Adam Warlock vs Thanos

puiwaihin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By puiwaihin

Warlock's limitations are still relatively unknown.  Beings with magic like abilities are really difficult to judge.  I'd never say he "can't" beat anyone short of Eternity or the Celestials, but whether his victory is likely or not is another matter.

I'd say Warlock has a good chance against Thanos, but could also be beaten by him.

If I'm not mistaken, in their previous battles aren't they 1-1?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#202  Edited By Caligula

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LMFAO!!!!

Spin_Cycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Spin_Cycle
@Static Shock:  

You actually do see his silhouette of Adam Warlock. Whether Galactus ACTUALLY blasted him or, not, I don't know. But you see it here: 

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By Static Shock
@Spin_Cycle: This debate has been dead for over a year. So, I'm not sure as to why you're posting this scan for me.
Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Star_Lord
I know a lot about Cosmic Marvel. Thanos has simply done more. Better performance feats, better fight feats, etc. Adam is also inconsistent, displaying various levels of power, so its hard to truly get a grip on what he can do. I know of their fights, and while this may seems biased(and I understand stand its not the way to win a debate) I just don't care. Adam simply hasn't done as much as Thanos, end of story. Thanos wins.
rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By rdskns4eva

@Spin_Cycle said:

@Static Shock:

You actually do see his silhouette of Adam Warlock. Whether Galactus ACTUALLY blasted him or, not, I don't know. But you see it here:

No Caption Provided

Nope, Adam teleported (or moved really fast) out of harms way and ended up on top of Galactus's head. He then convinced the other cosmic entities to help him stop Thanos.

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By First_Last

Thanos w/ease.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#209  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thanos=Afraid of Adam Warlock.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thanos.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Iragexcudder

Stalemate. Thanos is more powerful, Adam is smarter and more tactile.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By spawn_123

@Iragexcudder said:

Stalemate. Thanos is more powerful, Adam is smarter and more tactile.

Thanos is smarter than Adam

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By SupermanWins465

Thanos with prep is basically skyfather level. 

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Killemall

Misjudgement from both side, barring the surving Galactus blast during Infinity Gauntlet saga, Warlock is actually weaker than Thor/ Hercules. Warlock has lost to thor twice (both under warrior madness), was rather convincingly losing against Hercules before Vision interrupted, Brute nearly beat him as well.

Adam Warlock physically is absolutely no match for Thanos.

However, had this been morals off and Warlock had his soul gem, which he lost during his resurrection in Annihilation Conquest 01 (2007) , he could have likely won against Thanos via soul manipulation. Without it Warlock has nothing in his arsenal to put Thanos down, Thanos has everything to rather handily put Warlock down.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By dondave

Thanos ftw

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By I_am_Warlock

Commenting on this thread because it was recently pointed out to be. Anyone who think current Warlock is above Thanos is just simply misguided.

Warlock, on his own accord, has never been Thanos's equal or superior. Magus is a different thing.

As per soul manipulation, its not Warlock's own ability but rather than ability anyone who has soul gem would have, something Warlock hasnt had for about 5 years now.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any change

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The latest installment of Thanos: Revelations, appears to indicate that an alternate reality Warlock is now the 616 Warlock. According to Thanos, he suspects he is more powerful than previous incarnations of Warlock.

However, the slate is open in terms of feats for Warlock, so still going with Thanos at this point.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: so there's a new Warlock? And he doesn't have feats yet but Thanos sees him as a threat?

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Adam Warlock

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#223  Edited By serrure

Adam Warlock is probably one of the few who could challenge Thanos solo... but Thanos still takes a majority

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divided thread. IntIntriguing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so there's a new Warlock? And he doesn't have feats yet but Thanos sees him as a threat?

Yes. Unfortunately, I don't have any scans because I actually bought the hard bound TPB :).

*mumbles under breath: "....and there's no way I'm putting my perfect Revelations book on my scanner to make copies*

But, yes Thanos stated that he sees the new Warlock as more powerful.

That could be very interesting for future stories.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

so there's a new Warlock? And he doesn't have feats yet but Thanos sees him as a threat?

Yes. Unfortunately, I don't have any scans because I actually bought the hard bound TPB :).

*mumbles under breath: "....and there's no way I'm putting my perfect Revelations book on my scanner to make copies*

But, yes Thanos stated that he sees the new Warlock as more powerful.

That could be very interesting for future stories.

From the post here, It says "thanos sees Adam as more powerful". That does not mean he sees him as a threat...at least one on one. Thanos considers Adam a threat because of his ability to thwart his plans at times. In a one on one fight Warlock has never been a threat

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: unless he had his soul gem or the power he retained from it, yeah?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

From the post here, It says "thanos sees Adam as more powerful". That does not mean he sees him as a threat...at least one on one. Thanos considers Adam a threat because of his ability to thwart his plans at times. In a one on one fight Warlock has never been a threat

Thanos specific words: "That is a different and, I suspect, much more powerful Adam Warlock than the one I am used to dealing with."

