own blood into the daemon’s eyes, blinding it, then he raised the blade once more and drove it into N’Kari’s shattered chest.

The Bloodthirster struck again, with the force of a thousand thunderbolts

The daemon sprang forward in a cloud of fire and brimstone. Its weapons lashed out and Aenarion twisted to avoid the blow. It caught Aenarion in his already wounded arm, breaking armour, shattering bone, sending the Phoenix King flying through the doorway of the temple to land amid the last few surviving wizards who still chanted the spell.

‘That is not possible, mortal. I am Hargrim Dreadaxe and I am invincible. Never have I known defeat.’ The Bloodthirster pounced like a tiger leaping on a deer. Its speed was almost too fast for mortal eye to follow. Its power was all but irresistible.

Aenarion unleashed the last of his carefully husbanded strength. A mighty blow arced downwards. The Sword howled in triumph as it smashed through eldritch armour, bit into unearthly flesh, shattered bone and ribs and cleft the daemon from head to groin. It fell to earth chopped almost in two, leaving Aenarion standing over its swiftly evaporating form.

‘There is a first time for everything,’ Aenarion said.

#7 Edited by decaf_wizard (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not willing to defend Fantasy against Vader. Its not my thing

#8 Posted by Killerwasp (15577 posts) - - Show Bio

The elf takes it, but does he get his dragon?

#9 Posted by Cypher0120 (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say this about the new Fantasy setting, it's getting a lot better.

Also new feats like Archaon lightning-timing, planet level Ghal Maraz, and a Great Unclean One with a monocle.