Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
#1 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to inject some originality into the Battles forums. These two are from some pretty awesome series and share plant/vine-based powers.

Both are in character. Win is by KO and they fight in London as shown in The Wicked + The Divine. They start off 20 feet apart.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Who takes it?

#2 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#3 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I'm working on a respect thread over on Reddit right now. I should be done in a few hours. When that's done, I'll post it here.

#5 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@zetsumoto: Here ya go. What do you think?

Complete miss-match. Addison has not shown anything on this level yet. Nothing even close. At best she's Jason level strength/regen with bullet timer speed. Maybe in the future she'll show more mystical/god-like feats but right now she's outclassed in power and versatility by a large margin.

#7 Posted by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Tomboy? That the Action Lab series?

#8 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Shoot. Thought she was Ken Kaneki level or something.

Wait... are you talking post-awakening as well?

@wyldsong: Yes.

#9 Posted by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Well, may need to read that then. So far, Vampblade, Zombie Tramp, and Dollface make my pull list from them.

#10 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@zetsumoto: Shoot. Thought she was Ken Kaneki level or something.

@wyldsong: Yes.

Nothing on that level yet. Maybe if she ever has to fight an actual super-villain, but right now all she does is murder criminals slasher villain style. Would be awesome if she was though.

#11 Edited by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I always kind of bypassed that title. Didn't realize she actually had some abilities. Sounds like a cool read.

#12 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Cool. I've never really looked into Action Lab outside of Tomboy, but I just saw previews of those other titles and liked the art. Good stuff. Might have to look further into them.

#13 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Honestly, I enjoy the three mentioned titles. Some nudity in the books, but nothing like most Avatar Press titles, which can get to be a bit excessive. I do highly enjoy the three titles I mentioned. Though of the three, Zombie Tramp is a bit hax.

#15 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Yea, it's really good. Not much action though. Most of her killing is done off-screen. It's very old-school slasher movie inspired. She did rip someone's spine out Mortal Kombat style though.

#16 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Is Pluto in Wicked + Divine?

#17 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Some nudity is no problem for me. Just don't need anything resembling Witchblade xD

And hax as in she's impossible to kill?

#18 Posted by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Damn. Guess that is going on my pull list for sure now.

#19 Edited by Wyldsong (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Not impossible to kill, but damn hard to put down, even when you kill her body. It took some very specific prep to even put her down for a time. As for hax, she just has a variety of hax abilities. Still, damn fun read. Especially if you enjoy horror/dark comedy.

#20 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

His Greek analogue Hades was in one recurrence, or cycle of gods. But his was in the 1830s and the book takes place in the 2010s, so he's long gone.

The short answer is no.

#21 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:
@zetsumoto said:

His Greek analogue Hades was in one recurrence, or cycle of gods. But his was in the 1830s and the book takes place in the 2010s, so he's long gone.

The short answer is no.

So... They have Persephone without Hades??? Interesting choice... =/

#22 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:
@zetsumoto said:

The short answer is no.

So... They have Persephone without Hades??? Interesting choice... =/

No two gods are guaranteed to reincarnate at the same time. There's no attachment to mythology in this story. The gods are all from different cultures and mythologies anyhow.

You traditionalists are no fun :P

#23 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: They may as well go up to her and say "By the way, you have a soul-mate, but you guys didn't get reincarnated together so... Sucks to be you!"

#24 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: They may as well go up to her and say "By the way, you have a soul-mate, but you guys didn't get reincarnated together so... Sucks to be you!"

She's had sex with at least 3 other gods, so I don't think her soul-mate being absent has been much of a difficult adjustment ;)

#25 Posted by Symlen (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Brody has leveled up in Tomboy's last appearing issues. The Scarlet Wing branch of the afflicted whom Addison descends from can manipulate reality with a thought. The manifestation of plant vines are but a scratching of the surface regarding what the Wintervermilion Wolf can do now.