He may not have considered Adam Warlock as much of a threat, but his alter ego (the Magus) has always been a threat. And what the new Adam Warlock can do remains to be seen.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

That's how I interpreted it as well.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: He may not have considered Adam Warlock as much of a threat, but his alter ego (the Magus) has always been a threat. And what the new Adam Warlock can do remains to be seen.

Very true that thanos considers magus a threat. But this thread and the comic you mentioned are about Adam Warlock. People were using the word "threat" when that word was never used or implied in the comic.

@pooty: unless he had his soul gem or the power he retained from it, yeah?

Possibly. But the version with the soul gem was replaced by the most current version "Magic Warlock". Warlock(to my knowledge) never had soul gem powers without the soul gem

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins, but Adam warlock gives him a very good fight...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Adam Warlock was never a real threat to Thanos. They've appeared in tons of issues together, and it's always shown that Thanos is not just more powerful then Warlock, he's a LOT more powerful. Just because Warlock is seen by Thanos as more powerful, doesn't mean he's now greater then Thanos.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: After Adam came back to life because Death and her realm couldn't hold his soul, he awoke with the abilities of the gem; such as ability to manipulate souls and rip them from people when pushed to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

He may not have considered Adam Warlock as much of a threat, but his alter ego (the Magus) has always been a threat. And what the new Adam Warlock can do remains to be seen.

Very true that thanos considers magus a threat. But this thread and the comic you mentioned are about Adam Warlock. People were using the word "threat" when that word was never used or implied in the comic.

The thread doesn't mention it, but I never said it did. What I mean, is perhaps Thanos considers Warlock a threat because of his alter ego in past encounters.

However, the context of the new book appears to indicate Warlock himself as powered up. But like I said, it remains to be seen how it will play out.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: After Adam came back to life because Death and her realm couldn't hold his soul, he awoke with the abilities of the gem; such as ability to manipulate souls and rip them from people when pushed to it.

Really? I missed that. Is current Warlock still the magic one? or is there a new version

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: there's a brand new Adam Warlock but idk anything about it. Ive been trying to find out what I can but it seems he hasnt been in anything yet and the current 616 Adam is actually a more powerful alternate reality verison. So he will be the new Adam Warlock of 616. Anyway ive actually been more intrigued by Thanos' recent beating by Starlord. Albeit Peter had the Mandalay gem, but he's always got something up his sleeve.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Mandalay Gem. Marvel is always coming up with a item that's more powerful then the last one. it's celestial tech from what i hear. I have not read any of the legendary star lord. is it any good?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: haha exactly my thoughts. Thanos was written well in it. Clever and regal but still kind of scary. I like the aspect of Peter being as sly as Thanos but acknowledging he isn't as smart. It works as a story when you see Thanos' own power against himself amped by the gem. The story itself is fair but I'm not hooked by any means. Not yet at least. As for Thanos, I just want him to have a more balanced nemesis that is equal to his badassery. I am hoping Marvel makes thst Warlock. Evening the ground. But we shall see

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: The Mad Titan himself made the indication and assumption of Warlock.

@pooty: Agreed, always nice talking with you.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#242  Edited By Claymore1998
@pooty said:

I think people are misreading into what the story says. Thanos sees this Adam Warlock as more powerful than the Adam Warlock he is used to seeing, which is different from suggesting he is more powerful than Thanos himself.

Thanos has seen Warlock as a threat because he understands Thanos better than himself, but the story ventures into a different path showing Thanos and Warlock complete each other, their fates are intertwined.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: does Supermans powerset change when he sundips or does he get more powerful?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: It's not the same concept as the same Superman sundipping. Is Superboy Prime equally as Powerful as Earth 2 Superman?

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By galactus1967

Thanos and warlock truly seem to be friends,if it ever came down to a real battle.Thanos would win,but it would be close,cause Warlock seems to have any superpower he needs at the present time!

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos............................

Adam Warlock isn't above herald level

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galactus1967: I don't think Warlock just developed powers as needed. The only time I recall him doing that is when he turned Thanos to stone. Any other time Warlock has been beat down by Thor, Vulcan and Thanos. IMO . Warlock isn't a gimmick character. I do agree that the two have some weird bond.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: do you recall in infinity gauntlet,when Galactus blasted him with hid eye beams(which can kill a sky father level being).Warlock wound up on the top of G`s head unaffected.You might be right ,but sure seems to have any power he wants when he really needs it!

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers